• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gems Of Sinnoh (Multishipping,PG-13)

Aaron_fan

Hmm...sorry to say it, but I didn't find this chapter very interesting. I liked the interaction, as well as a few lines ("Dawn half- expected Paul to slap her. But he didn’t even look at her" and "You'll find out."), and Dawn seeing Dialga's reflection in place of hers in the pool of water was interesting.

So Galactic's coming, huh? Nice introduction to Jupiter, but I can't help but wonder why Toxicroak and Purugly are there with her, unless the other commanders are nearby. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the next chapter. You write well for Cynthia.

mew..

What do you want?
well, the chapter wasn't that interesting except the part about team galatic..mars and saturn mst be on the island, and cyrus could be on his way.

i will be looking foroward to the next chapter. i shall be waiting

~FireLeaf~

♫ Miss Murder ♫
I don't know if this is a good time but it really has been a while. Very, I mean very bad case of writer's block...
Heheh....sorry about the last chapter. I don't know if this will be any better, but I tried my best...it's not good enough, but still...

"Hi, Mira!!” Reiji called out to the pink haired girl coming out from her house.

An Alakazam followed the fourteen year old outside and waved its hand to the young adult, But when Mira turned her head to look at him, they didn’t shine bright blue; but rather dull, and they had rings around them. Her pink pigtails looked brittle, and she seemed quite miserable. Reiji frowned with worry and approached her.

“Hey! What happened to you?”

Mira looked up. Her skin was as pale as ash. “Wanted to sleep. Couldn’t. Nigtmares.”

“And where’s Ma…” he broke off hastily and covered his mouth, but Mira knew he was just about to say Maylene, and didn’t want to remind her about her sister’s death.

“It’s okay,” she whispered quietly. “It’s good to remember sometimes.” Reiji looked down to cover his eyes, which were filled with sorrow.

They stood there in silence for a while.

“Do you want to go for a walk?”
“I was going to the restaurant down the street for dinner, but starving and then ditching you later sounds okay too.”

Reiji laughed at the flash of the old Mira. Her eyes briefly lit up, but as soon as her sister came back into her mind, they darkened with sadness again.

“Alright then, c’mon, let’s go!” Suddenly high in spirits, Reiji threw Staraptor’s Pokeball into the air and ran off, leaving the girl shouting in annoyance, giggling and gasping for air at the same time.

Reiji stopped running when he was in the middle of a clearing in the small area of woods. The woods were on the outskirts of town; he hadn’t realized they ran so far. He sat down and relaxed in the cool shade of the trees while waiting for Mira. In about two minutes his Staraptor appeared and perched on a nearby branch, and Alakazam materialized on a smooth rock behind him.

In about ten minutes Mira appeared, sweating and breathing heavily.

“Are you TRYING to KILL me from exhaustion?!” Mira yelled at him, irritated. “Do you know how long I’ve been chasing you?!”

“Couldn’t you have used Alakazam’s Teleport? I mean, he had the right idea.”

Mira looked quizzically at her Pokemon, who was quietly meditating and not paying the two any attention. She sweat dropped. “Oh….I guess that could have worked too.” She stopped and looked around in alarm, and her eyes widened with fear. “Reiji, this is the part where Officer Jenny told everyone not to go! She said it was dangerous and was the ideal place for the next crime to occur, because it’s so close to the Team Galactic Warehouse.”

“Mira, Mira, Mira, you’re too uptight.” He patted her head as if she was a seven year old. “There’s no need to worry.”

“That’s what Dawn says before something bad happens!” She snapped.

“Hey, don’t lose your temper. Nothing bad is going to happen. No criminal is gonna be stupid enough to attack in the broad daylight in the middle of the city. Even Team Rocket knows that.” The last part was not exactly true. He brushed a strand of indigo hair out of his eyes and crossed his arms to show his indifference, but gave her a friendly smile.

“Reiji, you’re just…so stubborn. And just like your brother, too! I can’t for the life of me figure out why my sister had a crush on you!”

Suddenly Alakazam growled.

“Huh?” Mira glanced at her Pokemon in alarm. “What’s wrong?”

The Psi Pokemon snapped open his eyes and was up on its feet and glaring at some unseen figure in the distance, through the trees. The two spoons it held began to glow and spin between its fingers, and Staraptor fluttered its wings in confusion, sensing danger. Reiji frowned and stepped forward to comfort the bird, before he heard someone whisper,

“Explosion.”

A blast of fire and smoke blew Reiji off his feet as the attack made a huge roar. He opened his mouth to call a command to Staraptor, or check if Mira was okay, or even call for help. It was in vain. Smoke seemed to fill his lungs as his mouth opened, and he coughed madly as his eyes began to water and cloud. Somewhere by his leg he felt sharp, throbbing pain, and warm blood flowing down his side, staining his clothes and apron. He tried to look ahead, but all he saw were leaping flames, endless black smoke and two shady figures walking towards him...

“Reiji!!” Mira called out, cupping her mouth in he hands. She was safe; Alakazam had unleashed a Light Screen defensive move to protect her. But the young adult was too far away from them to have had protection from the blast. Reiji’s Staraptor had flown off- to get help, she figured- but it looked like it was too late. In the middle of the destruction, all she could see was black smoke swirling around the small reflective dome she and the Alakazam stood in, and fire licking its walls.

All of a sudden she heard a bloodcurdling shriek of pain echo through the burning trees. It sounded like Reiji!

“REIJI!!” She screamed, trying to locate him, but she gasped as Alakazam collapsed. A wave of hot fear came over her as the Light Screen broke through and a shadow leaped towards her. The force of the impact threw her backwards and slammed her against a large stone, and all her eyesight turned red as the scene became blurry. As the smoke from the detonation cleared up, she caught a glimpse of Reiji crouched in pain, and two green-haired people standing over him, laughing, before she drifted into unconsciousness.

“Paul, wait up!” Dawn stumbled behind Paul, while he just walked on, hands in his pockets. Not slowing down, not caring about it.

“Pau….Urrrrmmpphh!!” The teenage boy stopped without warning and she slammed into his back, letting out a little cry. She managed to find her balance before falling to the leafy ground. He turned around and glared at her through his purple bangs as she blinked at him in confusion.

“Paul, aren’t you coming back to the ballroom with us?” She couldn’t understand why he’d just leave when the party started.

He narrowed his eyes and grunted, “Too many people. I don’t like crowds that much.”

She folded her arms and frowned at him, with a surge of rage. “After about three years you still don’t like being around us? You still prefer to be a lone wolf? We’re all friends! I thought you knew that after…after all that we’ve been through…” She felt the warm sting of tears in her eyes, and tried to brush them away quickly, so that Paul wouldn’t take it as a sign of weakness. She just couldn’t control that feeling of sadness she always got when he walked away.

Paul noticed it still and snorted. “Troublesome girl. You get too emotional.” He rummaged around in the pockets of his tuxedo until he found a handkerchief and handed it to her. She raised on blue eyebrow and observed the pink and red roses dappling the sky-blue cloth, puzzled.

Paul’s cheeks turned the lightest shade of pink. “It’s Drew’s.” Dawn shrugged and wiped her eyes with it anyway.

“Sorry, Paul, it’s just that…” She looked at him with wide, puppy-dog eyes, and the words just tumbled out of her mouth. “I...Don’t want you to go away. I just want to spend a little more time with you.” She gave him a small half a smile, and only one tear dripped down. She didn’t really care about the cold wind that chilled her to the bone, or the loud music that erupted from inside the building, or that Paul didn’t care about her. She gazed deep into his eyes, as intensely as he had looked into hers, so many ages ago. “I just want to follow my heart,” she whispered, so softly that it was nearly inaudible. “And my heart is with you.”

For a second everything went silent. The music stopped playing, leaves that rustled beneath their feet stopped, and even the wind stopped blowing. Dawn swore silently that her heart’s rapid beats could be heard from Lake Verity. Paul stared at his feet, his expression hidden by his long lavender hair.

He’s taking so long to answer! She thought, getting scared. She stood there, waiting for his response. Her heart missed a beat, and she thought it would stop altogether. What if he hates me for this? Oh, Arceus, have I made a terrible mistake?

She braced herself for his answer as he finally lifted his head, but he met her eyes with such a gentle gaze, so calm she felt as if she could stare at him forever. She slowly drew in a breath as he took a step towards her.

