1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Goddamn Comics Thread - Redux

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Archimedes, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Rave

Rave Banned

Donating blood or selling your body to science helps.

2. Josiah

Josiah is your favorite

When did this happen? Is it still like this or did it go back to before?

3. BattleFranky~40

BattleFranky~40 Immortal

Or just selling your body in general racks up loads of dough.

It never happened. But some awesome soul on the internets is taking regular Garfield stripes and taking Garfield out of them.

4. Archimedes

Archimedes Not Dead Yet

Making them better in the process.

5. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Who knew a comic about a bipolar man could be funny?

6. Anzua2

Anzua2 Well-Known Member

Bone owns Cerebus. HARD.

7. Josiah

Josiah is your favorite

Bipolar itself is funny. A comic about it was the obvious course of action.

8. who cerebus?

9. Pink_Floyd

Pink_Floyd Abyssus Abyssum Invo

It's the funniest **** in life.. Nothing like seeing a man suffering from Bipolar I with psychotic tendencies talk to himself and subsequently "freak out".

10. HK

HK Radiance of Shadows

On the whole? Sure. But the run from High Society to Jaka's Story? **** no.

Oh, and speaking of Dave Sim and Jeff Smith, both having released the first issues of their respective new series. Kind of curious about both, even though Sim's is straight-out laid back and fun while Smith's direction isn't quite as apparent yet.

Wikipedia Entry

At its worst in later volumes, purely self-indulgent with skewed views on women and religion with some mind-blowing, brilliant art and craftsmanship. At its best in the aforementioned earlier volumes, some of, if not the best comics ever.

Everyone who is a fan of graphic storytelling needs to read Cerebus.

11. think i seen it somewhere,but thanks for the recommendation.it sounds interesting.

12. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

Retarded Animal Babies... COMICFIED!

13. Archimedes

Archimedes Not Dead Yet

How anyone could watch that pathetic Happy Tree Friends knockoff is beyond me.

14. HK

HK Radiance of Shadows

Just be careful with how far you tread. Up to and including Jaka's Story is essential reading, and after that gets a bit trickier. Melmoth is well-crafted but is marginal in terms of importance to Cerebus' character and world. I haven't read the Mothers & Daughters arc, which apparently is tough-going for the first three volumes -- including the infamous Reads -- but Minds is apparently one of, if not the best Cerebus volume in the series.