• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The GLITCH Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu_is_awesome

Surge loves Raichu
I traded a Magnemite to Red, and it had the type Electric/Fire. When I traded it back it was back to normal Electric/Steel. How does it have the fire type? I haven't cheated on either game.

pikachu555

Hoenn-born in Unova
i need help!!! last night, i was playing pokemon gold and went to my pc. i noticed it wasn't loading right, so i pressed the A button (i pressed it about three times before the box opened up). i then noticed i had all glitch pokemon instead of normal ones!!! i was able to delete them all, and then i noticed that i had more glitched pokemon; there were pokemon with unbelieveable levels like 115 and 112!!!! Ex: pokemon- voltorb lv-112 pokerus. the voltorb would really be a venomoth though!!! it even had a moveset that a venomoth might have!!! the wierd thing is that about a week ago, i was playing the game, and i accidently hit the gameboy into the wall. instead of make that noise that usually is made, it went back to the screen with ho-oh that said PRESS START. instead of the screen saying CONTINUE NEW GAME, and OPTIONS, it said CONTINUE, NEW GAME, OPTIONS, and MYSTERY GIFT!!!!!! when i pressed continue, it made me comfirm the time. is that what caused the pc box to go whack???? did i corrupt the save file???? please help me.

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
Found Raikou in my silver game once but it wasnt there there was just Raikou lv 40 and no image

poptrop

Tsutaja is beast!
i restarted my crystal and when i tryed to enter union cave it took me to the blackthorn gym ;148;

all i did was trade over a mareep and thats as close to an explanation that i could come to ;179;

:025ball::surfpika: ps complete randomness ha

Last edited:

RayquazaLv.X

Big whoop.
A random Egg appeared on my good-Oops,can't talk about Emulation.Anyway,it hatched into-Celebi!?....Damn,too bad it didn't happen on my Gold cartridge.

godudette

/me cresselias
My Silver advanced in game time too... Not with real time. But I played it anyway for awhile. A couple days into playing my restarted game, it lost the ability to save. Grah.

Johny boy

I'm playing SS!
I have a good cloning trick on how to get all three starters:
1.Start new game.
2.Save it before you get your starter.
3.Get the starter.
4.Do the task Prof.Elm tells you to.
5.Once you get pokeballs catch another pokemon(doesnt matter which.)
6.Put your starter in the pc
7.change box.WARNING!WHEN IT IS SAVING TURN IT OFF!IF NOT YOU WILL HAVE TO START OVER!
8.Repeat step 1
9.Repeat step 2
10.Repeat step 3 (get a different starter)
11.Repeat step 4
12.Repeat step 5
13.Repeat step 6
14.Repeat step 7
15.Repat the steps 8,9,10(get a different starter),11,12,13,and14.
Ok,you can stop now.You should have a starter in your party and two other starters in the pc,now you have an advantage against you rival.

I claim johto starters and fire starters;004;;390;;255;;155; ;152; ;158;

Last edited:

ArcadiaM

Pokemon Yellow
I don't know why but, I can't play my Pokemon Crystal verison game. I mean when ever I try to save, I save. Then I go back onto playing it again, and it says Error corrupt saved file. And I'm like WTF?! I think its the internal battery that died, or something, or I have to change the time... so yep. Does anybody know what happened? Has it happened to you?

Xewtwo

Here's an interesting theory I came up with, in an attempt to get an infinite number of tries to use the move tutor's moves. This is because my Crystal's clock is frozen, meaning I could only use him once without exploiting the game. It's a relative of the "get all three starters trick". However, I'm not at the point of the game where he appears yet, so I was wondering if someone could test it out for me...

1. Save in front of man.
2. Learn move.
3. Go to pokemon center and clone the pokemon with the move.
4. When you turn the game back on, the man will still be teaching the move and you will have the pokemon with the move in your PC.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't know why but, I can't play my Pokemon Crystal verison game. I mean when ever I try to save, I save. Then I go back onto playing it again, and it says Error corrupt saved file. And I'm like WTF?! I think its the internal battery that died, or something, or I have to change the time... so yep. Does anybody know what happened? Has it happened to you?

Weird, it says Data Corrupted?

When my battery died, it just made me play from the beginning, without allowing me to save new data. I never got a corrupted data message.

Did you maybe use the cloning glitch?

Champion Shirona

In my sapphire has the same thing happen like u The4thKira.
Its old so thats why.

Totodile_

Expert Poke'ologist.
A looooong time ago on my Crystal version, my friend was playing and couldn't beat Whitney... So he threw my GBA... When we tried to play again, we went South of Goldenrod, and encountered a Lv. 0 Primape. Then we restarted and everything was fine...

maliwoo22

On Silver, I once tried cloning a Porygon, and it was in the same box as my Corsola. Somehow when I cloned it, I ended up with the Porygon in my party (which is supposed to happen) and the other Porygon was called Corygon and my Corsola had disappeared... :/

And also, on Gold, all the pokemon in boxes 12 and 13 in my PC were turned into Lv. 0 Pupitars... When I deposited another pokemon into one of these two boxes, the name of the Pokemon got messed up. My Ho-oh got renamed Terr :(

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I start up my Pokemon Crystal and when I save and turn it off and then on I have to start from the beginning! Probably because the lack of playing. It won't matter anyways because my mom will try to order me a new one. What is wrong with my game!?

Last edited:

Lugion

I never figured out why, but the Champion battle theme played when I battle my rival at the Indigo Plateau in Crystal.

*~Midnight_Sunshine~*

I never figured out why, but the Champion battle theme played when I battle my rival at the Indigo Plateau in Crystal.

That one's supposed to happen.

When I was playing Silver, after I defeated a Fire Breather in the Burned Tower, he turned black and white. I'm not sure what happened with that..

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
Well, I don't know if it's a glitch or a huge coincidence, but one time on my crystal I lost it for half a year, finally found it under the couch cushions. Started it up and I was in the Unown room. I encountered in this order -

Y R Z L F U B N

YR Z L F U BN

Say it out loud....

Where the Hell Have You Been? O.O

feraligator2112

johto trainer
when i was looking at my storage boxes i noticed a rapidash that was at level 15, but ponyta evolves into rapidash at lv. 40

edit* nevermind, I already figured it out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.