• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftSoul

Kinkmeister General
I know she like gay rights and all, but that really gives me no more inspiration to like her songs than otherwise. It's said that Beethoven wasn't the nicest of people. And yet his music is some of the most beautiful ever recorded on paper. I respect his talent, even if I don't respect his temperament.

As for Gaga, I can totally respect that she supports gay rights. That in no capacity requires I like her or her music in any way, shape, or form. As far as ear-worms, I'd hazard to say that's not always a good thing. I absolutely hate Poker Face, and yet it is impossible to get out of my head at times. It makes me want to take a drill to my head sometimes. But I'd never do that. I wouldn't want my drill to get all messy.

As for what Ray said, I agree quite a bit. It is impossible to take her seriously. Whether it's skintight white whatever material, or a meat dress, or dressed up like a yuletide tree, you can't look at her and say "Well, she's definitely got a good, serious head on her shoulders." It's almost impossible for anyone, leave alone a bureaucrat, to think of her in a professional capacity.

Also, Ray, sorry I haven't been much on replying lately. I've been sick, and I just haven't found the time to listen to your tunes, yet. Sorry for that. And I love you, bro.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
her music videos are amazing.

I used to feel the exact same way - the first time I saw "Alejandro" I was instantly hooked. However, I have to admit... She sort of lost me once she did "Born This Way." That has to be the single worst music video I've ever seen, which is a shame since the song was so good. I felt like she kind of lost her touch, and haven't really watched any since. xD I mean, I saw the video for "Judas," which was alright and was getting back to how she was, but... It really didn't do much for me.

Also - I know someone else mentioned this previously, but yay for Washington State! xD I'm glad my state's finally taking a proactive position towards gay marriage. I can't wait to not have anyone to marry but realize the fact I could if I did. :'D So beautiful.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Oh Gaga-d.

Lady Gaga is okay I think. I don't go crazy over her, but I don't think she's terrible either. She's a pretty decent pop musician who has a distinctive style to her.

Yes, her fashion is over the top, and I feel that if it wasn't for the meat dresses and penis stilettos, she might be more respected as an artist. Not to say her music videos are over the top (but 13 minutes for Born This Way? Sorry, but only Telephone should've been that long).

Honestly, of all of her songs, the only two that I absolutely cannot stand are Alejandro and Born This Way. I appreciate the message behind Born This Way, but there's something about it that's just kinda cheesy and forced.

Anyways, I'm excited for Washington state. There's also been a lot of progress in Maryland and New Jersey lately, so we might be adding some more states to out list. I have a feeling this is going to go a lot like it did with racism - the North will start the trend, the South will deny it and secede, and the North will kick their *** again and tell them to suck it up. If only there were a way to avoid that...

ShimmerInTheDark

Ace Trainer
My boyfriend and I broke up.

The primary reason being we just don't have a lot in common and we don't see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. It wasn't like a big horrible teary break-up though. Just a simple "It's been great but I think our time is up." "I understand. Let's just stay friends." So kinda bittersweet but more sweet than bitter. It's been a great three months. I don't regret a thing.

That's never any fun, sorry to hear that. :( At least it was mutual.

@Kairne, it's totally cool bro. We just have rough demos on our page at the moment. We have an album in the works & merch that I will have to send your way! We played our first show last night and rocked the house. :648:

Still crossing my fingers that Washington is the next state to legalize gay marriage. I would love to be able to get married to the man I love.

Well since it's almost February I thought I'd ask....

What are your plans for Valentines day?
Personally I'm not the biggest fan of it, and I'm not in a relationship anymore.....so I'll be home eating a carton of cherry ice cream for a day :p.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
Personally I'm not the biggest fan of it, and I'm not in a relationship anymore.....so I'll be home eating a carton of cherry ice cream for a day :p.

I honestly don't know. I'm not in a "relationship", though I have admitted my feelings to one of my closest friends. She doesn't exactly know how she feels about me yet, so I'm just going to hope the day goes well, I guess. :)

FlyShyGuy

Neo-Geodude

Same as what I've been doing for the last 17 years.. spending it alone.
Being single's not so bad though.

Ashbrown95

I'd like to join.
I'm not sure what my sexuality is at this point. Have I had crushes on guys? Yes. Have I had crushes on girls? Honestly I'm not so sure. I mean sometimes I find myself staring at guys (and girls) if you know what I mean. I've always thought of myself as straight but like I said I don't know if I'm bii or not.
I have quite a few friends with different sexualties. I have a lesbian friend, a bii friend and a pansexual friend (pansexual means that you don't care, you'll love them no matter what they are.) I'm completely support gay/lesbian/bii/all kinds of sexuality. Your born that way, it's who you are.
My Mom, Grandma and brother are Catholic and Conservative so they're not so accepting of gays (no idea what my dad and other brother think.) I mean I'm Catholic too; I was raised to be a Catholic and I believe in God and Jesus. But I don't completely agree with the bible (there is a verse in there about homosexuals going to hell or something like that which I think is just completely wrong.)
I don't give a flying Hoothoot about politics really. In my opinion, they're screwed up enough as it is.
So yea...

Royal Arcanine

Same as what I've been doing for the last 17 years.. spending it alone.
Being single's not so bad though.
Same here ;-; Hi5!
I'd like to join.
I'm not sure what my sexuality is at this point. Have I had crushes on guys? Yes. Have I had crushes on girls? Honestly I'm not so sure. I mean sometimes I find myself staring at guys (and girls) if you know what I mean. I've always thought of myself as straight but like I said I don't know if I'm bii or not.
I have quite a few friends with different sexualties. I have a lesbian friend, a bii friend and a pansexual friend (pansexual means that you don't care, you'll love them no matter what they are.) I'm completely support gay/lesbian/bii/all kinds of sexuality. Your born that way, it's who you are.
My Mom, Grandma and brother are Catholic and Conservative so they're not so accepting of gays (no idea what my dad and other brother think.) I mean I'm Catholic too; I was raised to be a Catholic and I believe in God and Jesus. But I don't completely agree with the bible (there is a verse in there about homosexuals going to hell or something like that which I think is just completely wrong.)
I don't give a flying Hoothoot about politics really. In my opinion, they're screwed up enough as it is.
So yea...

Well welcome we're all here to support ^_^

I'd like to join.
So yea...

Welcome aboard, I too was raised in a "Jesus loving" household, so I know how hard things can be. But we are accepting and loving here so feel free to talk/chat/do whatever here :D

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
Hello all; I would like to join! I'm a bisexual male who has interest in all sorts of pairings and has an interest in crossdressing (though I don't do it a whole lot)

I have a lot of fun talking with people who are gay/bi as they seem to be a whole lot more open, and willing to talk about anything!

Thank you, and I'll see you around!

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
Thanks for the welcoming!

Yeah, I also noticed that a lot of them are very open, and sometimes on a level where it feels like a borderline relationship. I've only really talked to a few gay/bi/lesbians online, so its probably not everyone XD

Twidragon

To the Power of 27
Yeah, I can go on hours and hours about certain things

Last night I went into a deep conversation with someone about the whole Tennesee senator. Like about two or so hours and that homophobe XD

BTW, am I too late to the party to bring up that person?

Royal Arcanine

Hello all; I would like to join! I'm a bisexual male who has interest in all sorts of pairings and has an interest in crossdressing (though I don't do it a whole lot)

I have a lot of fun talking with people who are gay/bi as they seem to be a whole lot more open, and willing to talk about anything!

Thank you, and I'll see you around!

Welcome ^_^ I love talking

Status
Not open for further replies.