• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gender Double Standard

Gelatino95

Not a tool
If someone hits you, it doesn't really make you a better person to hit them back, no matter who they are. Besides, if a girl hits you, it probably won't hurt (in my experience)

ShadeShadow

(>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
i follow this logic : if someone hits me, i hit them back harder REGARDLESS OF GENDER. being "weak" does not give women the right to do something bad and not get properly punished for it.

Quoted for the truth.

And it won't make you a better person when you strike back, but it's what the person gets.

And sexism is a bit loose as well. We need to just level it all out.

Hm? The male gender is 'rooted in misogyny'? What do you mean?

Though perhaps he could have stated it differently to guard against such an interpretation, that isn't quite what he said. He was saying that 99 percent of men's problems are related to misogyny.

Not like that makes the figure of 99% even remotely accurate, since there are undoubtedly health problems exclusive to men.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Though perhaps he could have stated it differently to guard against such an interpretation, that isn't quite what he said. He was saying that 99 percent of men's problems are related to misogyny.

Not like that makes the figure of 99% even remotely accurate, since there are undoubtedly health problems exclusive to men.

Oh, I did read it wrong. I put "because of their gender" and "rooted in misogyny" together. I don't think it's 99% either...

Misogyny degrades the men who have it. It makes them weaker people in general when they must rely on looking down on someone else to gain confidence.

sanjay120

?(???)?

sex != gender. the only gender-related health problems men have are the mental problems that trans men might have, and cissexism is a result of misogyny, so really it's only any sort of body dysphoria that could not be resolved with surgery or hormones. a very small percentage.

manaphy72

I absolutely agree with you in the first part of your Thread. Here is why.

When I was 4, My parents got to the point that I thought They were gonna kill eachother, My dad screamed in my mothers face and even broke through a door that she locked herself behind, My dad isnt abusive physically but through his mental thoughts and his mental speeches and arguements he always won by making my mom cry. My mother is a wonderful women and she never hit my dad.

So the reason a lot of moms get the custody battles won is because usually Women recover over Divorce more than the men, Believe it or not. Also another reason For men to lose on the spot is... If they are in the Military. My father is in the Marines and Thats one reason why he lost the custody battle, and it happens to alot of different men as well.

But I honestly dont understand why If a women slaps a man, She doesnt get arrested. Thats abuse, and Physical abuse. 2 illegal things women get out of easier than men do.

Now I am not saying that women dont get in trouble, But most of the time they usually wont get in trouble.

I see that Alleviate was banned, but I'm still going to respond.

I'm sure they'd love to get drafted.
No one wants to get drafted. However, if the government ever required me to be drafted, I would do it.

Women being drafted has always been a hot button issue. It's a main reason why the ERA wasn't passed. This was not because women wanted special treatment, but rather long time beliefs of male dominance in strength, etc.

I'm sure they'd love to never get pregnant.
This doesn't relate. Being pregnant could be considered a privilege.

I'm sure firefighters love when they're trapped under burning debris and some weakass women can't pull them out.
Not every single woman is going to want to be a firefighter. Your firefighter, male or female, is going to be strong. Not every man is going to want to be a firefighter either. Some "weakass" man might not have been able to pull someone out either. Not every man is going to be super-strong.

Just because someone is physically not as strong as someone else doesn't make them less of a person, an individual, etc. If we didn't have so many cultural barriers such as double standards, laws, history, gender policing, we would live much happier lives to our full human potentials.

Last edited: