• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
The only other gay friends I have are all gay men. Other lesbians in my area and I just don't seem to click very well. It's not that it's anyone's fault though, I don't support internalized homophobia. It's just most of the other girls I meet tend to have very different personalities than I do.

I feel you. Me and gay guys don't click. They all wan't to watch beauty pageants and listen to Britney/Lady Gaga/whichever female pop artist is in at the moment, I'd just rather play video games or discuss feminism or something of the sort. They think I'm strange and "controversial", I think they're shallow and walking stereotypes.

Like legit, I have such a hard time relating to other gay guys.

jbthedelirious

The only other gay friends I have are all gay men. Other lesbians in my area and I just don't seem to click very well. It's not that it's anyone's fault though, I don't support internalized homophobia. It's just most of the other girls I meet tend to have very different personalities than I do.

I know what you mean, I only have one friend that's also a lesbian. I just don't, like you said, click with other lesbians where I'm from, aside from my aforementioned friend.

Speaking of my friend, does/has anybody else have/had to deal with people telling you that "you and x should date because you're both gay!"? Because I do, and it's annoying. Like, I don't see people going around saying "person x and person y should date because they're both straight."

Speaking of my friend, does/has anybody else have/had to deal with people telling you that "you and x should date because you're both gay!"? Because I do, and it's annoying. Like, I don't see people going around saying "person x and person y should date because they're both straight."
My thoughts exactly. I've been through that so many times before. I know we're low in numbers compared to our straight counterparts, but c'mon now. LML

Nyoah

The Dark Azure

happened once but the person recommended to me by my best friend happened to be an ex T-T

alchimiste

*peeks head in* Hi. Um I'm a lesbian and uh I like Pokemon and I would like to gain entry to your social club (I have no idea how club joining works).

But in all seriousness, Y is awesome. Just got to Cyllage City (college is taking up all of my time), and yeah, so far really loving it.

Welcome, welcome!

@JBthedelirious

If it makes you feel better, I never officially joined. I just sauntered in one day and started posting.

I think those are the club rules anyway ^_^ I personally just come and go every couple of months, say hi, and then disappear again (although that's not really by choice, but hélas, what can I do?)

alchimiste

I know what you mean, I only have one friend that's also a lesbian. I just don't, like you said, click with other lesbians where I'm from, aside from my aforementioned friend.

Not yet, but anyone who knows me knows I hate 99% of the gay population (not due to self-loathing, but because they annoy me)...

ANYWAY, a friend of mine knows a gay guy in Nebraska and, when she found out I was gay, asked me if I knew him... But I live in NY... I don't do the countryside... o_O

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Akarui- I am sure you will do fine:), maybe they will be accepting of you, you might have to prepare for aleast some shock (Funny thing is, when my cousin told me he was gay I was just.. Oh, okay cool. Actually the first time sounded like a joke because we were mucking around, but then he told me the second time and I was just normal really, don't really understand the need for shock to be honest. Actually, and I am not sure if this would offend anyone, but whenever my Christian friends come over (I live with three gay roommates btw), and I inform them there's three rooms and 4 roommates, one being accompanied by a lesbian couple, I just say it normally and see if they get there or figure it out. It's kinda funny seeing their reaction, because again I don't see why you need to be surprised or shocked.)

Tuskie- First one, yeah it's a good idea to wait for him to get over his boyfriend before you do anything, you don't want to be a rebound.
Second one, well maybe he's just private and doesn't want people annoying him if he puts gay, like stated above people have ridiculous reactions so he just doesn't want to be bothered with people asking him about it.

JB- Pretty sure people do that all the time, straight or gay. Mostly in high school though (But I have stated several times, when I have seen two people getting along real well that they look like they will be together soon, although don't do it as much now, a friend once pointed out that doing that might cause them to feel awkward around each other or just feel like they have to get together for it)

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Akarui- I am sure you will do fine:), maybe they will be accepting of you, you might have to prepare for aleast some shock (Funny thing is, when my cousin told me he was gay I was just.. Oh, okay cool. Actually the first time sounded like a joke because we were mucking around, but then he told me the second time and I was just normal really, don't really understand the need for shock to be honest. Actually, and I am not sure if this would offend anyone, but whenever my Christian friends come over (I live with three gay roommates btw), and I inform them there's three rooms and 4 roommates, one being accompanied by a lesbian couple, I just say it normally and see if they get there or figure it out. It's kinda funny seeing their reaction, because again I don't see why you need to be surprised or shocked.)
well i cant speak for akarui but i can say that being shock knowing someone is gay is very common, unnecessary but still common to the point where it kinda become a shock when finding out someone is NOT shocked knowing you're gay

i was shocked my oldest sister wasnt shocked and didnt give a sh*t if i was gay or not

but yeah anyway
i finally found love and i feel like im complete
it was all so sudden, makes me feel soooooooooo light and happy <3

Last edited:

Extreme Enigma

Extreme is a way of
I'm rarely online nowadays. I mainly spend my spare time either reading or playing some kind of game. Anyways, I come home to my brother and his ex GF in the front yard yelling at each other. Supposedly the girl cheated on him, and he beat the crap out of the guy she cheated with.

Tuskie- First one, yeah it's a good idea to wait for him to get over his boyfriend before you do anything, you don't want to be a rebound.
Second one, well maybe he's just private and doesn't want people annoying him if he puts gay, like stated above people have ridiculous reactions so he just doesn't want to be bothered with people asking him about it.
Thanks for the advice Tara. But, as each day passes, we're getting closer and closer. We hang out a lot, during lunch, in band practice, after band practice, I even went to his house. The only thing I am worried about is if I'm being friendzoned. I mean, no one likes to be friendzoned, right? Well, because he broke up with his boyfriend recently, he might be wanting a guy as a friend, instead of being his boyfriend. That's the only thing I'm thinking about and he is so young compared to me. D: I'm 3 years older.

Akarui Hoshi

The Bright Star
well i cant speak for akarui but i can say that being shock knowing someone is gay is very common, unnecessary but still common to the point where it kinda become a shock when finding out someone is NOT shocked knowing you're gay

i was shocked my oldest sister wasnt shocked and didnt give a sh*t if i was gay or not

but yeah anyway
i finally found love and i feel like im complete
it was all so sudden, makes me feel soooooooooo light and happy <3
And I think I know who that love is, Nyoah. ;)

I feel complete too. <3

I've been wondering this and I think a good number of you have felt the same way about this before, when someone's been so nice and warm to you, you're wondering are they flirting with you or are they just being a nice human being? I mean, it's good, but so frustrating at the same time, because you won't know if they are or aren't unless you know their sexuality. (>.<)

Volts

Volt Tackle
I've been wondering this and I think a good number of you have felt the same way about this before, when someone's been so nice and warm to you, you're wondering are they flirting with you or are they just being a nice human being? I mean, it's good, but so frustrating at the same time, because you won't know if they are or aren't unless you know their sexuality. (>.<)

And you try something and find out its not what you think? Yeah, been there, done that. Will surely do it again.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure

yes and sometimes even knowing their sexuality can still be confusing because you just dont know if they are flirting or being nice
makes a big misunderstanding sometimes
thankfully eventually you'll find out by asking random question that kinda will make them give hints if they are flirting or not

Volts

Volt Tackle
yes and sometimes even knowing their sexuality can still be confusing because you just dont know if they are flirting or being nice
thankfully eventually you'll find out by asking random question that kinda will make them give hints if they are flirting or not

But have to be careful at the same time, could end with someone pissed.

