• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
And I haven't posted here in forever again. Yeah, I'm bad at keeping promises aren't I? Anyways I give the new members a warm welcome!~

Anyways my school has finally gotten a GSA, even so we haven't had the first meeting yet. The Christian Club gave us cookies, so that's a good sign. Anyways, I hope that they club is active once we have our first meeting! And I may or may not be using it to find a boyfriend

Gladeshadow

And I haven't posted here in forever again. Yeah, I'm bad at keeping promises aren't I? Anyways I give the new members a warm welcome!~

Anyways my school has finally gotten a GSA, even so we haven't had the first meeting yet. The Christian Club gave us cookies, so that's a good sign. Anyways, I hope that they club is active once we have our first meeting! And I may or may not be using it to find a boyfriend

Thanks for the warm welcome and hope your club (and search for a boyfriend) is successful :)

its nice to have a thread like this. i'm not gonna lie i have very few gay friends, mostly hang out with straight people/couples. not that there is anything wrong with that, i have a lot of good memories with my friends, though i've found myself say "i need more gay friends" more than just a few times. particularly if it involves sex or anime characters you like

Agreed. I'm the only gay person I know here and my sexuality is still a secret, even after nearly a year of figuring it out (end of March/beginning of April) There are gay bars, but they don't seem like a good idea - apparently everyone is twice my age, don't really take kindly to new people and sometimes groups hang around like there looking for trouble... fingers crossed no one leaves alone and runs into them. Being gay really sucks sometimes :(

I get to move home soon. Whee.

Man I'm gonna miss having my own place. But it's all in the name of saving up $$$.

Welcome new guys/gals/anything in between!

Thanks for the welcome. It will be worth it when you finally have enough money so keep reminding yourself that :)

how's everyone doing lately?

Not too bad thanks and yourself?

Misaka Mikoto - Welcome. Your family are probably just finding it difficult to know how to deal with it. You should do what's right for you and eventually they'll come to support that because they love you. You don't have to do anything alone now because you have the people in this club :)

kondumbs/Chris (whichever you prefer) - Welcome!

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.

Please dont do it for that reason ;.;
Anyway, there is plenty of information out there for GSA aside from National Day of Silence. Start by contacting local colleges and their GSA... they usually do outreach to high school GSA and helping them get situated :)

Guess speakers, ect... are all good :D

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
anyone excited for final fantasy 10 HD?
always wanted to play 10 but i wasnt lucky so im looking forward to the 21st so i can get my copy <3

niedude

Don't forget to grin
FFX was the game that got me into gaming in the first place. It was my first JRPG and is among my favorite games of all time.

I'm really, really thinking I might buy it, even though I own an original copy of FFX.

The Final Fantasy Franchise as a whole always had me, but recently I'm falling EVEN MORE in love with it than I already was. It's... misterious.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
The only Final Fantasy game that I've played wasn't turn-based, so that kinda turned me off. I like SRPGs more than action games, mostly because the camera always makes it its life goal to screw me over and, quite frankly, I'm bad at any action game besides the SSB ones.

In other news, my old computer's hard drive disk up and died on me, so I lost all of my work; luckily, the teachers at school are letting me have a few more days to complete my work. My crush seems to have fangirled over a lesbian YouTuber couple, so there might be hope for me; however, she seems convinced that there are two genders and two genders only and never shall the twain meet. One step forward, two steps back. My teachers always say "him/her" instead of "they", so my brain immediately thinks that I don't have to do that because I'm neither. Silly brain, you need more sleep.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
FFX is the only turn based Final Fantasy game, actually. Every other game uses a variant of the Active Time Battle system. Even X is a "false" turn based game, because each turn's order, even future turns, were shown through a list at the right side of the screen that you could see and use to plan your strategy, and also because each different skill you used had a sort of "invisible cooldown" that mimicked the ATB gauges in other games and meant that you could get your turn sooner or later.

So I'm not surprised.

Annnd... I'm very sorry, actually, but why exactly does a pronoun hurt so much? I'm not trying to judge, just understand. The way I see it, it's the intent that counts.
Like, if some guy I don't know calls me gay or queer, I'm probably gonna be upset. But if a friend does it, I find it funny and laugh.
Similarly, if someone called me a "he" if I had a penis but identified as a girl, I'd be "well it's okay, he doesn't know."

I think, at least. It's really hard to put myself in your position.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
@corrosion

Sorry if I'm approaching this question the wrong way, but are you biologically female but identify as androgynous or gender queer?

Also, I take it you're out about your gender identity?

I think the thing is that most cis gendered people are so used to seeing the world in terms of the gender binary that it's really difficult to see it anyother way (I know i struggle with this).

I would love to be able to give advice, but honestly I don't know enough about your situation in specific or trans* people's situation in general. I guess the most I can do is just say: Hang in there, higschool ends quickly enough and you'll be abl to move somewhere that's more open and inclusive.

Also, you're entitled to your feelings, so don't let anyone tell you that you're over reacting. (If I used any incorrect terminology, please let me know)

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
@niedude: Okay, that's good to know about the FF games. I have clumsy thumbs and sometimes drop my entire DS or 3DS if I'm not careful enough. I can't even complete Kingdom Hearts re: Coded, so that should give you an idea of my skill level (it didn't help that the top screen kept on flopping down on my fingers since the right connecter is broken); then again, it may have been the camera.

@niedude and BlazekickBlaziken: I am female assigned at birth (biological gender, sorta. Who the hell knows what my brain looks like and that is what controls gender identity) and non-binary. I'm not committing to a label other than that one. I'm not out (kinda. I haven't announced it out loud), but I've been giving major hints (saying that there are more than two genders, not saying that I'm a girl, FREAKING COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET ON THE EMAIL STATUS THINGY [no one actually pays any attention to that]). I'll forgive a person once if they know, since, eh, but more than that NOPE.

The pronoun thing, for me, is mostly: if my pronouns are not real, then I am not real; therefore, I am a lying liar. If people don't use the proper pronouns, then they do not recognize my identity. My anxiety levels are pretty high and this just compounds upon it. I'm sorry if I didn't explain it properly.

I'm actually in a pretty inclusive place (Hawai'i), but I'll need to head out to somewhere else for college.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
Yeah, as someone who dropped hints before he came out, people choose to ignore those. They don't want to deal with it and probably won't unless they are forced to. >.<

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Eeeh, Haven't posted here in a while..

Stuff's going pretty darn good when I don't worry about trivial stuff like love and all that cr*p. But on the note of trivial stuff, I may or may not have Asperbers syndrome at some degree.
Because all my personal sh*t just wasn't enough

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
hello schade…((do I know you? so many people have changed this renames lately…)) I have aspergers syndrome, and it's not really that bad. I mean, it's basically the source of all my personal "sh~t" and knowing my symptoms and knowing my quirks helps me get through them. Not everybody fits all the details, but being diagnose dis a good stepping stone to self improvement. :)

I haven't posted anything here in a while, but I have a favor to ask. There's this petition circulating on tumblr, to have the US legally recognize non-binary genders. it's already at 30,000+ after just two days, and we have a month to get to 100,000. if you guys could sign it, after making an account (and it won't spam your emails, don't worry), it'd be awesome of you. you don't have to be a US citizen, or be 18 and up, you just have to give your initials and your email, and they'll provide you a password and everything. I'd really, really appreciate it, and non binary people rate a part of the LGBTQIA+++ group, and we should watch out for them, too. So, yeah. get cracking ^^;

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
moved to a new house, a cheaper yet bigger and better house, i can actually invite people in without feeling embarrassed(not that i ever invited anyone)
got hit on by quite few people but long story short, they only cared for the face and most likely the southern tower
buuut on the bright side, i got avatar the last airbender comics which are amazing and make me wanna rewatch the whole show repeatedly(today marks the 60th(give or take some) time i watched the whole show from start to end)
oh and i bought the batman trilogy, sadly i have to wait cause i recently found out my new laptop doesnt support blu-ray for some stupid reason

with that out of my chest, what comics/manga do you guys like? i plan to get teen titans comics but cant decide with so many different titan comics around

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Eeh? Well, I decided to ignore it, as my mom freaked out and went totally "NOPE" when I told her of my concern. She's totally fine With me being gay, butthe thought of me having a diagnose is apparently pretty bad. lol

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
im starting to believe where i live is filled with douchebags
the other day i was ditched infront of a hotel after someone asked to meet me... i dont even know why bother beg for a meeting and then run away
im slowly starting to believe there are no longer any decent people around here >_>

Hey y'all, been a long time since I posted.

Been doing pretty good, have pretty much all the money I need saved to move. But I'm also working alot, bringing home work.....it's kinda rough lol. But I'm puttering on. Came reeeeeeeeeeeally close to buying a puppy omg he was so cute!!!!! But I told myself now is no time for a puppy -__- Charlie woulda killed it anyways lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.