• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone...I'd like to join the club as well.

Some info about me...I'm a 16 year old Bi Guy...though I'd say it's about 60-40 with guys being the majority of the people I'm attracted to. Don't say I'm lying, I still get major crushes on females occasionally >_<

Anyways, I came about a little over a year ago to a lesbian friend of mine in real life, and that kind of set the whole thing in motion. Since then, I've stressed myself out majorly, and in the Summer I had a suicide attempt(not cool). :x
After that, I came out to my parents, and my close friends. I may be coming out to the whole school soon, though...mehbe. I still get mopey occasionally but I'm doing much better than I was a year or so today, when major depression ruined my GPA. D;

Now, to start discussion...My school has a GSA, and the same friend I came out to goes to it and wants me to go. I, for some stupid reason, think I'll be hated if I go. ;P I'm generally shy and not good at making new friends, hence my apprehension, but I think I'd be good if I can start getting myself to go, for reasons such as I am desperate. xD

Anyways, enough with the essay. Nice talking to you all

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
In the case of Smithers, its only really been implied, heavily implied. Malibu Stacey collection may be percieved as an obvious explanation, his lust for Burns' approval and there's even an episode where he's in the gay part of springfield when homer rooms with two gays.

Cartoons are different though, things like South Park and Family Guy can be offensive and recieve no backlash. I like to think Matt Groening has too much respect for the genre to be over-the-top offensive. Even family shows have characters that have questionable sexualities...can't think of an example, sure someone can.

EDIT: Welcome, I was typing while you were. Attend when you feel comfortable and it will be a good way to make friends. Close groups force you to talk to people and make friends which is something we all need now and then, an extra push. Good luck and drop by here whenever^^

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Slash- Interesting I didn't know that, that's good that lesbians make them feared. I think it's okay to have maybe one stereotypical gay character but not every single male gay character because well not all personalities are the same.

Fused- Ah I see, didn't watch too much of Will & Grace so I don't know everything about it really. I always thought it was the other way around, that gay characters were more rare because in shows you got the lesbians, the I think I am gay but I am just gonna date men instead (Charlie from H&A and Judith from TAHM), the sexuality exploring ones and then the bisexuals when it comes to the media or also hints of the guest star being gay and liking the main female character.

bluekid- Very true, and I got you guys to thank for that:) And tell me about it, the only doll in TV that I liked in history was Sid from Buffy but he was a guy trapped in a dummy's body. Even that dummy in Two and a Half men, not real but it is quite creepy no wonder why Charlie throws it out of the hotel building lol.

cunning- Welcome to the guild, it's okay we believe you, that's what this club is for.

Wolf- True, and I think it's been applied that Milhouse might be gay as well. I think the reason for no backlash is because people know it's just a cartoon and shouldn't be taken seriously unless it really was meant to be offensive and even stated so.
Such for the Simpsons in one episode they might have one character say some cruel joke about homosexuality sounding offensive and in another episode they have Homer kissing a guy and liking it.

Slash4life

uncollared
In the case of Smithers, its only really been implied, heavily implied. Malibu Stacey collection may be percieved as an obvious explanation, his lust for Burns' approval and there's even an episode where he's in the gay part of springfield when homer rooms with two gays.

I remember that episode:

Hey Waylon! Who's the Bear? Woof!

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
acunningspecimen - I hope you don't mind, I'm going to give you a hug. *hugs* I know what you mean by the suicide thing. I suggest going to the GSA, as that is how I used to feel. I used to read these posts long ago, then I finally decided to go to my schools GSA. Minus some drama over who's in charge there, it's good. I place where I can talk about issues I have (although this club is always where I go first.) Test the waters there. If you don't like it, don't go. We'll be here for you! And if it gets bad, feel free to message me anytime (if that doesn't sound weird). I'll be more than happy to talk to you and listen to what you have to say.

