• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShimmerInTheDark

Ace Trainer
Yay! I'm gay, I wanna join.

I have something to share actually and I wanted to have some thoughts on it. I thought I didn't feel bad anymore, but I guess I kind of do still. Looking for some input/advice. Copy/pasting this from my personal blog.

Okay, so there's been something that's been weighing pretty heavily on my mind. The story is basically that I hooked up with this guy, and now he thinks I'm a ***** that only saw him as a piece of meat. Except only, it's more complicated than that. It all started when I made a comment on my friends facebook. This friend just so happens to be gay. What you may not know is that gay people on facebook are facebook friends with every single gay person within the radius of 750 miles. (This is most likely due to the fact that all gay men are filthy caniving *****s, which is a whole other blog post!) Give or take. Naturally, another gay person he knew liked the comment I made, and followed up by a friend request. I thought he was sort of cute, so I accept and chat him up. Turns out, he lives pretty close. Whoa, a gay person that actually lives close to me? Me?? Yes please. Hell, I don't even care that we've never met in person.

When you live in a place where there is virtually no gay people, and they're only told of in legends and folktales, you'll take what you can get. Give me a break. So, we start talking. He's interested, I'm interested. Everything is going good, right? Well, supposedly. As we talk I learn that he has really deep rooted self esteem issues. He thinks he's ugly. He hates his body. He pretty much hates everything about himself. Major red flag. I know everyone has baggage, but from what I gathered, this dude seemed to have a truckload. But hey, he's cute, why not give him a chance? It's not like it's raining gay people or anything around here. Can I really afford to pass up what could potentially be a good relationship? See, this is what a desperate mode of thinking does to you. It makes you settle for less than what you know you deserve. Ergo, I believe I deserve to date an emotionally stable and healthy person. Eh, I compromised.

We agree to meet up, and as our first date we agree to meet at his house and watch a movie. Now, one might think "You ****, you're going to his HOUSE on the first date?" However, the truth is I had no intention of hooking up with him. I honestly just wanted to watch the movie and cuddle. In my head I had it planned out that if he made any sort of advances, that I'd turn him down. In my head at least. As I lay cuddled against him, he's slightly rubbing my arm up and down. I stay still. Then he starts rubbing his hands on my waiste. I stay still. At this point, I'm aroused, and at the same time I'm kind of feeling like a jerk for not returning his affection. So, I do the same thing he does. Alright, so we're just feeling eachother up now, no sex. Well, then he starts making grabs towards other places. At this point I'm so aroused I can't even think straight and the only thought in my brain is "**** it, it's just one night. That doesn't make you a *****." One thing leads to another, and whaddya know, we're having sex. Shocker.

As it turns out, the guy is much more attractive in profile pictures than he is in person. Clothes come off, and he's really skinny and pale. Like, snow white pale and dying Jew in a concentration camp skinny. Well, not that bad, you get the idea. So as we're doing the deed so to speak, I'm finding it increasingly difficult just to stay aroused. To make it worse, he's terrible at kissing. He like, grabs my entire face with his mouth. It felt like he was a vacuum cleaner trying to suck my entire face dry. I had to wipe off my face a few times because it was covered in spit. It was pretty nasty. So, I let him give me head. I mean, after all, you can be that bad at it? All you do is suck, right? Wrong. I felt his teeth scrapping and it was more painful than it was pleasurable. And ofcourse, there's no lubricant around so, actual intercourse is kind of out of the question. So I give up on the love making and just decide to finish things up. We both sit across from eachother and we're mutually getting off. To make matters worse, he just stares at me with cold, dead eyes. Literally no expression on his face. How's that for a turn on? Yeah. So, we both eventually finish our business, and after our hookup from hell is concluded he gives me a ride home.

Now, I've definitely decided I don't want to see him romantically anymore. With his self esteem issues and other baggage, in tandem with how disastrously horrible our hookup was, I knew things could only end badly. We never really officially dated, so I didn't really know how to "breakup" with him. So, I did what you aren't supposed to do. Instead of being upfront with him, I decided to hide from him. My phone was out of commission at the time due to me not having enough cash to make the payment, so he couldn't text me. Then, whenever he was on facebook I'd go into offline mode. Ignore the issue and it will disappear. Right? Wrong. I look at his facebook status and it says something a long the lines of "People only view me as a piece of meat." I figured since I hadn't talked to him for a few days, that status must be about me. Naturally, I feel absolutely terrible. Not because I did view him as a piece of meat, I didn't. The intention was always for a future relationship. I felt terrible for not talking to him, allowing him to think and wonder whether he was just a quick hump and dump. I also wondered whether telling him the truth would make him feel any better. In the end I decided that telling the truth and being upfront might be less painful than just letting him go on thinking whatever it is that he's thinking.

