• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gensokyo the Rain Loved (Rain OU)

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
The Gensokyo the Rain Loved

Alright then, I've been listening to a lot of Touhou music for a while now and I always thought that the track's titles can be made into really good puns. I wanted to make a rain team based around Raikou, and my Touhou side of me decided to come on in and build this team. The title's based of Nitori's Stage Theme, The Gensokyo the Gods Loved. This team's also experimental as some of it's main stars are from lower tiers. Though, Stall does give me a huge problem... CHANGES IN RED

243.gif

I wanted to build a team based on Raikou, so I started off with Raikou
243.gif
186f.gif

I thought Raikou's weather set looked pretty good, so I added in Politoed
243.gif
186f.gif
184.gif

I wanted a good priority user and rain abuser. Azumarill was a natural choice for me
243.gif
186f.gif
184.gif
445f.gif

I needed a set up sweeper, so I added in Garchomp.
243.gif
186f.gif
184.gif
445f.gif
205.gif

Needing a Spinner, Wall, and Hazard setter, I though Foretress would be a natural choice
243.gif
186f.gif
184.gif
445f.gif
205.gif
462.gif

Seeing that Steel-types walled me, I added in Magnezone to take care of them.
243.gif
186f.gif
184.gif
445f.gif
205.gif
146.gif

After testing the team for a while, I changed Garchomp to a Scarf set, and with some help replaced Magnezone with Moltres, a good rain abuser and steel counter for my team.

Swr-portrait-marisa.png

Marisa (Raikou) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Rash Nature
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere
- Weather Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Marisa lives up to her name as just an Ordinary Magician of Love. While she is an event Raikou, meaning she’s forced to have a rash nature, she hits like a truck with life orb. Thunder is her primary stab move, and hits almost anything hard in the rain, well, that she can out speed and decimate. Aura Sphere is to take care of everyone’s favorite defensive steel-type Ferrothorn. Weather Ball is the crux of the set, as a base 150 water type attack makes most of her normal counters scream in agony when they think they can switch into her MASTA SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK Thunder attack. HP Ice is there to cover the Lati Twins and Breloom, two pokemon that can switch in on this set in the rain and either take her out powerful STAB moves or force a switch with Spore.

Overall Marisa works well as a late-game cleaner. She can easily come in on a weakened team and destroy the scraps, and her power is pretty hard to match. Though, Blissey can come on in and force her out.

Soku-portrait-sanae.png

Sanae (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Sanae is my attempt at a defensive Politoed, which I suck at playing with. Her main job is to set up rain for my team, and provide support in the form of Toxic and Perish Song. Toxic is useful for wearing down sweepers who are a huge threat to my team, and also walls like Blissey and Jellicent. Perish Song is very useful in forcing out stalling Pokemon like Umbreon and Blissey, as well as certain sweepers as well, making Sanae useful for becoming a ticking time bomb of death for the opponents, wearing them down with Toxic and forcing them out with Perish Song. Scald can be used against physical sweepers and hope for the burn chance, and ice beam is there to deal with Dragons and Breloom.

Swr-portrait-udonge.png

Reisen (Azumarill) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Reisen Udongein Inaba, or just Reisen is a very powerful Pokemon and serves as an offensive pivot on my team. With her ability of Huge Power, it makes this little lunar Azumarill hit like a meteor, especially if she is boosted by the rain. Her Choice band only furthers her power, with her reaching a comfortable 654 base attack. Aqua Jet is her Primary move of choice, allowing her to out speed most Pokemon and destroy them without warning, well, in the rain. For grass and dragon types thinking they can switch into an Aqua Jet, they’d be surprised when they get an Ice Punch to their face. Superpower takes care of a little pain called Ferrothorn, who his normally OHKO’d to 2HKO’d by Superpower, depending on rocks and prior damage. Waterfall is a more powerful, alternate S.T.A.B that will decimate almost anything in her path in the rain, with knowledge if the Pokemon isn’t named Jellicent or Water Absorb Vaporeon.

Her EVs are made for her to be a more of a Bulky Sweeper who sacrifices speed for bulk and power. Breloom is a problem, but normally prediction can easily take care of the mushroom. She also can come on in late game like Marisa and clean up, but also come in early game like Sakuya and punch major holes into most opponents teams

Swr-portrait-sakuya.png

Sakuya (Garchomp) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Ahh, Sakuya’s our good old standard ScarfChomp. Stone Edge is to it Flying-Types such as Tornadus and Staraptor, while wreaking ice type counters as well. Outrage is our main stab, dealing major damage to anything that doesn’t resist it. Earthquake makes quick work of steel types that isn’t named Skarmory or Ferrothorn, and Fire Fang is for those two, but I have to use it outside of rain.

Her main Job is to punch huge holes in the opponents team, giving the opening of Marisa or Reisen to come in and clean up, or for Suika to come on in and sweep. Though, if Skarmory is taken off of the field, Sakuya can come on in and do a pretty good sweep with Outrage.
Swr-portrait-tenshi.png

Tenshi (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Tenshi’s my Physical Wall here, being able to tank Special hits like it’s nothing. The IVs are so Gyro Ball can hit hard to anything that doesn’t resist it. She also doubles as my Spinner and Hazards Setter, which is a nice two in one combo deal. Volt Switch is to safely switch out of an attack.

Since she is my only rapid spinner, I have to take extra care to make sure she survives often. Meaning she's usually forced to come on in earlier game to set up rocks, and can really only switch in to physical sweepers to spin.

Swr-portrait-suika.png

Suika (Dragonite) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Hurricane
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder

Ahh Suika. MixNite in the rain is a beast. She can DD on something she forces out and proceed to destroy with DD and her two Special Attacks. Hurricane is a great STAB in the rain that takes care of many threats that would normally switch it. Dragon Claw is to hit Special Walls and everything weak to it. Thunder hits hard in the rain and hits bulky waters like a truck. Overall she covers a lot of different things

Mild nature is there so her attacking stats aren't hurt while getting a boost to her Special Attacks. Her EVs are made so that she can hit hard on both fronts without really wasting to much power on either side. She works really well as a late game cleaner

Marisa (Raikou) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere
- Weather Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sanae (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk