• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The god of all pokemon guy

Souku

arceus.gif

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60322083/

Ya huh, tha's th' one cutie right thur.
... at least I think so.

Since there are only microscopic sprites available, I don't really know know what Arceus' face is meant to look like. That's what I think his face looks like. How do you pronounce his name, anyway?

Rukaria

onechance.
To me it isn't wierd. It's really cute!
It sort of looks like a goat/dog. Cutest picture of Arceus I've seen.
I really like the style you've chosen. It suits the picture really well. The shading suits the simplicitity and cuteness of the picture.

You always pick styles very well. I can't wait to see more pictures by you!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Nice change of pace from the pictures of Arceus I usually see, which try to look grand, powerful, or...divine. This is something you can make a plush out of. Just don't give them to people from Sinnoh; they'll interpret it as sacrilege.

Shnitzel_12

It's really cyoute! I think Arceus face isn't the face of a god, it's the face of a plushie! Awesome work, cyoute!

Souku

Wow, thanks guys! xD Sacrilege plush, good grief. It would be hilarous seeing Sinnoh people worship a plush. Mmhmm, godly plush that would be. A for Awesome, that.

lucario rox: I always thought Arceus was a goat-type thing because of those weird... hoof-like plate things on its feet and the way it bends its legs (and its white body).

Ophie: I don't think Arceus would ever be able to look grand or divine. It's way too ugly, haha. I love drawing pokemon differently.

Shnitzel_12: Yes! Plushie Arceus face = <3.

***Latios***

I FOUND THE KEYS!!!
good,
i tried drawing arceus once, couldnt get his face right ><'

its pronounced
Arc eus
Arc (say Ark) than eus
my little bro says Arseus, but i say the correct way

i thought arceus would be different, but maybe.....
theres an existance or life or death pokemon coming for the 5th gen
just a thought!

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
I don't think that's exactly how it's supposed to look but it's so cute! It does look kinda like a goat-dog but you made it still look so cute!
I thought it was pronounced like are (the word) then soos (like Dr. Seuss).
are-soos.
But that's just what I thought and no one will really know for sure unless there is an official Pokemon name prononciation web site or it comes up in a movie or show.
;151;

abgar

Fufufufu
its cute <3 looks hugable
i would love to see phione in this style

Swampfarmer

Floater of Jelly
It's pronounced are-soos. If it was pronounced are-koos, then the japanese name would be arukeus, not aruseus.
Anyway, it's a great drawing... it's definitley alot better than anything I could do...

Souku

Oh ok. I've been interchanging "Ark-coos" and "Ar-soos" but I was wondering how other peope pronounced it.

***Latios***: Arceus' face isn't very visible so it's quite hard to draw accurately, isn't it? Silly face.

Mewmie the shiny Mew: Haha, I don't think so either. But legendaries are meant to look cute... ok, maybe not.
But you know. C:

abgar: Thanks. I'll keep Phione in mind when I draw some more pokemon. Phione's cute.

Light Venusaur: Thanks. I might do Phione next, as abgar suggested.

Swampfarmer: Thank you. :) You have a valid point there with the Japanese pronounciation/spelling/whatnot.

Thanks for all your comments guys, they're very much appreciated!

MassivePanda

Goofy time?
Oh my god.

This is just too cute. 10/10

BTY

?HuH?
This is awesome, I love the colouring and the shadows, just one thing, on his back left leg is it your name that is written?

Jonah

herd u liek mudkips?
I always pronounced it Arr-See-Us or Arr-See-Iss.

Arceus proably is based off of a chinese mythical creature called a quilin.

Chibiceus > Arceus

Souku

Thanks for all the awesome comments, guys!

MassivePanda: Thank you. :b

Momogirl: xD Before I drew him all simplified-like, I never really liked Arceus. I guess the 'makeover' made him more presentable and appealing, haha.

BTY: Thank you! And yes, that's my name on his back leg. Poor graffitied Arceus.

Rukario_thenightwolfe: Yes, weird is very cool. Except fugly weird. Fugly weird is uncool.

Jonah: Oh yeah, it does resemble a quillin, doesn't it? Good stuff, that. Chibiceus > Arceus most definitely.

Pearl's Perap

You've captured Arceus cute side as appose to it's majestic side that everyone else captures, so, kudos to that.

I actually love this picture, one of my favourites here by far, the colouring, the shading...everything, so simple but brilliant.

Keep it up!