• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyones' talking about that DOMA thing and whatever.

Okay.

Cool.

Have gone back over the posts that've happened since I was last here and this stuck out to me and is partially related to the current question.

Whatever it is.

Well, most of us don't really have many happy stories, and being gay isn't all flowers and rainbows. (Well, some days. lol)
We're more of a support group for each others.

Do any of you guys have difficulty

living up to this stereotype?

For example;

In this place I used to work at there was a guy. Who was gay. And I'm gay too. But he was like the 'cool gay guy' who everyone liked and stuff and it uh. Made me look real like dull by comparison. I mean I was just being myself but y'know? It's like when someone says to you

'Oh you should meet this other friend of mine, he's gay too!'

I mean UGH since when is sexuality alone meant to be the one defining aspect that somehow

gives you the ability to get along with people.

Like people who know yr gay and automatically assume that you enjoy shopping with your friends-who-are-girls I dunno'.

What do you guys think.

In other news creativity is real useful for getting through hard times of bad feelings in yr head. Yes.

Darato

(o,..,o)
Being bi myself I'm in favor of it, but I feel a lot of people say they are since they feel it's a cool thing to say.

L.F.D.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I'm honestly bisexual myself. I like men a lot more than woman, but I still like girls from time to time. Honestly people need to understand that, in my opinion, that they're not on the fence. We aren't all 50/50 in liking genders, heck, I'm more of a 80/20 than anything. Does it mean I'm not sexual/romantically interested in woman? No, it's just that I'm morel likely to fall in love with a man than a woman. Though, you are who you are, as I say

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Being bi myself I'm in favor of it, but I feel a lot of people say they are since they feel it's a cool thing to say.

L.F.D.

I know way too many people that say they're bi when they're really just gay and it frustrates me because people like that are the reason why people think I'm gay. not that it bothers me but if I ever try to talk about girls, they just give me this look like "you don't even like girls" and I'm just like whatever think what you want but it does get on my nerves.

besides that, those who do believe me think I'm just greedy. like come on now. it's not a choice.

Sir- Again I hope me talking about my church and friends hasn't made you distance either.

Seriously I mean if it bothers you guys, I can stop it, was just more telling what's happening in my life since I disappear from months on end (Which the latest, I am moving again so I won't have the internet for almost a month I think), and it's just sharing but I can understand if it gets too much?
There's no problem at all. We all have our faiths and beliefs or lack there-of. It'd be crazy of me to expect others to not talk about it xD In fact I do believe in God, I just don't follow any religion or belief....no matter how weird that sounds.

For example;

In this place I used to work at there was a guy. Who was gay. And I'm gay too. But he was like the 'cool gay guy' who everyone liked and stuff and it uh. Made me look real like dull by comparison. I mean I was just being myself but y'know? It's like when someone says to you

I mean UGH since when is sexuality alone meant to be the one defining aspect that somehow

gives you the ability to get along with people.

Like people who know yr gay and automatically assume that you enjoy shopping with your friends-who-are-girls I dunno'.

What do you guys think.
I don't really follow the gay stigma. I wear flanel, I hate girly things and I just don't act gay at all...and why would you want to live up to the stereotype anyways? It's a horrible stereotype.
what's your guys' point of view on bisexuality?
I don't really know I mean it's a sexuality, who the hell cares? People will like who they like and that's that.

Godric

Petrew Petrew

Firstly you should never "[live] up to this stereotype." If your personality matches what a stereotypical gay guy is, then so be it. If you're not as feminine, then that is perfectly fine. Do you think all Mexicans wear sombreros and are 4'8"? Far from it.

I myself never fit into the gay stereotype and most people are surprised to find out that I'm gay, although I have moments where it's clearly evident haha.

I think you're putting too much thought into what other people think, or what you thought of this gay guy and then you projected that as everyone preferring one kind of gay to another kind. Gays come in all shades, as do straight people. You have the macho jock and then you have the geeky computer kid, it's all relative I think. But I will agree with you when it comes to people assuming that because you're gay you will automatically get along with some other gay guy/girl. It's like saying "hey I have this black friend, and since you're black too you'll get along perfectly!"

what's your guys' point of view on bisexuality?

I use to think that I was bisexual. More out of fear of being exclusively gay and what other people thought than the actual desire to be with a woman.
I can still say that "chick X is hot" and "so is Y and I would totally bang her, etc." but I don't think I could ever be in a sexual relationship with a woman. That ship sailed long ago. :p

The world' be a better place is everyone was bisexual.

Sure it may seem like it, but then what happens when someone is born exclusively straight or gay? Maybe they would be ridiculed and people would judge them because of their "choice."

crayak

I'd like to join! I don't feel comfortable disclosing information about myself just yet, since I don't know any of you... So just consider me a rainbow. :D

So, Minnesota legalized gay marriage a few days ago. This is another big step for us here in the U.S. 12 down, 38 to go

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
New Mexico! My birth-state!

I would love it if texas would legalize it, but we're primarily a red state, despite Austin's reputation. D:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
What Austin? Steve Austin? lol

He's referring to the capitol, Austin, Texas.

Anyways scrolling through a few pages back I found an interesting question I'd like to ask.

What qualities do you look for in people you like?

For me, I guess I like someone who's funny and outgoing, who's always upbeat and even childish at times. I guess to balance out me more calm demeanor, despite how competitive I can get. I do also like lighter hair colors over darker, and while I do like people younger than me for some reason o-o, I do like people who are around me height as well. Other than that I don't care, that much...

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I'd love to meet someone who loves to learn and always has a question to ask. I like talking to opinionated people, and I love to be in a relationship with one, too; so that'd be nice. I don't think I could stay for too long with someone who wasn't very passionate (in a friendly way), though-no offense Lost-just because I really value energy...also thoughtfulness, in all of its forms. I'm not looking for romance though, so...yeah.

Physically, I'm a hit and miss. No idea.

Bananarama

The light is coming
What qualities do you look for in people you like?

Hmm, tough question. I'm not really picky, but I like someone who is smart, funny and nice. Obviously, S/he'd have to be friendly to me, but if they treat anyone else badly, I would see them in a different light, to be honest.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I guess I should join this.

Hello all, I used to known as Piekid11 on Serebii, but I've changed my name to Noheart (in honor of Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts). My name is Matthias. I'm 17 years old, and was raised in a strict Catholic family. I hit puberty when I was in the 4th grade, which was when I started to notice my attraction to the same sex. To prevent from typing a wall of text of a life story, I pretty much grew up thinking I was a freak, a monster, and that I was going to burn in hell because of what I was feeling. It took several violent occasions with my father and a trip to the mental hospital to convince me that I was normal. This happened over a year ago when I came out, and I am still on bad terms with my parents. All of my friends however are very accepting of it and/or don't really care.

I've been in a relationship for about a year and a half now, and I couldn't be happier. I would like to pursue a career in writing and am planning on graduating High School this school year coming up. I've gone through some very depressing and troubling times, and not just because of my sexuality. I want to join this club because I like giving out advice/a listening ear to those who are in need of it. So uh... yeah. Hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.