• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm sorry about your 'betrayal', MoonSong... It really sucks to have trusting friends spill the beans about something you might not want to see slip through the cracks...

As for a piece of advice: it's hard to simply move on from a crush... I sometimes still walk by my high school crush in the college hallways and get a little sad because we drifted apart after our year of high school in the same class. I'm not even sure he is into guys... >_> At least tell yourself you had closure, that your feelings were heard and that if eventually your crush decides to explore a relationship with you, you would've been lucky. I never had the courage to say something to this guy at the time (mainly because I didn't realize I was bisexual until... last year ?). He did write 'Je t'aime' in my high school year book (I live in Canada, french speaking province), if it means anything... 'Je t'aime' in french is closer in translation to 'I love you' than a very platonic 'Love ya'!'... The only one who wrote this in my year book the same way was my best friend that I've known for 11 years... Only spent time with my crush for a measly year. Speaks volumes.

Your crush friendzoned you in such a polite, romantic manner, I'd understand why you can't get him out of your head... But the best thing to do is to do other stuff and hope that your thoughts of him won't smack you in the face at random moments. It's bound to stay but if you're really busy, you'll have a better time forgetting.
How does he look, though ? You make him seem dreamy! :D

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Thanks for the advice, Everlasting! When you say he's dreamy, that's an understatement! He has one of those smiles that just makes you feel warm inside and he's raven-haired. And tall as well. (But that might just be because of the grade difference.) And he's generally one of those all around happy people who makes everyone around them feel happier. (Unless of course, he friendzones you and makes himself better in the process. Even then, he still makes people around him happy.)

Part 2: On a scale of 1-dreamy, he's the dreamiest dreamy person there is, even in my nonexistent dreams he's a dream. So basically I have dreams about me dreaming. So...there's your daily mind blown. He's the dreamiest of the dreamiest. At least to me, everyone has their own tastes.

Last edited:

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
In case anyone was looking for some pick-you-up songs, here's a few of my favorites (fair warning, most of them are showtunes):

"As We Stumble Along" from The Drowsy Chaperone
"Love is Always Lovely In The End" from The Drowsy Chaperone
"Hall of Fame" by The Script feat. will.i.am
"Show Off" from The Drowsy Chaperone
"You're the Top" from Anything Goes
"Popular" from Wicked
"It's Possible" from Seussical the Musical
"Defying Gravity" from Wicked
"Shake it Off" by Taylor Swift
"Don't Rain on My Parade" by Glee Cast (Season 2)
And this one is just funny:
"Bride's Lament" from The Drowsy Chaperone
It's funny once it's listened to. Trust me, I was in that number.

If you don't know who Taylor Swift is, first of all, you have no idea what you're missing out on, and second of all, she's an American pop/country singer, and one of the good ones who don't use all that Autotune stuff.

Last edited:

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Taylor Swift was the only one I've listened to from that list, lol
(Ok, I definitely heard of will.i.am, but I can't recall exactly what, and Glee has just a wide repertory.)

If I hadn't met that guy 1 week before going to watch the Olympic Games at Rio, I was going to look after an old friend over there...
Not sure if it was good or bad.
Also, I wanted to see the current guy again, but he will be on a trip with his parents this weekend. :/

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
will.i.am was the founder of the Black Eyed Peas, I think, so that's probably where. Speaking of the Olympics, Zac Efron surprised one of the athletes there (Simone Biles, I believe) so if he can fly to Rio for that then my friends can text me back. Also, I made a resolution to myself that until there's an Olympics for theater/drama/musicals then I'm not watching the regular Olympics because the fine arts are just as important as sports (read: more important than).

A little bit of background info on my situation, I had a crush (well, I thought I did) on a girl for like 5 years, then after I got over her I didn't have a crush on anyone. I got over it a few months after I met my current crush, actually. I had done two shows with him, the most recent being The Drowsy Chaperone where he was the Underling (I was ensemble). And the Underling's main song is "Love is Always Lovely" so...yeah. I didn't realize I had a crush on him until the final days of rehearsal (we only do three nights of a show, my theatre company.) I was joking around with one of my girl friends (friend that is a girl, that is) that I texted her "...then I didn't like anyone then it was like 'oh heyyy (my crush's name)'" and she texted me back saying something along the lines of totally laughing at the didn't like anyone part because we agree that all humans should just become cute adorable puppies. Usually during school we would see each other after 2nd period (in a 9 period day) and we'd just talk about stuff on our way to class.

