• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The GLITCH Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shadowlink

^ Read my writeup post. It looks like either Shiny Meganium or Shiny Gyara, depending on the situation.

Unown_Crazy

Breeder Of GSC
shadowlink said:
^ Read my writeup post. It looks like either Shiny Meganium or Shiny Gyara, depending on the situation.
I read it. I ment all the messed up things. Like my Pokemon Cra---Red.
;201-!;

M

Mysterious Mew

I've used a Xploder to get any Pokemon I want on Silver I then traded them to my Gold and nothing bad has happened yet.

Did you know that Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos run away in a wild battle? o_O;

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
shadowlink said:
I got a Gyarados/Meganium mix as a result of the duplication trick on my Crystal. I wrote up this...thing.

I had something like that happen on my Japanese version of Silver. There is/was this glitch that if you did some things while in the bug catching contest, you could turn any Pokemon into a Shiny. I tried turning a Houndour shiny using my shiny Gyrados (you needed to have one for it to work). I ended up with a shiny Houndour that had Gyrados' moves (including Surf!). hehe

D

DeathFireEX

I had something like what happened to shadowlink happen to my Feraligatr. It was mixed with a Weepinbell, and all the pictures were transformed into question marks and 1's and 0's. Strange.

Kyaku

. . .
jolteonjak said:
I had something like that happen on my Japanese version of Silver. There is/was this glitch that if you did some things while in the bug catching contest, you could turn any Pokemon into a Shiny. I tried turning a Houndour shiny using my shiny Gyrados (you needed to have one for it to work). I ended up with a shiny Houndour that had Gyrados' moves (including Surf!). hehe
Very strange...Yet very cool.

E

Elastiviolet

Salamance123 said:
There are several of factors that can cause a game to glitch.

1. Lack of playing, lack of playing does something to your cartridge.
2. A virus.
3. Using a game helper as GS or AR.
4. Trading in a pokemon from another version.

I dont know if their are any other factors.

L-Lack of playing? Are you serious? Aw man....I've been grounded from my GBA for a month(I don't get it back until September), and so...I haven't been playing.

Anyway, glitches, glitches....I don't think there are any right now...but I haven't been playing it, so I actually have no idea.

S

shadowlink

^What miles said. When the game is turned on, the files in it can be changed in some way. When it is turned off, the files lay dormant until you open them up again. Of course, if you didn't play you version for a long time, during which you dropped it in a liquid and forgot about it...

D

dark scyther

Some basic rules here:

* No useless quotes:(omg thats so cool)

* This is GSC so DO NOT talk about 3gen

* Avoid senseless glitches that doesnt exist (my lv 8564776 typhlosion became an chicken and flew away)

S

shadowlink

* Avoid senseless glitches that doesnt exist (my lv 8564776 typhlosion became an chicken and flew away)
If a person says that, they will be ignored, so no need to tell people not to do this. However...

* No ****ed up rumors, plz. Like Neon Town, Mew Truck, etc.

Other than that, I am with dark scyther on this.

Off Topic: dark scyther, could you spell my name right in your sig? It is irritating.

D

dark scyther

shadowlink said:
If a person says that, they will be ignored, so no need to tell people not to do this.
Better not or this thread will be a trash can,full of double posts and missigno and 3gem morons

Altmer

breathe, spit, walk
dark scyther said:
Better not or this thread will be a trash can,full of double posts and missigno and 3gem morons

I'm with dark scyther on this one. Look, if we don't tell people that the stuff they do is pointless and unnecessary, they'll just think they can go on doing whatever they did and spam the whole place up. Doing nothing and ignoring is tantamount to allowing spammers to run amok.

"oh, they never do anything anyway, so we can just spam the place up, right mates?"

Doing nothing is letting yourself being run over by others. The gutsy people have half the world you know.

S

Sgt. Pepper

You are all spamming by talking about spamming. This is a glitch thread, we don't need you to post just to tell us what we're allowed and what we're not allowed to do here.

Back on topic please.

Can anybody tell me more about this switching Pokemon stats stuff? Like the turning Pokemon shiny by doing something in the Bug Catching Contest. I'd like to know more about that.

S

shinymetagross

This COOL glitch happened just a few days ago.....(not a GS or AR-influenced glitch)

My little brother has Gold and I have Crystal. He wanted to link-battle me, so I split my lv50 Crystal team in half by trading and we battled.

But one day, something odd happened...

okay, we are battling with an old cable(got used for 10 cents) and the cable came out of his GBC,we put it back in and resumed playing.

I had and ampharos out but his game said I had a SHINY Alakazam named 9999999899AMPHAROS. Then his game said I withdrew it and sent out "!", a SHINY butterfree that was both Poisoned and Asleep (it said PSN but the message box said "Enemy ! is fast asleep")with a totally glitched up HP bar that stretched across the whole screen. During this time, my game was frozen. The glitch pokemon did not attack, they kept on switching.

Eventually, my game said "Gold withdrew *a bunch of random numbers*! Gold sent out *more random numbers followed by LAPRAS*! It was a SHINY Foretress! But then my brother's game crashed and mine had a notice that said, "This game is not compatible with this game system.(something like that)(it was a GBC).

Weird, huh? Then there was a time when I was fighting a fainted pokemon.

EDIT: There's more that I forgot! When CRYSTAL(me) withdrew "!" it sent out the shiny alakazam which fainted immediately then swiched back to "!" which kept changing levels (it said "203" then "201" then "203" again). I think that's it...

Last edited by a moderator:
S

*Shooting*Star*

Wow now that is a pretty weird Glitch
I have something weird going on with my Pokemon Red (Not Fire Red) also but this is a G/S/C thread so i can't post it here

Kyaku

. . .
shinymetagross said:
This COOL glitch happened just a few days ago.....(not a GS or AR-influenced glitch)

My little brother has Gold and I have Crystal. He wanted to link-battle me, so I split my lv50 Crystal team in half by trading and we battled.

okay, we are battling with an old cable(got used for 10 cents) and the cable came out of his GBC,we put it back in and resumed playing.

I had and ampharos out but his game said I had a SHINY Alakazam named 9999999899AMPHAROS. Then his game said I withdrew it and sent out "!", a SHINY butterfree that was both Poisoned and Asleep (it said PSN but the message box said "Enemy ! is fast asleep")with a totally glitched up HP bar that stretched across the whole screen. During this time, my game was frozen. The glitch pokemon did not attack, they kept on switching.

Eventually, my game said "Gold withdrew *a bunch of random numbers*! Gold sent out *more random numbers followed by LAPRAS*! It was a SHINY Foretress! But then my brother's game crashed and mine had a notice that said, "This game is not compatible with this game system.(something like that)(it was a GBC).

Holy Moley!That is amazing!All those shinines...It's cool just like you said!;)

shinymetagross said:

A lot of wierd things can happen if you take a link cable out and put it back in while link battleling. If only I wernt so scared.... : surfpika:

Status
Not open for further replies.