• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillhaus

One of the guys I met actually weeped. I mean I nearly did too, but it was more like "Omg... she exists in all her amazingness"

Yeeaah. I'm going to have to suppress it or else risk missing some of the show. It's such a hard thing to imagine, though, when I never even expected she would come here.

No doubt there will be crying at some point, though.

EpicSeraph said:
and erm, i told him that i lost my virginity three years ago and have secretly been dating and having one night stands since then. he looked at me and was like 'what the hell!?' but its all true. and no i am not a wh@re. haha. i told him that i was after a relationship and going at it was meant to seal the deal ya know? i didn't go all out most of the times for the first date but i blame myself. the guys i met up with were just sex crazed maniacs. so what should i have expected anyway?

so anyway i want something more stable than that. im bored of sex now anyway (yes, that's possible. just look at your parents >.>). and i also told him that none of the girls at school caught my eye so thats why i never went after them which is also true. i just didn't tell him that i was sleeping with guys! which was what i was meant to do.

[quotesomeone else we knew ran into us before i could get to that and i didn't want the gossip mouths to find out. not just yet. were scheduling for another chat tomorrow and i'll try to tell him then. we wont be alone, there's going to be a third wheel but the guy did that whole peer sexuality support program thing at our school so its probably a good thing. i mean were all uni students now but he'll still be supportive, its in his nature.

Hey, it's progress! Good luck tomorrow :)

gizmog0d

Ordinary guy
Well for meeting up with your friend, it's good that you were honest about all that, and I know it is frustrating just being there and wanting to let it all out, but you have to just slowly let it out because you're scared of it coming up like word vomit. I think you're going to do great, hope to find out tomorrow!!! :D

@Imaginary: Pull it off, do the mushy-ness, it always works.

@Hillhaus: It's okay, when the music starts, you'll just dance :)

this thread is an awesome idea!! i wish i had soething like this for support when i was coming out! i can guarantee it would have made it a hell of alot easier! well done!

DidYouKnow

anyone here seen bruno f*** its soooo funny

but one bit actually disgusted me, and it wasnt bruno or anything it was the bit when he went to turn straight.
thats so wrong that people belive u can "sure" gayness?

DidYouKnow

anyone here seen bruno f*** its soooo funny

but one bit actually disgusted me, and it wasnt bruno or anything it was the bit when he went to turn straight.
thats so wrong that people belive u can "cure" gayness?

S-Unit

No.1 Jun Fanboi
Well in interesting news, my friend at school is going to interview me as part of a research paper for a Gender Studies class about my experience when I came out of the closet. She's also interviewing a transgender friend of mine as well as another woman to get the experiences of a gay man, a lesbian and a transgendered coming out of the closet in our community. She also wants to go with me to see all of the Pride events happening this weekend here. Should be a fun time.

While we are on the subject, here is a new topic for everyone:

What positive and negative experience have you had realizing your sexuality and or coming out?

Zora

perpetually tired
Oh, today has been a stressful day.

Yesterday for my chemistry class we learned about the mole (I know what it is, 6.022x10^23), however, everything went south once we applied. That is, finding out how many molecules of said element or in compound of X amount of weight, and so on and so forth. The next day (today), we were expected to apply that even further, since I didn't quite understand the initial concept I was completely lost. Knowing that I basically didn't understand yesterday's work nor today's work (the teacher is too busy to give assistance, being as he is a college professor), I had to drop the class. I am really upset with myself not being able to understand the concept, especially since others (not in the class, but online) seem to understand the concept perfectly. *sigh*

Imaginary Friend

The Galaxist
Well in interesting news, my friend at school is going to interview me as part of a research paper for a Gender Studies class about my experience when I came out of the closet. She's also interviewing a transgender friend of mine as well as another woman to get the experiences of a gay man, a lesbian and a transgendered coming out of the closet in our community. She also wants to go with me to see all of the Pride events happening this weekend here. Should be a fun time.

That sounds like a really good opportunity. Definitely make the most of it. =]

What positive and negative experience have you had realizing your sexuality and or coming out?

I cannot really comment on the positives and negatives I've had when it comes to coming out, since I haven't. But as for the realisation, tt hit me like a tonne of bricks, it's like realising you know your life is going to be harder, and more troublesome. I can safely say that the realisation was more negative than positive. I had experienced a lot of inner conflict regarding my sexuality.

