• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaDrago

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
How did you come out?

I didn't ever really have to do the big coming out thing, I kind of just let people figure it out for themselves, like, I would casually hold hands with my boyfriend in front of people I knew, or if people were talking about who they'd dated I'd mention that I'd dated boys too. That's just the way I prefer to handle it though, I was lucky that people seemed not to really care about it, since I don't really identify as gay/bi or anything, it's just not that big a deal for me. In fact, I don't think I've ever actually had to straight out tell people that I liked guys, it's always just worked itself out, heh.

Arceus94

How did you come out?

I didn't ever really have to do the big coming out thing, I kind of just let people figure it out for themselves, like, I would casually hold hands with my boyfriend in front of people I knew, or if people were talking about who they'd dated I'd mention that I'd dated boys too. That's just the way I prefer to handle it though, I was lucky that people seemed not to really care about it, since I don't really identify as gay/bi or anything, it's just not that big a deal for me. In fact, I don't think I've ever actually had to straight out tell people that I liked guys, it's always just worked itself out, heh.

you're a lucky guy x)

Hillhaus

How did you come out?

I was actually at a party one night and one of my best friends was just pestering the hell out of me about it in a serious but not so serious kind of way, and I think he could tell it was making me uncomfortable, so he pulled me aside and asked me in private and I think his sincerity mixed with my drunken state helped me admit it and he gave me a HUGE hug. It was a big shock and really sweet.
Then he helped me come out to my other friends. Most of them say they already knew :p
Back then I never planned on coming out to my parents, I always used to say my sex life was none of their business and that they didn't need to know, but my mum caught me in bed with a guy so after that I didn't really have a choice, haha.

I think one of the biggest tips I can give for coming out is to not make a big deal out of it. If you give the impression that you don't care and that's not a big deal, other people will think so to.
Just be yourself, and if your friends make any comments just let them know it's not a big deal, because it really isn't! If society didn't treat it like such a big thing than there wouldn't be a problem!

Last edited:

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
I've been thinking about coming out, and if I should or not. And so, people that have, I was wondering:

How did you come out?

Also, do you have any 'tips' (do's, don't's etc) about coming out?
Don't come out. Well didn't you say you're not even sure of your sexuality yet? definetely don't come out until you know what you are.

How did you come out?Back then I never planned on coming out to my parents, I always used to say my sex life was none of their business and that they didn't need to know, but my mum caught me in bed with a guy so after that I didn't really have a choice, haha.
!
^this is like my worst nightmare

How did you come out?

I first came out to a great friend she is a huge GLB supporter. Then afew months later I came out to my whole group.
I came out to my paents by sitting my mom down and talking calmy........it didn't work out, she told my dad...he freaked out blah blah blah

ShimmerInTheDark

Ace Trainer
Older member (scarecrowstitches) returning to the club, though I wasn't too active so many of you might not remember me. Anyways, hello to all! ^_^ For those who don't remember me... I'm an early 20s gay musician/bartender from Seattle, the city of hipsters, coffee and rain.

Allow me to butt into the convo.

"How did you come out?"

I came out as "bi" to some close friends randomly at school, then years later told my mom after a bad break up with my first boyfriend. I didn't really mean to come out at the time, but she asked me why I was sad and I told her. She knew all a long I was gay. (hell, I played with my sister's Barbies more than my own toys, if that wasn't a dead give away I don't know what was!) She tried to deny it at first, thinking I was going through a "phase" which is typical for most parents with GLBT kids, but now she's very accepting of me and she absolutely loves my boyfriend. Comming out was painfully awkward but I felt like such a weight was lifted afterwards... It's nice to be able to be myself around my family.

Best of luck to those who have not yet come out. It's a very brave thing to do, and it takes a lot of balls to be true to yourself and everyone around you.

~Lati~

Or not :/
To be honest, I don't remember how I came out. One of my aunts is a lesbian and the rest of my family is fine with it so coming out wasn't really a big deal to me. However, at my mom's we have the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy because her boyfriend started ranting about how being gay was wrong at a restaurant one night. It's annoying, but I can live with it.

Arceus94

How did you come out?Back then I never planned on coming out to my parents, I always used to say my sex life was none of their business and that they didn't need to know, but my mum caught me in bed with a guy so after that I didn't really have a choice, haha.

that's how i am planning to do it xP since i don't have the courrage to tell them xD

that's how i am planning to do it xP since i don't have the courrage to tell them xD

Do not do that by choice!!! If you think it'd hurt telling, then you can only imagine how your mother would feel seing her son being......well you know.
Words are always better than shock and terror.

Arceus94

I ment like kissing a guy in front of her or something, not all the way x3

Arceus94

I bet she got the point, and that's my goal xP

Arceus94

He's right~ xD
At least I don't xD

Arceus94

Yeah, so di I :3
It's just the stereotypical point of view where gay people
are only good for shopping xP

PRaika25

Fire and lightning
I havent come out to my dad, but my mum found out by googling me (still dont know why she did) and finding my myspace page because I was out to my friends. She didnt take it too well and is desperate for my dad not to find it. She's a little more understanding now but I really cant have a conversation about it with her without her making a "I just stepped in dog poo" face.

In a counter to what everyone else seems to have said, I've always planned when I've come out and announced it. This works for me, but obviously I'm not saying it will work for everyone.

The first time I came out, I was battling with a friend. To "spice things up" I suggested that the looser has to tell the other one of their secrets. I lost (I "forgot" that Thunder doesn't work on Swampert) so had to tell him.

After that, I invited people out to a movie, afterwards needing to tell them something.

After that, I ran a bet in which people had to guess why me and my mate Christine were NOT going out. Some of the reponses were hilarious.

The reason why I feel the need to make it into something is so that I don't back out. If i simply mention it, I'm so sarcastic that I can just say "Only kidding" and they would believe me.

Anyways, I've rambled on enough. I've had no negative reactions so far, apart from my mum, so I would recommend it in most cases. :)

What annoyed me is my friend saying "Gay people don't play video games" I'm like WTF

So gaygamer.com doesnt exist then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.