“We all have to follow our hearts,” he murmured, not sounding like his cold-hearted self at all. His eyes were shining with emotion. He cupped her face and leaned forward until they felt each other’s breaths on their face, and he whispered, “Even if two people are different…when every life meets another life…something will be born….” She recognized the words he said to her so many times. She never realized why he kept telling her, or what the phrase meant to him. Dawn knew now. She closed her eyes and flushed red as their foreheads touched…she felt a thrill go down her spine, making her shiver. She felt the warmth of his body as one hand wrapped around her waist, their lips were inches apart, and then….

“EEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!!”

A shrill scream split the night air, breaking the silence. The moment was ruined. Paul frowned with frustration and let go of her, turning to face the direction in which the scream came from.

Dawn’s heart didn’t slow down it’s beating, but for a different reason this time….Fear of a different kind. She clutched onto his arm, but he shook it off .

“What do you think that was?” She asked.

“Do you think I know, troublesome?” He asked, not turning around.

Somehow the voice seemed familiar, as if she’d heard it before…just not screaming. She remembered a soft voice, caring, fierce in battle, but yet she couldn’t name who it was.

“I don’t want to stay here,” she announced, shaking.

“Then we’ll go inside, then.”
“No,” she shook her head, “I just have the feeling that something’s wrong. That something’s out there to get me, or something...”

“Look, Girl, just go inside. Everything’s fine as it is!” He couldn’t stand this. He just needed to be alone, no matter what happened in the scene which unfolded a few moments ago.

“She’s right, you know,” a gruff voice spoke with scorn behind him, with an edge of evil laughter. “She’s dead now. You are, too, young man. Unless you get out of the way.”

Paul whirled around… and scowled as he stared challengingly into the icy blue eyes of the Galactic Leader.

Oh yeah, if you think it's turning into some sort of Mira/Reiji please tell me, 'cause I don't want it to be like that. You see, I like Maylene/Reiji, but I killed Maylene before I found out that Reiji existed. Oopsie.
Oh yeah, story gotta FF link. First page, you'll see it.

Last edited:

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
OH MY GOD!!! It's a showdown of Cyrus vs Paul for Dawn right? I'm really dying to know what happens next and you give us a cliffy T__T

~FireLeaf~

♫ Miss Murder ♫
lol sorry about that kawaii serebii...o_o
Okay, well....here's the next chapter...(dammit, I have a fever and I think I'm losing it)

BTW, I'm keeping Reiji's name as Japanese. I don't really like Reggie that much. XD

“Well, well, well,” Cyrus smirked at the two, with a glint in his eyes. “Huh. I was looking for this girl, but I had no idea that you were entertaining your boyfriend.”

Dawn was too shocked to reply. She clutched Paul’s sleeve in fear, and just looked on with wide crystal-blue eyes as The Galactic leader just stood there and glared at them.

Paul seemed equally surprised, but his eyes became glittering black slits of hatred as he glared at the murderer of his family.

“One step closer and I swear I’ll kill you,” Paul hissed through gritted teeth.

“Kill me, now?” Cyrus’ laughter rang through the cold air and echoed through the trees. “You must be quite the dreamer, if you think you can kill me.” He walked forward slightly, and as he did this Paul was probably trying not to shy away. The purple haired boy stood his ground and met Cyrus’ eyes challengingly, but Dawn could feel him trembling.

“I don’t understand why you are so hostile toward me, boy,” He said, each word dripping out filled with a kind of sweet hate, and he shoved his face closer. “After all, we have so much in common.”

“We are nothing alike,” Paul spat.

He paced around the teens and finally turned to face them. “Are we, now? We both crave for power and grasp it whenever we can…we treat others with cruelty and hate…and of course, we are both orphans.” He let the last few words linger, and smiled when he saw Paul’s face twist in fury at them.

Dawn felt Paul tense as if to move forward, and she held his arm tighter to stop him. “It’s a trap, he’s just trying to make you reckless so he can kill you!” she whispered in his ear. Paul didn’t seem to listen although he did scowl and shake his head. Dawn looked up toward the one who wanted to kill her.

Dawn turned to the man. “Get out of here.” The blue-haired girl was still behind him, but she spoke bravely and met Cyrus’ eerie stare…ignoring the chills that ran down her spine.

“Should I?” He lifted his chin. “I don’t think I should go quite yet. After all, wouldn’t Mr. Shinji like to know what happened to his brother?"

Paul couldn’t hold back his anger, not caring about pride anymore. “What did you do to Reiji?!” he roared, lunging forward.

Cyrus chuckled. “Nothing. Yet. But I will leave him harmless…on one condition.”

Paul tried to ignore the sickening and sinking feeling in his gut, and choked out, “What do you want, you bloody demon…?”

The sunken face distorted into a smirk. “You know what I want.” He lifted his arm and pointed directly at Dawn. “I want her. I want her dead.” He stepped up so close that Paul could feel his breath billowing in his face. “Let’s say we make a little deal. I get the girl and kill her, while I leave you and your brother in peace. However…if you do not wish to abide…” he tipped his head, and Paul could see the silver of a long brandished knife gleaming in the moonlight, hidden behind his back. “You know what I am capable of.”

Dawn gulped and looked at Paul, waiting for his answer.

Paul hesitated. Part of him was wondering if he should say yes, and hand Dawn over. He always put himself before others, and he didn’t want anything to happen to Reiji. But the other part didn’t want anything to happen to Dawn, either, even though he knew he shouldn’t be giving in to these types of cute crap. But he couldn’t let Galactic win.

“No,” Paul said strongly. “I’d rather die than subject to your plans.”

Dawn whimpered at the man’s now-harsh gaze, and clutched Paul’s sleeve tighter.

“You’d rather die?” Cyrus’ voice got harsher. “Then you shall…” He pulled out some device, and pressed one of the buttons.

“What was that…you just did?” Dawn asked, shaking in fear.

“Oh, nothing, my dear…” he murmured with a bone-chilling smile that didn't seem kind at all. He began to stalk towards them as he tossed two Pokeballs in the air. “Crobat! Weavile! Eliminate these two.” The red beams materialized into a purple bat and a black and red feline who both growled as if they could already taste humans’ blood on their lips.

Paul grimaced and called out his Electivire. “Electivire, standby for battle!” Getting ready to command his Pokemon, he was too concentrated on what he was doing to get Dawn off of him, but she did let go of him eventually and tried to sneak away to get help.

“Not so fast,” Cyrus smirked as he reached for his knife. She regained her place at Paul’s side, as the three of them, only an Electivire, a defenseless teen girl and a reckless boy driven by rage, backed away but got ready for the fight of their lives…

Mesprit, help us!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ash…” Misty called out in the crowd, “Ash!!”

“Ash better get his backside over here. This is serious trouble…” Sara muttered, scanning the faces around her.

Misty nodded with her aqua eyes filled with concern. Finally a familiar voice piped up from the side of them.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Ash appeared behind a large lady dancing and talked to the two girls. “You were calling me.”

“Yes, we were,” Sara said, “It’s about Dawn.”

Ash looked baffled. “I haven’t seen her all this time, but she came with us to the ball,” he muttered thoughtfully. “Where could she be?”

The girls exchanged worried glances. Misty then blurted out, “She went outside after Paul. It’s been an hour and she hasn’t come back yet!”

Ash widened his auburn eyes, and then stared at his feet, thinking.

“What?” Drew and May’s voice seemed to come from nowhere as they made their way through the crowd to join them. Brock, Gary, Casey and Richie appered too. “Dawn’s gone missing?” May looked bewildered and worried, clutching her red dress tight in fear for her friend.

“And Paul,” Ash added darkly. “What happened, Mist?”

“If I knew that, I wouldn’t have asked you for help,” Misty said dryly. "I told you, she left with Paul and didn't come back."

“We could do an aerial search,” Drew offered. “We could find them easily if we look through the air. I have my Flygon.”

“I’ll come with you,” Sara said. Richie gave her a look that seemed to disapprove, but instead he stayed quiet.

“And me,” Ash spoke up, and took out Staraptor’s Pokeball and turned to them. “We have to find them, in case something happens!”

May looked at her green haired friend with wide sapphire eyes. “Please be careful, Drew,” she whispered.

Drew stared at her with a soft expression, and was about to say something before Ash dragged him away.

They raced out the door and once they were outside, they tossed Pokeballs into the air.

“Flygon, let’s go!”

“Staraptor, I choose you!”

“Maia, you’re in charge!”

