• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostlyMaiden

Old User: OtakuGamer
Thank You! :)

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Lately, sounds have been affecting me more than ever. It doesn't even require a headache for moderately loud noises to be excruciatingly painful to me and lights are often too bright. Afterward, I have difficultly understanding words (and talking) with any degree of competency and am anxious for a long time. For example, a fire alarm once rung while I was eating lunch, and I was unable to eat the rest of my lunch and could not complete my essay in English class after (actually, I typed in some garble). ._. This is getting to be a serious problem. I need to wear earplugs when going outside my property for fear of loud noises.

Yesterday, I went to see Frozen. It was...okay. The cartoonish eyes combined with the realistic textures made for some serious Uncanny Valley feelings.

Does anyone else have problems relating to people? They expect me to be able to predict what they want, and think that I'm strange just because I don't get it. They'll say something and I won't be sure if they're serious or not and the they tell me to shut up when I ask them. Some of them often complain that I speak too loudly, and then, when I tell them to quiet down (because it's at a level that is painful to hear), they just give me the oddest look. I don't understand people at all. My empathy level's also odd--it's either far too high (I empathize with the weeds), or far too low (everyone else can go burn). Just...thinking of what other people will do and react...NOPE.

@ ThunderKnightSilver: Welcome~!
@ OtakuGamer: Welcome~!

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
Lately, sounds have been affecting me more than ever. It doesn't even require a headache for moderately loud noises to be excruciatingly painful to me and lights are often too bright. Afterward, I have difficultly understanding words (and talking) with any degree of competency and am anxious for a long time. For example, a fire alarm once rung while I was eating lunch, and I was unable to eat the rest of my lunch and could not complete my essay in English class after (actually, I typed in some garble). ._. This is getting to be a serious problem. I need to wear earplugs when going outside my property for fear of loud noises.

Have you talked to a doctor about this?

Does anyone else have problems relating to people? They expect me to be able to predict what they want, and think that I'm strange just because I don't get it. They'll say something and I won't be sure if they're serious or not and the they tell me to shut up when I ask them. Some of them often complain that I speak too loudly, and then, when I tell them to quiet down (because it's at a level that is painful to hear), they just give me the oddest look. I don't understand people at all. My empathy level's also odd--it's either far too high (I empathize with the weeds), or far too low (everyone else can go burn). Just...thinking of what other people will do and react...NOPE.

For me relating to people is kinda second nature. I guess I only have two bits of advice:

1) Be self aware and pay attention to detail. When you feel a certain way (happy, sad, angry, ect) How do you act? Pay attention to your behavior and then take that knowledge and apply it to others. Of course everyone IS different but these observations give you a place to start from. This should help you decipher when they are kidding or are being serious.

2) Get them to meet you half-way. And don't be afraid to call them out. The phrase "I'm not psychic." is a godsend.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Blackickblaziken, those are awesome advices. And I definitely agree with them.

I have one advice myself:

Ever felt like you hit a wall when you're trying to have a conversation, or just all around being social? Like that is as far as you're able to go? The conversation reaches a point where you either start drawing blanks or are unable to go anywhere from there... When/if that happens, try to imagine yourself physically forcing down that wall. Smile and introduce a topic, no matter how silly, as long as it is something you like to talk about. You might be scared, you'll definitely be uncomfortable, but doing this actually transmits a friendly energy to people and makes them more prone to opening up to you (provided it's your walls you're forcing down and not theirs)

Metaphors suck but I hope I got my point across.

SilverCharizard

Does anyone deal with their parents not liking you are gay or the fact that you are with some one? My parents dont like my partner and we have been together for about four years now. They will be nice to his face but have said hurtfull things about him behind his back to me. I want then to get along but I dont think they ever will. I think some of it has to do religion too but who knows. I was just curious.

oh I usually have trouble relating to straight men. I just dont ever know what to say to them. Just to stay on topic.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
You might be scared, you'll definitely be uncomfortable, but doing this actually transmits a friendly energy to people and makes them more prone to opening up to you (provided it's your walls you're forcing down and not theirs)

I have an amusing anecdote. One time I went to a networking activity. I was supposed to be with some co-workers, but none of them ever showed up. So there I was alone, needing to network with all these people I didn't know. I had no idea what to do, because you can't just go up to people and start talking to them!

