• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
^ I didn't choose to go, don't worry :)

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
i've a little silly question that none of you may even relate to but i feel like asking anyway

have you ever held back on something you really wanna do because you're just too self-conscious or afraid of negativity toward it specifically?
for example, me with singing, i've always wanted to sing actually, but i could never even attempt to, i've lived my whole life with a negative family so it gave me the mentality whether i sound good or not, im just too afraid to attempt it
so basically what im saying, am i the only one holding back on something i want to do because of fear?

I haven't been here in such a long time
Honestly I wasn't ever really here at all, but I used to lurk a lot.
Today I was on serebii to look at shiny XY pokemon and I subconsciously came to this club.

So hi Gay-Lesbian Alliance club! It's been a few years (since I posted like twice oops)
Nice to meet you all.

Bananarama

The light is coming
What is ex-gay therapy like? Is it as bad and torture-like as I thought? I'm glad it's illegal in my state, so I'll be safe if I ever come around to coming out to my conservative family.

What is ex-gay therapy like? Is it as bad and torture-like as I thought? I'm glad it's illegal in my state, so I'll be safe if I ever come around to coming out to my conservative family.
I don't know if any other members have experienced this, so I guess I'll field this one.

I would not consider it torture per-se. It is highly immoral in my viewpoint and it broke me. I left as soon as I was able to, luckily I was old enough. It really get's to you emotionally and I would not suggest it to anyone especially since they don't work.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I think if anybody ever unironically suggested ex-gay therapy to me I'd start screaming at them. Not that it's any of their bloody business in the first place. I sympathize to those who've had that suggested to them - what ********.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
It wasn't really as dramatic as others experiences have been. The thesis that the councilor based his treatment around was that, young, empathetic boys tend to be picked on and alienated by people of the same sex, and gravitate towards girls because of that. Around puberty, they start to sexualize the people they've been rejected by? I dunno...Oedipus is pretty weird too, and a 'genius' thought that one up. :p

Anyways, he recommended I make more guy friends, and try to be more comfortable in my identity as a male, which was interesting, I guess. Of course, I'm quite a no-bs person, so I told him up front about what I thought. Really, even if it was messed up, it was nice to talk to somebody about sexuality. Not too bad, and when I told my dad it wasn't working out, really, we stopped going. Nothing too bad, and honestly, I have to say I'm lucky to have parents who at least let me stop. I dunno..

have you ever held back on something you really wanna do because you're just too self-conscious or afraid of negativity toward it specifically?
for example, me with singing, i've always wanted to sing actually, but i could never even attempt to, i've lived my whole life with a negative family so it gave me the mentality whether i sound good or not, im just too afraid to attempt it
so basically what im saying, am i the only one holding back on something i want to do because of fear?

yeah, I do this a lot.. 0__0

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
yeah, I do this a lot.. 0__0
yeah it kinda is extremely annoying isnt it?

anyway i went today with my old friend to hang out, he told me about a guy(my other friend's brother) saying how we'll definitely get along together as we have almost exactly the same interests, same age, so i took his words seriously and i did get a little too interested, later on though before i return home, he said the guy was actually a douche cheater, a man***** as he called it
i got so disappointed to the point where it actually hurt, he told me it was all just a joke and he didnt mean anything he said actually, it was just sarcasm T-T

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Wow, it's been forever and a day since I've posted here. Life really has a habit of happening sometimes, doesn't it?

Anyhow, just wanted to say how totally thrilled I am with my school. I go to a Catholic school in Ontario, and there have been occasional battles here and there in the Catholic Boarx with regards to a Pride Club/ Gay Straight Alliance/ etc. A friend of mine who's bisexual decided she wanted to see if she could will one of these into being in our school, and met with virtually no opposition. The school Chaplain and the Principal both thought it was a terrific idea.

So we've got a Pride Club in our Catholic school. Didn't exactly see that one coming. Was always proud to be a part of the school, but I'm even prouder now. :)

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
yeah it kinda is extremely annoying isnt it?

anyway i went today with my old friend to hang out, he told me about a guy(my other friend's brother) saying how we'll definitely get along together as we have almost exactly the same interests, same age, so i took his words seriously and i did get a little too interested, later on though before i return home, he said the guy was actually a douche cheater, a man***** as he called it
i got so disappointed to the point where it actually hurt, he told me it was all just a joke and he didnt mean anything he said actually, it was just sarcasm T-T

oh gosh, he deserves a year in purgatory for getting your hopes up xD

And it is annoying! Also, whenever I do come out of my shell, I overwhelm everybody, with my excess of highly internalized nervous energy :p

OMG. I would have pushed him down some stairs. I honestly can't @ people like that. I think this guy in band is doing the same, I don't know if he's flirting with me or playing gay which a good number of straight guys do. Imma push 'em all down some stairs.

But, nothing much has been going on, except I found out someone in my band is gay (not the same guy mentioned above). Me and him were already good friends, so I told him afterwards that I'm gay. Now we're getting closer as friends, the sad thing is, I'm starting to like him a little. He just broke up with his boyfriend, so I'll avoid relationship topics with him, but I don't think I'll tell him because I don't want to ruin our friendship or get rejected. :/

Last edited:

Volts

Volt Tackle
I don't know if any other members have experienced this, so I guess I'll field this one.

I would not consider it torture per-se. It is highly immoral in my viewpoint and it broke me. I left as soon as I was able to, luckily I was old enough. It really get's to you emotionally and I would not suggest it to anyone especially since they don't work.
Like most things that's suppose to turn you straight. Had a friend that was supposedly shocked into being straight.

Anyways, had a rough week. Heads killing me, to much pain meds from the Doc that aren't doing anything.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
oh gosh, he deserves a year in purgatory for getting your hopes up xD

And it is annoying! Also, whenever I do come out of my shell, I overwhelm everybody, with my excess of highly internalized nervous energy :p
lol yeah i wanted to slap him so hard

i do sometimes come out of my shell as you say but when that happen, 1 of 2 things happens, i get addicted to whatever im doing or just vomit from being too nervous(poor bus driver and game shops and many other places including some guy's backyard) so yeah good stuff xD
OMG. I would have pushed him down some stairs. I honestly can't @ people like that. I think this guy in band is doing the same, I don't know if he's flirting with me or playing gay which a good number of straight guys do. Imma push 'em all down some stairs.

But, nothing much has been going on, except I found out someone in my band is gay (not the same guy mentioned above). Me and him were already good friends, so I told him afterwards that I'm gay. Now we're getting closer as friends, the sad thing is, I'm starting to like him a little. He just broke up with his boyfriend, so I'll avoid relationship topics with him, but I don't think I'll tell him because I don't want to ruin our friendship or get rejected. :/

there werent stairs but would pushing him into the street on rush hour do? jk :p
i think in your situation, best thing to do for him is make him forget about his old relationship and simply just enjoy being friends to the fullest until he approaches you, if not then wait until the perfect moment to come and then just ask him

Akarui Hoshi

The Bright Star
So umm... Posting here makes me feel awkward but umm... How do I put this?

I used to visit SerebiiForums quite a bit years ago when I used this site a lot (I forgot the password/e-mail to my old account) and whenever I lurked the Clubs forums, I would always notice this club, I'd lurk it a little, but I'd never post in it or say anything.

Well, I guess I'm saying something now? Ugh, I'll just say it. I'm 20 years old and since I was 12-13 (I can't remember the exact age), I realized that I liked guys. I thought it was a phase for the first few years I felt this way, but eventually I realized. I never even really found girls attractive, I just acted like I did, cause it was "cool" or what's socially accepted, or whatever.

In the past few years (starting in early 2010), I've been telling close friends and such that I'm gay, but I've never really posted it in public forums/sites. But I think I've been ridiculous. It's been so many years and I've been really sick of having to hide who I am. Like... I'm not even ashamed of being gay anymore, the only thing I worry about is my family finding out I'm gay since I'm 20 and unemployed/not going to school, that could actually negatively affect me IRL.

But as for online, I feel there's no reason to hide anything. I want to be myself here. So... I know this post was a bit long, but I just wanted to get this all off my chest. >_<

So, I'll ask simply. I'm a gay male and I'd like to join this club. Is that okay? ^^;

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
So umm... Posting here makes me feel awkward but umm... How do I put this?

I used to visit SerebiiForums quite a bit years ago when I used this site a lot (I forgot the password/e-mail to my old account) and whenever I lurked the Clubs forums, I would always notice this club, I'd lurk it a little, but I'd never post in it or say anything.

Well, I guess I'm saying something now? Ugh, I'll just say it. I'm 20 years old and since I was 12-13 (I can't remember the exact age), I realized that I liked guys. I thought it was a phase for the first few years I felt this way, but eventually I realized. I never even really found girls attractive, I just acted like I did, cause it was "cool" or what's socially accepted, or whatever.

In the past few years (starting in early 2010), I've been telling close friends and such that I'm gay, but I've never really posted it in public forums/sites. But I think I've been ridiculous. It's been so many years and I've been really sick of having to hide who I am. Like... I'm not even ashamed of being gay anymore, the only thing I worry about is my family finding out I'm gay since I'm 20 and unemployed/not going to school, that could actually negatively affect me IRL.

But as for online, I feel there's no reason to hide anything. I want to be myself here. So... I know this post was a bit long, but I just wanted to get this all off my chest. >_<

So, I'll ask simply. I'm a gay male and I'd like to join this club. Is that okay? ^^;

its good that you decided to come out of the closet(to some at least)
it feels good to just be who you are and not pretend to be the perfect guy in the eyes of others

welcome to the club

Akarui Hoshi

The Bright Star
Yeah, it definitely feels better to be myself. :D

Pretty much 99% of people online who know have accepted it and treat me the same. Well sometimes they make gay jokes , but it's all in a friendly nature. Heck, I myself make gay jokes to people who know I'm gay. To people who know I'm gay, I'm comfortable enough to even joke about it/talk about it casually, so it's all good. XD

Hopefully there'll be a time when it's safe for me to be out of the closet offline too, but for now, it's not the wisest thing to do. I'll wait until I live on my own or am going to college/live on campus or something before I do that. ^^;

Thanks for letting me in the club! Most of my friends are straight, so I decided to come here to talk with people that I can relate to in the sense of being gay. I hope that's not weird. ^^;

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
Yeah, it definitely feels better to be myself. :D

Pretty much 99% of people online who know have accepted it and treat me the same. Well sometimes they make gay jokes , but it's all in a friendly nature. Heck, I myself make gay jokes to people who know I'm gay. To people who know I'm gay, I'm comfortable enough to even joke about it/talk about it casually, so it's all good. XD

Hopefully there'll be a time when it's safe for me to be out of the closet offline too, but for now, it's not the wisest thing to do. I'll wait until I live on my own or am going to college/live on campus or something before I do that. ^^;

Thanks for letting me in the club! Most of my friends are straight, so I decided to come here to talk with people that I can relate to in the sense of being gay. I hope that's not weird. ^^;
yeah dont worry about it
i only have 2 friends who are gay but most of my friends are completely cool with me being gay, heck we all sometimes joke about many things like that too xD
its fun and awesome, but offline i live in a homophobic country so i kinda keep myself online majority of the time

and no need to thank me, everyone is welcome here

The only other gay friends I have are all gay men. Other lesbians in my area and I just don't seem to click very well. It's not that it's anyone's fault though, I don't support internalized homophobia. It's just most of the other girls I meet tend to have very different personalities than I do.

Kdude146

not sure if I posted this yet or not I am helping run to clubs at my college this year and I am the VP of both The Pokémon Club and GSA Club

there werent stairs but would pushing him into the street on rush hour do? jk :p
OMG You totally should have. xD
i think in your situation, best thing to do for him is make him forget about his old relationship and simply just enjoy being friends to the fullest until he approaches you, if not then wait until the perfect moment to come and then just ask him
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'm going to wait because others said it would be jerkish to want a relationship from him when he clearly didn't want to be in one in his last relationship. So I don't want a repeat.

The only other gay friends I have are all gay men. Other lesbians in my area and I just don't seem to click very well. It's not that it's anyone's fault though, I don't support internalized homophobia. It's just most of the other girls I meet tend to have very different personalities than I do.
I know what you mean, I never really got along with gay guys, they called me lame because I didn't go to wild parties and have sex like they do. But, there are some gay guys who I did get along with, but that's on here. ._.
not sure if I posted this yet or not I am helping run to clubs at my college this year and I am the VP of both The Pokémon Club and GSA Club
Ah, really? That's so cool, I'd love to be the VP of a Pokemon club at my school. :D

So, like the guy who I mentioned yesterday that I found out is gay, we're hanging out a lot and I'm liking where it's going, I still don't want to do anything because he just broke up with his boyfriend, but people like my band's Drum Major who is an open lesbian thought we were talking/flirting with each other because she gave me a look when she saw me sitting next to him on a bus back to our school. And then there's the other guy, we're getting closer and he wants to teach me how to play guitar, but he said some very sexual things to me through text messages today which makes me thinks he's serious. ._. And I saw him on Facebook (I have a Blackberry, so sadly I don't have an Instagram) and he says he's interested in women. I know every gay guy is going to put they're gay on there because they could be in the closet, but if this is another straight guy who's acting gay, I might just flip a table. (-_-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.