When you've been brought up like I was, gay people were joked about, not necessarily hated, but they weren't preferred amongst my family, and of course I thought it was normal to joke about them and such, and then when you realise that you are ONE of them, I had a pretty prolonged period of denial, I didn't want to be gay, at all, I hated it to be blunt. When I finally came to terms with the fact I wasn't straight, I came out to some of my close friends at my old school as bisexual, I knew I wasn't straight, but I didn't know if I was fully gay (well, I did, but I tried to kid myself).

And then the day when I told myself I was gay, I think a part of me died, haha, knowing that life is going to be a lot harder, most of the public against you, it still freaks me out, as I'm a very insecure person. Some people can learn to accept their homosexuality really quickly, I wish I could, but, oh well. Oh jesus, look at all that negativity.

What was positive about it? Well, it was a positive experience when I didn't have to lie to myself. But that's it, nothing else good can come out of it, in my opinion.

Goodness, I sure can babble on.

Oh, today has been a stressful day.

Yesterday for my chemistry class we learned about the mole (I know what it is, 6.022x10^23), however, everything went south once we applied. That is, finding out how many molecules of said element or in compound of X amount of weight, and so on and so forth. The next day (today), we were expected to apply that even further, since I didn't quite understand the initial concept I was completely lost. Knowing that I basically didn't understand yesterday's work nor today's work (the teacher is too busy to give assistance, being as he is a college professor), I had to drop the class. I am really upset with myself not being able to understand the concept, especially since others (not in the class, but online) seem to understand the concept perfectly. *sigh*

I had to learn about the mole this year, it was pretty damn difficult, for the most of the class actually. Eventually we got the hang of it, though I've already forgotten most of it (thank god I'm dropping it next year).

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
You took two steps to the kitchen, just stared at the sink. I couldn't hold back a smile, I still I wish I coulda seen you having sex in the morning. Your love was foreign to me. It made me think maybe human's not such a bad thing to be. But I just lay there in protest, entirely ****ed. It's such a stubborn reminder one perfect night's not enough.

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I think the responsibility falls on people TO come out, because if we're scared, then they win. And that can't happen. We need to show people that they're idiots, and the only way to do that is to not let them walk on us.

Besides, it's completely arbitrary. Might as well beat someone up because of their hair color--makes about as much sense.

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
I think the responsibility falls on people TO come out, because if we're scared, then they win. And that can't happen. We need to show people that they're idiots, and the only way to do that is to not let them walk on us.

Besides, it's completely arbitrary. Might as well beat someone up because of their hair color--makes about as much sense.

That is completely true, but I never really though about it that way. If everyone just keeps hiding it, then they win, they get what they want. Also, has anyone ever seen the Laramie Project? It was about Matthew Shepard, if you've heard of him. We watched in school this year. Anyway it's kind of related to the whole scared thing.

Pseudo Lovely

Dream your heart out

Unfortunately people are scared because of the fact that people tend to act badly at times when someone comes out, so their fear is a reasonable fear. It makes stupid people win. And sometimes that fear is overwhelming to people and what people say/do to them. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is =/ I hope people can get over that fear, hold their heads high, and not let what people say to them and such get to them.

gizmog0d

Ordinary guy
I have had a long time pondering my sexuality. I knew I was a different a long long time ago. Being raised in Texas and with a traditional southern family... It's hard, especially with it being pounded into my head that I'm wrong for liking boys, I'm wrong for wanting something different, and that God hates me because of something I didn't choose. I hated myself for a really long time, and then I graduated high school and got out of my first serious relationship with my ex-girlfriend, and I realized something. I didn't want that cookie cutter life, not everything is so simple as my family wanted it to be. So what did I do? I came out to my friends, I told them how I felt and surprisingly most of them accepted me, and those who didn't.. well needless to say we aren't friends anymore. :p

Positive, negative... it's been nearly a year since I decided to start being honest and open and me. It's refreshing and makes me feel amazing about myself. Yes there are times when I still want to hate myself for it, but I still can't hide who I am anymore. I don't regret anything though, I have one life to live and might as well live it to the fullest. To sum things up, life isn't cut and dry and black and white, it is a flurry of emotions and experiences, and we are just here for the ride. I'm loving it thus far. :)

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
Unfortunately people are scared because of the fact that people tend to act badly at times when someone comes out, so their fear is a reasonable fear. It makes stupid people win. And sometimes that fear is overwhelming to people and what people say/do to them. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is =/ I hope people can get over that fear, hold their heads high, and not let what people say to them and such get to them.

Yeah, that's why I was talking about the Laramie Project. They interviewed multiple people in Laramie, Wyoming after Matthew Shepard was beaten to death for being gay. Many bisexual/gay people felt scared to go out in public, or let their kids go out in public, and weren't as open about their sexuality as they used to be. I think we learned a lot from Matthew Shepard, and hopefully something like this won't happen again.

I have had a long time pondering my sexuality. I knew I was a different a long long time ago. Being raised in Texas and with a traditional southern family... It's hard, especially with it being pounded into my head that I'm wrong for liking boys, I'm wrong for wanting something different, and that God hates me because of something I didn't choose. I hated myself for a really long time, and then I graduated high school and got out of my first serious relationship with my ex-girlfriend, and I realized something. I didn't want that cookie cutter life, not everything is so simple as my family wanted it to be. So what did I do? I came out to my friends, I told them how I felt and surprisingly most of them accepted me, and those who didn't.. well needless to say we aren't friends anymore. :p

Positive, negative... it's been nearly a year since I decided to start being honest and open and me. It's refreshing and makes me feel amazing about myself. Yes there are times when I still want to hate myself for it, but I still can't hide who I am anymore. I don't regret anything though, I have one life to live and might as well live it to the fullest. To sum things up, life isn't cut and dry and black and white, it is a flurry of emotions and experiences, and we are just here for the ride. I'm loving it thus far. :)

Yeah I get the feeling. My dad (and his whole side of the family) is a Catholic Republican. It's just so much fun talking with them when they bring up something about how homosexuality is wrong and blah, blah, blah. I wish I could be brave enough to be so open about being bi; I've only told one person. But I guess I will eventually. I kind of want to go out with a guy secretly and then come out to my parents and his parents together, as it would be a lot easier then, but then I'd have to go through being in a secret relationship. :l

gizmog0d

Ordinary guy
I don't think you should come out until you are ready. It takes a lot to come out, and I can't even imagine coming out to my family just yet. That is going to be a super fun conversation.

"Mom, dad.. I'm not entirely straight."

"You're going to hell. Get out of the house, and don't ever come back. kthxbye"

That's how that would go. :p

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
I don't think you should come out until you are ready. It takes a lot to come out, and I can't even imagine coming out to my family just yet. That is going to be a super fun conversation.

"Mom, dad.. I'm not entirely straight."

"You're going to hell. Get out of the house, and don't ever come back. kthxbye"

That's how that would go. :p

Yeah. That sucks for you. I at least have my mom who is fine with homosexuality, and she wouldn't let my dad throw me out of the house hopefully. And someone else helped me out before by telling me that I could always tell my dad that he "liked me when I was bisexual, he just didn't know it" because he does like me at the moment. And yeah, I know I'm not coming out for a while. I'm definitely not ready lol. Worse possible outcome for you though: you get kicked out of the house and you crash at a buddies house until your parents realize they are completely insane. They can't kick their own kid out and stay completely sane about it. I think that eventually, their parent sense would get the better of them lol. ^^

gizmog0d

Ordinary guy
It's all good, I am about ready to move out anyway. So when I do tell them, just do it the day I move out! Two birds one stone!!! Woo!

Pseudo Lovely

Dream your heart out
I totally understand that whole religion thing, only with Christianity Republicans. It sucks. x.x

It's all good, I am about ready to move out anyway. So when I do tell them, just do it the day I move out! Two birds one stone!!! Woo!

That's a way to do it. If they don't like it, you're gone anyway, living your own life. =]

gizmog0d

Ordinary guy
Well he blogs about what he loves, and he loves to gossip, and I'm sure he is just continually talking to people about other things. He is connected, he is friends with Lady GooGoo (I know :p) and Katy "I kissed a girl" Perry, so he must enjoy what he does.... It wouldn't be a bad gig until you started getting beat up by the Black Eyed Pea's manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.