• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
my luck is getting a tiny bit better
got accepted in a college which starts 2 days after my birthday
started to appreciate my friends more cause most humanity suck
and all that gonna cost me internet for few days

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
On the topic of scents, I'm all for light scents: pleasing, but not too much. I don't think I could be with someone who dumps perfume/cologne on themselves, but a little spritz isn't too bad.

So, over the past few weeks, in the lounge of one of the campus buildings, I've sat across from this girl who was, to me, gorgeous. This was only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I didn't see her much, but today we talked. Kind of funny, in my opinion, how before she came over, we kept shooting quick glances at each other. Lovely discussion with her, and I think we're meeting up for dinner one day this weekend. I swear, if this is the girl date I've been looking for I can die a happy woman.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Confessed to the guy I like, and a second date is coming up. This is all New and eerie to me..... yikes

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
A bit deeper, and I know this sounds weird, but when you bathe before the date, use hot water and, if absolutely needed, a little non-scented soap. Clean well but don't eliminate your own natural scent. Above all, don't use fake scents, like scented shampoos, washes, deodorants, or colognes. You see, you want them to be able to become accustomed and attracted to your own natural scent, not something fake. Everyone has a natural scent, and that's a point of attraction. Smell clean, but smell like you. Scents can interfere with the natural pheromones your body produces.

Really? Wearing a nice scent is always a plus for me. Most guys here wear cologne, especially on a date. The whole point of finding a good scent is that it goes well with your natural scent, it doesn't really interfere with anything (unless you buy something that smells horrid on you or pour the whole bottle all over yourself). It just has to mix well.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
I guess my problem is that i don't act that to gay.

All it takes to act gay is to like someone of the same gender. ;P

Now, if you meant you don't act very effeminate, not many gay guys do (not that there's anything wrong with being fem). Gay people are just as varied as everyone else. It's just the more flamboyant ones are the ones that stand out the most, so they color everyone's perceptions of what gay guys are like. As far as I know you don't need to act any specific way to be gay. It's not in the job description. ;P (Although I have always suspected there's a gay underground and no one ever taught me the secret handshake.)

As far as scents, I love a guy with a nice cologne/perfume. I however am very bad about using them, I always forget. I have been known to have a bottle of perfume for over a year. -_-U

Also, for those of you who remember me. I have returned. For who knows how long, I am a fickle creature. >.<U

SilverCharizard

I guess my problem is that i don't act that to gay.
All it takes to act gay is to like someone of the same gender. ;P

Now, if you meant you don't act very effeminate, not many gay guys do (not that there's anything wrong with being fem). Gay people are just as varied as everyone else. It's just the more flamboyant ones are the ones that stand out the most, so they color everyone's perceptions of what gay guys are like. As far as I know you don't need to act any specific way to be gay. It's not in the job description. ;P (Although I have always suspected there's a gay underground and no one ever taught me the secret handshake.)

As far as scents, I love a guy with a nice cologne/perfume. I however am very bad about using them, I always forget. I have been known to have a bottle of perfume for over a year. -_-U

Also, for those of you who remember me. I have returned. For who knows how long, I am a fickle creature. >.<U

hello.

I meant very effeminate. I see on tv that those characters are and i just wish i could see one that was not. If there are any it would be awesome to know.

Gladeshadow

Hello everyone :) Mind if I join?
For some reason I really don't like the word Lesbian ¬_¬ So yeah instead lets just say I like women...

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
hello.

I meant very effeminate. I see on tv that those characters are and i just wish i could see one that was not. If there are any it would be awesome to know.

I know you meant effeminate, I was teasing and making a point. ;P <- my teasing face.

Yeah, the media is mostly run by straight white cis-gender men who don't seem to understand that not everyone is a straight white cis-gendered male. So finding accurate portrayals of minority groups can get to be difficult unless the content creator is a part of that minority group or takes care not to caricature that group.

Personally that lack of content is why I have written so many gay themed stories.

I'd like to join I'm trans granted have yet to really do anything about it. I kinda think my family is avoiding helping and think it will just go away. I would do stuff msyelf but really it is expensive and kidna hard to do it alone.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I'd like to join I'm trans granted have yet to really do anything about it. I kinda think my family is avoiding helping and think it will just go away. I would do stuff msyelf but really it is expensive and kidna hard to do it alone.

We have fellow trans members, and I really hope you can at least get some support from us!
I can't imagine how tough being alone on such a situation is. And yeah, most family members won't support you and will hope it is just a phase that "goes away" if they stop talking about it.

Yeah, family sucks.

We have fellow trans members, and I really hope you can at least get some support from us!
I can't imagine how tough being alone on such a situation is. And yeah, most family members won't support you and will hope it is just a phase that "goes away" if they stop talking about it.

Yeah, family sucks.

Really hope it is not as hard for the next gen of kids. I do think since our gen is more open minded to things that will help our kids in like 15 to 20 yrs.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat

Welcome to the club~! I'm one of those other trans* members that niedude was talking about. Haven't come out of the closet to my family, though; however, I do think that they would reject it (like they have with my asexuality). My dysphoria is bad and my mom wants to send me to a girls-only summer camp. ._. UGH

About representation in media: I don't think that I've seen very many LGBTQIA+ protagonists that aren't there to be a joke. That, or we're evil. Trans* people, according to much of the media, are either a joke, evil, or a villainous cariatacure. Then again, I don't think that I've ever seen an (aknowledged) non-binary trans* character in anything not an anime.

kondumbs

Hey guys! I would like to join :).
My names Chris and I'm gay

alomagicat

Even though I don't post here almost at all (just reading your convos is enough #creeper) I though it'd be a good idea to notify you that my username has in fact changed from magicat to alomagicat I changed it like 5 months ago and I just now am i realizing i never posted on here to tell you guys :p

Btw grammer is over rated! :D

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
i think i joined before but its bee such a long time so im just gonna go ahead and say i want to join just to be safe.

its nice to have a thread like this. i'm not gonna lie i have very few gay friends, mostly hang out with straight people/couples. not that there is anything wrong with that, i have a lot of good memories with my friends, though i've found myself say "i need more gay friends" more than just a few times. particularly if it involves sex or anime characters you like

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
I get to move home soon. Whee.

Man I'm gonna miss having my own place. But it's all in the name of saving up $$$.

lol i know that feeling, i havent been active online as much recently cause i lost internet and barely had enough to pay electricity and rent and all that crap
but moving back to my family would be a worse idea so i have to endure living on the edge until my college starts up again in 2 months :p

Status
Not open for further replies.