Well, at least after the trip you can see him, right TT? I have to wait like 9 months to see my crush...

Also, for anyone in the US who hasn't already, get Pandora. (Imagine me clapping in between each syllable) It is my LIFE! But irdk how to write about it without turning into an advertisement :p

Last edited:

nahranej

Haven't been here for a while, but something just crossed my mind and I wanted to ask you, guys: have you met some cool strangers thanks to Pokemon Go?

Kdude146

So I got cat fished! I went to meet a guy at a park after talking to him online on and off for a few months and he looked nothing like is picture or matched his profile discretion. His picture was of a tall guy in really good shape and he listed himself as 6 feet tall and he turned out to be a fat guy who was only 5′ 2″. On top of all that he is a chain smoker and if someone is a smoker then I'm done I will never date a guy who smokers. So I lied to him to him by saying I was feeling sick and was not in the mood to go for a hike anymore and that was the last we talked I think he knew I wasn't into him after he lied to me.

I keep telling myself I shouldn't give up hope on finding someone but when I keep having bad luck like this it makes me want to give up. As for that friend I have feeling for no matter what I do I can't let go of the idea of him and he does flirt with me even though he says he's straight so it sends me mix signals. I act like we are just friends because if I am wrong about him then I could lose him as a friend and I don't want that to happen.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Aww, sorry to hear that Kdude! As for your friend situation, the only advice I have is: don't do what I did and ask a single friend for advice. What I would do is to keep this platonic, no matter how much it hurts, because if he does like you, then he'll let you know. (Actually, just ignore everything I just said, except the keep it platonic part. Because I'm literally the last person any of my friends would go to for advice.)

Anyways, what everyone should do is to thank the friends who are there for you, no matter how many or who much they did. If they were there for you, do it. But use a yellow heart emoji if you can. I'm assuming colors for hearts work the same way as roses:

Red= romantic love
Yellow= Friendship or platonic
Blue=sadness
Black= nothing good!
White= The Hunger Games

Not to sound like one of THOSE people, but I just did it and I could tell they lit up (well, I did it via text. But still).

Last edited:

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Well, at least after the trip you can see him, right TT? I have to wait like 9 months to see my crush...
Hehe, I did it yesterday!
We went to an Italian food festival thing, then had some ice cream, and walked a lot. Holding hands most of the time, many quick kisses on escalators and while waiting to cross the streets. And some making out inside the subway station. :D

Kdude, don't lose your hopes!
It takes time, you can give it a break sometimes, but it might work well!
As for the straight friend... You still work together, right? You being on a position "above" him, right? You must be patient, things can get even worse if he feels pressured because of that or even if he looks for benefits.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
:D:D
Hehe, I did it yesterday!
We went to an Italian food festival thing, then had some ice cream, and walked a lot. Holding hands most of the time, many quick kisses on escalators and while waiting to cross the streets. And some making out inside the subway station. :D

Dang, the closest I ever got to what you did with your bae was even talking to my crush.
The worst part about my school (well, my old one) was that exactly half the boys got leads. And there were 5 lead parts. And they were all like junior/seniors. So our changing room was tiny, and there was barely any AC. But ya, I changed in the same room as my crush. (But I didn't know I had a crush on him until after we did our closing night.)

That's literally the closest interaction I ever had with my crush, but I technically hugged him. Usually after we take our bows and the curtain closes, everyone goes nuts and hugs each other. And on the inside I was like "OMG IM HUGGING (my crush's name)". :D

KalosChampion

Well I think I'm starting to get over my crush. And dumb me thought that once I got over him that maybe I wouldn't be gay anymore.... I know it doesn't work that way but for some reason I thought he was just a one time thing. But of course I can't make my feelings for boys go away and I have nobody that could like me...

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
Well I think I'm starting to get over my crush. And dumb me thought that once I got over him that maybe I wouldn't be gay anymore.... I know it doesn't work that way but for some reason I thought he was just a one time thing. But of course I can't make my feelings for boys go away and I have nobody that could like me... YET

Fix'd.
Just be patient, bro. In 2013 I felt like at the bottom of the well and things started to get better slowly (almost like a roller coaster actually, but that's better than nothing <.<)

Dang, the closest I ever got to what you did with your bae was even talking to my crush.
The worst part about my school (well, my old one) was that exactly half the boys got leads. And there were 5 lead parts. And they were all like junior/seniors. So our changing room was tiny, and there was barely any AC. But ya, I changed in the same room as my crush. (But I didn't know I had a crush on him until after we did our closing night.)

That's literally the closest interaction I ever had with my crush, but I technically hugged him. Usually after we take our bows and the curtain closes, everyone goes nuts and hugs each other. And on the inside I was like "OMG IM HUGGING (my crush's name)". :D
Haha, sorry. :D

Whoa, I remember graduating high school, hugging my best friend back then gave me the same feeling...
Good old times that won't come back. .-.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Well, I made a step that is can be debated whether it is a step or not with my crush. This is my convo with him on social media, which I will not disclose what social media platform it is.

Me: Hey (his name). I know that you start tomorrow, but I start next Monday and I want to say that I'll miss you. I'm not going to miss a lot of people from (my old school) (in case you didn't know [somehow] I'm not going to (the original high school I was going to), I'm going to (the current high school I'm going to),) but you are one of the few. I wish that I got to know you better but I'll see you during (the summer drama program) next year. And that's literally the next time I'll see anyone from (my original school) drama. When I'm (edited out due to references to religion) I'll keep you and the rest of (my original school)drama (edited due to references to religion). And I'm coming to see every (the high school I was originally going to) show I can ;) (btw, both of us have a show on the Sun/Moon release date. How crazy is that?)

And then he replied with:
Him: Lol, thanks (my name) I appreciate that. I know all of the drama kids from (my hometown) will miss you and I look forward to seeing you again next summer

Yaaaaaaaay.

Last edited:

KalosChampion

Tattooed Tooth -
Thank you, I hope you're right that I'll find somebody. And I'm sorry to hear about how you felt in 2013 and I'm glad it's better now.

Moonsong -
That's nice about your crush! Maybe you could go visit him before summer? It sounds like he'd be glad to see you

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Thanks, KC- but there's a few problems-I don't know where he lives, we go to different high schools (as in currently), there's an age and grade difference, and he's perfect. But at least in my original HS, choir is all-grades, (I think) so my friend does see my crush, and I have worked out a deal with my friend to inform me of anything my crush says about me. If at all...yaaaaay.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
So, here in Portugal it is the last week before the start of college. I'll be attending the 2nd year so I'm kinda "whatever", but those who will be going to the 1st got to know last weekend in what course they got placed. The guy I like is one of them. He applied for Economy last year, but his grades weren't high enough and he ended up in Maths. He didn't like it so he gave up and tried to raise his exam scores to try Economy again this year. His score was once again not enough to get him placed in our city (Porto) but he entered in Lisbon. I'm happy for him because at the end of the day he made it into the course he wanted but at the same time I'm kinda sad because he'll be going into another city.

We haven't talked for like a month, not even in Messenger (I only knew where he was placed because I searched his name in the "placements website" xD) and as this week is the week in which new students have to register in their courses I think he might have already gone to Lisbon. I fell like asking him how things are going, but it seems like I'm the only one trying for our friendship. We get along very well, but if I'm not the one starting conversation on Messenger or if we're not hanging out with our friends he rarely has the initiative :/

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Update in my life:
I have decided to attempt casual conversation with my crush, which has been...weird. Also, auditions for my fall drama are tomorrow, and I have to memorize a monologue that I got today. So YAAAY! (Someone kill me :p )

Tattooed Tooth

So many flags!
I fell like asking him how things are going, but it seems like I'm the only one trying for our friendship. We get along very well, but if I'm not the one starting conversation on Messenger or if we're not hanging out with our friends he rarely has the initiative :/

Yep, looking more and more like my history. >.>

It has been 1 month since I last met that guy I was dating... And weeks we haven't talked to each other, because last times I started the conversation he didn't put much effort or enthusiasm. So I think it's time to look for someone else on those apps (or parties <.<).

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
hi.
you all seem really nice...
so i want to join^.^
I consider myself bisexual with a female prefrence (I feel more comfortable around my own gender, i identify as female)
even though ive only dated guys the relationship never turns out well
so im hoping to find some lesbian/bisexual girls at my school who will like me for me ^.^

Zamin

Hey guys, I'm homoromantic and also homoflexible. I am a massive fan of Pokemon (and men haha)

I am not currently seeing anyone but I would like to have a partner in my life. I also really want my own kids genetically one day, maybe soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.