• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ghost Train Departs... (1180)

UglyToast

I watched the episode yesterday but haven't gotten around to write anything in here.
I give this episode 8.2/10 from me, possessed Ash actually made me uncomfortable for some reason, and this was a good intruduction for Allister, wondering If we ever gonna see Bea and Allister in the same episode since they share the same gym.

nuzamaki90

Reach 101, especially where you need to justify and connect the two events through 'inferred' off-screen magic.

He used his Z-Ring in the next episode because he wanted to "use the strongest Electric type move against the strongest Electric type trainer he knows". There was absolutely no correlation with the Alola race episode other than the mere concept of Z-Moves.
Yeah, no. To argue otherwise is going out of your way to ignore the dialogue in the episodes that connect everything together. I don’t know if you’ve watched JN since the beginning, but several times things have happened off screen and are explained as such. Even the marketing made a point to connect the episodes together.

If you honestly think an episode reintroducing Z-Moves, taking note of Ash not having his Z-Ring on himself at the time, and then having Ash get his Z-Ring for the battle in the next episode, with Goh somehow someway knowing about Ash’s exclusive Z-Crystal is all just a big coincidence, then you guys honestly don’t understand the show you are watching.

nuzamaki90

Please do show me on-screen evidence from JN077 that narratively links it to JN076 and Ash's decision to get the Z-Ring then, I'm waiting.
I already did and you called it a reach. In episode 76 Goh notes that Ash can use Z-Moves too, but Ash says he didn’t bring his Z-Ring with him that day. Ash then proceeds to give advice on how to actually use a Z-Move properly. Ash says in the next episode that once he found out Volkner was his opponent he decided that he’d use the strongest Electric-type move, which is his own Z-Crystal. Goh also comments on Ash’s Z-Crystal, including its name which is the crystallization of their bond. All that tells us is that during the week in-universe between Ash getting the Hyper Class notification and his battle with Volkner, Ash and Goh went to Pallet Town so Ash could retrieve his Z-Ring and Ash told Goh about it.

Even if you choose to ignore the episode being about the reintroduction of Z-Moves, Ash learning Volkner is his future opponent in episode 76, and then in episode 77 saying that the notification influenced him to use his Z-Ring, directly links both episodes narratively.

You can call it a reach but by doing that you’re admitting that you didn’t understand what had happened. Time for your rebuttal, I’m waiting.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

>battle crazy idiot protagonist
>loves food
>oblivious to women and romance
>training arcs
>screaming attacks
>wants to be the strongest
>perverted side characters
>one-sided love interests
>tournaments
>power of friendship
>tons of plot armor and contrived power ups

Yeah you must be blind.
No, I actually know the difference between kodomo anime and shounen anime

BobbbidyBob

Now that I think about it...this was like the Pokemon Halloween version of The Polar Express

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I don’t know why but the Satoshi possession scenes make me kind of uncomfortable. Definitely an episode I don’t see myself returning by to for rewatches because of that reason.
I had been expecting Spiritomb to be mischievous like Gengar, or frightening in an anime sense, I wasn't expecting the cruelty for the sake of it that we got in the episode. That joy at tormenting someone, and especially the part where he restrains Goh to be battered by the Ninjask were both too real for me, and I just found them unpleasant to watch. It was a major case of tonal whiplash.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I had been expecting Spiritomb to be mischievous like Gengar, or frightening in an anime sense, I wasn't expecting the cruelty for the sake of it that we got in the episode. That joy at tormenting someone, and especially the part where he restrains Goh to be battered by the Ninjask were both too real for me, and I just found them unpleasant to watch. It was a major case of tonal whiplash.
This pretty much sums up how I feel.

Well I guess it’s also totally canonically within character for the Pokémon made of 108 evil spirits to do pretty vile things but the fact the possession and actions were invasive to a child character’s soul/body made me a bit uneasy ^^;; They were really trying to make light of it through comedy but it still came off oddly eck.

It does a good job making you “uncomfortable” for an episode focusing on ghost/spiritual lore and spookiness in that regard I guess. Gengar’s behavior had a story and morality attached to it and technically it was just being salty and the curse was bunk in the end.

>battle crazy idiot protagonist
>loves food
>oblivious to women and romance
>training arcs
>screaming attacks
>wants to be the strongest
>perverted side characters
>one-sided love interests
>tournaments
>power of friendship
>tons of plot armor and contrived power ups

Yeah you must be blind.
Most love-interests who are into Ash are one sided, except for you know who. Yes Ash likes a certain female companion back in my headcanon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Hot take: Star Wars episodes 7-9 weren’t that bad. I loved the interactions between Rey and Ben, even though Rey’s character could have been handled much (much, much) better.
Na Rise of Skywalker just sucked because they didn't know what they wanted to do with the story. They should have just stuck with what TLJ laid out for them without going on to half ass everything
My hot take is that TLJ is actually a good movie and the only good sequel movie that made me care for the characters and excited for the future because it felt like the sequels finally had their own identity and sense, just like the prequels before them, and not being a rehash of the OT but worse that JJ ended up doing.
We should probbly not use that kind of language on this site unless we are discussing a more mature show...
Even if someone discusses a mature show they could do it without using dumbass slurs for no reason other then to look edgy while hating on a kids show in the most pretentious way possible. It's irritating as hell

nuzamaki90

You know, the joke you made in the beginning was genuinely funny, but maybe not a good idea to mock/antagonize someone for being offended by the use of the word. At the end of the day it’s still a slur and there are PLENTY of alternatives to use

And before you say “it’s not censored therefore it’s okay to use”, neither are the n word or another little slur for my Hispanics in the building. Its 2021, let’s leave that stuff back in 2009’s MW2 lobbies.

Last edited:

LazySpy

Kimty
You know, the joke you made in the beginning was genuinely funny, but maybe not a good idea to mock/antagonize someone for being offended by the use of the word. At the end of the day it’s still a slur and there are PLENTY of alternatives to use

And before you say “it’s not censored therefore it’s okay to use”, neither are the n word or another little slur for my Hispanics in the building. Its 2021, let’s leave that stuff back in 2009’s MW2 lobbies.
Expressing my pain and frustration with an image I find funny is antagonizing now, apparently

Strike 2
8cee6dfcbe0cf51f9bc23ef72c655977.png

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Starswirl Pikachu

Ghost train reminds me of Final fantasy III on the Super nintendo entertainment system. Although in this case, Ash and Goh didn't fight the train but only went for a ride. I also recall a movie about a demon train that was quite amusing but the title of it escapes me.