A green striped dragon flapped its diamond shaped wings, Ash’s large bird crowed as it came out, and Sara’s yellow Dragonite hovered above them.

Ash climbed aboard, and told Staraptor, “We’re looking for Dawn and Paul.” Staraptor cawed to show he understood. “Okay, let’s go!”

“What will happen if we don’t find them?” Sara as she climbed onto her hazel-eyed Dragonite.

“Don’t say that,” Ash told her, calming down his bird Pokemon, who seemed to be more agitated than usual. “Be more positive.”

“I just hope they’re all right; May will kick my butt if I don’t find Dawn,” Drew muttered as the winged creatures took off, spreading a cloud of sand as they lifted off the ground.

The three scanned the sky, but they couldn’t see a thing from the distance they were at. “I can’t see anyone,” Sara complained.

"I'm beginning to think they left the island. This whole place is deserted!" Ash exclaimed.

“But we have to - Oh...my….” Drew’s voice trailed off at some unseen thing.

Sara looked ahead, too, and gaped, murmuring a flammable word that burned Ash’s ears.

When Ash looked ahead, he repeated it.

Ships with a “G” logo on it surrounded the sides of the island, with gigantic cannons ready to shoot, as if the commanders of them were waiting for something to leave. What seemed to be army troops, but not from any police force they knew gathered by the Fight Area, but they were already marching toward the Resort Area. The forest surrounding was torn apart by their Pokemon, flaming and clawed trees torn out of the ground as they approached the building at all sides.

As they stared helplessly at the damage done, and the bitter shock of seeing all the pain of the war coming back to them, they weren’t concentrating on anything and didn’t hear the air current change as someone approached behind them... flying on a powerful Pokemon. When they did, fear clutched their hearts as the familiar voice laughed and said:

“Surprise, Surprise. Remember me?”

Okay, so I'm pushing it with the cliffies. Sorry.
Eh, I've been a little shy coming here to update the story and I don't think I should continue...:(

Last edited:

darklord18

I like your story so far. I can't wait to find out what happens to Mira and Dawn.

Last edited:

~FireLeaf~

♫ Miss Murder ♫
Thanks, darklord. But...*is slowly losing confidence* :(

Darkness.

That was all Cynthia could see through one of the tiny holes in her prison, supposedly left for breathing. She was in an awkward position. Brittle strands of blond hair fell over her pale face, and her eyes reflected regret, hate, worry and fury flickering like minnows in icy blue pools.

How else could she react? She’d failed Dawn…tried to prevent her death, and for what? To be pummeled down by Jupiter, and captured, then given barely any food, water…with no dignity left. She took in a deep breath, trying to get the littlest bit of oxygen she could in the iron cell, virtually inescapable, and so tiny. She didn’t even think it had a door; they’d knocked her out before placing her inside…to make sure she wouldn’t get out the way she came in, probably.

Another painful cramp ran up her leg, and she changed position. This was very uncomfortable.

Suddenly, something rattled from outside. She could hear chains clanging together, and somebody’s sneering voice.

“Awww…lookie here. It’s the twerp who tried to stop Saturn from retrieving the meteorites at Veilstone about 3 years ago.” Cynthia recognized the harsh, rough tone of Commander Mars, but she had no idea who she was talking about.

“Yeah, I remember that guy.” An unfamiliar voice. Probably a grunt, Cynthia thought. “He was battlin’ with an Electabuzz. Heard it evolved, though.”

Electabuzz? Evolved? Paul has an Electabuzz that evolved… Could that be Paul who was captured? He was always a bit rash, but he was supposedly cunning enough to escape if they caught him. Peering through one of the holes again, she thought she saw dark lavender hair and black eyes gleaming in the gloom.

She felt cold waves of fear pass over her. So it really was Paul who got captured! Dawn would go nuts…but was Dawn here too? All of a sudden she felt faint. If the blue-haired girl was here, then Cynthia’s efforts would be in vain, and she’d be dead already. She forced herself to look back again. Commander Mars was circling Paul with a visible smirk on her face.

“So,” she said, “I believe you were caught prowling around our Warehouse? Spying, perhaps?”

Around their Warehouse? In Veilstone? I thought Paul was in the Resort Area.

