• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Typing: Well that fairy type thing was said as a joke, but if everyone's saying their typings...

I guess I'd be... Fire/Dark. Maybe Electric/Dark. I'd love to be part flying but... Oh well.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Lost- That sounds awesome, hope they approve it!
niedude- The first part, not true about me. The second part... Oh yeah, I get paranoid whether someone's my friend or not, sometimes when I see a particular look, even if it's just a tired look or nothing at all, I wonder if it means anything. If someone snaps at me, I wonder how much they like me.. Yeah my trust issues stems from one girl, if you go through the first 1000 pages of this club, in the era of 2004-2006 I am sure you will find the posts about that girl lol, before that I wasn't so paranoid.

At one point, this girl I like who I am friends with, is a redhead, pale skin, green eyes and freckles so basically like the girl who destroyed my trust (Except a prettier and skinner version of her) I wondered if history would repeat itself just because she doesn't answer my texts very much, only get to see her every now and then because she's sick all the time (Seriously, she has a medical term called Pods or Pots if I am spelling it right, makes her sick all the time. But despite that, every event I created she put herself under going, she couldn't always make it but she must be a nice friend)... Yep, I am one of the ones with trust issues.

EE- Of course you can:)

Well it's scorching here, summer's approaching haha. Who's getting Pokemon X and Y? I won't be until I get more money later on.

Extreme Enigma

Extreme is a way of
Thanks, and you aren't the only with trust issues. If I get in a car or on a bus...I'm driving, to scared there gonna wreck the car >.< Anyways, been spending some time with a girl that I've been crushing on, but not sure its going to go anywhere.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I'm water type. as misty said a long time ago, water takes the shape of things. furthermore, water just chills wherever it's at and travels smoothly unless thrown. that's just like me.

I suppse since there is no application to join,
May I join?

Anhow, I'm really happy that this club exists, it's always nice to connect to other people like you.
Kind of a rare experience for me since I live in the deep South and half the time the closet's the safest place to be.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I'm water type. as misty said a long time ago, water takes the shape of things. furthermore, water just chills wherever it's at and travels smoothly unless thrown. that's just like me.

That was a kid friendly adaption of Bruce Lee's famous speech:

"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Lesser known variant:

"Flow in the living moment. — We are always in a process of becoming and NOTHING is fixed. Have no rigid system in you, and you'll be flexible to change with the ever changing. OPEN yourself and flow, my friend. Flow in the TOTAL OPENNESS OF THE LIVING MOMENT. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like an echo."

Unsourced variant: "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves."

Bruce Lee adored water's shapelessness and adaptability as a philosophy for combat and living

What "improvements" would you ever wanna' see in the LGBTQIA community?

You can interpret this question any way you want.

Imagine for example, that you don't see yrself as much of a person active in the "gay community". Why is that exactly? What changes would have to occur before you'd feel comfortable within the "gay community"?

Or something.

I like these discussions.

EDIT: This is sorta' prompted by a bad experience I'm having. Or have had. Whatever. And I'm tryna' put a positive spin on it.

I don't mean to sound like an ***, but basically everything about the gay (and other) community pisses me off. Most of the gays I know are either skanks or whiny losers (with the odd self hating and/or psychopath sprinkled in there). But nevermind me I'm just a grumpy old fart :p

alchimiste

I don't mean to sound like an ***, but basically everything about the gay (and other) community pisses me off. Most of the gays I know are either skanks or whiny losers (with the odd self hating and/or psychopath sprinkled in there). But nevermind me I'm just a grumpy old fart :p

I concur. But you forget the "fabulous-er than thou" ones

Volts

Volt Tackle

Old gator?

I agree, but mainly here they hide in the closet or keep a leash on who knows.

Chili

I'm back everyone!
I know you've all missed me but please hold your applause, I have an announcement to make.
I am no longer single.

Dj and alchimiste, I know.. exactly what you mean. This is totally why I'm asking this question. Heh.

So you guys wish that people in the 'gay community' was less uhm, arrogant?

And where's the promiscuity come from? On it's own I don't think it's a bad thing, or else that's just ****-shaming.

I am no longer single.

Congratulation.

