• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Guy asks me, completely seriously, why I am cute.

????

PROFIT

Sorry, I had to do that. x)

Aww, good luck Princess.

Well, my school's party is going to be on late October only!
And no interesting parties at the campus this week, it seems. =/
Keep encouraging me with your stories until there, people! x)

sparkyandpikachu

and also Puka
Im not gay and im engaged to my soon to be husband, but I totally support it. It doesnt matter if youre gay or bi or straight or lesbian, it matters who you wanna be with, and anyone should be with whoever they wanna be with. Who cares if two guys or two girls wanna be together. Its life and love and happiness inside that counts. I totes dislike that people get made fun of. Those rude people need to get a heart and grow up. I would be honored to be a part of this.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
I just recently discovered this thread and would be very glad to be a part of this club to support everyone here. I myself am a heterosexual male, but I am completely supportive of others lifestyles. I admit, in my younger days I went through a phase of confusion.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
PROFIT

Sorry, I had to do that. x)

Aww, good luck Princess.

Well, my school's party is going to be on late October only!
And no interesting parties at the campus this week, it seems. =/
Keep encouraging me with your stories until there, people! x)

While I technically don't need to do this since you already know, I'm gonna do it anyway :p

So, there's this guy on campus who I knew of from high school (since he was in my brother's grade) that a friend of mine told me I should try talking to about stuff. He happens to like guys and she figured he's a nice enough guy to talk to. I couldn't manage to get the courage to just go up to him and talk. All of a sudden on Thursday, he found me sitting on the 2nd floor of the lounge building (while I happened to be talking to Tooth xD) and we started talking. I added him on Facebook after I got home because I figured it would be good to have another person I knew on campus. Little did I know I was in for a non-stop ride all weekend (that's still going, just it hit the breaks because his phone is dead and he forgot his charger in a friend's dorm - neither of us live on campus). We were talking and went from friends, to really good friends who just wanted to talk about whatever, to him telling me he has feelings for me, to him essentially asking to kiss me, to us thinking about dating, to him wishing we were dating, to me telling him I want to date, to us deciding to let it go where it wants, to him calmly holding me and bringing my face to his to kiss him (which I had said I was nervous about kissing him myself since it wasn't just my first kiss with him, but my first kiss ever), to us now dating.

So yeah, this week has been pretty eventful for me xD

Like I said, the fun doesn't stop yet; we're going on a date tomorrow night (literally like late at night) after my lab gets out at 10 and will be staying with his friend. He's working on Friday, so I might just hang out around his office for a lot of the day or I might come home and sleep. Either way I'm sure it will be great :D

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
And as I said already: I envy you, rovert. But in a good way. x)

Well, you actually deserve that kind of gift. >.>b

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Hi everyone.
So I've been doing some thinking and I'm almost 100 percent sure that I am straight. I support all gay people still. I just think that I might have been going through a phase.

Relax about sexuality, it's a spectrum for most people. Just do you first and whomever you fall in love with, you fall in love with. Man, woman, trans*, gender nonconformist. Whatever.

Darato

(o,..,o)
So the other day I had a facebook convo with someone I went to school within JR. High-High school, and he was really LDS (Mormon) and even served a mission. He was telling me how his brother came out, and has taken a lot of crap from the family because he wants to marry his boyfriend, but the guy I know has decided he'd rather see his brother happy and has been there supporting him instead.

We also talked about how the church has gone from being just a step above from stoning gays, to saying you can join, but you can't live the gay lifestyle, and how many churches used to ban interracial marriages, and black people from being part of them.

So do you think any church will ever have a change of heart and allow same sex couples to get married in the church?

L.F.D.

So do you think any church will ever have a change of heart and allow same sex couples to get married in the church?
I do. I believe it's only a matter of time. :)
I believe most of the time conditions for gays, black people, immigrants, women and so on get better as time goes by.
Since 2009 it's been possible for gay couples to marry in churches in Sweden. But apparently, it's not mandatory for priests to officiate at a wedding.
I'm not very familiar with the US, but apparently same sex marriage is allowed in some states?

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
I'm so stressed out right now...I honestly am. With our homecoming dance coming soon, I'm really wanting a date. Problem is, nobody really has a desire to go. I'm at a point where my friend/ex Nathan is wanting to go with me just so I won't be alone. Problem is, I'm one of those girls that won't go to a dance with someone to go to the dance. I want to go to Homecoming because I want to have fun, and I want to have fun with the person I am going to be with. (yes I grind, but not on strangers or guys and girls I'm not close with) I just wanted to vent because I honestly don't want to go with Nathan, and I just don't know what to do...

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
I know you're only venting but I'll just say you have two options young one:
1. Go with this "Nathan" person and, regardless of him, have fun by yourself (not at all hard as you may think it sounds).
2. Don't go and do something else that's fun.

Ketaru

I do. I believe it's only a matter of time. :)
I believe most of the time conditions for gays, black people, immigrants, women and so on get better as time goes by.
Since 2009 it's been possible for gay couples to marry in churches in Sweden. But apparently, it's not mandatory for priests to officiate at a wedding.
I'm not very familiar with the US, but apparently same sex marriage is allowed in some states?

In some states, judges have ruled that choosing only to recognize heterosexual unions is not consistent with the greater federal laws. But some states are going to be slow to get around to that.

As for things being better for minorities, I don't really believe that. There may not be overt, codified racism against black people, for example. But it's simply a fact that black people are the majority in the lowers socioeconomic class. And so poverty is a risk factor that disproportionately affects them. Like saying, "We're not against blacks. Just people that can't make a living wage." Which, effectively, amounts to the same thing. They started out as the lowest class in America. And while there always exceptions to the rule, generally, poverty only breeds more poverty. People always act like things that happened 200 years ago is ancient history, when the truth is that 200 years amounts to nothing when you compare the United States to other countries that have been established far longer.

That's why I'm hesitant to take this greater awareness of LGBT issues at face value. A lot of progress was made because of the current political climate of the country- it did, after all, put President Obama in office twice in a row. But the truth is, life gets better, but only if you live near a metropolitan area. If you live in more conservative areas, there is still hostility towards to homosexuality and it still isn't always considered a hate crime to victimize us. We still aren't a "post-racial" America, as some would like to think. And that gives me reason to disbelieve we'll be a "post-homophobia" America in my lifetime. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the momentum surrounding LGBT equality swings back in the opposite direction the next time we elect a Republican president. The Defense of Marriage Act, in fact, was put in place during a Democrat's presidency. That wasn't that long ago at all.

Last edited:

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
I have a great hope about the Catholic Church allow it.
It may be by recognizing what the editors of the Queen James Bible say as a next step for Pope Francis' recent "welcoming", or just by getting more different from the protestant fundamentalism.
But I'm also not sure if it will happen during my lifetime...

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Relax about sexuality, it's a spectrum for most people. Just do you first and whomever you fall in love with, you fall in love with. Man, woman, trans*, gender nonconformist. Whatever.
This couldn't have been said much better.

I'm so stressed out right now...I honestly am. With our homecoming dance coming soon, I'm really wanting a date. Problem is, nobody really has a desire to go. I'm at a point where my friend/ex Nathan is wanting to go with me just so I won't be alone. Problem is, I'm one of those girls that won't go to a dance with someone to go to the dance. I want to go to Homecoming because I want to have fun, and I want to have fun with the person I am going to be with. (yes I grind, but not on strangers or guys and girls I'm not close with) I just wanted to vent because I honestly don't want to go with Nathan, and I just don't know what to do...
Hex knows what's up. If you do decide not to go, you could always plan a movie night with friends or even a sleepover? :)

In some states, judges have ruled that choosing only to recognize heterosexual unions is not consistent with the greater federal laws. But some states are going to be slow to get around to that.

As for things being better for minorities, I don't really believe that. There may not be overt, codified racism against black people, for example. But it's simply a fact that black people are the majority in the lowers socioeconomic class. And so poverty is a risk factor that disproportionately affects them. Like saying, "We're not against blacks. Just people that can't make a living wage." Which, effectively, amounts to the same thing. They started out as the lowest class in America. And while there always exceptions to the rule, generally, poverty only breeds more poverty. People always act like things that happened 200 years ago is ancient history, when the truth is that 200 years amounts to nothing when you compare the United States to other countries that have been established far longer.