And you try something and find out its not what you think? Yeah, been there, done that. Will surely do it again.
I've been through it a lot as well, I wish the gaydar was real, if it was, it was save us a lot of heartache. It really would.
OMG Yes. I hate that, they're like "OMG a gay friend! :D" and you're like "OMG a potential boyfriend/girlfriend! :D"
I totally need to do that tomorrow, but I can't have it too obvious, but I need it obvious at the same time. ._.

Question, do you like the idea of a sideline/2nd option? I mean, I don't like it because it makes the person sound like they're less than your first option. But, some say it's smart because if your first option doesn't work out, you'll have that person "waiting". So, what do you guys think?

I'm currently in that situation, but I don't know if this guy is gay or not. He freakin' sends me like a heart in every text message. And I'm thinking he's gay, but he could be one of the guy who's like really nice and whatever. See, this is an example.
[IMG200]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3698/10583639884_80e4df9592_o.jpg[/IMG200]
That's just a tiny example, there's more but I'm not going to spam you guys about ever little text. But, you guys understand what I'm talking about, right? Things like that kind of annoy me, because I'm wondering, are you flirting with me or not? (>.<) I want to ask him is he gay, but if he's straight, then our relationship might not be the same anymore and I'm kind of afraid to tell him I'm gay too.

I've been through it a lot as well, I wish the gaydar was real, if it was, it was save us a lot of heartache. It really would.

OMG Yes. I hate that, they're like "OMG a gay friend! :D" and you're like "OMG a potential boyfriend/girlfriend! :D"

I totally need to do that tomorrow, but I can't have it too obvious, but I need it obvious at the same time. ._.

Question, do you like the idea of a sideline/2nd option? I mean, I don't like it because it makes the person sound like they're less than your first option. But, some say it's smart because if your first option doesn't work out, you'll have that person "waiting". So, what do you guys think?

I'm currently in that situation, but I don't know if this guy is gay or not. He freakin' sends me like a heart in every text message. And I'm thinking he's gay, but he could be one of the guy who's like really nice and whatever. See, this is an example.
[IMG200]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3698/10583639884_80e4df9592_o.jpg[/IMG200]
That's just a tiny example, there's more but I'm not going to spam you guys about ever little text. But, you guys understand what I'm talking about, right? Things like that kind of annoy me, because I'm wondering, are you flirting with me or not? (>.<) I want to ask him is he gay, but if he's straight, then our relationship might not be the same anymore and I'm kind of afraid to tell him I'm gay too.

I kind of think it would be better if you found out his sexuality. It can be pretty scary being unsure, but it's really heartbreaking to allow yourself to be in denial for a long time. Just make it sound like it's not a big deal.
Just tell him something like:
"You don't have to answer this if you're not comfortable or whatever, but are you gay?"

It can be kind of nerve wracking asking, but trust me, it pays off knowing where the relationship is going to lead. You don't want to be putting all your hopes on a straight guy. And no matter what his answer is to the question, you have no obligation to come out if you're not comfortable. It's just a good thing to know before you make any rash decisions on where to proceed.

I kind of think it would be better if you found out his sexuality. It can be pretty scary being unsure, but it's really heartbreaking to allow yourself to be in denial for a long time. Just make it sound like it's not a big deal.
Just tell him something like:
"You don't have to answer this if you're not comfortable or whatever, but are you gay?"

It can be kind of nerve wracking asking, but trust me, it pays off knowing where the relationship is going to lead. You don't want to be putting all your hopes on a straight guy. And no matter what his answer is to the question, you have no obligation to come out if you're not comfortable. It's just a good thing to know before you make any rash decisions on where to proceed.
Thanks a million for the advice. I was planning on asking him sometime this week. Friday to be exact, but yeah his answer and reaction is what I'm afraid of. I want to do some dirty digging, by asking some people if he's gay, but I don't want to raise much suspicion. So, my only option is to ask him. Thanks once again.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Haven't posted here in awhile. Anyways, about a month ago I started going back to Church after 15 years. And as of last Sunday, I am titled a Christian through Baptized. Was asked tonight to set up the new Face Book page for the Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.