• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Crobat

I do not have any problems with skarm or bliss, unless I use batonpass, then skarmory will show up and roar me away. And a switch to skarmory isn't that bad idea if they see me using agility on a ambipom (probably meaning I will pass), it will either use roar on the receipent or take the u-turn, rendering my stat-ups useless. Thus if I would have passed to lucario, I get roared out. Passing to octillery compensates for that problem due to suctioncups.

But, of course, passing to a special attacker will get me walled by blissey. But in that case I can switch to scizor on the thunderwave (quick-attack set doesn't mind the paralyzes), use swordsdance on the switch (or if they are stupid on the S-toss), and gor for quick-attack or rocksmash if they stay in. Rocksmash is for the defencedrop against skarmory. The fighting move is only for blissey and the occasional snorlax, in wich case snorlax doesn't like defence drops, and it helps against skarm. A little loss in BP doesn't outweigh the benefits from the defencedrop.

Furthermore, I can always go back to the old way wich is only nullified by brelom. Against others I still have a chance at the least.
And brelom is used less then blissey.
This knowing you will pass immediately after the agility wich means skarm switching in on that turn is useless. Even if you NP the next turn skarm will not like any special attack and will run wich means you have another turn. And what part of your team is going to deal with bliss?

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
@Absol 20/20: Are we allowed to talk about Wi-Fi leagues we are partaking in elsewhere (or even at this forum)?

@milotic111: It's oddly humorous to me how you omit certain spaces to form things like "suctioncups" and "rocksmash." Makes me smile for some reason. :p

Anyways, Rock Smash is actually a pretty good idea on Scizor since its base power is now 50 and you should probably have Technician (meaning that it now has 75 base power, equivalent to Brick Break). I wouldn't count on it to take down Skarmory though. Non-Fire Punch Snorlax can't do anything to you outright (i.e. without any Curses), so it's a good counter for that too. I wouldn't like being paralyzed by Blissey's Thunder Wave, but Rock Smash would certainly bash it up quite a bit.

Sorry I only commented about your Scizor (who you didn't even post on the previous page), but I'm pressed for time and I don't think I even understand what your main problem is. :p Ah well, I hope some of what I said is of some use to you.

Shiny Crobat

Uhm, I don't think it's a good idea to talk about wifi leagues outside of TGS. Why is suctioncups humorous? I don't really get that 0_o Well, I'm kinda bored, someone interested in a battle?

nevada11

Never forgotten
Iv

Does anyone know the easiest way to find a pokemon almost perfect IVs or to find out it has a flawless one. The pokemon description at its summary helps a little. But Im trying to receive double flawlesses and the pokemon nature description doesn't detail two personalities. Whats the lowest level I could achieve to find almost accurate IV results? I know I could use the calculator but the numbers are like 15-31 which is to vague and varys every level I use a rare candy(I only have 4). On level 2 it says 15-21, level 3 it says 21-30, level 4 it says 25-31. Its ridiculous! Btw, I m hatching sneasels which essentially means Im trying to find IVs at level 1 at least.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
IV checking

In D/P, the best way I use, and it helps to have with another DS, is to setup a level 100 single battle. This way you can check its stats for level 100 and use metalkid's IV program. While it is not the same like in emerald with the old man in the frontier, it's still better than nothing.

By the way, when will Volteon & Shiny Venusaur get their match in? Hopefully soon.

This may sound personal, but one of the main reasons I don't post here on sppf as much like before is because I feel very neglected here. I posted the following question in the glitch topic and never got a response:

Here's something strange I've recently noticed about some of my level 100 pokemon, the exp.points on many (not all) show a higher number than what is expected and don't understand why this sometimes happens. Here is a sample of some of them:

Ninjask: 691976 instead of 600000
Shedinja: 873827 instead of 600000
houndoom: 1280629 instead of 1250000
milotic: 641090 instead of 600000
mewtwo: 1442206 instead of 1250000
metagross: 1275202 instead of 1250000

Someone mentioned once about being in daycare may cause this but I don't recall putting mewtwo in the daycare ever.

