• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Could I join? I'm a supporter :)

I guess I should join this.

Hello all, I used to known as Piekid11 on Serebii, but I've changed my name to Noheart (in honor of Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts). My name is Matthias. I'm 17 years old, and was raised in a strict Catholic family. I hit puberty when I was in the 4th grade, which was when I started to notice my attraction to the same sex. To prevent from typing a wall of text of a life story, I pretty much grew up thinking I was a freak, a monster, and that I was going to burn in hell because of what I was feeling. It took several violent occasions with my father and a trip to the mental hospital to convince me that I was normal. This happened over a year ago when I came out, and I am still on bad terms with my parents. All of my friends however are very accepting of it and/or don't really care.

I've been in a relationship for about a year and a half now, and I couldn't be happier. I would like to pursue a career in writing and am planning on graduating High School this school year coming up. I've gone through some very depressing and troubling times, and not just because of my sexuality. I want to join this club because I like giving out advice/a listening ear to those who are in need of it. So uh... yeah. Hi.

Anybody's Welcome to join. I'm currently working on my GED. In 2010 I got tired of the drama of High School and quit in the 11th grade. Took me awhile to get back around to the classes and everything.

I pretty much grew up thinking I was a freak, a monster, and that I was going to burn in hell because of what I was feeling.

I came from a strict Baptist family, so mainly the hate came from my father. But then again, around the age of 10 I just started looking at religions, and finally came to what I am now. Which is an Atheist.

Shadow- Oh wow, that's horrible, I hope I never upset you when I bought up religion here? (Well technically was just about my life, which involves my Christian friends so I am not sure if it counts). Hope you are okay now.
Sir- Again I hope me talking about my church and friends hasn't made you distance either.

As long as you don't try pushing religion on me, I have no problem. The world is full of people that believe in religion, but some try to push their religion on others. As for Sir, he is a believer, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Godric

Petrew Petrew

Hello all, I used to known as Piekid11 on Serebii, but I've changed my name to Noheart (in honor of Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts). My name is Matthias. I'm 17 years old, and was raised in a strict Catholic family. I hit puberty when I was in the 4th grade, which was when I started to notice my attraction to the same sex. To prevent from typing a wall of text of a life story, I pretty much grew up thinking I was a freak, a monster, and that I was going to burn in hell because of what I was feeling. It took several violent occasions with my father and a trip to the mental hospital to convince me that I was normal. This happened over a year ago when I came out, and I am still on bad terms with my parents. All of my friends however are very accepting of it and/or don't really care.

I've been in a relationship for about a year and a half now, and I couldn't be happier. I would like to pursue a career in writing and am planning on graduating High School this school year coming up. I've gone through some very depressing and troubling times, and not just because of my sexuality. I want to join this club because I like giving out advice/a listening ear to those who are in need of it. So uh... yeah. Hi.

Welcome! The more members the merrier. Especially active ones :p

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your parents, even a year after coming out. I'm still having trouble with my mom accepting the idea that I'm gay, she's convinced that it's "just a stage" and that I "will marry a girl someday." My father on the other had was incredibly supportive (he even said that I could bring my boyfriend over if I had one) which was surprising as he's usually pretty strict and stubborn.

If your relationship with your parents isn't the best because of their religious beliefs, have them read this: Just Because He Breathes. It's enough to make the most aggressive religious zealot question their hate or fear of homosexuality.

Actually I suggest everyone reads this, it's truly a well written and profound article.

Well how is everybody?

I'm happy I finally have a guy thats caring <3
:p So I'm happy

I'm...depressed, actually. I pushed away a guy who had a raging crush on me, and got kicked out of one of the few intellectual cliques left on the internet. Believe me when I tell you...I've never felt so alone.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Welcome! The more members the merrier. Especially active ones :p

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your parents, even a year after coming out. I'm still having trouble with my mom accepting the idea that I'm gay, she's convinced that it's "just a stage" and that I "will marry a girl someday." My father on the other had was incredibly supportive (he even said that I could bring my boyfriend over if I had one) which was surprising as he's usually pretty strict and stubborn.

If your relationship with your parents isn't the best because of their religious beliefs, have them read this: Just Because He Breathes. It's enough to make the most aggressive religious zealot question their hate or fear of homosexuality.

Actually I suggest everyone reads this, it's truly a well written and profound article.

That was truly moving. I've emailed it to my mother (and not my father, for I am sure that he'd denounce it as ******** and I would be the receiving end of his ignorant rage), not wishing to tell her to read it in person. Now to wait and see what happens.

@AbFabTrainerKira: I know the feeling. I was a very introverted child because of what I've said in the above post. I also grew up in a very heavily minority-populated community. Being white, you could imagine what it felt like to be pushed around for what color I was. It only served to send me deeper into depression, not to mention the feelings I had that confuse me.

Feel free to PM me if you so desire. The feeling of loneliness is the worst.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
That was truly moving. I've emailed it to my mother (and not my father, for I am sure that he'd denounce it as ******** and I would be the receiving end of his ignorant rage), not wishing to tell her to read it in person. Now to wait and see what happens.

Best of luck. Hopefully she see's the message you're trying to promote and not create something more dramatic like thinking you're using heavy drugs.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
I'm...depressed, actually. I pushed away a guy who had a raging crush on me, and got kicked out of one of the few intellectual cliques left on the internet. Believe me when I tell you...I've never felt so alone.

I'm sorry to hear, can you still talk to the guy?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So everyones' talking about that DOMA thing and whatever.

Okay.

Cool.

Have gone back over the posts that've happened since I was last here and this stuck out to me and is partially related to the current question.

Whatever it is.

Do any of you guys have difficulty

living up to this stereotype?

For example;

In this place I used to work at there was a guy. Who was gay. And I'm gay too. But he was like the 'cool gay guy' who everyone liked and stuff and it uh. Made me look real like dull by comparison. I mean I was just being myself but y'know? It's like when someone says to you

'Oh you should meet this other friend of mine, he's gay too!'

I mean UGH since when is sexuality alone meant to be the one defining aspect that somehow

gives you the ability to get along with people.

Like people who know yr gay and automatically assume that you enjoy shopping with your friends-who-are-girls I dunno'.

What do you guys think.

In other news creativity is real useful for getting through hard times of bad feelings in yr head. Yes.

What do you mean? I am the stereotype
lol, no. I'm just being me, really. Most lame answe in the history of answers but. Yeah, I don't think that much about it

And speaking of depressive stuff: I have a date, yay

alchimiste

Welcome to the club mate! I also come from a very strict, traditional Catholic family. And I also went to Catholic boarding school so I can relate to how you felt...

Pyroli

Banned
I live in Canada, so you know happiness all around really. But my family is quite homophobic, which isn't exactly fun and games all the time, especially when your own mom believes that you're gay. My mom mistakes my 'not so girly' nature for being gay, which is extremely weird. I've explained to her many many times that, no, I'm honestly not. Although I am a supporter (and she seems to think that being a supporter means that I'm gay as well asdfsvgdsfv).

I identify as a heteroromantic, as the boy I currently spend a lot of time with knows quite well. He's very sweet, and I've been away on vacation for awhile and his mom is allowing me to sleepover with his sister at their house so we can all hang out. vuv'

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I'm back guys. How are you all? I have been very busy with swim team.

I'm new, nice to meet ya. :p If I can still answer your question regardless; I'm doing pretty awesome right now. I might get this cashier job, and I'm excited to save up for my first car and to have money to get any video game I want >:3.

On a bad note I got sunburn when I was at my friend's pool over the weekend. Good thing I have an aloe plant, I've been breaking off the leaves and putting the gel on my shoulders and it feels great

IceBound

Ace Trainer
Hi. Im owen. I am gay.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Just extending a warm welcome to everyone new.

Anyways, I feel we're sort of a standstill right now in topics, so I don't mean to pry into this and you can share what you want with this. How is your love life right now?

Currently for me, I'm enjoying staying single. Even if my hormones are hitting me with battering rams called crushes, I still am trying to keep single just to think about things for a while. It also makes observing certain relationship types easier, and I know long-distance and I are somehow cursed.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Just extending a warm welcome to everyone new.

Anyways, I feel we're sort of a standstill right now in topics, so I don't mean to pry into this and you can share what you want with this. How is your love life right now?

Currently for me, I'm enjoying staying single. Even if my hormones are hitting me with battering rams called crushes, I still am trying to keep single just to think about things for a while. It also makes observing certain relationship types easier, and I know long-distance and I are somehow cursed.

My love life is a little weird. I like being single but there is this cute guy at work that I just met and I feel weirdly infatuated. I think about him way too often for it to be "nothing" and the weird part is that I was convinced I was straight. but besides that, I'm happy being single and I tend to let my hormones take control at times but I make sure to be responsible sooo yeah. that's my current love life. AKA non-existent :p

CGS

Shadow Lucario
How is your love life right now?

For me great, I love my BF and I know he loves me...went though a rough spot when an ex tried to break us up but its fine now.

Welcome to the club mate! I also come from a very strict, traditional Catholic family. And I also went to Catholic boarding school so I can relate to how you felt...

I come from a strict baptist family, though most of the family I'm an outcast for liking guys and the other way is being atheist.

Last edited:

IceBound

Ace Trainer
I'm pretty single... I always have been. I don't like it though.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
How is your love life right now?

Well, I am interested in a guy, and he have said he's interested in me, and we have yet to og out on a date that I hope to plan to be on Saturday

fenniken

fire master
can i join am bi

Status
Not open for further replies.