• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ghost At Maiden's Peak (020)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Of course, this is several years BEFORE dub YGO(at least 4 years before) :p

Anyway, this was an interesting episode. Not my favorite Kanto episode, but still had me watching. Ash took the back seat for a change, Gastly was shown to have several cool powers(although we could have done without Venustoise. Although it was rather well done(probably because the people making it weren't fans, but actual artists), Pokemon fusions are NOT COOL.), and there's a nice Japanese feel to it(even with weird edits. Uh, taking out kanji on Misty's fans despite her being surrounded by people in kimono? Riiiight...).

H

Ho-oh

hi
I,m new.

I thought that this episode was very good.
I liked the part where jessie tells james that the "anti-ghost" stickers were for free and james starts to cry.

could somone be my Buddy?
from ho-oh
p.s has anyone seen quiet Lugia? If you have can you please tell me .

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I love this episode for the ghost story, the legend of the maiden, the shipping (hee hee, James and Brock are great in this episode), and the humor. I liked gastly asking Misty if she thought he was a vampire, Brock getting bowled over the crowd, and Jessie blasting a hole through the "maiden". You go, girl. ;)

Oh yes, I forgot, I love the part where Ash waves his hand in front of Brock's face. LOL It's almost as funny as the later episode where Ash tells Brock to open his eyes.

Overall, great classic episode.

Last edited:

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
ChaosMage said:
Is it true Chimecho (or something very similar) is on a candle at the end? It's a thin blue line that looks like no other pokemon I know of. A mistake or what? I doubt Chimecho existed at this point, unless it was kept back for two generations.

I've been trying to get this episode to see it again because I remembered your post about this rumor for the longest time. I finally got to see it again (in Japanese) today. It does bare a striking resemblence to Chimecho on the candle.

Also the song played at the festival is the same one at the end of the first part of the BF episodes. I'll take that song anyday over Glory Day.

This was a damn good episode. Some the scenes in it remind me why I started watching Pokemon in the first place. Some of the music used was also used in the dub version as well.

That's an amazing episode. I agree with you guys, there's never episodes like that one anymore. ):
The Brock and James thing was funny, Ghastly was hilarious (I suppose the actual ghost taught him to talk... who taught him economics, though?), and the tradition Japanese element was interesting.

9.5/10

That's an amazing episode. I agree with you guys, there's never episodes like that one anymore. ):
The Brock and James thing was funny, Ghastly was hilarious (I suppose the actual ghost taught him to talk... who taught him economics, though?), and the tradition Japanese element was interesting.

9.5/10

JONNO.FRESH

This epi was kool. Gastly being the Maiden and the old wowen was pretty kool. Brock and James where funny and Misty looked hot at the end with her hair down

I loved loved LOVED the music everytime the maiden would appear, the sad song truly one of my fav episodes.

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
I wonder, why is this the ONLY episode a ghost pokemon was allowed to speak human? It'd have been a nice treat if they all could.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Riva said:
I wonder, why is this the ONLY episode a ghost pokemon was allowed to speak human? It'd have been a nice treat if they all could.
Maybe it's because of the fact is was around the genesis of the show when plots were more fluid; no Pokemon is supposed to say more than it's own name, that's just how it is.

Perhaps this is a special ghost pokemon as meowth is a special meowth whom can talk. I still think the music cues in this episode stole the show...great writing and great score made this episode fantastic.

I know I mentioned it but everytime the Ghost made her appearnce and we heard that sad piano song it really set the mood.

nickstr

I agree it is a good episode and one of my favorites also liked the scene at the end Misty looked so good in that kimono that Ash was speechless. I liked that scene so much that a still from it is my avatar!

Battra

Excellent episode very funny, i'm glad 4kids left the whole Japaneses festival in the episode gives a nice little insight into Japanese culture, Misty was very pretty in her pink kimono. I loved the talking Gastly and his style of battling.

Leona

YOU JELLY?
umm may i ask what the hell happened to this episode? o_O i haven't seen this around that much...not as much as i've seen the rest of the episodes in this season. Heh anyway yet again, Brock reacting over a girl but she's a bloody statue.. lol

The Thing I liked about this episode is that they decided to keep the Japanese Festival in it. (for some reason, they don't do that anymore.....)
James and Brock were funny in this episode too.
The Ghastly was kinda funny.