• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The GLITCH Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyaku

. . .
Somebody should have made this a long time ago.Anyway this is the place to talk about glitches.Gold,Silver and Crystal glitches only!
Here's mine:
1)Game freezes in the water in the fenced in area of daycare.
2)Game gets corrupted for no reson(I did not do the clone trick)

MaskedManAbsolkid

My mate had lent my Gold for a few days. When I got it back, I battled Will, and he was a block of numbers!

Altmer

breathe, spit, walk
Note also that every post about glitches is supposed to go here. As soon as we have a mod this thread should be stickied.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Spikey said:
OMG!Does s/he have a gameshark or actionreplay?Because that could be why.

That's what I thought, but them I realised that it was a different Pokemon Gold. Same name, same team, but they don't have an Action Replay, Game Shark or Xploder.

D

dark scyther

Spikey said:
Somebody should have made this a long time ago.Anyway this is the place to talk about glitches.Gold,Silver and Crystal glitches only!
Here's mine:
1)Game freezes in the water in the fenced in area of daycare.
2)Game gets corrupted for no reson(I did not do the clone trick)

No it doesnt i catched many tentacools there your game is corrupted

J

jena246205

I beat the Elite four with a level 945 Missingno in my silver!

D

dark scyther

jena246205 said:
I beat the Elite four with a level 945 Missingno in my silver!

Missigno doesnt exist in silver and a pokemon cant get trough lv255 even with gameshark it reset itself to lv2

Kyaku

. . .
dark scyther said:
No it doesnt i catched many tentacools there your game is corrupted

I Don't know how my game got corrupted.All I remember is that I haven't played it for a year and it just happened...Anyway I think it varies by game when glitches occur.

D

dark scyther

I catched many tentacools there and you went there once and your game froze,since it didnt freeze me more than it froze with you means its more probable that games dont freeze there right?

S

Salamance123

There are several of factors that can cause a game to glitch.

1. Lack of playing, lack of playing does something to your cartridge.
2. A virus.
3. Using a game helper as GS or AR.
4. Trading in a pokemon from another version.

I dont know if their are any other factors.

D

dark scyther

Salamance123 said:
There are several of factors that can cause a game to glitch:Trading in a pokemon from another version
Is that some sort of joke?

Kyaku

. . .
Salamance123 said:
There are several of factors that can cause a game to glitch.

1. Lack of playing, lack of playing does something to your cartridge.

So that's why my game got corrutpped!

P.S. I can't spell...:)

Last edited:
P

PokemonGirlMaster

One time i droped my Crystel version on the ground.(In the APT) When I played it. Everything is mixed up. Everything is from:AJUYSTTSK.(or radom words)

S

shadowlink

I got a Gyarados/Meganium mix as a result of the duplication trick on my Crystal. I wrote up this...thing.

Duplication Glitch Side Effect.

Game: Crystal
Platform: GBA
Link Battles/Trades: No
Box info: Box #1, 19 pkmn in it, not counting the pokemon to be duplicated.
Game damage: none as of yet.

To be duplicated:

Meganium@TM26 (EQ) *Petaltune* L47, the atks are in that order. Not shiny.
Synthesis
Razorleaf
Light Screen
Leech Seed

Stats:
Atk: 108
Def: 113
S.Atk: 104
S.Def: 120
Spd: 93

Result:

Shiny Meganium@PP up
Thrash
Waterfall
Dragon Rage
Whirlpool

Further details:

Stat pages.
PAGE1:
Picture: Shiny Meganium, animation: Meganium.
Name: GYARADOS
Species: GYARADOS
Number: 130 (Gyarados)
Shiny stars: present, same as always.
Level: 30
Type: Water/Flying *NOTE: When the screen is switched to page 2 or 3 of the stats pages, it changes to Grass.
EXP points: 33750
Level up: *glitch symbol*767760 The symbol looks like a J with a stick across the lower half, facing upwards at about a 45 degree angle.
Exp. Bar: __________llll About that much.

PAGE2:
Moves:
Thrash
Waterfall
Dragon Rage
Whirl Pool
PP: Full, numbers are the same.
Item: PPup

PAGE3:
Stats:
Atk: 62
Def:71
S.Atk: 60
S.Def: 71
Spd: 59
Owner: Crystal, same ID number.

When sent out into battle, looks like a shiny Gyarados. The same moves.

THEORY/EXPLANATION:

The box had 19 pokemon, the last being my shiny Gyarados (L30). The result's moves, item, level, exp. points and appearance in battle are the same as the shiny Gyarados'. The Gyarados' stats are normal, not the result's. I believe the Meganium and the Gyarados were mixed to make this. I can guess by the stats that it was my Meganium's at L30. However, I cannot guess where the exp. bar came from. My meganium is currently this: __llllllllllllllllllllll (approx.) and Gyarados is this: ___________ (exactly). Also, I have no idea where the *glitch symbol*767760 came from. Another thing to note: when I first view it, the level up exp. is Gyarados', but when I switch screens, it becomes this.

Kewl. I released it. But now I regret it.

Kyaku

. . .
OH MY GOSH!!! Thats amazing! I never thought THAT could happen in a game! It is kewl. It could be the ultimite Pokemon!(next to mew)But why did you release it?

S

shadowlink

I didn't want to glitch my game. And it wasn't leveling up. I don't know if I can manipulate the levels or attacks in this way. This "Megados" (please refer to him as "megados") still has some secrets. I plan on getting a new one.

Unown_Crazy

Breeder Of GSC
That Had to look cool though, my gameboy is the glitch thing, not my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.