• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imaginary Friend

The Galaxist
Thank you Imaginary Friend and RayRay for hearing me out. I don't have anyone else to talk to for advice on this.

Imaginary Friend: But my family is like super Christian. We go to mass at least once a week, sometimes even twice. We volunteer to bring the gifts up, we lecture, and a lot of other things. I'm a full member of the Church because I was recently confirmed, and I do agree with a lot of the beliefs. If I ever became bisexual, I would be scared to come out and tell people. My family wouldn't help me, nor would my friends. I would lose my popularity at school, everyone's respect, and probably people would hurt me just because of it. I don't want to be gay or bisexual at all. I don't like all guys, I'm just curious about this one.

Hmm. What you just said is exactly why I won't come out till I'm in a more tolerable town, minus the Christian family. No one wants to be gay or bisexual.

Like I said before, wait a while, and see if you develop any more feelings for this guy, it sounds like a crush to me, but, it might be something more.

Oh, and are you more physically or emotionally attracted to him? Because, talking from experience, a more physical attraction usually is just a crush.

Hopefully this will all work out for you, nothing is worse than feeling confused.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
RayRay: Well he woke me up. And said "Good morning, gorgeous". I jumped out of the bed and started freaking out, apologizing, making him swear not to tell anyone. He just laughed and told me that I'm really cute. I just stood there stunned. He then came over and hugged me and looked like he was about to kiss me. I pushed him away, made sure he wouldn't tell anyone, grabbed my stuff, and walked back to my beach house down the beach. He just smiled the whole time. It was about 5AM. And thank you; I need someone to listen.

Wow. I did not expect that reply at all! Well, if you don't want things to develop into a relationship, i think you should make it clear to him that you would like to be friends, and nothing more. Be clear but nice about it - you don't want to lose his friendship over it! To be honest, it sounds as though he is gay or bisexual - or just a great practical joker! But i highly doubt it, from what you've written...

I'd think over how you're feeling...you sound very confused to me...From your original post listing all the great things about him, to how scared you are about the reactions of your friends and family. But of course no one can blame you for feeling the way you do! All this has suddenly happened anyone would freak out. Just don't do anything rash, like blurt out everything to someone or tell your friend you don't want to be friends any more.

I'm on here a lot, so if you wanna chat anytime, send me a PM or something. Loads of people are here in this thread too, so don't feel like you don't have anyone to turn to :)

degausser

In the Cookie Jar
But crushes always have the potential to move onto something more ;)

Like Im in a bit of a pickle. Do I tell someone 'Hey Im gay and I think I like you?' not knowing whether he feels the same way? Or do I wait (some more) and slowly slowly bring the topic up?

RayRay

asillywonderfulman

Like Im in a bit of a pickle. Do I tell someone 'Hey Im gay and I think I like you?' not knowing whether he feels the same way? Or do I wait (some more) and slowly slowly bring the topic up?

I would bring the topic up slowly, and kinda subtly at first...if you blurt it out they might be so taken aback that they won't listen to what you have to say...it also depends on how well you know the person...Oh so many things to consider!! haha sigh!

Golden

I just got off the phone with him and we're working it out. We both know that we're not gay or bisexual, since we don't think all guys are hot. He told me that he was just curious about me. I told him that what happened that night was nothing and that we both need to move on and tell no one. He agreed on one condition: he wants us to be friends. I told him yes and he said he'd see me around.

So, I think I worked things out. I'm still straight, and now I can go back to being a total wh*** lol.

Last edited:

Imaginary Friend

The Galaxist
I just got off the phone with him and we're working it out. We both know that we're not gay or bisexual, since we don't think all guys are hot. He told me that he was just curious about me. I told him that what happened that night was nothing and that we both need to move on and tell no one. He agreed on one condition: he wants us to be friends. I told him yes and he said he'd see me around.

So, I think I worked things out. I'm still straight, and now I can go back to being a total wh*** lol.

Being gay doesn't mean you have to think ALL guys are hot, just like being straight doesn't mean you think all the girls are hot.

Nonetheless, it's good to hear that you got it sorted and can still be friends. =]

Can I join? I'm a lesbian...
Yeah...

Sure you can, welcome aboard. I'm not much for a welcome committee though. =]

degausser

In the Cookie Jar
I would bring the topic up slowly, and kinda subtly at first...if you blurt it out they might be so taken aback that they won't listen to what you have to say...it also depends on how well you know the person...Oh so many things to consider!! haha sigh!

You'd think I have so much practise with these kinda things but every situation is different. And it's annoying me too. Hopefully we'll see each other in the next few weeks so I'll know how to play it. Raaaaaaaaage.

Welcome to MirrorB! :)

RayRay

asillywonderfulman

Good to hear dude :) And welcome, Miror B. ! Haha, good luck degausser! Hope it works out :)

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder

Good to hear you were able to talk it through with him :).

Hope things work out for you, life can be very confusing

Briankelly130

I have a question based on dreams, It may sounds stupid but maybe it's not, anyway, I have two guys who i really like beyond simple crushes, one is someone from my old school who i can never talk to due to certain reasons, the other lives in Virginia (I live in ireland) so both are practically out of my reach now both of them are completely different (at least in my eyes) with the one near me being effeminate and the one in America being sex-crazy. As for the dreams, i've had numerous dreams on the first guy but it was just me looking at him from a distance but i had one dream about the guy from America and it was physical (not in the sex way it was sort of cuddling) now i know the guy from America better since we've been talking for over a year via myspace but i was wondering if anyone would know why i have seveal dreams about one guy but it's always at a distance and just one dream about another and it's close to dream-sex

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
I reckon the dream about the guy who lives in America is based around physicalness, because he lives so far away and you want to be closer to him - perhaps both physically and emotionally. And the femmy dude...well...perhaps that could be because you never talk to him, he is emotionally distant from you...and it comes out as a physical 'metaphor' in your dream...

Does that make sense/help at all? It sounded a lot better in my head ^^;

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

I've been through this. For the love of EVERYTHING, wait. be his friend, make him feel comfortable around you, but don't push him. When you feel that he is getting comfortable with you, you can start dropping hints about you being gay.

I'm still not sure what to do about my crush. I guess I'm just too afraid of what might happen. I would talk to him, but I like him so much, I know that would make him upset (according to him) and I really can't bear to make him unhappy.

Oh well. I guess I'll go see if anyone else has posted in the debate forum. :/

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Welcome new members!
Wow, Im out for 1 or 2 days and I miss so much!
Sorry I wasn't here to help you Golden.
And degausser, I agree with Fused. Dont blurt it out, just barely hint at it. What I did was first see if they're okay with gay people. For me, I often used the news like passing gay marriage.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Golden- It's good mthat you got things sorted out, wish everything ended that way as friends
Miror- Yep sure, had a feeling you would join soon (I thought you were a guy btwO.O Oh and I asked one of the members here and they suggested Sweet's May shop for banners
Fused- Is he straight? (Sorry I don't think I read your last post so I am not sure), well do you think he would be okay if you had a crush on him?

@Golden: I find it super ironic how you are thinking of your religion in terms of being Gay or Bi, yet you do not think of your religion in regards to being a manwh*re, which last time I checked fornication is still against religion.
Sorry if this makes me sound anal but, it's the truth :p.

Anyway in regards to your problem..I guess it's good you resolved it. You really should not ignore/avoid the problem embrace it. It is obvious a part you and a part of him like each other.

I was raised a catholic. I was baptized, first communion, confirmed, the whole shebang. My parents and family are against anything homo and taught me homosexuality was wrong. My family really didn't care if a person wasgay as long as they or anyone they knew associated themselves with homosexuals.

As I grew, I learned about the sheer hipocrisy of these practices and just found my own beliefs. I found out I was Bi after being curious about one guy. We then talked and I found out I really enjoyed his company. I guess I wanted physical at first but emotional just blossomed out of it.

Now my parents don't know I'm Bi but I always ask myself: Why do they need to know? Seriously, regardless of them knwing I'm still going to be the way I am. So why create potential problems between us now? Besides, regardless of their thoughts, I will kiss, f*ck, and date anyone I want.

I actually plan to tell them when I'm like in my 20s during college.

@Briankelley: Sounds like you have a strnger bond with the faraway guy and yu hope to raise the level of the relationship. Although since its long distance, maybe you are imagining how perfect life will be if you get to see him.

My Situation
So today, I went to [Jeremy]'s apartment and I felt really anxious and uncomfortable, beginning when I first saw him coming towards me to go to his apartment. Part of it was that he was with his brother who is 13. I felt really uncomfortable with other people knowing I was Bi. [Jeremy] was saying "Its fine. They understand, and don't care." So afterwards we went to his apartment and there was 2 of [Jeremy]'s female friends. I felt awkward because they ALSO knew about me. I knew they didn't care if I was bi, but still I had never told anyne besides [Jeremy] about this and I just felt uncomfortable. The point of the escapade was to meet [Jeremy]'s mom, whom was really nice. Then [Jeremy] and I went to his room. We went in and he closed the door behind him. We started talking about us and how I was nervous about this whole experience of coming over and meeting his family and his friends, which go to my school. So then he hugged me again, and I pushed him away. I just didn't feel right touching [Jeremy]. We started to kiss and then I kissed him and backed away, really nervous. I don't know why I was nervus. I guess because his friends were in the living room and us in the bedroom. I kept playing with my phone. He then took my phone and went on top of me, on top of his bed. Laying down, I kept saying "Get off", but I didn't want him to get off, but at the same time I did. He said I was cute and how we should take it further. So then his [hot] friend[she's a girl] came in and we went back to the living room because supposedly [Jeremy]'s Ex-boyfriend was going to come, and all this other drama. I was still feeling tense, I couldn't relax. [Jeremy]'s friends were on myspace and i told them to add me and stuff, and we were just talking. I was still feeling tense, even thugh everyone-[Jeremy]'s mom,brother, friends- were cool with me being Bi. So then I left and [Jeremy] told me he was falling to me to which I replied, "Yea I have t admit it too". He walked me to the street I was going to and then at the end asked me if I was going to kiss him goodbye or at least hug him goodbye. I said "I'm sorry,no..., but I'll hug you." I hugged him and left.

I guess the reason I was nervous was because all my life I constantly hear "gay/bi/lesbian is wrong!" and for people to accept me and me finally being myself was amazing. Also, I guess I was nervous because I had never done ANYTHING with a guy, and it just felt weird to be doing it. At this point, I'm confused at what I want. :(

@Everyone dealing with homophobic parents:

Watch the movie " Prayers for Bobby" [It has been uploaded on Youtube]. It talks about a gay boy coming out and ultimately being bashed and unaccepted by his religious parents. They think it is wrong and they try and try to "cure" him...but..? What else happens? Watch it! haha It is REALLY good and I could relate to him, if I ever were to come out as being bi.

It will make you feel better if you've been put down, struggling to tell people about your orientation, and fear of your parent's thoughts if you were to "come out".

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
shining-Celebi I don't know if you realize how lucky you are. Most of the currently active members here don't have anyone to love right now. If his family and friends accept you, you should be estatic. At least I would be. Don't let "gay/bi is wrong!" affect your life. It doesn't change anything and it shouldn't. If you really like this [Jeremy], then be with him. Don't let anything affect how you feel or act around him.

Imaginary Friend

The Galaxist
My Situation
So today, I went to [Jeremy]'s apartment and I felt really anxious and uncomfortable, beginning when I first saw him coming towards me to go to his apartment. Part of it was that he was with his brother who is 13. I felt really uncomfortable with other people knowing I was Bi. [Jeremy] was saying "Its fine. They understand, and don't care." So afterwards we went to his apartment and there was 2 of [Jeremy]'s female friends. I felt awkward because they ALSO knew about me. I knew they didn't care if I was bi, but still I had never told anyne besides [Jeremy] about this and I just felt uncomfortable. The point of the escapade was to meet [Jeremy]'s mom, whom was really nice. Then [Jeremy] and I went to his room. We went in and he closed the door behind him. We started talking about us and how I was nervous about this whole experience of coming over and meeting his family and his friends, which go to my school. So then he hugged me again, and I pushed him away. I just didn't feel right touching [Jeremy]. We started to kiss and then I kissed him and backed away, really nervous. I don't know why I was nervus. I guess because his friends were in the living room and us in the bedroom. I kept playing with my phone. He then took my phone and went on top of me, on top of his bed. Laying down, I kept saying "Get off", but I didn't want him to get off, but at the same time I did. He said I was cute and how we should take it further. So then his [hot] friend[she's a girl] came in and we went back to the living room because supposedly [Jeremy]'s Ex-boyfriend was going to come, and all this other drama. I was still feeling tense, I couldn't relax. [Jeremy]'s friends were on myspace and i told them to add me and stuff, and we were just talking. I was still feeling tense, even thugh everyone-[Jeremy]'s mom,brother, friends- were cool with me being Bi. So then I left and [Jeremy] told me he was falling to me to which I replied, "Yea I have t admit it too". He walked me to the street I was going to and then at the end asked me if I was going to kiss him goodbye or at least hug him goodbye. I said "I'm sorry,no..., but I'll hug you." I hugged him and left.

I guess the reason I was nervous was because all my life I constantly hear "gay/bi/lesbian is wrong!" and for people to accept me and me finally being myself was amazing. Also, I guess I was nervous because I had never done ANYTHING with a guy, and it just felt weird to be doing it. At this point, I'm confused at what I want. :(

shining-Celebi I don't know if you realize how lucky you are. Most of the currently active members here don't have anyone to love right now. If his family and friends accept you, you should be estatic. At least I would be. Don't let "gay/bi is wrong!" affect your life. It doesn't change anything and it shouldn't. If you really like this [Jeremy], then be with him. Don't let anything affect how you feel or act around him.

Definitely, a lot of people would kill to be in your shoes. Don't let an opportunity like this pass because of the social stigma.

@Everyone dealing with homophobic parents:

Watch the movie " Prayers for Bobby" [It has been uploaded on Youtube]. It talks about a gay boy coming out and ultimately being bashed and unaccepted by his religious parents. They think it is wrong and they try and try to "cure" him...but..? What else happens? Watch it! haha It is REALLY good and I could relate to him, if I ever were to come out as being bi.

It will make you feel better if you've been put down, struggling to tell people about your orientation, and fear of your parent's thoughts if you were to "come out".

One of my friends told me about this, she said it was really good. I'd watch this just to see a movie with a gay topic. The only movie I've seen like that is "Ma vie en rose".

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Okay, a quick recap:

I like this boy who says he's straight. However, I sense a gay vibe from him, which in retrospect influenced my crush on him. I told him I had a crush on him (through a text message :/) and he flipped out and was all like "Don't talk to me." The weekend before my mom broke her wrist and ha sbeen home sense.

NOW...

Monday will be my first day this summer by myself without any distractions, so this is what I'm going to text my crush on Monday, sometime in the afternoon: "Hey. I just wanted to apologize if I upset you. I didn't mean to make you unhappy. Do you think we could forget this ever happened?"

I'm willing to pretend like I never told him I liked him because now the only thing worse than not having him know I like him is him not acknowledging me. Plus, if he accepts my offer, he'll now at least know that I like him, just in case ;).

But, I wanted to ask you guys before I made any kind of move. So... help me!

Imaginary Friend

The Galaxist
Okay, a quick recap:

I like this boy who says he's straight. However, I sense a gay vibe from him, which in retrospect influenced my crush on him. I told him I had a crush on him (through a text message :/) and he flipped out and was all like "Don't talk to me." The weekend before my mom broke her wrist and ha sbeen home sense.

NOW...

Monday will be my first day this summer by myself without any distractions, so this is what I'm going to text my crush on Monday, sometime in the afternoon: "Hey. I just wanted to apologize if I upset you. I didn't mean to make you unhappy. Do you think we could forget this ever happened?"

I'm willing to pretend like I never told him I liked him because now the only thing worse than not having him know I like him is him not acknowledging me. Plus, if he accepts my offer, he'll now at least know that I like him, just in case ;).

But, I wanted to ask you guys before I made any kind of move. So... help me!

Relationship advice is not my forte, but I'll give it a shot.

I'd send the text message, it sounds like he may have just had a bad episode that day when you told him. But, you should prepare yourself for any reaction he might give if you send the text message.

If you wanted lacklustre advice, you sure got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.