EDIT: Oh I can't say ****? Okay well what I mean is 'shaming people for harmless promiscuity' is bad unless it's actually hurting people which on it's own, 'aint, I think.

niedude

Don't forget to grin

LGBT... QIA?
What? What could that possibly even stand for?
*goes on another rant on unecessary labels*
*finishes rant*
*deep breaths*

Umm yeah. We don't need to make this a community. The world is already changing to accept gays as equals so all we need to do is ride the wave along with it. If we try to push too hard we will just create unecessary (and maybe even legitimate) backlash, like the modern feminist movements.

I'm back everyone!
I know you've all missed me but please hold your applause, I have an announcement to make.
I am no longer single.

Congrats, man!
My best friend is also no longer single since yesterday, actually.
Can't believe he was still in denial bout being bi just a year ago.

Chili

LGBT... QIA?
*finishes rant*
*deep breaths*

Umm yeah. We don't need to make this a community. The world is already changing to accept gays as equals so all we need to do is ride the wave along with it. If we try to push too hard we will just create unecessary (and maybe even legitimate) backlash, like the modern feminist movements.

Congrats, man!
My best friend is also no longer single since yesterday, actually.
Can't believe he was still in denial bout being bi just a year ago.

Congrats to him too! I feel so happy now, I've never been so happy in a long time.

LGBT... QIA?
*finishes rant*
*deep breaths*

QIA I think is, Questioning, Intersex and Asexual.

I think SGD or.. Something along the lines of 'Sex and Gender Diversity' is probably better or else it just becomes the biggest acronym.

Okay well my take on my own question is.. Well, the problem is that the "gay community" is actually now the antithesis of what originally set out to be. It's 'aint inclusive. It 'aint welcoming. It 'aint safe. It's a vapid and unforgiving meatmarket.

Kdude146

well I haven't been on my computer much the last few days cuz I have been playing Pokémon Y

update from me the date I was suppose to go on didn't happen cuz he got sick so we changed it to this weekend and then he never shows up on Friday and I was really upset and hurt but come Saturday I was over it cuz I had both pokemon X and Y in my hands and I still haven't deleted him off facebook cuz I am going to wait a few more days and see if he replies with a reason to why he was a no show and if not I don't really care cuz I could sit around and mop about not having a date with him or I could move on with my life and find someone who wants to make time for me

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I can't really speak for the gay community, since I can count the number of gay people I know irl on one hand, but can I say what I would want, instead?

All of my life, I've been scared to get out there. I've always felt like a freak around 'normal' guys, because of my Autism, and sexuality. I want a place where I'm surrounded by people who get that, and will help me to get out of my shell. I've basically suppressed my competitive side my whole freaking-life, just because i've resented male authority figures for so long-I want a place where I can get past that.

(I hope I'm not the only gay kid who feels like that...sigh)

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
i guess everyone is busy with x and y that i nearly forgot about this group :3
i'd ask how are you guys enjoying the new gen but i already know the answers :p

anyway

I can't really speak for the gay community, since I can count the number of gay people I know irl on one hand, but can I say what I would want, instead?

All of my life, I've been scared to get out there. I've always felt like a freak around 'normal' guys, because of my Autism, and sexuality. I want a place where I'm surrounded by people who get that, and will help me to get out of my shell. I've basically suppressed my competitive side my whole freaking-life, just because i've resented male authority figures for so long-I want a place where I can get past that.

(I hope I'm not the only gay kid who feels like that...sigh)
most of us felt like this, you're not alone and i hope you feel much more comfortable about yourself after interacting with the group members ^w^
imo, there is no such thing as normal, which is what makes us AWESOME and our own person, dont be hard on yourself

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I know, i don't think i was being hard on myself, per sé, just having a weird week

Like, I met my ex-gay counselor at a restaurant this week, and I wanted to just run up to him, and tell him about how much progress I've made, how much more confident I've gotten, and all, and how much I've GROWN, and that didn't happen, because he was with his family and that's weird. Everyone at my school is interested in things I don't really care about, and a lot of the time nothing excites me. I dunno what's happening, it's just kinda all hit me at once D:

Status
Not open for further replies.