Except, it turns out you can.

I mean, it's scary and uncomfortable (Don't let anyone ever tell you other wise), but that doesn't mean you can't do it. Overall all these social skills, are just that: skills. You have to practice, mess up, learn from your mistakes, and keep at it until you get better. Social skills are not just innate abilities. Sure, some people are better than others, but that does not mean you can't get better at it. It just means you have to work a little harder.

Does anyone deal with their parents not liking you are gay or the fact that you are with some one?

Oh, me! My dad is relatively cool about it. But my mom is pretty homophobic (and like most other homophobes, she hates to be called out on homophobic behavior). Regarding what to do, how old are you? Do you depend on them? Do you live with them?

If you don't, then set clear boundaries. They don't have to like your partner, but they have to respect you and your decisions, and that includes respecting him. If they don't respect these boundaries, then *follow through*. What is following through? That is up to you. But most often it is cutting toxic people out of your life.

If you do, then your best option is talking it out. If that doesn't work, then you might just have to wait until the previous option becomes viable.

oh I usually have trouble relating to straight men. I just dont ever know what to say to them. Just to stay on topic.

I get along swimmingly with straight men. It's gay men i have trouble relating to. That might be my fault, though. I might perceive other gay guys as prey. Which I really should stop doing. >.>

FennekinBlazes

Gay Mess
Hello there. I'm Bisexual. I thought it was about time I came here to meet others!

GhostlyMaiden

(Not really sure how to word this so my apologize.) About a month ago I realized that I am Bisexual. But two months before my parents (step mom and dad. I have two families) asked me in a "worried tone" "You're not Lesbian or Bisexual are you?" At the time I wasn't but it's pretty obvious that if I tell them that I am Bisexual they will not approve it. My other family (mom and step dad) also asked me this question before my step mom and dad did and they seemed calm and also said, "if you ever become lesbian or bisexual we just want to let you know that we do support you!"

I don't know what to do! I'm only 13! Also;

Me and my best friend have known each other for 2 years now. She knows that I am Bisexual. While hanging out with our two friends, one of them made a comment (they don't know that I am Bisexual) "You two would make a cute couple!" Everyone laughed because it was meant to be a joke, so I just laughed along. But the thing is, I think I do like my best friend! But I don't want to tell her and be afraid that she will say that she doesn't feel the same way and then our friendship gets ruined.

Can anyone help me? (Sorry for not using names.)

KyuremFreeze

Hello, b0ss
But the thing is, I think I do like my best friend! But I don't want to tell her and be afraid that she will say that she doesn't feel the same way

Just go with your gut, tell her if you want to. If you're nervous, just do it when you're ready, and only when you feel comfortable. If she asks you out, then great!

GhostlyMaiden

Just go with your gut, tell her if you want to. If you're nervous, just do it when you're ready, and only when you feel comfortable. If she asks you out, then great!

I guess I can wait a while. I mean Summer is coming, I can hang out with her and stuff and hopefully we can build a better bond. :)

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
i got drunk and confessed to my parents who i truly am and all my believes and sexuality
was a long emotional journey but i was the only one emotional as my parent didnt seem to care if im gay, atheist, or anything
they told me whoever i am, they support me
they're the biggest homophobics, they hate any who isnt following their own religion, i was in complete shock that i couldnt help but cry and ask them over and over to make sure i heard them right
im still in absolute shock, i was prepared for the worse but this threw me off guard

im still drunk so i apologize for not trying to help or give advice to the people above my post right now as im not having a good enough mind state to do such a thing

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh honey.. You're always drunk. lol
I'm happy for you though. Now it's out there

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Oh honey.. You're always drunk. lol
I'm happy for you though. Now it's out there

i only got drunk because you asked me not to, see? im a thoughtful friend :3
jk
thanks, it feels weird though talking to my family knowing they know everything

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So.. Today is Azures birthday! Woohoo! Happy birthday, you old f**k, we all love you~

Ketaru

So how does a gay dude go about joining this club?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
By wishing Azurewing a happy birthday~
Welcome to the club

Ketaru

Oh. Well, Happy Birthday, Azurewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.