• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
Battle

About 2 hours from now I will be available for the grand finalle. If shiny Venussaur doesn't mind, I'll will take notes. And I think he will understand that I have to take more time for selecting a move whilst writting it down. When I am ready I will be on the serebii chat under the name "milotic 111". Pm me (on the chat) when you are ready.

BTW: When do we get to see the warstory between volteon and shiny_venussaur?

Volteon

Back I guess??
BTW: When do we get to see the warstory between volteon and shiny_venussaur?
After your battle with Shiny Venusaur. Just to don't show things he can use in your battle ;D

I'm also waiting a battle with one of us! I entered in a tourney based on Battle Dome and Icosahedron also entered, my first battle with him.

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Tournaments

Hopefully the TGS tournament finale shall take place as I understand chat programs don't work on Milotic111's pc so #spp-wifi chat will have to be the place to congregate.

Anyways the normal-type tournament that was supposed to happen never did, but there will be scheduled a fire-type tournament this coming Saturday, so I'm preparing 2 teams of 6. One for myself and my son, so here's what I got ready so far:

1. rash heatran meant to be a choice scarfer, was received in trade from smogon member Juuka.

2. timid houndoom I bred, excellent IVs, doesn't have a desireable HP but has an EV spread to at least survive 3 seismic tosses

3. jolly infernape meant to outspeed most pokemon though its EV spread had some distribution to HP instead of speed so hopefully I won't face another infernape faster with stone edge.

4. jolly blaziken received in a trade

5. adamant charizard with belly drum received in a trade, looks hacked with fire punch on a sinneoh-bred pokemon as I intend to replace it with a rock move.

Need to get ready:

1. adamant arcanine with intimidate already has max attack and wasn't sure how much speed I should give it. extremespeed should stop a bellyzard with no sub.

2. I may receive a ponyta/rapidash with hypnosis in trade as its speed would be an asset.

Until now, I always thought groudon was a fire type until I re-checked it on pokedex. It looks like a fire type but it's not. It would be nice if I could find a decent moltres or ho-oh preferably with HP-water or HP-rock would be nice.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Hopefully the TGS tournament finale shall take place as I understand chat programs don't work on Milotic111's pc so #spp-wifi chat will have to be the place to congregate.

Anyways the normal-type tournament that was supposed to happen never did, but there will be scheduled a fire-type tournament this coming Saturday, so I'm preparing 2 teams of 6. One for myself and my son, so here's what I got ready so far:

1. rash heatran meant to be a choice scarfer, was received in trade from smogon member Juuka.

2. timid houndoom I bred, excellent IVs, doesn't have a desireable HP but has an EV spread to at least survive 3 seismic tosses

3. jolly infernape meant to outspeed most pokemon though its EV spread had some distribution to HP instead of speed so hopefully I won't face another infernape faster with stone edge.

5. adamant charizard with belly drum received in a trade, looks hacked with fire punch on a sinneoh-bred pokemon as I intend to replace it with a rock move.

Need to get ready:

1. adamant arcanine with intimidate already has max attack and wasn't sure how much speed I should give it. extremespeed should stop a bellyzard with no sub.

2. I may receive a ponyta/rapidash with hypnosis in trade as its speed would be an asset.

Until now, I always thought groudon was a fire type until I re-checked it on pokedex. It looks like a fire type but it's not. It would be nice if I could find a decent moltres or ho-oh preferably with HP-water or HP-rock would be nice.
I may help with my possibly hacked shiny Rapidash I got in a trade years ago. It has Hypnosis.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
fire pokemon: moltres

I just received a great modest moltres from a smogon trade thread, and one move it can learn, but is not among the recommended, but for fire-type purposes, it can learn ancient power along with air slash & roost. I wonder about ho-oh as I'll check its pokedex now.

Edit: also received a lonely entei with decent IVs as it can learn stone edge and iron tail.

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
wow, sorry guys. i havent been able to get on the forum sence Friday, apperently its been to busy. =/. Anyway Milotic how bout you PM me so we can get a good time and Date set up?

and Volteon, you took notes of our fight? haha
and Milotic, i planned on doing a Warstory fo it too ^^

Shiny Crobat

Fire team?

Need to get ready:

Sorry to say this team isn't that good blabla.

Maybe blaziken could be usefull as a BP'er, but nothing more than that because infernape is far superior as a fire-fighting type.

You could use Camperupt as a ground type to kill other fire types. Use molltres > houndoom because it's a flyig type and has more sp atk.

Taking molltres down will be a huge problem since you have got to have a molltres yourself (or a fire poke with a rock attack). Heatran is good with earth power to stop infernape.