In regards to Smithers - In one episode, didn't he have to take anti-gay shots to keep himself straight? And during the 20th Episode Special, they had a spokesperson from the gay community talking about him...

the wolf - Spongebob? (No really.)

Willow's Tara - We (I) Won't (can't) let this club die. If it does, I'll try to revive it in a heartbeat. As I've been saying in my past 2-3 posts, I used to read it all the time, back when people like Nintandy used to post. It helped me through a lot, being able to see people like me, problems similar to mine, and seeing a community of people that were there for each other, even though they don't know each other in the slightest.

Suddenly I just found myself singing and dancing to the themes from "Spider-man" and "The Angry Beavers" only because they were playing on this one music channel I left on on my TV. I'm weird.

Also, on the rest of the Simpsons - They also had Homer open up a gay marriage church in their garage. Wasn't offensive to me at all.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Bluekid- Well that's good then I am glad. Also what happened to Nintandy anyway? Not to mention several members of the club that seemed to have just disappeared completely, did I miss something? I know there was major drama with Nintandy and uh... Umbreon but I don't remember the end result of it.

And true, that was an interesting episode when Homer did that

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
WT - I don't know. I read here for about a year or 2, and all seemed well. (Mostly, minus a few trolls.) I come back about 1/2 a year later, with the ability to post, and he, along with most of the members I remember, are gone.

Side note: Not to mention this club sparked my interest into looking at the ability to dream. There used to be a lot of talk about dreams and lucid dreaming here.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
blue- Oh yeah that reminds me of a dream I had last night. It was a weird one see I think it was someone's birthday possible my brother's and we had a guest, it was Britney Spears (Which is odd that she suddenly pops into my dream since I don't think about her that much). I remember a whole bunch of stuff happened then for some reason I kissed Britney (Who didn't pull away I think, and that also makes no sense because I have never shown any romantic interests in her before, sure I thought she was attractive especially in her early years but it would make more sense if I was kissing Amber Benson then Britney Spears).

I honestly have no idea what that dream was about, of course before it completely ended I woke up, but I kept my eyes asleep and my mind was kinda still on it even thought I was awake (Then fell asleep for an hour again). Who knows maybe it means I want to meet her but hello, I want to meet Amber Benson first before I meet her and then there's loads of people after Amber before Britney, hm weird

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Wanna talk about weird dreams? The other night I had a dream that me and the stars in There Will Be Brawl (basically Super Smash Brothers Brawl characters if they were drug dealers/ thugs etc. in a GTA like world. Look it up.) were playing a new game I got for the Wii. It was a fighting game like Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, except it included Pokemon AND Dragonball Z characters. I was planning a battle between "Space-controlled Dialga" (who looked awesome in 3-D. It was Dialga with a pick aura, basically saying Palkia controlled him) and Super Saiyin(sp) Goku. It was going to be epic, but I pressed "B" to go to a menu of every Pokemon game and Dragonball /Z/GT/ game ever made. All of them were playable, accept the Wii versions of such games (like Pokemon Battle Revolution.) Suddenly I heard yelling, and Wario was yelling at Waluigi to get to the kitchen (for some odd reason, Waluigi was wearing a helmet like he does in There Will Be Brawl.)

Try to explain this dream to me. All I get out of it is that I want to make a game where Dialga can fight Goku.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.

And, also, I love hugs. :D

I haven't dreamed much since I came out, but most of my dreams before then were nightmares that entailed the worst possible scenarios for coming out to family and friends. >>

That and a little bit of...other stuff that doesn't need to be discussed. ^^;;

Slash4life

uncollared
That and a little bit of...other stuff that doesn't need to be discussed. ^^;;

If you want to, you can share. I swear I won't judge. Heck, my mild dreams probably but them to shame.

By the way, I apologize for not greeting you earlier, so let me take this opportunity to welcome you to the GLAC. We're fairly laid-back here, so don't be shy about posting. And most of us don't bite(well, I'm a bear, so no promises)

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
acunningspecimen - Like hugs? Have another! *hugs* I know how you feel on the nightmare part too. So if you're 16, you're still in high school (I'm not the only one!)? Is everything alright there? And no need to worry about sharing. Feel free, we won't judge, we (mostly) all know how it feels to be judged here. But if you don't want to share, don't. None of us will bite though. Except Slash. He's vicious. (Just kidding Slash!!!)

Slash - Coming from he who does not participate in club dream sharing! Just kidding.

Has anyone heard of the play Spring Awakening?

Last edited:

Slash4life

uncollared
And if you ignore Slash, none of us bite. At all. Swear. Except him. (Just kidding Slash!)

Well, true, I normally just hug and nuzzle. I'm such a softie

Slash - Coming from he who does not participate in club dream sharing! Just kidding.

Do you want me to share my dreams? Fair warning, they involve riding crops, blindfolds, handcuffs, and usually at least one video camera. That's a short, undetailed list

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
It appears I made an oopsie here on this post. It was the same as the above one.. Sorry people of the club... >.>

Last edited:

thebluekid

X and Y Versions?!
Slash, I am SO sorry! No insulting was intended!*gives cookie* Can I be forgiven? Pwease? And I forgot how old you are >.> All the talk of "naughty" stuff from you and such... <.< Anyway... "Riding crops"? What's that mean? For the rest.. o_O No non-sexual dreams? Or funny ones? o.o

Last edited:

Slash4life

uncollared
Wikipedia
A crop usually consists of a long shaft of fiberglass or cane or which is covered in leather, fabric, or similar material. The rod of a crop thickens at one end to form a handle, and terminates in a thin, flexible tress such as wound cord or a leather tongue. The thin end is intended to make contact with the horse. The handle may have a loop of leather to help secure the grip.

The length of a crop is designed to allow enough leverage for it to be accelerated rapidly with a controlled flick of the wrist without causing the rider balancing problems. Thus, a true crop is relatively short...

...The riding crop is still widely seen as the traditional symbol of dominance in BDSM activities. Its material is the only obvious link with the (stereotypical) leather fetish in that scene.

That's a riding crop. Don't judge me. And yes, you're forgiven. This cub can't hold a grudge(except against my father).

As for non-sexual dreams, I usually have nightmares after I watch scary movies. Don't get me wrong, I love scary movies, but my imagination likes to have a field day with them. On vacation in Arkansas, either Summer '09 or 08', I had terrible nightmares about zombies taking over my grandma's house. The door to their lair was hidden in the closet of the guest room my parents were staying at. And, somehow, Hoss Delgato(Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) was there with me, fighting the zombies. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I turned on the light before falling asleep again. The light burned out that night and I was a little shaken when I woke up and saw the light off because I remembered turning it on. Yes, my first thought was "zombies"

Strangely enough, I watched Candyman last night and didn't have nightmares. And Silent Hill doesn't generally give me nightmares either.

And funny... maybe some funny sexual moments, but most of my thoughts at this age are sexual. And I've realized I'm rather kinky

My High School in Michigan is very homophobic...It's a huge place, about 1500 students and the occupancy is over 2000 when all the adults are there...Despite the huge number of students and staff, the GSA only has about 20 people. One of the people involved, as I previously mentioned, has been a close friend ever since I came out to her, and there are a few others in it who are straight but friends with her, so I kind of know them as well. The others I don't know.

As far as homophobicness goes, it's really bad. 2 of my classes are A.P. History and Honors English, and in those classes I know most people are supportive of homosexuality, and my close friends are all in these classes with me. Of course, this is the upper crust of my class.

In other classes, like my Biology, it's really bad. Me and about 1 other person do our work out of about 25 people, and although he's really smart, he's very religious and not supportive of Gay rights at all. The others are vocally homophobic, and one of these days I'm just going to snap and yell at them. >_<

Also, as far as not sharing that last part of my dream goes, that's because I don't want to be banned for being inappropriate! I'll just say hormones and leave it at that.

Sorry for writing another essay, people. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.