• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
So, yet again Tooth already knows about this, but it's whatever

My boyfriend's mom decided she didn't like the way he was treating her (specifically by responding with "what is it?" and calling her "her") when she was asking him about this therapy group he was going to and how she thought he was supposed to be going in for one on one therapy and how he never told her he wanted a group, so they all of a sudden lied to him at the office and made him go to the group he didn't want to go to (not to mention she thinks that they're random people and not that it's all LGBT people and is run by a licensed social worker). She told him that if I didn't need a ride home (because he told me not to go in her car - probably because she was angry), he didn't need me to come over their house again. Ever.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Sorry I don't post here often, but I just wanted to say congrats to everyone doing well and I hope things look up for those having troubles. Have a great day everyone! :)

Amaterasu123

Hello.
I am a heterosexual girl, and I recently fell in love with a friend of mine. My problem is, that he is homosexual ... (How often does that happen to you guys, falling in love with someone with a different sexuality? :/ )
I am frustrated, because I knew he was homosexual when I fell in love with him, and I still did.
Plus, I have to hide my feelings. He doesn't want to come out, and got me to swear on not telling anyone about his sexuality. I have to pretend in front of everyone, that he is hetero and we are just friends.
I feel I have to tell someone about this though, without breaking my promise, so that's why I'm here.
I guess the feelings will go away eventually, but yeah. :/

Any advice, or just encouragement, please?

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
^ sounds like a horrible situation for you but there's really nothing you can do. If it would give you some kind of closure you could tell him since you seem to be close but it's completely understandable if you don't want to. But the only thing you can do in that situation is not act upon it and get over it as soon as possible. It could be tough to hear but there's no alternative.

Amaterasu123

Thank you for answering, really.
I actually already told him, and he obviously wasn't very happy to hear that. I told him it's my problem, not his, but maybe he just cared about me.
But yeah I feel it was the right thing to do. Last time I was in love I didn't tell the guy in 3 years, and I regret that, because what did I have to lose, heh.
The next day though I told him "I think I was mistaking yesterday, so don't think about it too much, please". I thought telling myself that I'm not in love would make the feelings go away, but I turned out I just felt bad from trying to lie to myself, so I stopped that.
On the other hand I got a hug from him a few weeks ago (because I won't see him in the summer), and it was really nice. <33

Schade

Metallic Wonder
So I was asked out on a roadtrip-date by a guy I went on 2 dates with sometime before christmas last year. And here I thought I scared him off.

Poisoned Youth

Sultan of Snark
I'm sorry if this is a bit late, but can I join? I'm heterosexual, but a strong supporter of gay rights and can offer okayish advice.

Creyk

^It's nice to see this issue progress so well. Obviously change takes time but the world is moving in the right direction

Ketaru

^It's nice to see this issue progress so well. Obviously change takes time but the world is moving in the right direction

The only thing I would worry about is supporter resources going dry now that marriage is legal. There is still discrimination out there, with trans issues becoming more prominent than ever. More than that, there is no universal protection against employment discrimination, which I would argue is more important than marriage.

And not to be a party pooper, but I also have this foreboding sense that there will be backlash, even violent backlash- if the Charleston, SC shooting is anything to go by, enemies of progress have some sick sociopaths among them.

EDIT- Incidenally, marriage equality happened on "The Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual-Alliance-Club" page 1337.

Last edited:

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
Its been a while since I last posted in this club *gives everyone a ginormous hug* First off its awesome that the whole US, it is now legal to be married to the same sex.

Now getting to my story; I left my ******* of a fiance recently for being abusive. (And stay gone this time. I went back to him back i in February after leaving the first time in January)

I found out something about myself that I had never discovered or realized before until I met two friends when I was working at Circle k. One had a Mohawk and was into hard rock and metal; the other had to be the smartest and hottest looking person I have ever seen. Every night they came in talking amongst themselves in various debates. In one, I heard my friend whom I've developed an honest crush on state that they like girls so I immediately was hopeful that I might have someone to fall back on if James died or we broke up.

