• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion Jared 14

Since it's the day after chrsitmas now, I'm thinking about getting a gamecube for pokemon colosseum, or pokemon XD. But I just don't know which game to get first. I believe that they both offer johto starters, but colosseum gives ho-oh, and XD gives lugia. However, you have to win 100 Mt. Battle wins without leaving or losing. And I think you get Lugia at the end of XD. But from what I read, I heard that it's easier to purify pokemon in XD, so if I get the cube, I think I'll get XD first. Anybody else have these games?

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Get Colosseum.

It has a nice 'colosseum mode' which provides challenges similar to the Battle Tower (main difference is that they are 8 battles long). In addition, you can still get 4 of the 5 stat-up berries (all except Liechi) in Colo, and in going through the colosseum mode you will end up with at least 2 of them. Plus, there is no 3rd/4th gen game currently offering all 3 dogs other than Colo.

And as far as Mt. Battle goes in Colosseum: You start with 5 'continues' in case of a loss, permitting you to redo a battle. Whenever you beat an opponent without losing one of your own, you get an extra continue. The first few sets of ten face you against many unevolved pokemon, and its easy to rack up the continues. Personally, I used a team with a kyogre and Latias, and perfect cleared EVERY battle, except 1.

Last edited:

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
Get Colosseum.

It has a nice 'colosseum mode' which provides challenges similar to the Battle Tower (main difference is that they are 8 battles long). In addition, you can still get 4 of the 5 stat-up berries (all except Liechi) in Colo, and in going through the colosseum mode you will end up with at least 2 of them. Plus, there is no 3rd/4th gen game currently offering all 3 dogs other than Colo.

And as far as Mt. Battle goes in Colosseum: You start with 5 'continues' in case of a loss, permitting you to redo a battle. Whenever you beat an opponent without losing one of your own, you get an extra continue. The first few sets of ten face you against many unevolved pokemon, and its easy to rack up the continues. Personally, I used a team with a kyogre and Latias, and perfect cleared EVERY battle, except 1.

well i played colleseum and cant beat it. its to hard i got tired and i quite now after 3months im back but still cant beat it. i accidently killed a shadow pokemon so i think thats why nothing is happening so im going to start over later.

Volteon

Back I guess??
XD is just an entertaining Pokémon game with much better stuff than Colosseum. XD also has a Mt.Battle challenge and you can even EV train there. Purifying in Colosseum is boring and repetitive, in XD it's quite challenging and it actually makes you think. XD's story is also much more rich in creativity and diversification. And it doesn't end there. You've got XD's Move Tutor, the only way to teach Snorlax SelfDestruct, much more prizes and the special moves. Even if they are mostly Refresh and Charm, it's still much, but MUCH better than Colosseum's zero special moves. Heal Bell Dragonite is very useful, Baton Pass Zapdos is perfect for it, and many other stuff. Colosseum's shadow Pokémon are worse than normal ones. They have only that sucky move that only hits everything with neutral damage. XD's in the other hand are wonderful and fit the message that "Shadow Pokémon > Normal ones". Shadow Pokémon didn't make any sense until XD came.

Oh and all the prizes from Colosseum are also in XD. So you can get those Berries there too, excluding Liechi.

Something I don't like in Colosseum is that excuse they made to find shadow Pokémon "I have a special power!" ... this really isn't a Pokémon game plot =(

XD is IMO, the best Pokémon game made for a console game. Definately beats Pokémon Stadium, Snap, PBR and Ranch and etc.

Last edited:

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
^Okay, so I've never played XD... I was just talking up Colo.

YAY, just beat Emerald, and going for Gold Tactics!

Champion Jared 14

Annoying Sibling anyone?

I need to get a rant off my chest, so here goes!! Sorry for the length in advance!!

I have a sibling, and he is my older brother. Mind you we were both introduced to pokemon at the same time, when it first came out in america. We didn't get the games and gameboys until yellow version came out. We went crazy just over how to catch pokemon and get pokeballs. Our friends had been playing them for a while before us, but we got ours.

More to the point, I've played pokemon relatively consistently ever since the first generation, and have a copy of almost every one of the handheld games (excluding blue and gold in my case), and I went on to buy every other version my money could buy. The only other ones I don't have are the Gamecube games, and the pokemon ranger games, the pinball games, the box for Ru/Sa, Stadium games, trozei, blah blah, etc. Did I miss anything there?

