• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeZekrom

Co-Owner of pokegyms
Nice job well writen, I think it brought the point across very well. Oh I have a new topic in mind. :If you like Lady Gaga which song is your favorite. Mine woould be tiead with Born This way or Telephone.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Nice job well writen, I think it brought the point across very well. Oh I have a new topic in mind. :If you like Lady Gaga which song is your favorite. Mine woould be tiead with Born This way or Telephone.

I love all of her songs but lets go with Born This Way and Telephone too. The video from Telephone gotta be the best music video I ever saw :D

king_anteros

Water Trainer
Haven't posted in awhile. I got busy. So I'll just answer both the topic questions that are kind of out there right now.

I do not have a boyfriend right now... I did, but that ended. I'm okay with it though. I thought he was amazing, but I had to end it because he was still struggling with his sexuality. He knew he was gay, but sometimes he'd not want to be. It wasn't a very healthy relationship, so I ended it. I do however have a crush right now... a couple actually. One of them is this guy in my Health class that has the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen - sexuality questionable. The other one is more awkward. It's this intern that works for my mom. He's super cute and just really cool personality wise. I actually talk to him a lot since I'm at my mom's office all the time.

As for the Lady Gaga question: Yes, I love Gaga. I'm kind of obsessed... but that's just how I am when I love something. That woman is a pure artistic genius. If you can't see that, you are officially dumb in my book. My favorite song by her, well, it's actually a tie between Speechless, Born This Way, and Dance in the Dark. They are all too different to really compare. I love them all for different reasons. Her piano ballads make me swoon.

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
Favorite Lady Gaga song? None. She merely annoys me >.> I cant listen to a single song without getting bored within 10 seconds -_- and yes - I do listen to the full song, my family love her along with the rest of the trash they listen too <.< No offence of course...

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Oh I have a new topic in mind. :If you like Lady Gaga which song is your favorite. Mine woould be tiead with Born This way or Telephone.

I think I'm gonna be the first one to break the mold and say that Born This Way is a good song, but nowhere near my favorite from her. :x Lol. I have to say that I really love LoveGame, Paparazzi (the best music video by her along with Alejandro, in my opinion), Alejandro, and Bad Romance. My all-time favorite song by her would definitely have to be Poker Face though. :3 I just can't get away from it once it comes on. Well, that and it was sort of the song between me and the guy that made me realize I was bi. Ahahah. /Biased.

AwesomeZekrom

Co-Owner of pokegyms
I think I'm gonna be the first one to break the mold and say that Born This Way is a good song, but nowhere near my favorite from her. :x Lol. I have to say that I really love LoveGame, Paparazzi (the best music video by her along with Alejandro, in my opinion), Alejandro, and Bad Romance. My all-time favorite song by her would definitely have to be Poker Face though. :3 I just can't get away from it once it comes on. Well, that and it was sort of the song between me and the guy that made me realize I was bi. Ahahah. /Biased.

^ lol I love Bad romance at one point it was my most played song on my Ipod Touch. Though I find that the Born This way video is awesome very well written nice job whoever directed the video.

Hamishmash

"Just... stuff."
I'm not really a Lady GaGa fan. I've seen her live and she was a lot of fun, and she's entertaining but I don't see her as any sort of musical prodigy or anything.

Janelle Monae on the other hand! :p

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
^ YOU SAW HER LIVE?!?! Lucky bastard...

So my current thoughts on Mama Monster...I thought that, while BTW is a great song lyrically, the music video was a little too broad. I mean, all that awesome talk about the birth of evil was great, but then it was suddenly dropped in favor of the song, which really was a bit of mood whiplash. It just tried too hard to be symbolic, I suppose and ended up jumping between way too many mediums.

But the woman is still no doubt an artistic genius, visually and symbolically. If you are one of the few people out there who can't grasp that, then you need to find a hole to go die in.

Hamishmash

"Just... stuff."
^ YOU SAW HER LIVE?!?! Lucky bastard...

So my current thoughts on Mama Monster...I thought that, while BTW is a great song lyrically, the music video was a little too broad. I mean, all that awesome talk about the birth of evil was great, but then it was suddenly dropped in favor of the song, which really was a bit of mood whiplash. It just tried too hard to be symbolic, I suppose and ended up jumping between way too many mediums.

But the woman is still no doubt an artistic genius, visually and symbolically. If you are one of the few people out there who can't grasp that, then you need to find a hole to go die in.

And this is why I don't like Lady GaGa fans.

No offense, and I know you're joking, but that kind of attitude is really creepy.

Personally, I can tell she's very clever, especially on how to market herself and make "weirdness" mainstream... but it's not like she's doing anything THAT new. She's just doing it, but popular. And for that I commend her. But there's lots of other great music out there, you just need to look harder for it.

Like I said, I don't dislike her by any means. I just think sometimes people forget she is just a woman who's very good at building hype around her pop songs.

D

Deleted member 11515

She's trying too hard. That's all that needs to be said.
i haven't posted since december :X!!!!!
wow everything has changed since i last posted
i broke up with my boyfriend after six months, one week, and two days [he kept count idek]..uhh.. i *****d around for like a week in february, and now i'm dating this guy who i've been talking to for most of march. 8D
it's amazing. ;]

hi guys.

in a similar note to this thread, i'm the co-president of my campus's lgbt organization..and i'm restarting next year because it's just not that great right now. :/
i'm going to be the sole president. :D!!!

how has everyone else been ^_^;
what's everyone's closet status/etc??

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
Been good came out January to a few close friends and my mom but nobody else currently in a straight relationship for 3 years in September I'm hoping he'll treat us to something good :)

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
I thought that, while BTW is a great song lyrically, the music video was a little too broad.

A little too broad? I absolutely love Lady Gaga and I've been in love with all her music videos, but that video was just trash. Sorry, but it had to be said. She sort of went off the deep end with that one. :/ BTW is a decent song, but that video was just... Ugh.

Also, Erik Destler, speaking of LGBT organizations, I'm actually starting to consider joining the one at my university. I'm not really sure if it would be cool or not, but it would at least be a new way to get involved with things and meet new people, preferably some attractive young man. Lol. Now to just figure out what a LGBT organization would actually do before going and joining... ;-;

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Great Gatsby, I haven't been here in forever.

Welcome to all of the new members (because I'm too lazy to search everyone who's new). I hope you all find your time here enjoyable.

Today was my birthday (17). I got my ears pierced. I was bummed because they didn't have any studs that I liked but the horseshoe earings I got instead are pretty cool. Also, some ****(excuse my language) left a giant dent in my car and drove off without saying anything. My car was parked in front of my house at the curb and it looks like someone backed into it. But no one had the decency to come to the door and say "I'm really sorry." or something like that. Nothing. Ugh. Oh well. I'm glad it wasn't destroyed or that I wasn't in the car. It could always be worse.

Anyways, we're talking about "Born This Way?" As a pop song, its good. As a Lady Gaga song... it doesn't do anything for me. I can jam out to Poker Face, Telephone, Just Dance, etc., but not Born This Way. I like Gaga for her newer sound, her darker take on pop music, but Born This Way was just a throw back to 80s dance pop like Madonna, and therefore it just didn't really click with me. Its okay though. Its not like anything can replace Poker Face or Telephone anyways.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Hey again sorry for not posting again, I am just glad even when I don't post all of you still are, keeps the club going:)

Anyways I have something that's on my mind. Earlier tonight I was at a house with my Church Youth group (Yes, I go to Church for those who don't know, I consider myself Christian but don't worry, I still believe in Gay rights 100%, just incase anyone thinks otherwise) and I had a great time, more then usual and I even mingled with people, played Pool with them etc.

I am hoping that I can build new relationships with many of them and that I finally come more out of my shell. Although the thing that's creeped into my mind since I came home is about how they may react to homosexuality. Actually that did in a way come up but I didn't 100% hear properly, this girl apparently had some audition for a feature flim or something that had all girls in it, and I think she had to do a lesbian scene and probably kiss someone (I couldn't hear her completely, I was sitting eating dinner with one of my close friends and others) and she mentioned something about how if God didn't want her there he would shut the door on her.

I am not sure what she said after that but I think she said there was some sign that he didn't or something so she went for the audition or something.

Part of that is what got me thinking. Now I remember talking to my close friend, the one who introduced me to this church and asking what she thought, I think she said it was okay with it. But the other people in that group I dunno, however I was thinking does it matter?

Maybe we have a difference of opinion, and despite I think it's a stupid one I shouldn't risk a potentially good friendship over homosexuality should I? Of course if they were the type to go I wish they would be executed or something I would have a hard time talking to them, and if they actually bash homosexuals or hurt up I would not talk to them, harassing would make it harder too.

But when it's just simple I don't like gays or I don't agree with Gay marriage, and even though I will be thinking they really need to grow up or realize there is nothing wrong with it, should it be a big deal? I am sure those who know me know how hard it is for me to talk to people let alone make friends (And don't forget these people are mostly between 18-30 so they aren't that old fashioned) Should I not talk to them on a difference of an opinion? Whether I was gay, straight or bisexual.

What do you guys think?

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Hey again sorry for not posting again, I am just glad even when I don't post all of you still are, keeps the club going:)

Anyways I have something that's on my mind. Earlier tonight I was at a house with my Church Youth group (Yes, I go to Church for those who don't know, I consider myself Christian but don't worry, I still believe in Gay rights 100%, just incase anyone thinks otherwise) and I had a great time, more then usual and I even mingled with people, played Pool with them etc.

I am hoping that I can build new relationships with many of them and that I finally come more out of my shell. Although the thing that's creeped into my mind since I came home is about how they may react to homosexuality. Actually that did in a way come up but I didn't 100% hear properly, this girl apparently had some audition for a feature flim or something that had all girls in it, and I think she had to do a lesbian scene and probably kiss someone (I couldn't hear her completely, I was sitting eating dinner with one of my close friends and others) and she mentioned something about how if God didn't want her there he would shut the door on her.

I am not sure what she said after that but I think she said there was some sign that he didn't or something so she went for the audition or something.

Part of that is what got me thinking. Now I remember talking to my close friend, the one who introduced me to this church and asking what she thought, I think she said it was okay with it. But the other people in that group I dunno, however I was thinking does it matter?

Maybe we have a difference of opinion, and despite I think it's a stupid one I shouldn't risk a potentially good friendship over homosexuality should I? Of course if they were the type to go I wish they would be executed or something I would have a hard time talking to them, and if they actually bash homosexuals or hurt up I would not talk to them, harassing would make it harder too.

But when it's just simple I don't like gays or I don't agree with Gay marriage, and even though I will be thinking they really need to grow up or realize there is nothing wrong with it, should it be a big deal? I am sure those who know me know how hard it is for me to talk to people let alone make friends (And don't forget these people are mostly between 18-30 so they aren't that old fashioned) Should I not talk to them on a difference of an opinion? Whether I was gay, straight or bisexual.

What do you guys think?

If we only made friends with the people who had the same exact opinions as us, we would all be alone. People with different opinions are a part of life, and while I would certainly like them to change their views, dealing with them is a vital experience we need to grow. If you feel like there's a chance of a good friendship with these people, then I say go for it.

RagingStarmie

The Pokemon Director
I believe that you either build yourself up from a situation or you let it break you down. That's how i live everyday! My life motto, and it's made me stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.