• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Gijinka Project - Discussion Thread

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Project: Gijinka​

The Gijinka Project

Any questions or requests should be posted here, and every announcement will be posted here.

1st Announcement: There was also a demand for this RP on BMGf. This might become an cross-forum RP, which means that some characters may spend phases with and away from the other characters in the RP here. This doesn't mean that the characters from each forum would interact with each other (at least, not necessarily), but that there'd be some "continuity nods" acknowledging that a character did something somewhere throughout the RP. As a result of this, each Platoon may become exclusive to either forum (meaning that only 3 would be available here).

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So objective number 1, how are we all going to meet up? XD

Truly Deceptive

So objective number 1, how are we all going to meet up? XD

Outside the lab, once everyone's escaped and the infiltration's over. By the way, the two Gijinka introduced in the beginning will be gone for a few days by the morning. Also, we don't even really need to be in the same group; it would be extremely unlikely for everyone who survived to find each other.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Is it clear what region this takes place in?

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
I am sorry, my laptop broke so I won't be able to post for a while, I will see what I can do.

Typing from my tablet is annoying, I will have a post up by the end of the week. It may be a little short though.

Truly Deceptive

I am sorry, my laptop broke so I won't be able to post for a while, I will see what I can do.

Typing from my tablet is annoying, I will have a post up by the end of the week. If my be a little short though.

It's no trouble for me.

Truly Deceptive

2nd Announcement: The soldiers didn't bring a tank, and the room the characters were imprisoned in is underground (I thought I'd made that clear in my most recent post, but I guess not).

Also, sorry if my latest post didn't have much content; it really wasn't ready by the time I posted it (I just wanted to establish the setting as soon as I could). Also, I feel like I should notify everyone that the RP wasn't meant to be exhausting, or a responsibility for which you have to post a minimal amount of text by a certain point; it's meant to be fun (and played out part by part, with opportunities for everyone to post each action).

Last edited:

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
Okay editing it out.

Truly Deceptive

3rd Announcement: Just so people recognize how to spell/pronounce it and what it means, "Gijinka" (擬人化) is pronounced "gy-zhin-ka" (like the letter G, but with a hard G instead of a J sound and "shin" with a Z instead of an S, pronounced like J in French words) and means "pseudo-humanization" or "human-likeness"; in this case, a Pokémon who looks like a human. You don't have to capitalize the G (I just do it because that's how I've spelled it so far, and I prefer for my posts to be consistent), but it would be nice for people to spell it correctly, Something else I thought I should point out is that you wouldn't be able to use any sealed doors or elevators without an ID (meaning that they can only be used by people who work for Project E). Also, they wouldn't have a floor designated as "Lobby"; it would be B1F, 1F, 2F, and 3F.

Last edited:

Tangeh

People have been improvising with the setting with the few details given to us - if you have specifications we're supposed to adhere to, it would be helpful if you could post them rather than everyone having go back and edit their post each time.

Truly Deceptive

People have been improvising with the setting with the few details given to us - if you have specifications we're supposed to adhere to, it would be helpful if you could post them rather than everyone having go back and edit their post each time.

I'll try doing that, then. I have class in 45 minutes, though. I'll post about it as soon as I can.

Chili

3rd Announcement: Just so people recognize how to spell/pronounce it and what it means, "Gijinka" (擬人化) is pronounced "gy-zhin-ka" (like the letter G, but with a hard G instead of a J sound and "shin" with a Z instead of an S, pronounced like J in French words) and means "pseudo-humanization" or "human-likeness"; in this case, a Pokémon who looks like a human. You don't have to capitalize the G (I just do it because that's how I've spelled it so far, and I prefer for my posts to be consistent), but it would be nice for people to spell it correctly, Something else I thought I should point out is that you wouldn't be able to use any sealed doors or elevators without an ID (meaning that they can only be used by people who work for Project E). Also, they wouldn't have a floor designated as "Lobby"; it would be B1F, 1F, 2F, and 3F.

I can fix my post.

Truly Deceptive

I can fix my post.

Thanks. Also, you misspelled "stasis"... and I personally always thought of Dark Pulse as a nightmarish blast of energy that'd knock someone over (its original name in Japanese is literally "Surge/Wave-Motion of Evil"). It's directly explained (not just implied) that the pulse causes motion. The soldiers wouldn't just stand there, frightened. Still, overall, not bad RPing.

"I... have.... no.... clue." Elias said breathing hard. "All I know is, scientists might be interested in us and these dudes with guns..... well they're shooting anything and everyone." Elias slightly chuckled. Sabriye did not look 100% pleased with his response. "Well we have to get down.... I don't suppose you can carry two passengers with that aerial ace?" She shook her head saying no. "Well..... hmmm.... I can use the telekinetic part of my psychic power!" "One moment please." He closed his eyes for about 30 seconds before opening them as a pink aura wrapped around th elevator and made his eyes glow pink. It began to unhinge from the wall and when it did, he levitated it down where everyone else was. "Let's get them on! If we can get them on and I manage to levitate the elevator once more, I may be able to get us out of here!"

Just realized what you meant by this; that's god-modding. Also, you controlled Tangeh's character. People aren't allowed to control another RPer's character's actions. It would be much easier to have those kinds of responses if people didn't posts walls of texts describing what their characters accomplished.

Sabriye hastily looked around the scene. She knew she had precious little time to gather her bearings before her hiding spot was located by somebody with a firearm. The sound of guns firing and glass breaking rendered her practically deaf, but it was her vision that alerted her to her next objective - a boy tumbled out of a glass elevator as it ceased to work, though he managed to save himself by grabbing onto the railing. He was dressed in the same weird garb she'd been forced into - in fact, all of the kids whom she guessed were gijinka were wearing the same black shirt and shorts, which made them easy to distinguish from the more heavily armoured soldiers.

Sabriye moved quickly out from behind the test tube, dipping from hiding spot to hiding spot and ignoring the echoing blasts. She stopped short as a soldier - back turned to her - interrupted her only safe path. She grit her teeth and closed her eyes before unleashing a powerful discharge attack that launched electricity everywhere around herself. It brought the man to his knees, and she ducked around her. She used aerial ace to propel herself up to where the boy was, and yanked him back into the elevator. "Get down!" she ordered, pushing him away as bullets rained overhead. She kept still for a moment, then exhaled. "What the hell is happening here?!"

Additionally, having Sabriye use Aerial Ace to leap up to the elevator is dubious at best.

Last edited:

Chili

First off, dark pulse causes people to flinch so that's why they stood in fear. Secondly, I had to come up with some dialouge otherwise we would get nowhere. Sorry if it bothered you but saying no to an obvious question isn't that big of a deal. I won't do it next time if it's that bothersome. Forgive me if that comes off as rude. :)

Last edited:

Tangeh

Just realized what you meant by this; that's god-modding. Also, you controlled Tangeh's character. People aren't allowed to control another RPer's character's actions. It would be much easier to have those kinds of responses if people didn't posts walls of texts describing what their characters accomplished.

It explicitly states in the forum rules that you are allowed to "bunny" (ie powerplay) another character for purpose of moving the plot along. He didn't move her anywhere without permission or anything like that so it's fine. She would've said no anyways because that would be obvious overkill.

Additionally, having Sabriye use Aerial Ace to leap up to the elevator is dubious at best.

I assumed he was going from BF1 to 1F and it got stuck in between somewhere? He said "it stopped in the middle of it's ascension on to the floor above the basement." That's like ... half a story or like 5-7 feet off of the ground? I mentioned in her SU that aerial ace caused her to fly toward an opponent, and going upward a couple of feet didn't seem particularly OP to me. >__>

If the elevator was descending then my bad, she can't jump that high. It wasn't intentional. We're past that point now regardless...

Truly Deceptive

First off, dark pulse causes people to flinch so that's why they stood in fear. Secondly, I had to come up with some dialouge otherwise we would get nowhere. Sorry if it bothered you but saying no to an obvious question isn't that big of a deal. I won't do it next time if it's that bothersome. Forgive me if that comes off as rude. :)

It's alright, as long as you want to try RPing your character well. I just wanted you to know that using abilities like that is god-modding, the soldiers are emotionally insensitive (it'd take a lot more than just seeing scary things to keep them from firing at an enemy; in fact, the only appropriate reaction from people so fundamentally motivated by self-interest and utterly evil to that would be to fire at the enemy), and the reason Dark Pulse actually causes any damage to begin with is because it's a sudden, painful force (the fact that Pokémon cringe just means that their fear could make them hesitate to fight back, and that's only if they're slower, and there are other things that make them flinch, like Air Slash and Bite; it's not the fear that causes the damage, but the pulse's force).

And, if you don't actually want the other RPer to respond, then don't ask the question in the first place (which is why it's more interesting to post interactions and conversations piece-by-piece instead of making posts turns to display impressive feats, so that you can have actual dialogue).

Truly Deceptive

It explicitly states in the forum rules that you are allowed to "bunny" (ie powerplay) another character for purpose of moving the plot along. He didn't move her anywhere without permission or anything like that so it's fine. She would've said no anyways because that would be obvious overkill.

I assumed he was going from BF1 to 1F and it got stuck in between somewhere? He said "it stopped in the middle of it's ascension on to the floor above the basement." That's like ... half a story or like 5-7 feet off of the ground? I mentioned in her SU that aerial ace caused her to fly toward an opponent, and going upward a couple of feet didn't seem particularly OP to me. >__>

If the elevator was descending then my bad, she can't jump that high. It wasn't intentional. We're past that point now regardless...

Alright, then. Also, there are Pokémon who can use that move who aren't capable of flight or Flying-type. It makes more sense to think that Flying-type Pokémon and Pokémon with Levitate are only capable of up to a few feet of flight, or indefinite hovering, or (as I'd imagine for Gyarados) extreme bouncing.

Anyways, I'm not saying that she couldn't; I'm just saying that her ability to do so wouldn't result from that move.

Also, Psychic is essentially just telekinesis (which is fine if you're lifting or throwing things up to your character's weight, or a bit more if they're Psychic-type Pokémon, but using it to move an elevator is god-modding).

Tangeh

And, if you don't actually want the other RPer to respond, then don't ask the question in the first place (which is why it's more interesting to post interactions and conversations piece-by-piece instead of making posts turns to display impressive feats, so that you can have actual dialogue).

Sometimes it helps move the plot along, like in my next post where I just assumed Chili's character would give mine the requested directions to make it more believable that she'd be able to quickly find it. I assumed this based on how he was RPing the character - if the character seemed to be rude or standoffish I would've waited for a response from the creator to be sure. Dialogue between two characters can quickly clog up the boards without really accomplishing anything. It's fun if you're working on developing relationships or something, but I mean... I was asking for directions so.

As a side note, it's typical in an RP with superpowers for characters to show off their powers in their introduction posts so that everybody can get a feel for them. Not to mention life-or-death scenario here. :)

edit:

Alright, then. Also, there are Pokémon who can use that move who aren't capable of flight or Flying-type. It makes more sense to think that Flying-type Pokémon and Pokémon with Levitate are only capable of up to a few feet of flight, or indefinite hovering, or (as I'd imagine for Gyarados) extreme bouncing.

Anyways, I'm not saying that she couldn't; I'm just saying that her ability to do so wouldn't result from that move.

Also, Psychic is essentially just telekinesis (which is fine if you're lifting or throwing things up to your character's weight, or a bit more if they're Psychic-type Pokémon, but using it to move an elevator is god-modding).

Yeah, pokemon that can use aerial ace that can't fly jump or fly anyways, as illustrated by the anime at least. Besides that, think of wooper and ice punch - it probably uses its tail or something. There's different ways of using the same move, at least imo.

Last edited:

Chili

I fixed the whole, elevator situation. Let's just say that it takes quite a bit of energy to get him to levitate large objects using telekinetic abilities.

Last edited: