• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The GLITCH Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno.Fan

I traded my red Gyarados to Blue and caught a Ditto that transformed into it. I then traded the Ditto to Gold, it wasn't shiny. Did I do soemthing wrong?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I traded my red Gyarados to Blue and caught a Ditto that transformed into it. I then traded the Ditto to Gold, it wasn't shiny. Did I do soemthing wrong?

Oh, you're using the Shiny Ditto Glitch from G/S/C? You need to follow the steps exactly. You need to teach the Shiny Pokemon (Gyarados in this case) the TM for Mimic in R/B/Y. There's also some other steps. Here's the full guide.

I caught to ghost in lavender tower somehow. :/
It turned into a Marowak though. Yeah, f*ck you Silph Scope! XD

There aren't any Pokemon in the Lavender Tower in G/S/C, therefore, nothing to catch :|

Kiya

Teehee Slayer
I remember the pokemon missingo lol. i was always too scared to catch it, i didn't want my game to be messed up T^T

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have this graphical glitch on my Gold version. It's like the graphical glitch described here, but it isn't triggered by the Coin Case or a Ditto.

It started when I tried to send some mail to my mailbox. It said my mailbox was full, so I went to the PC to get rid of some. However, when I clicked on the mailbox, the game restarted with mesed up colours. It doesn't hurt my game in any way, it just makes me completely unable to every access my mail. :/

Has anyone else ever heard of something like this? I think I've heard of a mailbox glitch before, but I don't think it was like this.

Salamence923

some guy
my silver game would always delet my file and then the screen would go black so i took it to my camp out and secretly threw into the fire

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
my silver kept deleting my game for no reson it wasent corupted i would turn it on and there would not be a countinue game just new game

~DragonTypeLoverShadria~

I had a used Crystal, when I first got it, I knew it had to be hacked, it had unobtainable ((by normal means)) Pokemon, includding a lv. 100 Mew, Mewtwo, and Celebi. I restarted it, and everything was normal..until I reached the E4. There, I was training, and I noticed that I had an old mail that I wanted to read again for laughs ((It was directed at my Eevee. I wanted it to evolve into a Umbreon; It's a Flareon)). I opened my mailbox and...*gasp!* it was full of glitch spam mail ((XD)). Plus, there was one letter that made my game freeze everytime I clicked it. I was deteirmed to get rid of this glitch without eraseing my save file. I started to take the mail out, and put it in my bag. I reached that mail that froze the game. The game promptly froze and I restarted it. I went to my mailbox, and to my joy: There is no mail. Came up. BD I got rid of that glitch, and nothing else glitchy happened on my Crystal since.

Phoenixchamp5

GoldenWings
I had a really wierd glitches on my two silvers
In the first one
1. Weird pokemon like missingos sometimes in pc boxes.
2. Pokemon disappear after left in pc box.
3.Strange item on the pokemon in pc called murasama.
4.Level of pokemon are over 100 or under lvl 1 or it has a egg.
5.If you train one of the pokemon the will keep leveling up there no end one time i left it for about an hour and it was around 400 and it still didn't stop.
In the second one it had this glitch until i replaced the battery it would say i would had a furret or a random pokemon when i won in the lucky number show when i only had no pokemon in the boxes before and after they said i won.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
my silver kept deleting my game for no reson it wasent corupted i would turn it on and there would not be a countinue game just new game
Dude,that happened to me,I kept on playing it on my GameboyColor,then one day I played it on GameboyAdvanced,and It let me save my file for one day,Odd right? Plus on my Gold,I found a way to get all 3 starters,Odd too,but helped in the game!

vedil

I do liek mudkipz.
On my old save in Pokemon Gold, I had a pretty funny glitch - on the route where Sudowoodo blocks the road, there are two little girl trainers, the twins, right? Somehow, instead of girls there were two Sudowoodos standing in their place. They weren't glitchy, I was able to talk to them normally, only their appearance was glitched.

On the new save (after changing my internal battery, because it sadly died and took away my old save) I am encountering something like the graphics glitch which is triggered by the coin case. But, what is weird, it just appears without even touching my coin case. Sometimes I just turn on the game, load the save, and after making a few steps game resets with a glitched colors.

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
I was cloning a Steelix that was level 46 and not shiny with the cheesy in-game traded nickname Rocky holding the dragonbreath TM and it had I think it had iron tail and dig. I forgot the two other moves. What came out was a level 86 shiny Steelix named HERACROSS which had pokerus and a gold berry and an awesome moveset consisting of hyper beam, dragonbreath, surf(???), and iron tail. It caused a few glitches but I stuck with it because it was my first shiny.

RinRinWIN

Rearing for a WIN
About a year ago, I bought a used Silver game at Gamestop--figured that I'd play it to relive my childhood.

I'd get to the point of battling ???, and easily won. I saved, and turned it on later. I started my DS back up, and the only option was "New game".

I imagine that they did some hardcore hacking or something, XD

Shinies

<-- 200 Re's 11/2/12
About a year ago, I bought a used Silver game at Gamestop--figured that I'd play it to relive my childhood.

I'd get to the point of battling ???, and easily won. I saved, and turned it on later. I started my DS back up, and the only option was "New game".

This happens to alot of cartridges, you can't save anymore so you need to replace the internal battery or buy a new Silver :D.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!

DS's don't play Gameboy color games, don't they?

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I think I found a glitch. I bought pokemon Crystal of eBay that had a new battery fitted (Yay) and today when I entered the Bug catching contest that said it was Saturday but it's Tuesday today. I checked thr Pokegear and that said it was Saturday aswell so yeah the day of the week seemed to have glitched up because I'm positive I put the right day in when I started. (I started on a Tuesday) So yeah if that's not a glitch I don't know what is.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
My cousin had a Crystal version, ONCE when we turned it on, there was a lvl 0 Haunter, lvl 0 bulbasaur and something like a ponyta in box 12. But the next time we turned it on it was gone. I remember battling with the bulbasaur, it was a venusaur when in the battle. And it changed lvl all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.