• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod

Pyroli

Banned
thank you :)

some of the things I've read here are saddening and others are infuriating and I can't help but feel like I know those feelings all too well.

All parts of being a teenager/young adult really, there are always the ups and the downs. Life has once again been looking up for me, this has probably been the happiest school year of my life. Although, trying to explain asexuality to people is still infuriating. But, meh.

Anyways, welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay at this fine establishment. ouo/

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Has anyone else gotten into arguments about the LGBT (and the rest, sorry, forgot your initials) issues? How do you guys react if someone is being disparaging towards people of an orientation other than heterosexuality?

I.. Really don't give a sh*t. I do automatically dislike the people judging though, but that goes for everyone judging others on stupid arguments.

Spookz

Lumos
Great news today: DOMA and Prop 8 have been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. I'm so excited by this, but its probably still going to take a while for all the states to legalize gay marriage.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Spookz said:
Great news today: DOMA and Prop 8 have been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. I'm so excited by this, but its probably still going to take a while for all the states to legalize gay marriage.

Words cannot express how happy I am. YESYESYES. After California repealed the decision to allow marriage equality, things began to look less progressive. At least now it's (mostly) all better. What prompted the DOMA was Hawaii wanting marriage equality...in 1993, and then people panicked (or, rather, Congress did).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/27/u.../json8.nytimes.com/pages/politics/index.jsonp

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs

Party Time? Party Time.

I'm really happy about this news. It's only a matter of time now before all the states follow suit. *throws confetti everywhere*

Bananarama

The light is coming
I'm so glad that California has same–sex marriage now! I can't wait to see who legalizes it next. My state, New Jersey, would have legalized it by now, if our governor wasn't so conservative... Hopefully he'll come to his senses soon.

Liltwick

*Part Squee Cannon Shots everywhere* Considering I live in Cali this is excellent news. Seriously, I hope that the other states start to follow suit soon, it's taken 5 years for Prop 8 to be eradicated, I don't want it back again.

Darato

(o,..,o)
I'm so glad that California has same–sex marriage now! I can't wait to see who legalizes it next. My state, New Jersey, would have legalized it by now, if our governor wasn't so conservative... Hopefully he'll come to his senses soon.

There's a chance might be Utah.

My dad's friend is a state senator for her and openly gay, and last night proposed to his boyfriend on TV.

L.F.D.

Liltwick

Hey, I would like to join if that okay...

Yea, that's perfectly fine, are you LGBTA (Whatever else there is) or are you just a supporter?

Anyways Darato that's always nice to hear about things like that. Seriously, I bet all the states would of legalized gay marriage by now if Congress didn't get their panties in a bunch when Hawaii wanted it in 1993. I'm still surprised Hawaii hasn't tried again now.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
this was pretty exciting news although it wouldn't affect my life directly it's nice to see others' get the treatment they deserve. especially after it was forcefully taken from them.

congrats to all :)

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Godric- Of course you can join, I am not sure why I started that list in the first place, but it got pretty big and lost count of everyone that joined.
Elysian- Try 2004-2005:p
Shadow- Oh wow, that's horrible, I hope I never upset you when I bought up religion here? (Well technically was just about my life, which involves my Christian friends so I am not sure if it counts). Hope you are okay now.
Sir- Again I hope me talking about my church and friends hasn't made you distance either.

Seriously I mean if it bothers you guys, I can stop it, was just more telling what's happening in my life since I disappear from months on end (Which the latest, I am moving again so I won't have the internet for almost a month I think), and it's just sharing but I can understand if it gets too much?

Spookz- Awesome, now to see what happens in Australia. Kevin Rudd just took over as prime minister here (Whether the election is still happening I am not sure, hmm) apparently he's a supporter of gay marriage, I think since he was a PM before and I don't recall gay marriage being legal, so we will have to see what happens.

Spookz

Lumos
I love this, straight to the point.

I'm hoping this whole DOMA thing gives Illinois the extra push to legalize gay marriage in the fall when they're (supposedly) voting on it. I was so disappointed they pushed it back, but now it's something to look forward to.

In other news, the Pride parade here is tomorrow. Not sure if we're going or not yet, we never made a definite decision. But if we do go, it'll be easy since the parade route starts just down the street from my apartment.

Godric

Petrew Petrew

oh how I detest that Chris Christie. He ruined the beautiful tunnel project that wold have brought New Jersians and New Yorkers closer together </3

Godric- Of course you can join, I am not sure why I started that list in the first place, but it got pretty big and lost count of everyone that joined.

Yeah, I noticed. maybe it might be time for a new write up (when you have time)

tumblr_m76e6ry2t81rzlmblo2_500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.