His voice was only an exhausted croak, but it was still recognizable. “I wasn’t spying. I was taking a walk. It has nothing to do with you. Please let me go.”

That’s out of character.

“I’m not interested in that,” Mars snapped, forcing his chin up, making him wince. “You’re spying for your brother and his girlfriend. And where the other is, we’ll most likely find the weakness of our prize.” She bared her teeth like an animal, and spoke somewhat softly, “Where is your brother?”

Why do they want to know where Reiji is? Cynthia was trying to piece it all together; it just didn’t make any sense. What would they want with him? Her head hurt; it was so confusing.

Then it hit her.

It was the other way around.

Paul hadn’t been captured; Reiji was standing in front her cell, taking the blows that Mars gave him without a word or sound. And they were looking for Paul so they could track down Dawn. As Mars flashed a light in his face, her discovery was confirmed by the messy ponytail and bloodstained clothes and apron, which he usually kept so clean.

They probably were looking for a weakness, so they could get to her and kill Dawn without weakening themselves battling Ash and the others. She felt somewhat relieved that the younger sibling was safe, but she was also worried about Reiji. What would they do to him?

“Commander Mars.” Another grunt rushed into the room, sweating as if he’d run a long way. “We’ve just received orders from our Leader. He wants a direct attack on the Ribbon Syndicate Building ASAP.”

“Now?!” Mars rolled her blood-red eyes and sighed. “He never lets me kick around the prisoners. Alright. You,” Mars added, pointing at one of the grunts. “Take this young man to his new cell. We’ll deal with him later.” With a venomous glance at everybody in the room, she stalked away.

The grunts poked and slapped the 25 year old, who refused to move, until one of them grabbed him forcibly by the throat and dragged him along. Then he was out of view, although she could still hear his shouts of pain echoing in the night.

Before Mars left the room, she narrowed her blood-red eyes and stepped up close to Cynthia’s cell. “Are you comfortable?” She asked with a sarcastic smile.

“I could be better,” The blond Champion replied, seething.

“Hmmph. Look at her, The Champion, in all her glory. Ha!” She smirked at her, and said while walking out, “You’ll see, this is one battle you can’t win. And make sure you’re nice to us,” she added darkly, “We can decide your whole future. Whether you live…or die.”

Staring at her disappearing white-cloaked body, Cynthia couldn’t help wondering if Mars was right. Would they lose?

“Thunderpunch!” Paul called out.

“Dodge it and use Night Slash!”

Before he could even breathe in, Weavile had positioned itself behind a lumbering Electivire and was slashing at it with razor sharp claws. The Electric type tried to strike back, but once its sparking fist hurled towards the Razor Claw Pokemon, it just zoomed away as if it had vanished in a blink and sliced its other side. Crobat was doing the same thing, darting all around like a troublesome fly, biting and slicing with currents of air. Electivire howled in pain.

Paul growled in anger and desperation. Even with a type advantage, Cyrus’ Pokemon were too fast for his, and were taking no damage at all. Electivire was slowly getting exhausted, and in no time it would be knocked out.

Cyrus smirked, seeing the boy’s desperation. “Had enough yet?”

“Not just yet,” he spat back. “ My Pokemon is still awake. Electivire…!”

“I don’t think so,” The other trainer snarled, “Both of you! Hyper Beam!”

Dawn gasped in fear, her heartbeat doubling. If both the Hyper Beams hit, eben she knew Electivire wouldn’t stand a chance. Other than that, the double lasers would keep blasting forward until it rammed into them directly. Weakened, they would be wide open targets for Cyrus’ malicious plans.

“You can still turn this around,” Cyrus told the purple-haired trainer. “You can still surrender and get away unharmed.”

“No damn way,” Paul’s eyes narrowed, trying to look brave, but he gritted his teeth at the orange beams powering up in the Pokemon’s mouth, and knew he was doomed.

Without hesitating, Dawn whirled and hurled a Pokeball with a Capsule still on it. Paul might not exactly thank her for helping him, but he obviously needed a hand.

“Pachirisu, Discharge!!” In an explosion of hearts, a white-and blue squirrel burst out of the blue sphere and let loose a blast of blue lightning that caught Weavile and Crobat completely off guard. They both tumbled to the dusty ground and struggled to get up, blue sparks of electricity still crackling on their fur.

“What?!” Cyrus screeched.

Paul didn’t comment on the strength of her Pachirisu. Instead he turned towards her, his eyes burning with irritation and slight embarrassment.

“Well, thanks for nothing!” He snapped, not noticing her flinch. “I could have handled them fine!” Dawn was taken aback; she’d only been trying to help.

“Hey, Mister Arrogant, You needed help and you know it!” She practically yelled in his face. How could he just refuse her offer so rudely out of pride, when this was a matter of life and death? Paul looked baffled and angry, but then he murmured something that might or might not have been ‘thank you’. For a moment, the look in his eyes held a flashback of when they were about to kiss.

“Finish them!”

Cyrus’ voice woke her from her daydream as she faced him with an unusual scowl. His Pokemon were already up, and were glaring at them with fierce glints in their eerie scarlet eyes.

“You ready?” Dawn turned to him with a bright look in her eyes, and part of her hoped that he would want to team up. Because if they didn’t, they were as good as dead.

She sub consciously grabbed his hand, not caring what he said. They were in this together now.

Paul opened his mouth to say something sharp, before he saw the hopeful look on her pretty face, and grudgingly realized she was right. He nodded.

“Ready.”

Ash gaped, and boiled in anger as he recalled that hateful voice, the one who sold Pokemon for wealth, who abused them and took lives and shed blood to get what she desired. Fuming, he motioned his Staraptor to turn around; he well enough knew whose eyes he would look into- the pale gray eyes of Hunter J.

“I thought you worked alone, not for these losers,” Drew seethed, pointing down at the Team Galactic members below. J smirked, her pearl white teeth showing. Pikachu, who had hung onto Ash’s back for the ride, growled in fury at the one who had tried to sell him.

“I did,” she said, each word making Ash even angrier; “But now I choose to help punish those who ruined my career.” She smiled again, but spoke darkly, “Your lives end here, foolish brats.” The Salamence she rode on roared, hungry for battle and fighting. They were so heated with rage for each other that they didn’t see that Team Galactic was dangerously close to the building now.

Ash couldn’t tame his rage, and let it flow out uncontrollably. “You wish, *****! Staraptor, use Steel Wing!”

“Maia, use Draco Meteor!” Sara yelled, and Drew shouted, “Flygon, Crunch!”

Ash’s giant bird closed in on her, its open, glowing wings shining in the moonlight. Flygon opened its jaws to show jagged teeth, and closed in on the other side.

J gave them a cool expression, and snapped her fingers. “Extremespeed. Go.”

Salamence threw itself into the air so quickly that it only happened in a split second. Ash avoided running into Drew by swerving sideways, and looked up, glaring in hatred of J.

Yet, what took the gloating hunter completely by surprise were four enormous blue-green, fiery comets hurling towards her. They slammed into Salamence’s back and sent them falling to the forest floor as the rest of the comets hurtled and burnt her with their explosions.

“Bull’s-eye!” Sara yelled in triumph, and the others joined in until their faces changed to grimaces of sheer horror as J and the blue dragon appeared directly in front of her. J glared at her from under her black shades.

“Thought you got rid of me, eh? Don’t take my Double Team for granted.” She whispered, and took out her laser….pointing it directly at Sara. The brunette was completely frozen in shock, and Maia screeched and looked around nervously as the laser built power.

“Sara! Get out of the way!” Ash hollered, but she didn’t hear him, and she didn’t hear Drew yell, either. Her eyes were locked on the silver laser as it burned into her chest, feeling her insides grow cold as metal…

kawaii serebii

PokeSpe Collector
FireLeaf... you must be the evillest person I've ever met. You give us so many cliffies!!! But altogether, awesome chapter. well designed plan to stall reinforcements going to help Dawn and of course, detailed battling scenes

CutexDiamond

Coordinating Lover
Cute. I liked it and you had really good details.

Rissychan

Meri Kurisumasu
I really should check the Shippings fic section more often! XD I'm so sorry Fireleaf each time I forget that you post your fic here and not on ly on ff.net XD
I had like two chapter to read XD
My my this is going bad for our favourite pairing D: I was so disappointed that Cyrus broke the moment, you even put in the famous phrase Paul said to Dawn during the tag battles that was so cute X3
Keep it up Fireleaf! I'll sure read the next chapters! n_n

<3