• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
I haven't. I still need to watch a certain Brazilian movie. >.>

So I've got a long story to tell.

Right now, I'm going to school for a Master's in Social Work. I still don't know what I want to do with it. I know I want to do clinical counseling. But my focus is unclear.

Those are strong histories. I would have tried to help the Chinese guy a bit more because people deceiving themselves is sad.
You should choose a way without fear. If you see it doesn't fit you, jump to another area. I don't see much problem on getting masters on one area and getting doctoral on another area (I've seen that myself). The dual experience may even be helpful in the future.

This week I decided to not be silent anymore. I will defend the LGBT people on social media, "like" the clever messages, even share the UN video for LGBT rights. I don't care if high school people find out and tell my brother, I'm ready to deal with family.
After a good acquaintance from high school (who respects me a lot) defended a homophobe candidate under the "freedom of speech" (said candidate incited hate against LGBT on a debate Monday), I had to comment saying how that was wrong. i like how we are still discussing (and hopefully I'll fix at least the misinformation).

I don't need to come out to discuss that, but now I'm ready to tell the truth if anyone asks me if I'm gay.

Last edited:

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
So, there are some really nice guys who I play volleyball with. But I have no idea if they like other guys (probably not).

As I said, everything is easier in parties (FINALLY I'm going to attend one Friday), but I need to learn how to get closer with people in more reliable, "regular" situations.
I already missed the chance to do anything with a sweet Argentinean guy who got a bit close to me due to having the same name. He would stay here for only 1 month. During the very last training day, I tried to wait until the end of the "bonus" time, but it was getting late and he still was playing... I built courage to talk to him the next time, but there wasn't next time. >.<

Now there is this new guy who usually plays on the next court. We played together last Thursday in order to complete the teams scheduled after us, and he is pretty friendly. We were the tallest guys during the game, so we got a bit close (by trying to block a harsh attacker xD).
I really want to call him to do something, but, unlike the Argentinean guy, this isn't exactly a "nothing to lose". Damn, I should just try some movie or cultural stuff and see if we get to know each other better with talks (awesome if it includes soft-claiming the sexual orientations).

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
The more I read here (I lurk a lot >->) I realize that I am far too blunt about 'things'. Generally when I want to ask a guy out, I just do it. If hes not gay the he can take it as a compliment.

Generally its not an issue. But it just seems like a lot of people here are more subtle than I am, maybe I should learn from it.

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Well, I do that in parties. xD
It's easier when I know I probably won't see the guy again. But if it's with someone you might befriend, there is that awkward feeling forever...

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Haven't posted on here for a while, so I might as well do so...

I've had a bunch of fun with my boyfriend so far (a lot of drama as well, but the fun outweighs it). There's a good chance my brother might finally figure things out tomorrow as I'm supposed to be taking the bus that my brother "takes" to work. My boyfriend claims he's never seen my brother on the bus nor has another friend who takes this particular bus (which leaves near my house at 6:30am rather than 7:45 or 8:15), but knowing my luck my brother will take it tomorrow once he realizes I'm taking it (because otherwise someone will know he doesn't take the bus like he claims). I'm ready to deal with things if I need to though. I'm tired of being paranoid about what my brother thinks/knows about me.

Speaking of my boyfriend, he dressed up for a drag ball my school did (and looked really good honestly xD). It was a new experience for me to see guys dressed up as girls (especially the professional ones which looked like they not only shaved their legs but put makeup everywhere to blend everything). I also recently learned snapchat allows people to video chat assuming both are connected and looking at the same conversation, so I have a way to see him in addition to simply talking to him :3

Nyoah

The Dark Azure
been forever since i posted here
got a bit busy too busy
how is everyone? anyone got into a new game/comic/series?
i've started watching gotham, flash, constantine, and the walking dead

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Nice to hear your updates, rovert. x)

been forever since i posted here
got a bit busy too busy
how is everyone? anyone got into a new game/comic/series?
i've started watching gotham, flash, constantine, and the walking dead

I started Haikyuu!! this week. First episode had a perfect tempo (not super rushed like Kill la Kill or Star Driver, and not too slow like... many others). <3 Volleyball

On other news, the party last Friday was awesome. Kissed 6 or 7 guys, got 1 cell number. We will try to go out this Friday. :)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Americas next top model, eh? What season? I really enjoyed watching that show myself. It is suprisingly good.
The Norwegian Top Model could be better, if not that judge, Donna was there... Ugh!

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
The closest thing I watched was an episode of Project Runaway. xD

Well, in a sober date, that guy wasn't what I expected...
Not only a slightly annoying personality, but the way he speaks is identical to my last literature teacher from high school, and I hated him. u_u

Well, time to stock up more courage to know that volleyball guy better.
I kind of got his number via a whatsapp group (for the volleyball people), but talking there out of nowhere would be too creepy. <.<

edit Shedinja'd by casskingdra =/
If you are LGBT-friendly, that's enough to be welcome'd. x)

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
You what I'm sick hearing all the time? How homophobes complain that homosexuality is being shoved down their throats. Well how do they think GAYS and LESBIANS feel about it being shoved in their face. I mean heterosexuality is literally everywhere and maybe the LGBT community is sick of it. Oh sure a man and woman can kiss on TV or even two WOMEN but God forbid if two men kiss. I just find it all hypocritical.

I know, doesn't really make sense for it to be LGB and not LGBTQ+. I'm assuming it's the latter though... I'm ace myself.

I was thinking that, it seems counterproductive to not include all members of the community. But then the name of the thread just confused me.

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
There is a good (yet brief) description on the OP. And IIRC, TC is a straight guy. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.