I calmly explained to him via facebook message that I did not use him, or see him as a piece of meat, and that I never meant to make him feel that way. I then explained why I didn't think being romantic was the best idea for the same reasons I already discussed earlier, and that I wanted him as a friend. His reply made me furious. It was "yeah, lead me on, I didn't want to have sex but you kept going for it, whatever." ...Are you ****ing kidding me? Whatever civility and sympathy I had for this **** just went out the window. Excuse me *****, but I was happy just cuddling. I wasn't the one that decided your hands needed to roam everywhere. I didn't initiate that ****. I didn't initiate making out, either. All the while, he never gave me any clues that he didn't want to have sex. He could have said "No, not on the first date" or "Maybe some other time" or hell "I'm saving it for marriage" would have worked. If I had picked up on the fact that he didn't want to, I would have stopped. He had no problem or reservations doing any of the things we did. I was beyond pissed that he'd try to portray himself as this poor victim, and that I was some player that didn't give a **** about his boundaries. After that, I didn't feel bad for him anymore. Honestly, he can go **** himself. I mean, good luck finding someone that wants to put up with you.

In conclusion, I learned many life lessons. Such as, don't be a desperate loser, hookups through facebook are a ****ing terrible idea, and don't date people that have **** tons of baggage. Oh, and take things slow first when you want to date someone. This way they won't think you're a ***** that just tried to use them when you breakup. Also, pro-tip, if you want to take things slow, going to their house for a first date is a ****ing terrible idea.

First off, welcome to the club! I don't think I've ever once met a gay man who didn't have self-esteem issues, but man, that guy takes the cake. That sounds like a very unpleasant situation, especially when you had no intentions of anything happening in the first place. Well I guess you learned your lesson here. I wouldn't let someone elses insecurities bother you too much. ;)

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Whatever civility and sympathy I had for this **** just went out the window.

The fact that you used that word just made my day. :)

Anyways, as for my own life... has anything really happened in it?

I feel like I'm just going through the motions and it sucks. I've done so many different things in the past few weeks to get me out of this rut, but all of those plans end up in failure. I tried to go see a movie with my friends - simple right? Except half of them bail out at the last second (some of them had a good excuse, but others not so much.) I've started going to the gym to try and work out both my body and my ovrall stress. But I still feel like something is weighing me down.

I don't know. Sometimes I think its this boy that I still (and will probably forever) like, but I can't do anything about it.

It also doesn't help that my school and workload has been slowly eating up my "me" time. My only me time it seems is about one hour to watch a new episode of Castle or Glee and then the five hours I get for sleep.

I just want it to be Christmas break or something. Just a quick respite to recharge and get my life back together, instead of worrying about if everybody else's life is together.

Ah well.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
Oh wow. It's been forever, you guys! No one probably remembers me, but I'll chug on like I just got the greatest welcome party ever. How've you all been? I got a hair cut since the last time I was here. :D

I just want it to be Christmas break or something. Just a quick respite to recharge and get my life back together, instead of worrying about if everybody else's life is together.

Ah well.

I'm sorry you're getting bogged down with everything. :/ That seriously sucks. If you're in college (I'm assuming you are?) then it makes sense, though - about this time in the quarter/semester life seems to be nearly unbearable, especially if you're trying to keep up with friends. I've realized that the last two weeks of school for me entail nothing but A) LOTS of sleep, normally the second I get home, B) LOTS of homework, normally when I wake up from the sleep I got when I get home, and C) Little to no time for friends. If you're somehow adding in time for them... I can understand why you'd be stressed. :( Hahah.

As for me? I just officially turned 18 a week ago today (the 22nd!) - woohoo! Call me shallow, but I've always enjoyed dating older men - either by a few months or a few years, so it's nice to finally not be considered "jail bait." Not like I ever let anything get far enough to make it jail-worthy, though. I don't let anyone get in my pants easily. xD Oh, the things I find myself saying on children's forums...

