• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Genie's Lamp

Usatoday

Eternal God
Team Preview
437.gif
641.gif
573.gif
214.gif
230.gif
233.gif

Teambuilding Process

437.gif

Now I wanted to use a bronzong and I wanted to try out something rather unique.
437.gif
641.gif

With bronzong there had a pokemon I had wanted to try since it dropped and that was tornadus.
437.gif
641.gif
573.gif

next I wanted an underrated threat to destroy pokemon such as zapdos and suicune so I looked at NU for some help and found cincinno
437.gif
641.gif
573.gif
214.gif

Now came a hard part a good status absorber that can plow through common physical walls such as slowbro and tangrowth.
437.gif
641.gif
573.gif
214.gif
230.gif

Next I wanted a pokemon besides tornadus to abuse the rain so kingdra should help plow through teams with a double stab hydro pump in the rain.
437.gif
641.gif
573.gif
214.gif
230.gif
233.gif

Finally I wanted a special wall and something that could go toe to toe with specs kingdra and also help cover flygon incase bronzong goes down.

437__bronzong_by_rukari_boy-d4wnucs.png

Bronzong @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Say hello to bronzong a pokemon that is a common sight in the UU tier as its fantastic typing allows it to combat pokemon such as krookodile and crobat as its fanatstic ability and typing grant it one weakness and that is to fire. Now i realized upon wanting to use a bronzong that it lacks no reliable recovery but there was one item that could help this and this was the item chesto berry as it wouldn't spoil with a will o wisp but could also heal bronzong back up to full health and wake it up. Earthquake is there to help hit victini upon switch in and to potentially hit a magneton incase they try to trap bronzong. Gyro ball is the preferred stab move as with bronzong's slow speed it will hit the tier hard as much of it is fast such as crobat and scarf heracross. Finally i have hidden power ice to nail the ever elusive flygon and to get rid of the pest known as gligar.

641___tornadus_by_tails19950-d3cb6sq.png

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance
- Tailwind
Now with tornadus i decided to go with a rather supportive set as opposed to the choice specs and choice scarf sets i've been seeing around pokemon showdown and pokemon online. Rain dance is there to be a help to kingdra and let it sweep late game as it will domlish anything in its path and it pairs well when giving hurricane a better accuracy. Focus blast is there primarily to hit snorlax upon switch in incase heracross has died already. Hurricane gets a handy stab move that will destroy anything that doesn't resist it and helps to destroy calm mind and swords dance virizion as well as utterly annihilate shaymin. Finally i have tailwind there as a secondary support move to use just as im about to go down as when paired with either a choice band heracross or to help set it up for cincinno to start wrecking face. Tailwind and rain dance work especially well on tornadus of all things because of one thing its ability prankster which gives it priority over every non priority move and every priority move on any pokemon that doesnt outspeed it namely weavile. So send it in on a threat to set up either one of these moves then sacrifice tornadus and threaten up.

cinccino_by_requestfag-d4qemoh.png

Cinccino @ Expert Belt
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
Now cincinno is a pokemon I myself have ever seen use in any tier above NU except for a close friend whose in love with cincinno and i can see why with skill link and access to three different multihitting moves it becomes very potent when combined with its blistering 115 speed which ties the legendary ambipom however cincinno has something over ambipom the ability to bluff a choice band set especially when combined with expert belt as theres no leftover recover and no passive damage from life orb so most people assume its a choice banded cincinno which makes it the perfect bluffer as i tail slap a pokemon to death and they send in rhyperior which can be killed with a bullet seed with some damage racked on it already. Bullet seed as mentioned is there to hit bulky waters such as slowbro suicune and pokemon like rhyperior while rock blast helps to nail chandelure after i know its not scarfed as well as nail life orb darmanitan. Then there's tail slap for a stab move and finally i added u-turn to help give cincinno a scouting potential and also helps to bluff the choice banded set.

heracross_art.jpg

Heracross @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
Say hello to this teams fighting type and one of the best ones in the underused tier heracross. A pokemon that with its dual stab will force switches left and right and with good reason as it can threaten to two hit ko anything in the tier with all its moves combined not named gligar. Close combat is there to demolish snorlax and bronzong while megahorn will demolish slowbro sharmin and azelf. Pursuit is to help revenge kill pokemon such as slowbro when theyre low on health and wanting to heal off by switching out. Finally I have earthquake there to flat out destroy chandelure as it trys to switch in predicting a fighting move.

chibi_kingdra_by_chocodip-d386l9s.png

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Now here is a pokemon that will threaten to ohko all of your team if your not careful and with the boost from choice specs it becomes even more deadly. Now tornadus dropping to UU was a blessing for kingdra as it brought the chance for manual rain to rise high with both pokemon within the same tier. Now rain benefits kingdra not only as a double stab on its hydro pump but also because it can outspeed any pokemon bar another kingdra within the UU tier. Hydro pump will destroy anything allow it to function as a great late game cleaner if i can get tornadus in to set up the rain once pokemon like empoleon and other kingdra are gone. Draco meteor allows for kingdra to demolish pokemon from all shapes and sizes such as mismagius and slowbro as they are both ohkod after stealth rocks next up is dragon pulse incase i decide i want a more reliable stab move other than hydro pump and dont want the special attack drop from draco meteor and hidden power grass is there to nail swampert and blastoise when they switch in when i dont have rain up

img-thing

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
Say hello to perhaps my favorite pokemon ever invented porygon2. However porygon2 got an even bigger boon this generation with the introduction of eviolite and with a specially defensive it hit 475 special defensive giving it the ability to sponge a focus blast from gengar and have it only do 40%, however porygon is here for a few main reasons first off to combat tornadus moving down to wall chandelure who gives this team hell otherwise and incase i play po to wall the hell out of jolteon so my team isnt destroyed by voltturn. Porygon2 also has access to recovery in the form of recover unlike bronzong allowing it to combat any special attacker such as shaymin. Next off theres toxic to hit pokemon like blastoise and snorlax and cripple them for the rest of the match bar they run rest. Next off is ice beam to help porygon2 aid bronzong in its quest to wall flygon and incase bronzong goes down. Discharge is there to hit kingdra and potentially paralyze it so i can take care of it easier and to hit slowbro hard.

Pokemon Showdown Logs
| 1 | 2 | 3 |

Bronzong @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance
- Tailwind

Cinccino @ Expert Belt
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap

Heracross @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
I can see that you struggle against Crocune and that after Cinccino dies (which is not that hard because of its defenses) you really cant do anything to it even before it sets up a Calm mind. So, I suggest that you add a Roserade or a Shaymin to deal with this large threat. Roserade is especially good because of its ability to set up spikes alongside but Shaymin has a chance to negate spatk boosts with seed flare.

Klaus™

Banned
i promised a rate. so here it is, i might expand on it later though.

first off, make bronzong stealth rock>Rest, and possibly Protect>Earthquake
also, leftovers>chesto berry

stealth rock is vitally needed, to stop threats such as chandelure(which nothing can really switch into safely, bar a near full-health kingdra and porygon2), and scarf variants eat that as well. what does eq really hit? the only steels in uu are registeel, empoleon, and bronzong(which isn't affected by eq anyway), and the only 3 common fire types are victini(possibly not a ohko anyway), arcanine(a lot are bulky anyway), and chandelure. protect+lefties gives it scouting abilities and lefties recovery.

i would also recommend banded cincinno as well. it doesn't really have good enough coverage to warrant ebelt, and it doesn't really hit hard enough if it doesn't get the boost(it seems).

i might update this later, but i wish you the best of luck, and i'll vm you if i ever think of some threats.

Usatoday

Eternal God
You are aware of trace walling chandelure to hell and back right anyways roserade will be tested offensively as a sleep stauser

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I'm not normally one to suggest this but, your team seems really frail, have you considered adding another Pokemon with reliable recovery? I'll go through your team later to think of what you should change if your ok with this thought.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
I'm not normally one to suggest this but, your team seems really frail, have you considered adding another Pokemon with reliable recovery? I'll go through your team later to think of what you should change if your ok with this thought.

LOL. How in the world is this team frail? Are all your teams SkarmBliss or something? It has a ChestoResto Bronzong and Porygon2 with Recover, both of which are very bulky Pokemon. If it gets any more defensive it could be classified as a semi-stall team, while currently it is more balanced. The team mainly has synergy issues, but otherwise it seems good.

EDIT: Sorry about the personal attack Dragonicwari.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
LOL. How in the world is this team frail? Are all your teams SkarmBliss or something? It has a ChestoResto Bronzong and Porygon2 with Recover, both of which are very bulky Pokemon. If it gets any more defensive it could be classified as a semi-stall team, while currently it is more balanced. The team mainly has synergy issues, but otherwise it seems good.

EDIT: Sorry about the personal attack Dragonicwari.

I didn't view this as a personal attack at all to be honest. I normally run either HO or bulky offense so balanced teams are a little awkward for me (and I only rated this on a request from him, I wouldn't have otherwise as I'm out of practice). But let's take a look see;

Bronzong; not frail at all, though I hardly consider rest reliable recovery

Tornadus; maybe I'm remembering wrong but isn't he frail? I never played uu with him in it so he might be a bit bulkier in uu

Cinccino; yeah, 75/60/60 base defenses aren't getting it very far, luckily it does have speed but can't switch into anything

Heracross; It's better than cincino but it won't want to switch into an attack from a fast mon as I can see it getting 2hko'd a lot

Kingdra; I remember it being fairly bulky but not amazing either

Porygon 2; definitely bulky

Maybe I should explain myself more, about 1/3 of his team can actually switch in repetitively (once bronzong uses his berry that's down the drain to) as most of his team is afraid of being 2hko'd. Maybe I've been out of the metagame for to long and am underestimating everything. If that's the case feel free to say so

Darmanitan

Just to prove my point I took one of the biggest powerhouses I remembered from back when I played uu, Darmanitan. A Darmanitan with a choice scarf, 252 atk ev's and a neutral nature can deal a lot of damage to your team. Darmanitan vs;

Bronzong 252Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan (Neutral) Flare Blitz vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Levitate Bronzong (+Def): 103% - 122% (350 - 414 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Tornadus 252Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan (Neutral) Flare Blitz vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Tornadus (Neutral): 120% - 142% (361 - 426 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Cinccino 252Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan (Neutral) Flare Blitz vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Cinccino (Neutral): 139% - 164% (408 - 480 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Heracross 252Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan (Neutral) Flare Blitz vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Heracross (Neutral): 226% - 266% (684 - 806 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Kingdra 252Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan (Neutral) Flare Blitz vs 4HP/0Def Leftovers Damp Kingdra (Neutral): 23% - 28% (70 - 82 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.

Porygon 2 252Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan (Neutral) Flare Blitz vs 252HP/0Def Eviolite Porygon2 (Neutral): 52% - 62% (196 - 232 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

So other than Kingdra, your team has absolutely nothing that can switch into a flare blitz and live/ can ko Darmanitan on the second turn

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
I think you could run stealth rock on the zong instead of rest, and try umbreon over cinccino. Personally, it is just to frail for UU. Any prio, like e-speed arcanine or aqua jet azumarill, will force a switch. I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure a t-bolt from a scarfed zapdos would OHKO it. Umbreon would add wish support as well as another toxic staller to the team. And it pisses people off.