• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Hey people, have you ever know someone who's not homophobic, but extremely stubborn and even conservative on other issues?

I find it so weird. '-'

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Hey people, have you ever know someone who's not homophobic, but extremely stubborn and even conservative on other issues?

I find it so weird. '-'

I know one guy who isn't homophobic but really ignorant as far as a lot of things are concerned, most notably black issues and female issues, both of which are very pertinent to my life saying as my boyfriend happens to be black, we both happen to be feminists, and we're two of the three guys working at my college's women's center. Soooooo yeah, it's annoying to talk to him at times.

It's even more depressing because he's one of the few people I know who plays pokemon and he's so stupid :/

Chili

I find it so weird. '-'

You just described 3/4 of my school! Man, some people can be so annoying when they act like that.

Anyways, man has this week been something. I won Male With The Best Style and I got my high school course selection form today. Man, high school cannot come any sooner. A lot of people in my school who I thought would be the best of friends turned out to be real jerks. I've made a mixture of enemies and good friends but the enemies chose to be. I'm really just excited for the next chapter in my life. If you guys can, tell me some electives you took! I would love to see your interests as I am picking mine.

Secondly, American Horror Story:Freakshow had it's finale and I teared up so much! You guys should really watch it if you aren't already.

Sohryu

Be a Man!

I find it so weird. '-'

Somehow... Myself. Even being bisexual and all of that, I'm very conservative and I am not much prone to changes. This includes sexuality "acceptances" on media. I can't get much fine with it, although I won't say anything or the likes, I feel some discomfort. I prefer to not see music clips or watch TV that will most likely show a bad case of it.
Although I liked the "first" (most known, at least) gay kiss on TV here in Brazil. But with all others homosexual relationships on media, I don't see to feel easier.
But really, it only applies to how media show homosexuality and how much of my few gay friends love the idea and all. And some criticise the lack of it. I still like straight relationships more for most stories. Maybe because I'm bisexual.

But I'm not stubborn though. I prefer to maintain my opinions to myself except when directly asked for me.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL

I find it so weird. '-'

my vast vocabulary is failing me right now. So if this doesn't come out the way I'm thinking it then I apologize.

Now personally I'm for all rights ie: Gender equality, gay/lesbian/bi rights, etc etc. Quite frankly I'm this way because I don't believe I deserve any of the rights I have.
but I don't expect everyone to think/feel/believe like me.
I understand how hypocritical it sounds for someone to believe in gay rights but not in other issues, everyone has different viewpoints. also sorry if this sounds lecturing Ik what I want to convey but for the life of me I can't put it into words

since words still fail me I'll just leave it at: it's possible to believe one thing but not another. I mean, I believe that it's possible for everyone to find their love. Their person to love and be loved by, but I don't believe it's possible for me to find that person. That sounds hypocritical, but I just. I don't see that beauty, that shine, that I can see in others, see in my surroundings when I look at myself. I've come to accept it, not everyone can be beautiful i guess. And while I may never be happy with myself, I feel blessed to be able to see what I do. I'm getting too off topic now.

How is everyone? ^w^
College just started back for me, can't believe I'm in my 3rd semester already >.<

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Hey, thank you all for sharing your views, and glad to know this didn't cause any harsh debate.
I suppose I was just too upset with my mom when I posted that. xD

Because the last weeks have been so difficult. I'm considering moving out again.
Idk if I said it here, but I'm lucky she isn't homophobic. Because she wouldn't change her mind easily. She turns my advice/discussion into a fight almost instantly, and this has becoming so common. And it's not even 1 year since I moved back.
Now I'm very inclined to live closer to campus again, as soon as I get another income source (master's scholarship ends in 2 months ;_;)

I'm really just excited for the next chapter in my life. If you guys can, tell me some electives you took! I would love to see your interests as I am picking mine.
There is no such a thing in this country, but I suggest you to take calculus and some programming language. =]

Chili

Hey, thank you all for sharing your views, and glad to know this didn't cause any harsh debate.
I suppose I was just too upset with my mom when I posted that. xD

Because the last weeks have been so difficult. I'm considering moving out again.
Idk if I said it here, but I'm lucky she isn't homophobic. Because she wouldn't change her mind easily. She turns my advice/discussion into a fight almost instantly, and this has becoming so common. And it's not even 1 year since I moved back.
Now I'm very inclined to live closer to campus again, as soon as I get another income source (master's scholarship ends in 2 months ;_;)

There is no such a thing in this country, but I suggest you to take calculus and some programming language. =]

Eh, Computer programming is not my forte or something im interested in. Thanks though!

So here's what I got...

Freshman Year
Spanish 2 and Chorus (Parents make me take Spanish for high school credit when I'm already fluent.)
Sophmore
Spanish 3 and Chorus

For Junior and Senior I know I'll still be taking Spanish and Chorus but I have no idea if I want to pick up German in Junior or Fashion Designing.

Pyroli

Banned
I'm really just excited for the next chapter in my life. If you guys can, tell me some electives you took! I would love to see your interests as I am picking mine.

I'm doing Grade 12 Art and Drama, Computer Programming, and Personal Psychology. However my college elective list for September is much more interesting and involves Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, and Religious Studies.

Chili

I'm doing Grade 12 Art and Drama, Computer Programming, and Personal Psychology. However my college elective list for September is much more interesting and involves Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, and Religious Studies.

Sounds interesting! I haven't even started thinking about my college life. I'd like to do something in the stock market, possibly open a buisness, or be a famous actor or singer. Need things to fall back on.

CGS

Shadow Lucario
It's good to see this still going, haven't been on since August last year. Mainly due to college and some personal issues involving family. I seen the word "media" brought up, I can't really say anything on that due to not watching tv. I haven't watched TV in over 2 years. At first it was due to no cable/dish, got use to it after awhile.

I took an IT Certification, will be going back sometime after my surgery to take Robotics, anything in the computer field would be good for me. As for you, depends on your interest, check local community college or university's in your area and see what fits you best.

Sounds like my dad, as soon as he found out I was Bisexual, I didn't have to worry about moving out. He kicked me out, of course my mother was shocked but, didn't hate me for it. But, my dad was stubborn in the bible. Basically, I was forsaken my religion and would burn in "hell". Now my dad has gotten over it, but still pitches fights every now and again.

Chili

It's good to see this still going, haven't been on since August last year. Mainly due to college and some personal issues involving family. I seen the word "media" brought up, I can't really say anything on that due to not watching tv. I haven't watched TV in over 2 years. At first it was due to no cable/dish, got use to it after awhile.

I took an IT Certification, will be going back sometime after my surgery to take Robotics, anything in the computer field would be good for me. As for you, depends on your interest, check local community college or university's in your area and see what fits you best.

Sounds like my dad, as soon as he found out I was Bisexual, I didn't have to worry about moving out. He kicked me out, of course my mother was shocked but, didn't hate me for it. But, my dad was stubborn in the bible. Basically, I was forsaken my religion and would burn in "hell". Now my dad has gotten over it, but still pitches fights every now and again.

Was actually talking about High School but that is still really cool! I'm not really a computer person so i'm not really looking for a class like that.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Hey all! hope y'all are doing well.

so recently I've formed a crush on a classmate(college) and over the silliest of things. He started a conversation with me by asking me what videogames I played, and the conversation went from there. Now to clarify I don't remember ever mentioning playing videogames around him (and I'm an avid player) so it surprised me a lot. It was.......refreshing, so ofc now I can't stop thinking about him. Doesn't help that he looks so ...........huggable >:V

Oh well, I've already chained myself to the lonely corner. If I can't put up with my own crap how can I expect someone else?

Chili

Hey all! hope y'all are doing well.

so recently I've formed a crush on a classmate(college) and over the silliest of things. He started a conversation with me by asking me what videogames I played, and the conversation went from there. Now to clarify I don't remember ever mentioning playing videogames around him (and I'm an avid player) so it surprised me a lot. It was.......refreshing, so ofc now I can't stop thinking about him. Doesn't help that he looks so ...........huggable >:V

Oh well, I've already chained myself to the lonely corner. If I can't put up with my own crap how can I expect someone else?

My advice, don't get really attached and infatuated with him. (TRUST ME I KNOW ITS REALLY HARD TO NOT) If he isn't gay, bi, etc then you'll just be kinda sad and wanting something that isn't. Best of luck to you though!

Pyroli

Banned
Hey guys, it's time for updates from me as well. Um, within the last 5 months or so I started developing a crush on one of my close friends; he was straight as far as I knew. He started becoming my source of venting due to some issues I had been having at home, as my best friend is really busy with issues of his own as his parents are in the process of getting a divorce. One night him and I walked from our city's bus terminal to the mall (a huge walk, it took us two hours) and we talked the entire time. (this was about 3 weeks ago). Him and I then stopped in one of our city's many Tim Hortons and had a cup of coffee along with me confessing all my feelings to him that I had had over that length of time, I found out that the feeling was mutual. After that we started dating and my mom layed off of me a lot because she really likes this guy; and I really like this guy. Everything is still super casual between us, other than the fact that he usually calls me 'babe' and kisses me; and it honestly feels like we're friends first and a couple second which is really nice. Over talking to him I found out that he's a grey-asexual, however only attracted to women; which is very similar to the fact that I am a Heteromantic Asexual, which is really cool.

And he's really nice and he treats me like gold and actually takes me on dates and stuff which is really different compared to every other relationship I've been in. It could be the fact that he's a year older than me, and rather mature already. (He's 18, and he really does act like it.) Whereas the other guy (one) that I dated was younger than me and really could care less about having a girlfriend and would rather just play Starcraft.

And that's my updates, I hope you guys do well in your endeavors. ~

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Honestly, just once I'd like to meet a guy who WON'T abandon me and act like I never existed afterwards....

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Mogar, I envy you (in a good way). Congrats for that match! x)

Honestly, just once I'd like to meet a guy who WON'T abandon me and act like I never existed afterwards....

All my "party dates" did that to me. xD
(Although the last one was kind of mutual. <.<)

Quick updates:
1) Suddenly, I got very busy at university.
Last week I taught my first class ever (I signed up for a lab monitor position, but there are hundreds of engineering students so the professors can't teach them all). It was terrible during the ppt presentation, but the experiment worked well. Half of the guys there are just too cute. o.o

2) I met another guy on that dating app. More than a month ago. He's insanely busy (requested to work 6-21), so we couldn't meet personally yet. Forget what I said about the previous guy, I talk to this one almost every day, at least a couple of messages. I fear the things get cold if we don't meet soon...

3) Party for the freshmen last Friday!
I know it sounds a bit unfair to the app guy, but I kissed some guys both at the Physics and at the Biology parties. Got the phone number from one of them, then he found me on FB. We don't text so much yet, I won't "invest" on him while I have hopes for the app guy.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
All my "party dates" did that to me. xD
(Although the last one was kind of mutual. <.<)

Sad thing is that I am constantly abandoned online on dating sites. No one will even approach me in public unless they are drunk and the guys that DO want me only for a one night stand. And the guys that abandon me online I don't even do anything with them except talk online. I'm pathetic. No one wants me and sometimes I think I should just give up all together because if no one has wanted me all these years then who would want me now?

Ketaru

I gave up on online dating. Mostly because I don't think there is anybody out there compatible with me. Something that is pretty much not up for negotiation is that the dude of my dreams must have an unabashedly nerdy geeky side. And a lot of guys just...don't. Or are unwilling to put it out in the open, much less on dating websites (or, heaven forbid, hookup app profiles!). I won't meet people on dating sites or on apps because people just don't interest me. Dating profiles are pretty much gym, gym, masculine, gym, workoutbuddy, six-pack abs and six-figure salary, gym, must be willing to travel the world on a moments notice...oh, and go to the gym.

I was hanging out at my school's LGBT lounge and have been trying something. There are four computers in the lounge for people to use, so I've been using those computers to look up Pokemon strategy websites when I've got no school work to do. I just leave the website up and go to do something else like study. Some guy comes in, looks at the screen, and says, "Who's looking at Pokemon?!" And we just end up talking about our experiences with the game. I've seen this guy around and would never have pegged him for a gamer.

It's a shame. It's almost like you have to trick gay guys into admitting they like stereotypically geeky stuff. Since I'm in no rush to get into a relationship, I've just decided I will continue going to gaming events, meetup, and the like until I do actually meet someone the organic, in-person way.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My problem is that there is literally only ONE gay bar in my area. And it's only open Tuesday through Saturday from 9 PM to 2 AM. It is very inconvenient and gay and lesbians in my area have to go at least 25 minutes or more to go to any more gay bars or even social spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.