• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Welcome Legend of Lucario!, common interests are a great conversation piece. Find out what he's into, or if you're in the same environment and something big happens, make a comment. I've met so many great people by just spitting out what comes to mind when something akward happens or a loud noise fills the air. I don't know, be casual and subtle at first, and eventually an opportunity has to arise sooner or later, right?

Also welcome Darkfall and any other new members. By the way, I love that Altaria banner.

So its kinda late and I'm just kinda hanging out before bed. And to answer the question at hand, nope not a flirt. I've never been the flirty type, though i've unintentionally charmed or appauled people. The truth is though, people either like my comical charm or they don't, and that pretty much makes or breaks a friendship with me. There's also the circumstance in which I grow on people though^^. So no, I work in he food industry and I've seen plenty of people flirt back and forth over the counter, but as a third party observer, I don't find it that appealing.

Oh another long post! I hope at least a few of you take the time to read it^^

Take care everybody

Nathan Madien

Me on a Good Day
*returns from a long hiatus* Hi, everyone! Wow, this club has grown to over 800 pages since I was last here on May 15th.

In a few days I'm going to get a haircut. I know this is pointless compared to what other people are saying. But my hair is just above my shoulders at the moment, and I want it a lot shorter. As in, one or two inches long. My mother is panicking and trying to convince me not to do it, but I'm standing firm.

~GG~

Why is your mother panicking over your haircut? Seems like a strange thing to be panicking over to me.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
My mom panicked over my hair once. I wanted to get it to stand up and out like Ludwig Von Koopa from Mario 3, so I put an entire jar of petroleum jelly in it. Took nearly a month to wash it all out.

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
Do you ever flirt with anonymous members of the same-sex (anonymous to you at least)?
No. Girls get creeped out by that kind of thing. People have acussed me of flirting with them before, but this was before I knew I was gay. I was only being freindly, honest.

Oh, and most of my friends know about my crush now. It's rather probing and embarassing, since they keep asking akward questions.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
I'd like to join! I like da menses! whooooooooop!

Yonowarru

Roaring Flames!
Do you ever flirt with anonymous members of the same-sex (anonymous to you at least)?

Nope, never flirted with anyone. Technically because I haven't found anyone I really liked. Still looking around for that special someone. :)

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
The truth is though, people either like my comical charm or they don't, and that pretty much makes or breaks a friendship with me. There's also the circumstance in which I grow on people though^^.

im the same way. people love me for my wit, but at the same time the sarcastic tone does get to them sometimes, but other than my comedy is what makes me charming. I've got no body, an acne-d up face, so comedy is all that's left in my arsenal. lol

anyways, with the topic at hand, no I do not flirt with people anonymous to me. Hell, i hardly ever flirt. I'm the shy type. and not just like if you talk for a few minutes and I'll be your bestest friend, but like the only people who can get through to me are people that 1) I have a lot of common ground with or 2) people that I find enjoyable to be around. The case for my friends is numeral dos. XD

Blackjack Gabbiani, lmao!! XD

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
Usually when i flirt i don't really know that I am doing it. People are like quit flirting and I'm like I'm not but I really am and just don't notice.

Zora

perpetually tired
Okay, I will likely need coming out advice. Okay, to today my parents are finally meeting with the psychologist who I have already talked too (he does not think it's confusion or me wanting attention or anything like that). With that, my parents will likely come to terms with the fact I am gay. Maybe not instantly. Going on later this week is that my brother is coming home. My sister is also been home at an hour that isn't nocturnal more than usual. With that, I may end up coming out to them this weekend. Just to let you know, my sister is almost 22 and my brother recently turned 25 about six weeks ago. So they are adults.

Now I don't know how each of them is going to react My brother is stubborn. Basically, his personality is like "I'm right, you're wrong, that's that." So it really depends where he stands on the issue. If he is against homosexuality (or the fact his own brother is gay), then it could be hellish for a few weeks. If he is not opposed to idea, then I doubt he will cause problems. If that were to happen, he will probably begin *****ing my parents about any feelings they have :D

My sister is also a bit ambiguous. However, I don't see her actively taking it against me. She might think the idea is a bit strange or a bit... dirty (maybe). At the same time she may not mind it. I would imagine though if there is any problem she will likely come to terms with it eventually. I don't see her taking it personally. Actually her reaction may be completely positive. Who knows, she may like being able to have a sibling to talk with about boys :p

But, just generally not sure how I should go about it. I will likely tell them separately. If possible, I may avoid telling them altogether, but my parents may feel like it's a good idea. My parents may be having their own issues and wait before I tell anyone. I am just curious that assuming I do need to tell them, how should I go about this?