That's about it.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
fire-mono tournament will be today hopefully

Well the mono-fire tournament is supposed to be today and will be using level 50 balance on the PBR. Here's whom I got ready so far for both myself and my son:

myself:
1. heatran with earth power, dragon pulse, flamethrower & explosion
2. moltres with agility, roost, air slash & ancient power
3. arcanine with howl, extremespeed, flare blitz & thunderfang/crunch
4. charizard with substitute, belly drum, earthquake & rockslide
5. infernape with stone edge, earthquake, swords dance & close combat
6. probably use ninetales or rapidash with hypnosis

For level 50, I discovered that charizard must have an HP IV of 27-29 in order for its stat to be at 152 without sacrificing attack/speed EVs which is divisible by 4 to activate salac berry after a substitute & belly drum for the sweep. If I can setup so that a speedy pokemon with hypnosis can do it then that would be desireable. Right now ninetales is ready for that but would prefer someone faster like rapidash. heatran looks like it can wall those that don't have earthquake or earth power, and arcanine can take hits while moltres can probably hold a charti berry to take a rock attack while it can do agility to setup.

my son plans to use a clone of heatran & moltres above as he'll also use infernape, houndoom, blaziken & ho-oh.

Shiny Crobat

Well the mono-fire tournament is supposed to be today and will be using level 50 balance on the PBR. Here's whom I got ready so far for both myself and my son:

myself:
1. heatran with earth power, dragon pulse, flamethrower & explosion
2. moltres with agility, roost, air slash & ancient power
3. arcanine with howl, extremespeed, flare blitz & thunderfang/crunch
4. charizard with substitute, belly drum, earthquake & rockslide
5. infernape with stone edge, earthquake, swords dance & close combat
6. probably use ninetales or rapidash with hypnosis

For level 50, I discovered that charizard must have an HP IV of 27-29 in order for its stat to be at 152 without sacrificing attack/speed EVs which is divisible by 4 to activate salac berry after a substitute & belly drum for the sweep. If I can setup so that a speedy pokemon with hypnosis can do it then that would be desireable. Right now ninetales is ready for that but would prefer someone faster like rapidash. heatran looks like it can wall those that don't have earthquake or earth power, and arcanine can take hits while moltres can probably hold a charti berry to take a rock attack while it can do agility to setup.

my son plans to use a clone of heatran & moltres above as he'll also use infernape, houndoom, blaziken & ho-oh.

After heatran is gone (cc), infernape with EQ and SE is going to rip through your team.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
Fire tourney

After heatran is gone (cc), infernape with EQ and SE is going to rip through your team.

It's a mono-fire tourney. That counts for pretty much any team...

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Fire tourney

Well the tourney was a success today as I was the overall winner. Having infernape with focus sash made it almost invincible, also moltres was fearful and frustrating for opponents. rapidash with wide lens did not miss with hypnosis which helped to setup bellyzard for total pwnage.

Final round (best of 3):
match 1: I send in rapidash, opponent sends in a charizard (CBZard). rapidash makes the first move with hypnosis and foe charizard goes to sleep. I switch to my charizard and setup with substitute & bellydrum while foe charizard is still in dreamland. my bellyzard proceeds to rock slide foe charizard, earthquake heatran and rock slide on ho-oh.

match 2: I send in infernape, so does my opponent. my infernape makes the first move with earthquake, foe infernape survives with focus sash and does swords dance. Since I knew he was going to switch, I did a teaser close combat which gets ho-oh but just 25%, then I do stone edge to rid of ho-oh, earthquake to OHKO heatran and to finish off foe infernape.

Speaking of tourneys, how are we doing with the TGS tourney finals with Milotic111 & Shiny Venusaur? Hopefully tomorrow we'll see some warstories.

Last edited:

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
tourney

Well the tourney was a success today as I was the overall winner. Having infernape with focus sash made it almost invincible, also moltres was fearful and frustrating for opponents. rapidash with wide lens did not miss with hypnosis which helped to setup bellyzard for total pwnage.

Speaking of tourneys, how are we doing with the TGS tourney finals with Milotic111 & Shiny Venusaur? Hopefully tomorrow we'll see some warstories.

If shiny venussaur is available today (9 pm GMT+1), it should be over tonight. And we should see the warstorys by tomorrow.

I'll be waiting in the spp wi-fi chat. Tell shiny venussaur that if you see him on AIM(sp?).

Shiny Crobat

It's a mono-fire tourney. That counts for pretty much any team...
Just saying that he needs to get a potential revenge killer or counter for it. >.> I mean torkaol can take a hit, and maybe a quick status'er. Please think of the meaning behind my posts.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
Tourney

I will be waiting in serebii wi-fi chat under the name milotic111 when I am available. Currently that is
Monday: 7 till 10 pm GMT+1
Tuesday: Not available
Wednesday: Not available
Thursday: 7:30 till 10 pm GMT+1
Friday: Not vailable
Saturday: 7-11 pm GMT+1
Sunday: 9-10 pm GMT+1.

Just sent me a chat pm when you see me there, I'll check them every 15 minutes.

Shiny Crobat

Let the tourney go, it's been too long and winning doesn't matter anyway. Just call it a tie. This is getting reallly annoying >.> Could someone come up with a real topic.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Tourney, battle tower

If Shiny Venusaur & Volteon were able to get in their match, I cannot see why Shiny Venusaur & Milotic111 cannot get in theirs. It'll bring closure to our first TGS event which I personally want to see happen. It was bad enough that I never got the 7th gold symbol in battle frontier with factory and may never accomplish that and am currently trying to get it so both diamond & pearl have 100 wins in their games. I got that accomplished with pearl, but diamond is a pain as the record there is at 84 and lost to a team with regice, abomasnow & mamoswine, so I'm currently rebreeding for another adamant gible with better hp/defenses so to make it a choice scarfer with the right speed and rest in HP. I also rebred for a jolly tyranitar and may switch with using that or the adamant one I already have.

To be continued...

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Let the tourney go, it's been too long and winning doesn't matter anyway. Just call it a tie. This is getting reallly annoying >.> Could someone come up with a real topic.

Your not in the tourny, so of corse you want it to end cause you see no point. Point being, both Milotic and I have lives, but hopefully we can battle this sunday.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Opinion

Random thing, I notice that my toughest battles were done here in SPPf, not in Smogon. A big part of Smogon people are always using Hacked Pokémon too, I suppose they feel superior to anyone who knows that doesn't use hacked Pokémon and when they lose, they always disconnect (suffered about 10 so far). Diferent from SPPf, people here are nicer. I notice this even in the chat mode, when people don't know how to deactivate it, I keep hearing Smogon people blaming and yelling against the game, but SPPf was diferent, I even hear some laughs o_O Of course we mustn't generalizate, but I'm just commenting my oppinions, there're nice people in Smogon forums like The Mantyke and of course some SPPf people use hacked Pokémon.
I do notice a contrast in battles here, or they're too weak, or the battles are worth. In Smogon there are more average people, and the strong ones always disconnect and sometimes they say it was your fault =S
out of the 6 loses I have 4 of them were done against SPPf people. I can't really remember their names, but you all know Shiny Venusaur was one of them (I still want a revenge ;D). Xilaa was another person I've battled, got uberly haxed and lost. the other 4 I can't remember. But well, just trying to start a new topic and to comment my opinion about the two forums. Also I feel a lot more safe to perform a trade here than in Smogon. I didn't do a lot, actually just two trades, one with EEvan and the other with ... name doesn't matter :p but the person was really nice with me and he even gave me Pokévirus with the Pokémon I wanted.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
opinion

Random thing, I notice that my toughest battles were done here in SPPf, not in Smogon. A big part of Smogon people are always using Hacked Pokémon too, I suppose they feel superior to anyone who knows that doesn't use hacked Pokémon and when they lose, they always disconnect (suffered about 10 so far). Diferent from SPPf, people here are nicer. I notice this even in the chat mode, when people don't know how to deactivate it, I keep hearing Smogon people blaming and yelling against the game, but SPPf was diferent, I even hear some laughs o_O Of course we mustn't generalizate, but I'm just commenting my oppinions, there're nice people in Smogon forums like The Mantyke and of course some SPPf people use hacked Pokémon.
I do notice a contrast in battles here, or they're too weak, or the battles are worth. In Smogon there are more average people, and the strong ones always disconnect and sometimes they say it was your fault =S
out of the 6 loses I have 4 of them were done against SPPf people. I can't really remember their names, but you all know Shiny Venusaur was one of them (I still want a revenge ;D). Xilaa was another person I've battled, got uberly haxed and lost. the other 4 I can't remember. But well, just trying to start a new topic and to comment my opinion about the two forums. Also I feel a lot more safe to perform a trade here than in Smogon. I didn't do a lot, actually just two trades, one with EEvan and the other with ... name doesn't matter :p but the person was really nice with me and he even gave me Pokévirus with the Pokémon I wanted.

I have to say that either you are really unlucky or I am really lucky or both. Because on smogon I have only fought 2 persons who D/C'd on me. But one was right after I got a swordsdance in on the first turn (could mean an error) and the second was in a huge stallwar. But I have to say that smogon people underestimate serebii people. According to smogon they all suck (and in the case of some gymladder thingy it's true) but in the chat there are really some decent trainers.

Also I just lost to major hax, firstly a dd dragonnite does max damage with outrage against gastrodon with 1 dd barely ko-ing it. I really didn't saw that one coming as it can survive swordsdanced outrages from garchomp. It got confused that turn and snapped right out of it when I tried to icebeam it KO-ing another pokemon (of course that was a big risk of me). Than I burn this guys metagross who in the next turn (after I switched) used a critical hit explosion again barely KO-ing the pokemon, if it wasn't for the critical hit I would have survived and sweep as I tried against volteon (he knows what I mean, but I ask him not to reveal it to shinyvenussaur because of the tourney). And after that I get a swordsdance in, only to get my party ruined by a critical hit EQ. Again without the critical hit I would have KO'd his gengar he send out next.

P.S. Shiny Venussaur I will be waiting in serebii wi-fi chat at 9 pm GMT+1 for the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.