Edit: no wonder I hardly come back and post on sppf these days. nobody replies to my posts anymore. :(

Oh well, so long as nobody thinks I'm hacking (which I really don't), they should be fine I suppose.

Shiny Crobat

In D/P, the best way I use, and it helps to have with another DS, is to setup a level 100 single battle. This way you can check its stats for level 100 and use metalkid's IV program. While it is not the same like in emerald with the old man in the frontier, it's still better than nothing.

By the way, when will Volteon & Shiny Venusaur get their match in? Hopefully soon.

This may sound personal, but one of the main reasons I don't post here on sppf as much like before is because I feel very neglected here. I posted the following question in the glitch topic and never got a response:

Oh well, so long as nobody thinks I'm hacking (which I really don't), they should be fine I suppose.
Sorry, never actually saw that post (I don't check serebii anymore) you're not hacking. I have the same thing. And Pokémon has more of those things.

Volteon

Back I guess??
At level 5, every stat whose base stat ends with 5 (Not multiple of 5, it must end with the number five) will have an exclusive number for IVs 30 and 31.
At level 10 IVs, 30 and 31 have a exclusive number from base stats multiple of 5 (i.e. that ends with 5 or 0).
At level 1, IVs 30 and 31 will have an exclusive number for the base stats 35, 85 and 135 (Time to be happy Tyrogue!). I know Nosepass is the only Pokémon that can come out from the egg with a base stat 135.

When I get a Pokémon with useful stats, I go at the end of route 215 (not sure but it's the rainy route near daycare) and battle with a girl who uses Lv 60 Purugly and Alakazam. Doing this I level up the Pokémon at least to level 12 and I know how good the IVs can be. I do this all the time and doesn't consume a lot of time. To battle with this girl, I use my Lv 100 Magmar (ThunderPunch OHKOs both and also make eggs hatch faster) and give the recently hatched Pokémon a EXP Share.

Most of Pokémon have base stats multiple of 5, so that's an effective way to do. And I notice Sneasel have every base stat ending with 5, so that just makes things easier.

Expert Evan said:
I bought an internet router and it's comming here on Wednesday, so, yes, hopefully soon!

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
togekiss

That's great Volteon, hope that works out so we can get this match going.

Anyways, next weekend there's going to be a pokemon tourney using normal pokemon. So I was considering a choice scarf togekiss but wasn't all too sure what nature/EVs to go for. I would guess modest with max sp.atk/speed EVs at least.

Volteon

Back I guess??
I use an Encore+Nasty Plot Timid Togekiss with huge success in Battle tower, I'm combining it with Magnezone to attract Earthquakes (hi A.I.) and to cover BoltBeam and Rock weakness from Togekiss. Works very well for me there, but I'm really sure it's not that great in tourneys since people switch Pokémon :p
5 base speed less than Heracross isn't good, since if you meet another Heracross holding the same item, won't make you outspeed it, and with this speed you won't be able to be faster than things like Jolteon or Aerodactyl either, so just use speed enough to outspeed Weavile, which means 256 speed or 140 EVs. Max S.atk and put the leftover 12 EVs in something like HP or S.def.

I hope I helped!

Last edited:

nevada11

Never forgotten
IVs

I may read more about MetalKid's way. Is the level 100 battle is only for Wi-Fi? If not, then im surely lucky :). Hmmm Volteon, your method seems sort of lengthy but in this case since Sneasel is simple I may test it out also. If all fails, I'll have to do the tedious MetalKid calculations from level 1 :(

Last edited:

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
@nevada111: The best way is by far what Expert Evan was describing, an IV battle as they have come to be termed. However, the downside to this is that you must have two DS's as well as two copies of D/P on hand, conditions that I am lucky enough to satisfy, but which most others probably aren't. And yes, the Lv. 100 battle is only on Wi-Fi, unfortunately.

If indeed that isn't an option for you, just use Volteon's advice. BTW calculations at Lv. 1 are almost always inaccurate (only now did I realize that you can actually distinguish some stats if the Pokemon have certain base stats). If you want to know the exact IV's, which is necessary for quick Hidden Power calculating (the other, slower method would be trial and error against other Pokemon), then by all means shoot for the top and use the Wi-Fi method.

@Expert Evan: Nope, not hacking. Unusual and paradoxical, perhaps, but I think we all know that those Pokemon are legit, no matter what number of experience points they have.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Togekiss

For togekiss since it'll be used for normal type battles, I would need it to outspeed at least porygon-z I would think. I was also considering to use porygon-z and slaking if it were 3 on 3 as well.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
misc.

EE dont worry about it. I have the same thing happen with Eggs. so my guess is that its probably just an avg.

and Volteon, thats great! Wed-Sunday work best for me this week

Shiny Crobat

EE, I'd try making a balanced team first. Do you have shoddy to test your team? I can help you with that on mirc if you give me a PM here on serebii or something like that. BTW, timid togekiss is ok but in wifi (or against skilled pokemon players) you don't stand a chance with a scarfed togekiss, you do some damage, bliss comes in and paralyzes your next poke. It's that simple

Volteon

Back I guess??
If Paralisis is the case, he can use Quick Feet Ursaring.

And Shiny Venusaur, I'll PM you when everything is ready ok!

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Normal pokemon

I'm looking forward to hearing about the matchup with Volteon & Shiny Venusaur finally.

Anyways I've been given some thought about which normal pokemon I could choose from and have categorized them as follows:

Physical sweepers: slaking, tauros, ursaring, granbull, staraptor, swellow

Special sweepers: porygon-z, togekiss

physical tanks: snorlax, miltank, regigigas

special tanks: blissey, clefable

The idea of using togekiss was it was the only normal type that could learn aura sphere which avoids counter. There are others that can learn focus blast but don't consider them worth it. I did hear that some might use arceus but are likely to be poor users of them anyways (ie. fly on arceus).

I may want to use tauros since it's got high speed and can learn stone edge to take down togekiss. I have a great blissey and also received a good miltank in a trade so I might use either of them. Since staraptor can do close combat and intimidate, that's another option too.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Hope it's not too late, but among these Pokémon I'd choose:

Staraptor, Togekiss, Tauros.

the last two can take hits nicely and if you combine either Intimidate with Togekiss, it can take hits from both sides.

and our battle may happen today! My wi-fi is working nicely.

Shiny Crobat

I'm looking forward to hearing about the matchup with Volteon & Shiny Venusaur finally.

Anyways I've been given some thought about which normal pokemon I could choose from and have categorized them as follows:

Physical sweepers: slaking, tauros, ursaring, granbull, staraptor, swellow

Special sweepers: porygon-z, togekiss

physical tanks: snorlax, miltank, regigigas

special tanks: blissey, clefable

The idea of using togekiss was it was the only normal type that could learn aura sphere which avoids counter. There are others that can learn focus blast but don't consider them worth it. I did hear that some might use arceus but are likely to be poor users of them anyways (ie. fly on arceus).

I may want to use tauros since it's got high speed and can learn stone edge to take down togekiss. I have a great blissey and also received a good miltank in a trade so I might use either of them. Since staraptor can do close combat and intimidate, that's another option too.
OK, volteon, quick feet sucks and you can't predict everything. You need wifi experience.

1) togekiss isn't a sweeper

2) Staraptor is the only (maybe swellow) usable normal physical sweeper.

3) Snorlax is a special tank, usually used because of thick fat. Use Milktank, it has scrappy so only one offensive attack is needed.

4) Use blissey.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
tournaments

Great to hear Volteon now has wifi as that eliminates that main obstacle to getting on with the tournament with Shiny Venusaur.

Anyways I expect this normal tournament of mine to take place this Saturday. Of the EV trained normals I have available, tauros, blissey, slaking, swellow, togekiss and porygon-z are definitely ready. Perhaps I may even use my shiny snorlax whom is still great in spite of it being a calm nature. I may have to EV train a miltank, staraptor and one other pokemon I almost completely forgot about, and that was ambipom.

Shiny Crobat

It's an ALL normal tournament?! Wow, get a curse milktank before everything gets screwed over by Slaking! That's the only good physical walling normal poke that can be a cleric, go for thick fat for this tournament. Get staraptor for fightig typing, you'll need it just like his intimidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.