• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gifts of Gratitude [OU RMT]

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Hey everyone. This is probably my most successful OU team so I'd like ti get further help.

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Fake Out

Standard LeadApe. I like it because it has the ability to take out the opposing lead as well as SR.
---

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Latias is banned so it is back to mence!
---
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Thunderpunch

This is a great revenge killer. Its type coverage can kill scizor, gyara and mence alike.
---

Tyranitar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
I've never actually used a T-tar before and I want to give it a try. However, DD isn't going to well. I'm not running babiri as my team can deal reasonably with scizor although I might put it back. I might go with a pursuit set though or a sub set. I'm testing other tar sets at the moment.

---
Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

This pairs nicely with Tar and can stop sweepers and walls alike.

---
Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Rest

This is the star of my team. It is epic. I get like 1 or 2 kills each time. Seed flare rapes all these tyranitars. HP Ice kills mence that doesn't realise that shaymin is faster and all the non scarf heatran that haven't heard of earth power. It is great.
---

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Threat list.

Scizor - Jirachi, infernape and latias easily deal with it.
Salamence - Latias, jirachi and shaymin can kill it.
Tyranitar - Shaymin, jirachi and gliscor can beat it down.
Latias - Shaymin, tyranitar and latias can deal with it.
Heatran - Shaymin can kill non scarfers and tyranitar can also kill it.
Gyarados - Jirach and shaymin can wear it down.
Metagross - Shaymin, latias and gliscor can kill it.
Jirachi
Infernape
Lucario
Gengar
Rotom-H
Swampert
Starmie
Blissey
Azelf
Gliscor
Magnezone
Skarmory
Machamp
Vapereon
Breloom
Dragonite
Zapdos
Flygon
Kingdra
Suicune
Celebi
Jolteon

Last edited:

LR2K

The Tyranitar set is definitely wrong for what you really want. I really want to suggest the Scarf set, but running two Choice items on a team is a little risky, especially the same one. Although Gliscor can take care of Blissey, you may want to have an additional move to counter it, considering your main sweepers are Special. Latias really is not too much of a problem for Shaymin, but having Pursuit would not hurt at all. For some reason this seems appropriate to me.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Adamant nature (+ Attack, - Special Attack)
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

I have used this set with much success. The EVs need major work, but I am curently at school, so I cannot check my Shoddy teams. The idea behind this set is to wreck many Pokemon that can get in the way. You might want to invest in HP to give it some bulk for the switch, but more than likely it needs a more intricate spread to also invest in Defense too.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Thanks for the rate! I might try this set although I won't want 252 spd.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Just run enough to beat WishBliss, but not as much as to beat Skarm, so you can EQ on the Roost.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I might try tyraniboah for a while to see if that could go well.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Latias is banned so it is back to mence!

I fucking lold. Glad to see Skymin got what was coming to it too. Now the tiers look exactly how they were supposed to before Smogon started smoking their crack and trying to put all Ubers into OU for lulz.

Last edited:

GenoSpartix

Local Legend
Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Fake Out

With all the investment you made in Special Attack EVs, I'd figure you would go for Accuracy over power, with Infernape being a lead risking missing a fire blast when you need it could harm you. Personally I'd go for Flamethrower or Overheat if you still want power.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

I ran a more defensive version of this set once with Knock Off, it did wonders. Some Pokemon become pretty easy to pick off once you remove their items.

Everything else seems fine but switch up to an Adamant nature for that T-Tar or run an Adamant Choice Scarf set, those are killer.

Lorica

aka nosferalto
Just a quick rate because I'm really busy.

DD Salamence can set-up on Jirachi locked onto Fire Punch or force Gliscor out getting a a DD and sweep your team without any retaliation. If you want to have a decent chance at checking Mence, just max out Speed on Jirachi since the HP EVs don't allow you to survive anything significant so that you can outspeed those neutral Speed natured Mence and tie with Jolly / Naive Mence.

Also, since you have enough insurance against SD Lucario and Scizor with Gliscor, definitely replace Fire Punch on Jirachi with Zen Headbutt. After replacing Latias, your team became instantly Infernape weak so Zen Headbutt is a good move to revenge kill it. In addition, it has that flinch rate which works well with Jirachi's Serene Grace and it's high Speed that is boosted further with Scarf.

ps: are your rates still epic one liners?

Last edited:

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
I fucking lold. Glad to see Skymin got what was coming to it too. Now the tiers look exactly how they were supposed to before Smogon started smoking their crack and trying to put all Ubers into OU for lulz.

Come back or gtfo.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Can people rate this team, not make useless comments about Blue Ace?

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Last edited:
Who the fuck are you?

Don't worry about it.

Also, fine, I'll give a rate as good as yours, Calze.

SubMence fails, just use a regular Mixmence. Run Trick on Rachi over Ice Punch.

And you just tried how?

And you're CBMamo weak, as every poke on your team is weak to one of it's STABs.

So I suggest replacing Shaymin with a Crocune.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
I sense Undead Lust is strong with the ways of the troll.

Also hi assassinsceptile, I remember you.

No U did fucking not! Screw off before you get banned.
Dumbass noob mother****ers need to learn their place nowadays, and is if I honestly give a crap about being banned at this point.

Also congratulations on your horrible grammar and use of double negatives, it just compounds your failure even more in addition to your fail "rate" and complete ignorance.

@ Calze, although it's hard to believe my last post wasn't a completely mediocre troll attempt. Adamant DDTar has always been superior imo, there are also more choices for different movesets and whatnot in said link as well.

Last edited:

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
No U did fucking not! Screw off before you get banned.

Gligari, fgs. Stay in IGRMT where you belong. You're still learning in-game for christ's sake, don't go picking fights in CRMT over something as pointless as a simple sarcastic remark.

Anyways pretty nice team. I would go with crunch over pursuit whoever suggested that.

I can't even find that suggestion in this entire thread.

And you're CBMamo weak, as every poke on your team is weak to one of it's STABs.

So I suggest replacing Shaymin with a Crocune.

This is true. However, like most Choice item users, CB Mamo is easy to predict. Calze can either switch to Mence or Gliscor against EQ (or even Shaymin) or Jirachi against Ice Shard. Jirachi can also revenge kill the thing thanks to Iron Head FlinchHax and Ice Shard resistance. I don't really see a need for replacing the star of the team with CroCune.
Still, Mamoswine should make an appearance on that threat list for the reasons you already gave.

Anyway...

Nice team calze, it reminds me of my team with Shaymin and Machamp. Did you happen to draw inspiration from my warstory, seeing as you thought it was good?

I can't help but think that Wish support would be helpful with all the Life Orbs on this team and the Sandstorm backlash, but there's no real place to put it despite the fact that two of your team members can concievably learn it.

Also, take Lorica's suggestion of Max Speed on Jirachi, you'll want the added insurance against Mence. It'll also give you a check for Scarfed Flygon.

Can't see anything else of note save for Tyranitar, but seeing as you're doing testing and BA has given you a few ideas, I don't think there's anything for me to comment on in that respect.

Cheers.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Blue Ace is the only reason that this thread has decent posts in it.

lolEon Master said:
Gligari, fgs. Stay in IGRMT where you belong. You're still learning in-game for christ's sake, don't go picking fights in CRMT over something as pointless as a simple sarcastic remark.

lold at *** telling other *** how not to fail.