That's why I'm hesitant to take this greater awareness of LGBT issues at face value. A lot of progress was made because of the current political climate of the country- it did, after all, put President Obama in office twice in a row. But the truth is, life gets better, but only if you live near a metropolitan area. If you live in more conservative areas, there is still hostility towards to homosexuality and it still isn't always considered a hate crime to victimize us. We still aren't a "post-racial" America, as some would like to think. And that gives me reason to disbelieve we'll be a "post-homophobia" America in my lifetime. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the momentum surrounding LGBT equality swings back in the opposite direction the next time we elect a Republican president. The Defense of Marriage Act, in fact, was put in place during a Democrat's presidency. That wasn't that long ago at all.

I wish I had something worthwhile to contribute to this. Reality is harsh, and it's sad things are this way for something so mundane. The ignorance of people never ceases to amaze me.

@rovert: This was the cutest thing I've read in a long time. I'm very happy for you and hope your date goes well. :)

Last edited:

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
So instead of going with an individual person, I'll actually be going to the dance with a group of friends. We'll be...(dramatic music) The Octagon! So yep...it's me and my freshmen friends, not a big deal. Also, my One Act audition was today and I think I did great :)

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
That's great to hear! Way to keep positive. Have fun at the dance, and congrats on your audition. :)

Ketaru

So I've got a long story to tell.

Right now, I'm going to school for a Master's in Social Work. I still don't know what I want to do with it. I know I want to do clinical counseling. But my focus is unclear. My father died of colon cancer about 6 years ago. And now my brother has cancer. My aunt and my grandfather are (or were, in my grandfather's case before he died of old age) cancer survivors. So I'm strongly considering medical social work.

On the other hand, I've been unemployed for 7 months and only recently found part-time work for when I go back to school. My unemployment just ran out, though I'm relieved to still live with my mother while I finish grad school and work part-time. So I'm frequently astounded by the insensitivity towards the lower class. Despite my setbacks, I'm still relatively lucky. Still, I frequently hear people having opinions about how poor people are only poor because they'd rather collect welfare than work menial jobs. Most of those menial jobs have no benefits, pay minimum wage, and could not possibly support a family. Regardless what I end up doing with social work, I'm probably going to have to work with homeless or lower income peoples.

Then of course, on the other hand, I have a stake in LGBT issues and considered working with homeless youth or even HIV counseling, just to do work for the community.

But I never even considered global social work and advocacy.

Right now, I'm on an online dating site and somebody contacted me and wished to meet. I was under the impression it was a date. Or even a hook-up, though I held to the possibility he really was looking for a date. When I get to outside his apartment, he texts me and says I have to pick him up from around the building. Turns out, he's from mainland China, living with friends who also came for grad school. He doesn't want to be seen going into a guy's car. My immediate thought is, "That's kind of pathetic." And then he later tells me he just wanted to talk, it wasn't a date to him and he wasn't looking for a relationship. Now I'm starting to get angry. But I drove an hour just to meet him so I figured I'd see it through. We spent the afternoon just getting lunch and talking about school and life.

He was sharing with me about how his friends are very conservative and that he had never come out to any of them. He also said that he was only coming to the states for two years just for grad school. After he was done, he was going to go back home to China, where he knows he's pretty much going to have to find a wife and have children with her. And that was why he wasn't looking for a relationship with anyone- because he didn't want to have to lose it when he goes home in two years.

Funny thing is, I was no longer there looking for a potential date. Now I felt more like I was doing counseling. I tried asking what his feelings about that are. And tried to point him to some resources at the school, even if he just went to talk to someone and share his experience. But he says he is too afraid to be seen by his friends.

So now I'm even more confused by what I want to do with my career. I never considered international social work. But now it's like, everywhere I look, I see need.

Pyroli

Banned

Right now, I'm going to school for a Master's in Social Work. I still don't know what I want to do with it. I know I want to do clinical counseling. But my focus is unclear. My father died of colon cancer about 6 years ago. And now my brother has cancer. My aunt and my grandfather are (or were, in my grandfather's case before he died of old age) cancer survivors. So I'm strongly considering medical social work.

On the other hand, I've been unemployed for 7 months and only recently found part-time work for when I go back to school. My unemployment just ran out, though I'm relieved to still live with my mother while I finish grad school and work part-time. So I'm frequently astounded by the insensitivity towards the lower class. Despite my setbacks, I'm still relatively lucky. Still, I frequently hear people having opinions about how poor people are only poor because they'd rather collect welfare than work menial jobs. Most of those menial jobs have no benefits, pay minimum wage, and could not possibly support a family. Regardless what I end up doing with social work, I'm probably going to have to work with homeless or lower income peoples.

Then of course, on the other hand, I have a stake in LGBT issues and considered working with homeless youth or even HIV counseling, just to do work for the community.

Right now, I'm on an online dating site and somebody contacted me and wished to meet. I was under the impression it was a date. Or even a hook-up, though I held to the possibility he really was looking for a date. When I get to outside his apartment, he texts me and says I have to pick him up from around the building. Turns out, he's from mainland China, living with friends who also came for grad school. He doesn't want to be seen going into a guy's car. My immediate thought is, "That's kind of pathetic." And then he later tells me he just wanted to talk, it wasn't a date to him and he wasn't looking for a relationship. Now I'm starting to get angry. But I drove an hour just to meet him so I figured I'd see it through. We spent the afternoon just getting lunch and talking about school and life.

He was sharing with me about how his friends are very conservative and that he had never come out to any of them. He also said that he was only coming to the states for two years just for grad school. After he was done, he was going to go back home to China, where he knows he's pretty much going to have to find a wife and have children with her. And that was why he wasn't looking for a relationship with anyone- because he didn't want to have to lose it when he goes home in two years.

Funny thing is, I was no longer there looking for a potential date. Now I felt more like I was doing counseling. I tried asking what his feelings about that are. And tried to point him to some resources at the school, even if he just went to talk to someone and share his experience. But he says he is too afraid to be seen by his friends.

So now I'm even more confused by what I want to do with my career. I never considered international social work. But now it's like, everywhere I look, I see need.

Social work is an excellent career, it's very good to help people. It's an absolutely wonderful feeling and I really hope you can decide what to do!

But anyways, hi friends, it's been awhile since I actually posted here so let me think of what's new in my life. My ex and I got back together, and broke up after not even dating for a month, turns out he didn't even really want a relationship and just said yes to be like whatever, which was really frustrating for me because I poured my heart and soul into him and it just honestly wasn't that good of a breakup. A lot of it resulted in me crying on my best friend's shoulder while he, like the lovely guy he is went and bought me a coffee.

After that, I expressed a lot of moral panic considering what I had been doing and because of that I am very indifferent to the idea of sexual relations and prefer a strictly romantic based relationship; causing me to come out as an asexual to my family and friends. I had to explain to my mother that I was still exclusively interested in the opposite gender (heteroromantic) but I was repulsed, for lack of a better word, of sex.

My best friend came out as gay about two months ago, I had already known for quite some time as me and him pretty much tell each other everything, which is probably why a lot of people at our school who aren't in the know assume him and I are dating. (A boy and girl who hang out??? MUST BE DATING!) It's our grad year this year and him and I plan on going to prom together, as it would be nice to just be each other's dates and be able to go with our very best friends.

That's about it from me I suppose, kinda sworn off high school relationships due to how my ex (mentioned above, treated me) so my best friend and I are kind of in the best dang platonic relationship ever.

Ketaru

Social work is an excellent career, it's very good to help people. It's an absolutely wonderful feeling and I really hope you can decide what to do!

This week, the school wants to talk to us about the events at Ferguson, MO. Brushing up on the timeline of events. It's a complicated case and I'm at a loss of just what sort of policy change could address an issue like that. But's definitely more than just "White cop shoots unarmed black kid."

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!

Now that I have something better I should be doing (but am putting off), my boyfriend is going to school for social work (he's planning on doing clinical social work)

We've made some pretty big steps in our relationship and went on our first like actual date earlier (which seems to have gone well saying as neither of us have been on like an actual date before), so stuff still seems to be going really well for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.