• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Goh Club

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
From today's episode enjoy some wholesome cutesy from Goh interacting with his Pokémon on all its adorable glory:

689f7d1352696290.png

1341261352696294.png

14f4761352696301.png

00a9f61352696306.png

Third one has a glaring space between Sobble and Goh's back. Guess that's going to be Grookey's slot lol

esquilo09

Now that Go has a Raichu, I'm gonna share my opnion about her.

Difference between Pikachu
Pikachu-> Raichu ♀️: Unlike Ash's (aside from her gender), she showed no ill will towards evolving and evolved without any question, as a Pikachu she shocked Go out of affection when they first met, while Ash's shocked out of disliking of being hugged in the first time he and Ash met.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
What was your first impression of Goh? Whether it was when the anime was revealed or by the time we even find out he exists, what are your feelings about the character?

When his first character art was revealed, I didn't have many thoughts. I was actually hoping he was a girl at that point lol. But after watching the first episode, with Goh's intense interest in Pokemon, as well as wanting to catch Mew, he really became an interesting character to me. I like that he struggles with making friends, and feels lonely. As well as how it almost seems like he captures Pokemon to cope with that loneliness.

Thoughts on Goh catching Mew, Zapdos or other legendaries?

I wouldn't mind if he catches them, but I'd like to see them give a sub-goal to his overall goal. Like a boss battle, but maybe one that he fails at. Would be cool if he eventually captures a big legendary. This might sound silly but personally I'd love to see him catch Eternatus because of how capturing Eternatus plays into the Galar plot. With that coming up (with the lack of doggos), I could see he and Ash fail with Eternatus and have to team up with the doggos and then challenge Eternatus together.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ok, let's try another topic:

How do you read Goh's relationship with his pokémon so far? Not just his starter but the whole team so far?

I found interesting he tends to bring some of them with him every once in a while and that despite some of his captures being random, he does show care for his pokémon.

esquilo09

Ok, let's try another topic:

How do you read Goh's relationship with his pokémon so far? Not just his starter but the whole team so far?

I found interesting he tends to bring some of them with him every once in a while and that despite some of his captures being random, he does show care for his pokémon.
I also find it interesting. He was reluctant to trade his Pinsir, showing that he does indeed care about his Pokémon.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I like Goh's relationship with his pokemon, it's obvious he cares about them. It's also nice he will actively rotate his team (barring Raboot and Sobble).

As for specifically catching Weavile? Maybe? It's Goh so every Pokemon is technically a target for him to catch. Would be cool, Weavile is one of my faves.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Had missed feelings about today's episode but it was a great showing for Goh. I like he finally took a stand and showed it what sets him apart previous male companions.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Very late reply, but I guess better late than never.

Do you think Goh will stay even after the franchise jumps to Generation 9?

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think there's anything stopping him from staying. New Pokemon will always emerge, and thus Goh's goal will always remain relevant. I do think that Goh was made in mind with the possibility of him staying in the next gens, but I think it also depends on Goh's reception in Japan. If Goh is well-received by the audience in Japan, I could see him sticking around for a long time.

esquilo09

Very late reply, but I guess better late than never.

Do you think Goh will stay even after the franchise jumps to Generation 9?

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think there's anything stopping him from staying. New Pokemon will always emerge, and thus Goh's goal will always remain relevant. I do think that Goh was made in mind with the possibility of him staying in the next gens, but I think it also depends on Goh's reception in Japan. If Goh is well-received by the audience in Japan, I could see him sticking around for a long time.
I think he'll be around longer, just like Misty and Brock did.

esquilo09

Do you think Go will catch the dynamaxed Pokémon since he will earn a dynamax band?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think he'll be around longer, just like Misty and Brock did.

I hope he has a run longer than Brock but that's my bias talking haha

Do you think Go will catch the dynamaxed Pokémon since he will earn a dynamax band?

Don't see why not. Someone has to promote the gimmick of "dynamaxing" the pokéball to catch a dynamax pokémon.

If anything it could be more incentive for him to train more the pokémon he has already so they can properly fight in the dens.

esquilo09

I think Go is not ready to catch a legendary like Zapdos. Besides TR is there and knowing them, they'll probably double cross Ash and Go and try to have Zapdos for themselves which then Ash and Go defeat TR and freeing Zapdos which flees.

esquilo09

Doubt anybody will catch Zapdos, but let's see what Goh'd consolation prize will be.
Agreed, and everybody thinks Go will catch Zapdos despite I told them over and over that it wouldn't happen, I even bet if he didn't catch Zapdos I would do Sticks's "Told you so" dance.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The episode that aired today on Japan was a great one for Goh. If you are waiting for the dub, know you'll get a lot of fun with it. At least in my opinion.