I actually met a really cute guy on my birthday, though - he's twenty six and goes to my university. Absolutely gorgeous, and he's a genius, too. We were talking and he's a grad student who has a degree in psychology and a minor in French (my dream degree / minor, though I may end up doing an economics minor instead), and he only has one year to go before he begins trying to become a therapist. He was like, perfect. And we were talking a lot. xD And I finally worked up the courage to say, "Hey! So, you're smart and interesting. Do you wanna grab coffee sometime so we can go over what you might suggest for my degrees? Well, that's the 'official' reason - I'm really asking 'cause you're incredibly cute and I'd like to get to know you more." I was super freaked. Buuut, he said yes. :3 We're supposed to meet up later this week for coffee on campus.

But, then things sort of took a turn for the worst (in my book). After we talked a bit more, he casually mentioned he had a friend who might like to come as well. I was like, "Oh... Well, I had sort of meant it as a date between the two of us. If you don't want it to be, though, that's okay, too. :D I'm alright with just being friends." He replied something along the lines of, "I want it to be a date, too - I just meant maybe afterwards he could swing by if we went back to my place?" I was confused. And innocent. And had no idea what he meant. So I said, "Uh, okay! :D"

Well, yesterday I ran into my friend who knows practically every gay guy on campus. He showed me a picture of him and a cute guy he ran into and started gushing over how sweet he was - I showed him a picture of the guy I was going to have coffee with and gushed over how sweet he was. My friend gasped. It turns out the guy is kind of the gay school ****. :/ Now, I really don't care about that type of thing - what you do in your spare time is your business. But I found out he has a thing for three- and four-ways... And remembered how I agreed that it'd be okay if his friend joined us after coffee back at his place. Dx

See, my innocent mind assumed that meant something along the lines of, "Tchyeah! :D It'd be super cool to come to my place and, like, play Super Smash Bros. Melee or Halo, and I can bring a friend over so it wouldn't be awkward!" Not, "once we see each other face to face let's go have a little fun and I can bring a friend over to share in the joy." :/ Well, my first official awkward mess-up since turning 18... Hurray. Lol.

/Rant. Sorry for the huge wall of text. D:

SwiftSoul

Kinkmeister General
wb, Dawn Hero. And I've always dug older men as well, although generally by a significant portion. As in the low end being 25 years old and the higher being in excess of 50 years old. It's how I roll.

I've only been with one younger guy, and I... er... get around. ANd by that I mean I am promiscuous and in an open relationship. But I go safe.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Dawn Hero:

If you don't want to do it then don't do it! I mean, if you're as innocent as you claim then you probably shouldn't be hanging out with the campus bicycle anyways. If you still want to go on the coffee date then do it, but if he still wants you to come back to his then I think you should tell him the truth. "I'm sorry, I'm not comfortable meeting someone for coffee and then going back to their place to have a 3-some with another random guy I've never met before" is a pretty resonable excuse. Maybe not to the whores, but to normal people like us.

And if the whole thing goes to shit then does it really matter anyways? It sounds like you don't want to be in a relationship with him after learning who he really is, so does it matter if he's put-off by the whole situation?

Hox

Banned
Whoo! Gay club, haha. I'm in! I'm pretty gay. Well, mostly gay. Occasionally every once in a blue I'll see a gorgeous woman that I'm sexually attracted to, but that hardly ever happens. Certainly not enough for me to identify as bisexual. Lol.

Aaaanyways. Sup homos?

Power464646

The game
I dunno what I am, how can I tell?

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
I'm sorry you're getting bogged down with everything. :/ That seriously sucks. If you're in college (I'm assuming you are?) then it makes sense, though - about this time in the quarter/semester life seems to be nearly unbearable, especially if you're trying to keep up with friends. I've realized that the last two weeks of school for me entail nothing but A) LOTS of sleep, normally the second I get home, B) LOTS of homework, normally when I wake up from the sleep I got when I get home, and C) Little to no time for friends. If you're somehow adding in time for them... I can understand why you'd be stressed. :( Hahah.

Nope. Senior in high school. Which is worse because apparently its this year that the school decides to make you do everything! Oh well. The good thing is that everything about this year is about graduating, so it's going by pretty fast, but sometimes that scares me too. I can't believe tomorrow is the first of December!

And I hardly get any sleep. I get a very short nap after school and then about 5 hours each night. Sometimes not even that. I woke up at 4 this morning for no reason.

I'm getting to the point where I miss my friends - that's how little I see them. One of them turns 18 tomorrow and she's throwing a party on Friday. A party party. I want to go, but I'm not big on drinking. A little torn, but oh well.

That's something else I've noticed. I've grown very complacent. Every other thought of mine is "This too shall pass."

Like I said, I just need a bit of a recuperation period so I can recharge and start caring about things again.

I dunno what I am, how can I tell?

Who do you like? Men? Women? Both? Who do you like sexually and romantically?

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Just popping in to let you guys know about the news down in QLD: Taken from the Gay rights in Australia FB page

A bill designed to legalise civil unions in QLD has just passed 47 votes for to 40 against. QLD joins the ACT in allowing civil unions for same-sex couples.

So it sounds like this is a big step, now gays can get civil unions now (I understand it's not the same as marriage but one step at a time).

I only noticed that actually because one of my Christian friends had posted it on his wall and I wondered if the Gay rights page had posted that as well (Well he was against it, I just wanted to see what the other side says), which they did.

My friend actually had gone on about how children should have opposite sex parents (Which actually I don't know how that came up, but I think he posted a link, didn't read it though). I would say something but I don't know, I know alot of people like my cousin would disagree and think he's a jerk or something, but I have gotten to know him over the year and he is a rather nice guy, you know when he's not talking about homosexuals shouldn't marry spouses or have children. It's still annoying to read when he does post that on FB but it's not like he is bashing gays up or anything.

Besides, as I said in an earlier post a while ago I still wonder what's the point of either gay or straight marriage, it's all going to end up in divorce, broken homes or unhappy partners and the small percentage gets to be happy. Regardless if it's a homosexual or heterosexual marriage. What's the point of fighting for something if half of the world doesn't seem to realize what a marriage is even about. It's not about gender politics or hate, or fighting and screaming at each other. It's about being their for each other, trying to work through things even if the partner screwed up! I mean come people make one mistake and you are dumped! It's ridiculous, marriage is supposed to be about two people who are there for each other, take care of their family and can fight through the crap and hurdles life gives you.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Bahaha, I probably shouldn't of laughed at that. Just seems pretty funny how naive you were about the whole thing. You could always try and disclose it on the date. Just do whatever you're comfortable with, right? He might not want to pursue anything sexual with you, but he still sounds like a pretty cool guy to me. Who knows, maybe you two clicked enough so that he might try and change his habits. That's a longshot though. Just take the situation as it comes. I really don't think that it's too much of a deal, just make it clear that you aren't comfortable in trying a threesome.

Maybe not to the whores, but to normal people like us.

Ah yes because having tons of sexual activity makes you a "whore" and doesn't make you "normal". This looks like you're shaming someone for their own life decisions which really isn't any of your business. Which I'm hoping you're not, because really :/ It's just sexual activity. Certainly nothing to go around calling names over.

Nothing has been happening with me. I've been playing badminton a lot and working hard at school. Grade 11 is actually sort of difficult in the sense that I have to do a lot of work. Oh well. / shrug. So I've been focusing on my studies and not on boys or anything.

Power464646

The game
Idk lolz. .

Arachnae

Princess Arachnid
In Australia...

So it sounds like this is a big step, now gays can get civil unions now (I understand it's not the same as marriage but one step at a time).

As an Australian this is great news. There has been ALOT of talk recently about gay marriage; on the radio, talk shows, current affair shows and in the newspaper. As I understand it, the vast majority of young people say 'yes' to gay marriage. The majority of middle aged people also say 'yes.' I do not know anything of the elderly's opinion, but it seems to me as though the government is the only thing in the way at this time. Unfortunately I don't see this changing anytime soon, due to the fact that there are essentially two parties (at least, only two that stand a chance), Being Labor and Liberal, both of which are against gay marriage at this point in time.

It seems that in Australia the government only acknowledges gay unity when it means more money for them, for example, couples are generally taxed more. However when it comes to what is actually best for the people and their interests, our leaders will have nothing to do with it.

