• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I did an open stage and won $50 for being the audience favorite! Everyone was amazed with how good I was performing considering I’ve only done it for fifteen months and only open stages and two charity shows.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This is a new account, I've been a member here for many years prior but I thought it was time for a fresh start. Please may I join?
Of course!

Also random, I'm so excited for Rupauls Drag Race upcoming in 2019 :D They apparently just finished filming not too long ago ugh I can't be more excited!!!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Of course!

Also random, I'm so excited for Rupauls Drag Race upcoming in 2019 :D They apparently just finished filming not too long ago ugh I can't be more excited!!!
I want to audition for the show and I hope to get on. I want to make it to Snatch Game and win the challenge as Yoko Ono!

Manchee

extra toasty

I'm looking forward to the eleventh season, and I hope they change it up a little. If they bring another female pop icon in on the first episode, this show is really getting desperate. It's cool that it's gaining a lot of traction with a larger audience, but RuPaul better learn how to keep up with the times and keep the show fresh. And I wish I could be more excited for AS4, but the rumored cast is such a bore aside from a couple of them.

I want to audition for the show and I hope to get on. I want to make it to Snatch Game and win the challenge as Yoko Ono!

Highly unlikely.

Also on the topic of RPDR, I read that RuPaul is rumored to be starting up a talk show that Michelle Visage will also be working on. The article I was reading talked about how Ru would be incredibly busy with that and everything else she does, and it could influence the production of RPDR. The author was suggesting that Ru would stop hosting the show/the show would stop altogether, but I really doubt it would go that far, but it's exciting to think that there might be another talk show hosted by a gay icon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Highly unlikely.

Are you saying that I’m not good enough? And that my extensive research on Yoko and my perfecting everything about my impersonation is stupid? Because I have really worked hard in this and I really don’t like how you responded tbh. But I want to be fair and hear your explanation of your statement. I think I could ge5 onto the show. Several queens who have done drag for years are impressed with how good I am lip syncing and creating retro 80s looks using Halloween wigs.

Manchee

extra toasty
Are you saying that I’m not good enough? And that my extensive research on Yoko and my perfecting everything about my impersonation is stupid? Because I have really worked hard in this and I really don’t like how you responded tbh. But I want to be fair and hear your explanation of your statement. I think I could ge5 onto the show. Several queens who have done drag for years are impressed with how good I am lip syncing and creating retro 80s looks using Halloween wigs.

Lol I have nothing but your word to go off of. I could say I've been in the business for years and do a great impression of Aunt Jemima but it doesn't mean anything. Post some pictures, link us to some performances or lewks of yours. Because just reading you over and over and over and over (because really all you ever talk about in this club is yourself and doing drag, never anything to keep an interesting discussion going or try to get anyone to talk about anything besides yourself) doesn't make me believe what you're saying. Because of that, I think it is highly unlikely that you will 1) Make it on to RPDR, 2) Make it far enough into the competition for Snatch Game, and 3) Win the challenge.

p.s. Even for queens who have been doing drag for many years and are very very good, it is still highly unlikely that they will get as far as winning Snatch Game. Just because I said it's highly unlikely for someone to do so when I've seen none of their work doesn't mean I'm inferring that what they are saying is stupid. Don't take things so personally.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm looking forward to the eleventh season, and I hope they change it up a little. If they bring another female pop icon in on the first episode, this show is really getting desperate. It's cool that it's gaining a lot of traction with a larger audience, but RuPaul better learn how to keep up with the times and keep the show fresh. And I wish I could be more excited for AS4, but the rumored cast is such a bore aside from a couple of them.

Highly unlikely.

Also on the topic of RPDR, I read that RuPaul is rumored to be starting up a talk show that Michelle Visage will also be working on. The article I was reading talked about how Ru would be incredibly busy with that and everything else she does, and it could influence the production of RPDR. The author was suggesting that Ru would stop hosting the show/the show would stop altogether, but I really doubt it would go that far, but it's exciting to think that there might be another talk show hosted by a gay icon.

The eleventh season will be exciting, but I'm personally SUPER pumped for AS4!! A bunch of my favs are rumoured to be back : Latrice Royale, Naomi Smalls, Farrah Moan, Trinity Taylor, Monique Heart and Monet Exchange! Especially Naomi Smalls is who I'm gonna root for. And apparently they changed up the format of the show this time around in the second half so that another Trixie doesn't happen :p but the new queens on Season 11 will hopefully be bright and new!

As for Rupaul, I really like him, and I hope he continues on with the show for at least 10 more years! (Iknow thats a long ass time haha) So many queens have gone in through those doors though that it does feel like it's been such a good run already but it's just getting better and better. I also watch all the little one-off shows for Rupaul too so I look forward to all those! He already has some Whats the T podcasts with Michelle Visage if that's possibly what you were referring to,otherwise I have not heard of those rumours.

THe only thing im concerned about is how Rupaul conducts herself on Drag Race behind the scenes, with some queens coming forward and saying how harsh she is, but I get it and I am not going to judge personally.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just want to be on Drag Race so I can be the inspiration and positive role model so many kids with autism and Asperger’s desperately need. All you hear in the media are negative things about autism and it’s time these kids who constantly hear such things finally can have someone who they can look up to and know that they can do amazing things too. I want to show that even though I am technically autistic I can do all of these things and that having it isn’t so bad.

Manchee

extra toasty
The eleventh season will be exciting, but I'm personally SUPER pumped for AS4!! A bunch of my favs are rumoured to be back : Latrice Royale, Naomi Smalls, Farrah Moan, Trinity Taylor, Monique Heart and Monet Exchange! Especially Naomi Smalls is who I'm gonna root for. And apparently they changed up the format of the show this time around in the second half so that another Trixie doesn't happen :p but the new queens on Season 11 will hopefully be bright and new!

As for Rupaul, I really like him, and I hope he continues on with the show for at least 10 more years! (Iknow thats a long ass time haha) So many queens have gone in through those doors though that it does feel like it's been such a good run already but it's just getting better and better. I also watch all the little one-off shows for Rupaul too so I look forward to all those! He already has some Whats the T podcasts with Michelle Visage if that's possibly what you were referring to,otherwise I have not heard of those rumours.

THe only thing im concerned about is how Rupaul conducts herself on Drag Race behind the scenes, with some queens coming forward and saying how harsh she is, but I get it and I am not going to judge personally.

Yeah, I'm hyped for Latrice and Trinity, and while I like most of the rest of them, I don' think any are good enough to deserve winning. Like look at Trixie, I love her and think she is fabulous and funny and a great person. But when up against people like Ben and Shangela on AS3, I do not believe for one second that she should have come out the winner. I know Ben left, so there is nothing to be done about that, but Shangela not being at least final two was such a disgrace to her and I'm mad at RuPaul for that. Trixie winning was such a play to the fans and I'm not a fan of shows that do that. Here's to hoping AS4 will do a better job. (I swear if they do Jasmine Masters a dirty job I'm going to be so disgusted with Ru)

Yeah, Ru has reportedly said a lot to the queens behind the scenes that hasn't been very tasteful, and with the larger fanbase means even more people will be scrutinizing everything to do with the show, so we'll see how she does with her attitude moving forward. I think she is justified to a point, though, because you see people (like the one above) who are obsessed with themselves in drag and think that they're the next drag superstar without realizing what a privilege it is to be on the show in the first place. That's got to get annoying for Ru to be around, I would snap too, lol

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
With Drag Race, I have a wishlist of songs that should/are perfect for the lip syncs. During season 10, I predicted four songs so I know good songs. Here is the list and who sings them. Look up the songs on YouTube if you don’t know any of them.

Everybody Everybody- Black Box
I Don’t Know Anybody Else- Black Box
What Have You Done for Me Lately- Janet Jackson
When I Think of You- Janet Jackson
The Pleasure Principle- Janet Jackson
Miss You Much- Janet Jackson
Baby Love- Regina (really hard song to find outside of YouTube despite being a huge hit)
Sisters Are Doin It For Themselves- Aretha Franklin and Eurhythmics
In My House- MaryJane Girls
I Feel For You- Chaka Khan
Object of My Desire- Starpoint
Neutron Dance- Pointers Sisters
Automatic- Pointer Sisters
She Works Hard for the Money- Donna Summer
Johnny Are You Queer- Josie Cotton (best part is the song is so short it doesn’t need to be edited at all!)
I Know What Boys Like- The Waitresses
Physical Attraction- Madonna
Physical- Olivia Newton-John
Borderline- Madonna
Like a Virgin- Madonna
Barbie Girl- Aqua
Free Your Mind- En Vogue
Girlfriend- Pebbles
She Bop- Cyndi Lauper
Secret Rendezvous- Karyn White
The Way You Love Me- Karyn White
I Don’t Want to Lose Your Love- B Angie B
I Don’t Wanna Fall In Love- Jane Child
Only in My Dreams- Debbie Gibson
Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend- Marilyn Monroe
Glamorous Life- Shelia E
Someday- Mariah Carey
Lead Me On- Maxine Nightingale
Touch Me in the Morning- Marlena Shaw
I Can’t Stand the Rain- Eruption
Prove Your Love- Taylor Dayne
Hold On, I’m Coming- Precious Wilson
Brass In Pocket- The Pretenders
Self Control- Laura Brannigan
I Can’t Wait- Nu Shooz
Touch Me When We’re Dancing-Carpenters
Thank You- Dido
Wannabe-Spice Girls
Intuition- Jewel
I Touch Myself- The Divinyls
True Colors- Cyndi Lauper
Time After Time- Cyndi Lauper
Still Alive from Portal (I really want to see what could happen here)
Let the Music Play- Shannon
I Am What I Am- Gloria Gaynor
Pull Up to the Bumper- Grace Jones
Where Is My Man- Eartha Kitt
What You Don’t Know- Exposé
Let Me Be the One- Exposé
Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)- ABBA
Strut- Sheena Easton
Flashdance... What a Feeling- Irene Cara
Fame- Irene Cara
I Can’t Wait- Nu Shooz
99 Luftballons- Nena
Christmas Wrapping- The Waitresses (if there’s another Christmas themed episode)
Fascinated- Company B
Show Me- The Cover Girls