A couple nights later they can in and bought somethings to leave soon afterwards, but to come back in again saying to me "I have tits" I felt horrible confusing her for a guy before but then what she told me next made a bit of sense. She's transexual.

I was almost more attracted at this point but confused the ever living fuck out of me; "am I bisexual?" I've never been attracted to another girl before until now. Maybe I always was and never realized it? I then asked James "would you be mad at me if I were to date someone after you died?" He was actually very supportive of me in this case, not that it stopped me from crying. I don't even know why I did, I just bawled for an hour out of raw emotion I suppose.

A couple weeks past and my friend started coming over to hang out with us. We were watching Death Parade (awesome anime). With her sitting next to us, I couldn't help but get squirmy. My face turned brighter red than my work shirts. After that I confessed how cute she looked and that I liked her right in front of James. She thought it was adorable.

She the told me, I'm not nesassarily bi, I'm what's called "pansexual". I like a certain gender in most cases but there's exceptions. This also applies to people who're attracted to transexuals like in my case.

Months had past and I broke up with James for hitting me at the begining of June. My friend took me in so she's looking after me which is awesome. Only this is, is that she's not looking for a relationship.

Last edited:

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
o.o

I'm sorry if this is a bit late, but can I join? I'm heterosexual, but a strong supporter of gay rights and can offer okayish advice.
I suppose you are welcome. =]

And congrats USA.

So, update time.
I'm still very busy with my dissertation. I dropped a lot of things, except my Japanese classes.
Well, now I have a little crush on a classmate there. I found out he's gay when I added him on FB. We kind of match but Idk why I haven't been able to get closer.
I decided I'm just going to ask him out and see what happens. I planned to do this last Thursday, but some schedules changing made me freeze. I planned other stuff, talked to him today afterclass, but right when I was getting to the point, he calls someone on cellphone and goes away (at least he said "good bye" -_-).

This Thursday is our last class, so I WILL ask him out no matter what!

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Thanks..

I missed the opportunity to do it in person, but I decided to text him anyway (I have his number from our class' whatsapp group). Apparently, he's with someone else already. >_<

Kdude146

I hope everyone is doing well it has been a very long time since my last post so here is my update. Back in January I went back to school and I met this guy and we connected and clicked right away and we started dating at the end of January and this was my first real relationship. We had a mutual break up at the end of May because I moved back home for the summer and at the time I was super busy with my summer co-op and working at my part time job and he is done school and works full time in a very demanding job. I am now done my co-op and I will be moving back out there in 2 months from now it's just going to be hard to go back there and only see him as a friend because I still love him more then anything but I know we will never get back together again and it sucks.

Spacial

procrastination
Hope everyone is doing well and if you're not, things will get better!

@Hyper Chibi Absol, pansexual isn't attraction to one gender with exceptions, it's attraction regardless of gender. Don't feel like you have to label what you are though ^~^

EDIT: Also, does anyone know any LGBT+ inclusive books? Not necessarily centered around it, it's just I used to be an avid reader and now I just don't read because most books I find are just so straight it's infuriating. I'll look into any recommendations :)

Last edited:

Pyroli

Banned
Hello.
I am a heterosexual girl, and a recently fell in love with a friend of mine. My problem is, that he is homosexual ... (How often does that happen to you guys, falling in love with someone with a different sexuality? :/ )
I am frustrated, because I knew he was homosexual when I fell in love with him, and I still did.
Plus, I have to hide my feelings. He doesn't want to come out, and got me to swear on not telling anyone about his sexuality. I have to pretend in front of everyone, that he is hetero and we are just friends.
I feel I have to tell someone about this though, without breaking my promise, so that's why I'm here.
I guess the feelings will go away eventually, but yeah. :/

Any advice, or just encouragement, please?

Late but this happened to me with my current best friend actually. I met him in Grade 9, we were both fourteen at the time and felt instant attraction from the moment we first spoke; he was cute, nice, funny, we both liked the same kind of videogames, and best of all we had such similar tastes in music. I really liked him, so as most semi-awkward fourteen year olds do, I messaged him every day
on Facebook; hoping to learn more about him and maybe slip some hints that I was super interested. He had an older sister, only a year older than us so not a significant age gap and I was friends with her as well so I had a sleepover at their house the one night and told his sister that I had a massive thing for her little bro.

... Now at this point he wasn't out, but his mother and sister knew that he was completely gay and not interested in girls at all. His sister gave me encouragement but went to him the next day after I left and told him I had a massive thing for him. Surprisingly nothing changed between us, and we actually became closer, come grade 10 I still had super strong feelings but one night while I was hanging out with him after school he told me that he was actually gay and felt that he could trust me as we had become so close. You see, I was frustrated at first but I accepted it gradually and we just continued with our friendship.

Four years later and he's still my best friend, he means the world to me and he's honestly like a brother to me. I love him a lot but in a different way, him and I even talk every day, never missing a beat.

I'm not sure if this helps you out at all but to keep it brief, maintain your friendship no matter what, and learn to love him as a friend.

------

Updates from me, following that statement:

Recently broke up with my boyfriend. It had hit five months before we broke up but he got super pressurey about sex and whatnot, not really cool with me considering I'm an asexual and sex actually somewhat repulses me. (Personal thing, nothing against people who do it, it's just how I am.) He also ended up not graduating, which caused him to make me buy a forty dollar banquet ticket for him to attend my grad and then BAIL ON ME THE NIGHT OF GRAD/PROM. We had broken up a week before prom but he had told me that no matter what we'd maintain a friendship and he'd come as my "just friend" date which was really cool considering he was one of my best friends before we started dating. All seemed well until I waited at the gates for half an hour with my no show date. My best friend helped me through it, and called up my best girl friend, Ashley to help fix my makeup so I still looked bomb after crying. We managed to get a hold of my beautiful saint of a friend Dana, who became my date in her lovely suit saying that "I'll pull off a suit way better than that jerk."

Otherwise, life's been good; living the graduated life, working full time and playing videogames. Starting my college stuff in September; what a nice time. :>
Plus 18 in a month meaning I can legally drink where I live.~

Last edited:

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Sorry for you, Mogar. Your relationship sounded so promising.
Oh, I didn't remember you were asexual. I know this is kind off dumb question, but do you make it clear to your datees?

I hope everyone is doing well it has been a very long time since my last post so here is my update. Back in January I went back to school and I met this guy and we connected and clicked right away and we started dating at the end of January and this was my first real relationship. We had a mutual break up at the end of May because I moved back home for the summer and at the time I was super busy with my summer co-op and working at my part time job and he is done school and works full time in a very demanding job. I am now done my co-op and I will be moving back out there in 2 months from now it's just going to be hard to go back there and only see him as a friend because I still love him more then anything but I know we will never get back together again and it sucks.

Why "never"? '-'

So, today I had a preview of my grandma's reaction to an eventual coming out.
She commented something about the mark for USA... I couldn't hear all what she said (she was talking to my mom), but the way she spoke wasn't very encouraging. :(

Oh hey guys, long time no talk n' shiiiiit.
I am super happy for all my american bro's and sista's!!! It is a good atep and makes me quite happy that millions more can now marry someone they want....if they want xD

I've been super busy (and forgot about this place tbh) but everything's good with me. My stress is like 0 after I've cut out my stressful job and certain people who just brought me down. And have been focusing more on like positive environments as well as people. Two of my best friends are getting married really soon so it's a very weird dynamic (they are only 6 days apart, so they are kinda at eachothers throats at times lol). But I'm just really happy with my friends, family, and person that I just really feel loved and really happy with life :)

So tell me about y'all, how are you guys!?!?!?

Kdude146

Why "never"? '-'

The thing is he just came out a few months before we met and he realized he jumped into a relationship to fast and he doesn't feel ready for one and the other thing is he is from a small town and he got a job in his filed in his hometown and that is a once in a life time thing for him and the idea of moving to a city gives him anxiety and the job I want I will get better paying job in the area I'm from and I said to him I would move there even if I wouldn't get a good of a job as I would in the city I'm from but he said that I shouldn't give up my dream job for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.