• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ghost Train Departs... (1180)

RafaSceptile

Did Ash even bring up all the Z-Move stuff in the next episode
No, it was just a "hey remember this thing exist because Ash will use it in the next episode!", but I guess is better than nothing.
Also Volkner appeared for like 5 seconds on Ash's Rotom Smartphone so that doesn't count.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time (for srs):
Watching this, I feel that Ash got what he deserved, it was essentially his fault that they ended up on the ghost train, so him getting possessed by one of Spiritomb's spirits seems like a fitting punishment. This is why you look where you are going. I'm not too surprised Ash and Go were unable to lift the Keystone, considering Brock was barely able to do so in DP056, and regarding Spiritomb, animation quality in general has definitely improved over the years and I'd say that Spiritomb looked less flat in this episode because you could see the glow effect in the spirit orb rather than a block colour. Go getting a Shedinja out of nowhere following the Nincada evolution was certainly something, and when I saw the Nincada, I initially thought that it was random, but then I remembered Shedinja is part Ghost.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Yeah idk this was fine. Not a lot to say but I'm happy to see Gengar doing things outside a non battle context and helping solve a thematically appropriate problem in the episode. Wish he didn't appear until 3/4ths of the way through but that's JN for yeah I guess. Fun ghost train adventure and decent introduction for Allister.

Overall a go watch No Way Home/10

nuzamaki90

Did Ash recall what Goh asked him in the previous episode.
No, Ash just says that he went and got it because he wanted to use the strongest Electric-type move against the strongest Electric-type Gym Leader. It’s not hard to infer that he did off-screen though, which is why the writers specifically put in two scenes where Goh asks Ash where his Z-Ring is and Goh being knowledgeable about their Z-Crystal, including the name, because obviously Ash told him about it.

The whole point of having an episode focused on Z-Moves was so it directly connects to the next episode where Ash used his own.

It’s the same with this episode introducing Allister, letting him witness Ash’s Gengar’s skills while it was saving the train, and have a reason to want to help Ash in the following episode. JN really seems to throw some of you guys for a loop when it comes to the episodes that actually connect with each other.

Morax

King of heroes
He is Ash just being Ash, which is why people don't see Serena or Goh's mutual-relations with Ash as "special", which I mostly agree as on the Ash's side, it just feels generic and on a similar level to other Ash's friends
Naruto treats hinata no differently than he does sakura/ino etc….even though they’re married. Goku hasn’t kissed his wife in forever. Don’t apply your western concepts of romance to japanese products.

LazySpy

Kimty

LazySpy

Kimty
Loved it all the way. You told me it would be disappointing :V
No, I didn't, I told you critcics I trust say it's bad but entertaining :p
(I mean what one finds disappointing is 100% subjective)

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
My only comment is , please evovle that grookey , this green monkey is tottaly getting annoying right now , the fact that he cause the problem , not cute at All