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
well, Zora, since your brother and sister are only in their 20s, they grew up in a world where homosexuality wasn't a secret, so they should understand it like 30 times better than your paents do. I mean, you're parents are basically just entering into a homosexual era, so it comes as a shock to them.

Privacy is good when coming out, however if you tell them together, maybe one will like and one won't and they'll end up butting heads, drawing some attention away from you. No, that sounds like a fairy tale. Anyways, its really a personal choice on your part. You need to do what you are comfortable with.

shon_taylor

ican has cheezburger
So I had no idea that Jeff Lewis, from Flipping Out, (show on Bravo) was gay!
Or that Ryan, his business partner is his ex-boyfriend!

This is definitely one of my favorite shows now :]

RageKaiser

Chespin :D

Nope, The only people I can really flirt with are people over the internet, Because I feel like if I ever tried to flirt with someone in real life, They'd attack me. It's happened to someone I know, and I really don't want it to happen to me..

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
My mom once said I might as well be a guy. That was pretty awkward.

Ugggh, my mum calls me her "son" all the time. This isn't helped by my sexuality or the fact that you will never see me willingly wearing the colour pink. I want to cut my hair short, but when I did, people said all sorts of horrid things. I don't want to give them that satisfaction.

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
At Crescent:
I don't mention it myself. I'm friends with a couple of good lucking guys, but they're straight. To be fair, I am more straight than gay (does that make sense?), but meeting guys is easier when you're legal to drink. But then, people are also more mature at that age (no really). They don't take the piss, except jokingly, and easily accept you. Of course, if you're not legal, which I'm gonna presume you are because this is an American forum. If that is the case, than I don't know. I've never actually been that successful in that department. Ah well, who cares? I'm off to see Dark Knight with a mate anyway.

At Eclipse:
Cutting your hair short shouldn't do that. Mind you, I grow my hair long, which I guess is more acceptable in guys than girls with short hair. Still, when I dyed I got an emo a couple of times.

Of course, when people say things you don't like, there's two things I used to do:
1) Say screw you and walk off
2) Counter by saying how stupid they look, regardless of what they're wearing. Of course, if they're insulting you, it's not hard...

I flirt with guys more than girls. Sometimes it freaks people out, but nobody begrudges me...

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
don't let people get to you. as far as you should be concerned, they don't matter; they aren't much more than a super-****ty cheerleader who will die at 18 from a syphilis infection while having sex in the back of some random guy's car. :|

I really need some advice like seriously. I don't know, but I've never dated a guy or girl and I'm gonna be a senior this year. How do you guys meet with so many guys and start talking and such?

Ahh don't feel so bad. I'm a year older than you and I've never dated either. And only recently has it began to bug me.

Speaking of that...I've still been thinking about the guy I like constantly. And I wanna talk to him, but I'm still scared. And even then, it would be hanging out as friends...asking him on a date would be a total different thing. But still, there's college to look forward to in a month, and more people to meet. I'm hoping things can work out then.

Yonowarru

Roaring Flames!
Well, I found out the guy I liked left the program I was going to. His mother told the counselors that these classes were "too easy." Anyway, I feel sad he left...

Eclipse: Be yourself and don't let the words of others get to you. Don't let people change you as well.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Good news: I got my hair cut. Ever seen the movie 'She's The Man'? Well, I look surprisingly similar to the girl who's name I forget who tried to look like her brother.

In-between news: Been dreaming about the girl I like again.

Bad news: I'm currently on the verge of my third break-up with someone I'm trying to be with. Trying, because he's not only not responding, but he likes someone else.

~GG~

GG, I love that movie. Amanda Bynes, BTW.

also, witht the bad news, maybe you should make the first move and dump him. I mean sure it'll still hurt, but it won't hurt as much if he dumps you.

I need a little yellow pill...

Status
Not open for further replies.