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My local gay bar closed down and now I must travel outside my local area if I want to do an open stage for drag. I think I have to quit doing it which makes me really sad.

Manchee

extra toasty
My local gay bar closed down and now I must travel outside my local area if I want to do an open stage for drag. I think I have to quit doing it which makes me really sad.

Oh no, you might not have a way to make every conversation about yourself anymore *eyeroll*

Re: Bananarama, I have not seen it yet. Apparently it’s a good movie, but how much can ya trust sites like Rotten Tomatoes & Metacritic? I’m not super into Gaga anymore, I think she’s gotten pretty bland compared to when she started, but I still want to see it just to see it :p

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Oh no, you might not have a way to make every conversation about yourself anymore *eyeroll*
Why must you be a buzzkill? You really have no idea how hard it is for me to be myself and the local gay bar was one of the few places I could be myself. And this thread was a place I felt safe to vent all my frustrations and also express my interest in drag but you keep making what I say negative and I don’t like it. I don’t make every conversation about myself and I am really sad the only gay bar that isn’t 25 miles or more away from me closed! I don’t live in an area that has a lot of support or even meeting places where the LGBT community can meet and socialize. We didn’t even have a PFLAG chapter until eight years ago and if I wanted to go to a meeting I had to drive over an hour to attend.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Why must you be a buzzkill? You really have no idea how hard it is for me to be myself and the local gay bar was one of the few places I could be myself. And this thread was a place I felt safe to vent all my frustrations and also express my interest in drag but you keep making what I say negative and I don’t like it. I don’t make every conversation about myself and I am really sad the only gay bar that isn’t 25 miles or more away from me closed! I don’t live in an area that has a lot of support or even meeting places where the LGBT community can meet and socialize. We didn’t even have a PFLAG chapter until eight years ago and if I wanted to go to a meeting I had to drive over an hour to attend.

Pfft I had to google PFLAG just now, that's how little support we have where I live. Though we don't really need it as much as there's very little backlash. Most people don't care these days. Though it would be nice to have a support group of some variety

Manchee

extra toasty
I don’t make every conversation about myself

Lol. If you seriously can't go back through all your most recent posts here and not see that nearly all of them are you talking about yourself, quoting something someone said and making it about yourself, or completely ignoring the current conversation and insetting something about yourself, you should think a little more about that statement.

Though we don't really need it as much as there's very little backlash. Most people don't care these days. Though it would be nice to have a support group of some variety

It's weird because so many LGBT people are all about representation and being included and having general support (I include myself in that), but the more that this happens the more we can lose LGBT-specific places. There are plenty of gay bars that have become dead because people don't need to go there anymore to feel include or to find other gay people. Especially now with all the apps and places online to meet people, it's killing the irl spots that used to be hubs of activity.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Lol. If you seriously can't go back through all your most recent posts here and not see that nearly all of them are you talking about yourself, quoting something someone said and making it about yourself, or completely ignoring the current conversation and insetting something about yourself, you should think a little more about that statement.

It's weird because so many LGBT people are all about representation and being included and having general support (I include myself in that), but the more that this happens the more we can lose LGBT-specific places. There are plenty of gay bars that have become dead because people don't need to go there anymore to feel include or to find other gay people. Especially now with all the apps and places online to meet people, it's killing the irl spots that used to be hubs of activity.

We only have one gay bar within a 4 hour drive, though I'd hardly call it that anymore. It's pretty much the place straight girls go to avoid straight guys, but the straight guys obviously don't care and follow them anyway. I don't really like hanging out there and usually go somewhere else when I'm out with friends

Status
Not open for further replies.