• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Goh Club

esquilo09

I want Goh to catch these Pokémon

Kanto : Kabutops, Gastly, Haunter , Arbok (I want Ash to get Seviper), Nidoran , Poliwrath, Arcanine, Tauros, Staryu, Ponyta, Seel, Hypno, Jynx, Marowak

Johto : Chikoria, Ledyba, Noctowl, Aipom, Espeon, Murkrow, Teddiursa, Slugma, Pineco, Dunsparce, Girafarig, Mccargo, Octillery, Skyploom

Hoenn : Torchic, Absol

then I'll keep updating it
He already caught Nidoran and Pineco, and I'm pretty sure he might evolve his Poliwag, Ekans, Cubone and Drowzee.

esquilo09

Well, I want Go to catch these Pokémon:

Teddiursa
A-Rattata
Weavile(in case Ash doesn't catch it)
Aipom
Pancham/Pangoro
Poochyena
Mudsdale

Ryker101

Wow, I’m pleasantly surprised to see that there’s a fanclub for him here given how controversial he’s been.

Anyways I like Goh as a character. Firstly, He’s a great counterpart to Ash, both in terms of looks and personality. For example, Ash predominantly wears blue/white clothes, a cap and shorts whilst Goh wears red/black/grey clothes, has no headwear and wears long pants. Then their personalities are almost opposite. Ash is extroverted, acts on his emotional impulses, is talented with battling and focuses on catching only a handful of pokemon and forming close bonds with each. Meanwhile Goh is introverted, more prudent, focused on catching/research instead and catches a large volume of pokemon but uses a few at a time. They complement each other really well and I could see him sticking around for a while. I especially like how he’s grown to be more similar to Ash throughout the show (like Chloe once stated), whether it’s being more involved with battling, being more open to friendship, emulating Ash’s battle style or going off his feelings rather than analyses.

I think when he’s not just catching random Pokémon for his goal, he’s actually an interesting character. He grew up with workaholic parents and spent his time on technology researching pokemon. I could honestly relate to that, since my upbringing was kinda similar that part to honest. Because he’s so secluded he struggled to make friends and could come off as a smartass (which Chloe even called him out on). He isn’t actually a recluse or jerk, but he’s just insecure about himself. He thinks he needs to impress people with his knowledge, because that’s what he’s used to. When this didn’t work, he distances himself from others (like not going to school) because he thinks he doesn’t need any friends. But in reality, he does, he just doesn’t think he can. Because the one time he genuinely did, he thought that he abandoned him and considered himself a fool for even trying. After all, if someone like Tokio didn’t want to be his friend, then who would? He spent his whole life believing this to be the case, which further drove him to be more fixated on pokemon, because in his eyes they won’t leave him like humans did. It’s actually pretty tragic when you think about it and episode 32 is one of my favourites in journeys altogether because it reframes how you see Goh altogether (you learn why he’s the way he is now). One of the most heartwarming scenes I think we’ve seen with Goh is at the end of episode 15, where his parents were solemnly reflecting that perhaps they didn’t spend enough time with Goh and this could’ve lead to him not being social enough, thus not making many friends, but then we see him and Ash laughing together and just having a good time. It really goes to show how drastically Ash has changed his life and how much impact he’s made on him altogether (which we see throughout the whole series).

Ahaha sorry for the long post but I haven’t had the chance to say this yet. So yeah I’m a fan, even if I’m not keen on how his goal’s been handled so far.

esquilo09

Now that Go has Absol he got these achievements:

Second Dark type
First pure Dark type
Second feline(Suicune is the first because according to its creator, it's based on a leopard)
Sixth Pokémon based on a mythical creature(Golurk is a Golem, Misdreavus is a Nukekubi, Exeggutor is a Jinmenju, Phantump is a Kodama and Drowzee is a Baku)
First Pokémon who has a long life span(It can live for 100 years)

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Anyone think Goh will catch a Shiny Pokémon?
There is a chance that the Volcarona in episode 80 (which some assume is a trial mission), may be shiny. Though given the fact that the only shiny caught by a main character was Ash's Noctowl back in Johto, and that Goh did not keep A-Ninetales (another trial mission), and has had fewer captures in general, I think that the chances are very low that he will catch and keep one. Episode 80 may have a chance of it happening though.

esquilo09

Do you think A-Geodude, Bruxish and Passimian are permanent captures or did Go release them all due to the race's rules?

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Do you think A-Geodude, Bruxish and Passimian are permanent captures or did Go release them all due to the race's rules?
I don't think anything was said about the pokemon being released, and I didn't see any indication that Goh handed them over after the race, so I think it is more likely that he kept them even if he has been releasing more pokemon recently.

I was hoping for a couple more captures given the episode format, and the fact that Goh is hardly progressing in his goal any more, but at least each pokemon gave him one of a type he has few of.

He could use more Dragon, Dark, Fairy, and Ice pokemon though.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
What Sinnoh Pokémon do you think Goh will catch in the upcoming episode?
While I don't think he will catch anything in the coming episode due to how packed it is, Shinx is one option, as it's an electric sinnoh battle with luxray. There isn't allot of Shinx merchandise though, and the writers tend to avoid giving Goh popular pokemon.

Munchlax is another sinnoh pokemon with allot of merchandise (Snorlax too) that I could see Goh catching, even if it isn't in the coming episode.

I wonder if Toxel or Kubfu will debut first?

esquilo09

While I don't think he will catch anything in the coming episode due to how packed it is, Shinx is one option, as it's an electric sinnoh battle with luxray. There isn't allot of Shinx merchandise though, and the writers tend to avoid giving Goh popular pokemon.

Munchlax is another sinnoh pokemon with allot of merchandise (Snorlax too) that I could see Goh catching, even if it isn't in the coming episode.

I wonder if Toxel or Kubfu will debut first?
I also think it'll be Shinx, he only has Mantyke as his fourth gen mon. Also he only catches the popular ones once in a while; Darmanitan, Golurk, Flygon, Absol and Falinks.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I also think it'll be Shinx, he only has Mantyke as his fourth gen mon. Also he only catches the popular ones once in a while; Darmanitan, Golurk, Flygon, Absol and Falinks.
Hopefully he does catch a Shinx, or at least starts to catch more Sinnoh pokemon. I think these 2 images really put into perspective how lopsided Goh's capture distribution is.
E82WxugWEAAhnkO

E87PpLUWYAU1ci4

esquilo09

Hopefully he does catch a Shinx, or at least starts to catch more Sinnoh pokemon. I think these 2 images really put into perspective how lopsided Goh's capture distribution is.
E82WxugWEAAhnkO

E87PpLUWYAU1ci4
You forgot to put Darmanitan in the Psychic tier list, because when it turns into its Zen mode it becomes a Psychic type.