On a side note: Who here has heard of the third gender, or gender 'X?' For those of you that haven't, essentially gender and sex are two different things: Gender being what a person is mentally, and sex being what a person is biologically.

Therefore the third gender is a 'new' state of mental identity that is neither male nor female. I put 'new' in quotation marks as it is not a new concept, just newly recognised. Anyway In Australia third gender is being recognised; Australian passports now list "X" as an option!

I also suggest everyone read This Story. Its about a baby that is an 'X' its cute and somewhat lengthy, but well worth the read.

Finally, I just want to add that I am in my final year of school, and for my end of year piece in Drama I am doing script writing, and the play I write will be all about the third gender and the ways in which gender and sex are the most massive barriers placed upon most societies, more so than race, age, etc, but barely anyone realises these barriers exist. I have about 9 months to have this project, and hope I can address the issues in effective ways, because I do feel strongly that awareness needs to be promoted.

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

Finally, I just want to add that I am in my final year of school, and for my end of year piece in Drama I am doing script writing, and the play I write will be all about the third gender and the ways in which gender and sex are the most massive barriers placed upon most societies, more so than race, age, etc, but barely anyone realises these barriers exist. I have about 9 months to have this project, and hope I can address the issues in effective ways, because I do feel strongly that awareness needs to be promoted.

Good luck :D As a person who is anoyed by gender stereotypes and the social dogmas that come with it, I hope you do well!

Arachnae

Princess Arachnid
Good luck :D As a person who is anoyed by gender stereotypes and the social dogmas that come with it, I hope you do well!

Thanks a lot,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person in the world who is bugged by gender barriers. =D

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Speaking of Australia, has anyone been made aware of this video from Australian advocacy group GetUp! about supporting marriage equality?

It's a great video that, I think, accurately captures something that is missing from other commercials like this: it reflects the struggles of being in a relationship; it doesn't really matter if the guys are gay or not. It might be about supporting marriage equality, but the range of situations and emotions shown can be easily applied to any marriage, which I think makes it more effective.

Also, notice that YouTube has a symbol by it's logo signifying today as the first of World AIDS Day.

Its just nice to see some support.

SwiftSoul

Kinkmeister General
theatre, transcending sex and gender barriers, links to amusing stories...

Yep, you're definitely going to fit in quite well, here.

I know Spookz and myself do, but does anyone else follow Khaos? It's probably the best (or close to) LGBT webcomic I have read that's not explicitly... uh... explicit. The others I know are for more of a... hirsute taste, and I'm not sure if y'all want to know how many bear comics I look at.

which leads me to:

What is your favourite LGBT webcomic (or just favorite altogether)?

I find it hard to choose. Blur The Lines is full of bear humor mixed with self-mockery. The aforementioned Khaos is very drama-filled, and draws attention to serious issues and a need for unity. The forums there are pretty rad, too. Bear With Me, while funny, is less outright funny and more dramatic and serial that Blur the Lines. It has one-offs dotted into the clear continuity of the main storyline, and the art is constantly evolving. Which leads me to the last subject here, Questionable Content. Clear continuity, evolving art, and a lot of geeky humor. Also, something about music or something. The non-gay one of the pack. I know, I have a hard time choosing.

7 tyranitars

Thanks a lot,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person in the world who is bugged by gender barriers. =D

same here, what most people forget, is that it is a disadvantage for both genders. It isn't helping anyone, it only making life harder :S.

FlyShyGuy

Neo-Geodude
As an Australian this is great news. There has been ALOT of talk recently about gay marriage; on the radio, talk shows, current affair shows and in the newspaper. As I understand it, the vast majority of young people say 'yes' to gay marriage. The majority of middle aged people also say 'yes.' I do not know anything of the elderly's opinion, but it seems to me as though the government is the only thing in the way at this time. Unfortunately I don't see this changing anytime soon, due to the fact that there are essentially two parties (at least, only two that stand a chance), Being Labor and Liberal, both of which are against gay marriage at this point in time.

Your Liberal party doesn't support gay marriage?? ... surely supporting gay marriage would actually be a very Liberal thing to do if I understand anything about politics correctly.

I also enjoyed the article about "X"; bascially underlines the point that gender stereotypes are silly and shouldn't be as much of an obstacle. It actually reminds me of a newspaper story I read a while ago where a boy wore a skirt to school because the headteacher banned boys from wearing shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.