Anywho, He basically stopped playing after gold and silver came out and we got them for christmas like, in whatever year that was... But, he was suppoded to get gold, and I get silver. The idiot got silver version too. Idiot. He stopped, and said how childish I was for continuing on, and even as I got my crystal version, and all the ones that came after that, he was like, "Jared, when are you ever gonna grow up, and STOP playing pokemon?!" "It's for kids only!!" And I'm sitting there, thinking in my head, well, there are much older players in the world, even adults. Especially in the pokemon world, which is where I wish I would be so I could really tune out his BS>

But I've been playing ever since, and I've enjoyed it greatly. Pokemon will always be a great part of my childhood, and even as I get more mature as a young adult, I think I'll never stop playing pokemon. Always appreciating what fun it's brought to me by playing it, even if my brother says I'll never get married, or have kids, or have any friends, JUST because I still play pokemon. That's what makes me SO UPSET with him, and I just think he's an idiot.

Let me get to why I'm REALLY mad. I will watch pokemon occasionally on TV, and I'll play my games whenever I get the chance. And I'm on serebii too, which I love! And he'll be sitting there next to me, and be like, What kind of pokemon stuff are you looking at today? He'll ask that and be all interested, and think that's very hypocritical as he's not even interested in it one bit. He sound's so DUMB when he thinks he knows what he's talking about, and he left it in like, years ago. What makes me mad is that he thinks he can beat me in a battle with my own pokemon, and he'd be like, Jared, I know it's been years, but I still know pokemon attacks. Yeah, only ones in the first gen. Thundebolt, flamethrower... etc... He says, I bet I could be you, and I be a pokemon master if pokemon were real, and PwZ you with mah Charizard's flamethrowa'~!!! W00t!!

Mind you, this is coming from a 21 year old brother of mine. I think he beat me in like, one or two link battles when we were young. But he ALWAYS used Mewtwo against me, and that thing was Uber. I always used my favorite, articuno, but he won. Anyways, I don't think he'll stand a chance against me today... I dunno, maybe we will finally link battle somehow... But he's still an idiot.... Just had to put this out there.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
I need to get a rant off my chest, so here goes!! Sorry for the length in advance!!

I have a sibling, and he is my older brother. Mind you we were both introduced to pokemon at the same time, when it first came out in america. We didn't get the games and gameboys until yellow version came out. We went crazy just over how to catch pokemon and get pokeballs. Our friends had been playing them for a while before us, but we got ours.

More to the point, I've played pokemon relatively consistently ever since the first generation, and have a copy of almost every one of the handheld games (excluding blue and gold in my case), and I went on to buy every other version my money could buy. The only other ones I don't have are the Gamecube games, and the pokemon ranger games, the pinball games, the box for Ru/Sa, Stadium games, trozei, blah blah, etc. Did I miss anything there?

Anywho, He basically stopped playing after gold and silver came out and we got them for christmas like, in whatever year that was... But, he was suppoded to get gold, and I get silver. The idiot got silver version too. Idiot. He stopped, and said how childish I was for continuing on, and even as I got my crystal version, and all the ones that came after that, he was like, "Jared, when are you ever gonna grow up, and STOP playing pokemon?!" "It's for kids only!!" And I'm sitting there, thinking in my head, well, there are much older players in the world, even adults. Especially in the pokemon world, which is where I wish I would be so I could really tune out his BS>

But I've been playing ever since, and I've enjoyed it greatly. Pokemon will always be a great part of my childhood, and even as I get more mature as a young adult, I think I'll never stop playing pokemon. Always appreciating what fun it's brought to me by playing it, even if my brother says I'll never get married, or have kids, or have any friends, JUST because I still play pokemon. That's what makes me SO UPSET with him, and I just think he's an idiot.

Let me get to why I'm REALLY mad. I will watch pokemon occasionally on TV, and I'll play my games whenever I get the chance. And I'm on serebii too, which I love! And he'll be sitting there next to me, and be like, What kind of pokemon stuff are you looking at today? He'll ask that and be all interested, and think that's very hypocritical as he's not even interested in it one bit. He sound's so DUMB when he thinks he knows what he's talking about, and he left it in like, years ago. What makes me mad is that he thinks he can beat me in a battle with my own pokemon, and he'd be like, Jared, I know it's been years, but I still know pokemon attacks. Yeah, only ones in the first gen. Thundebolt, flamethrower... etc... He says, I bet I could be you, and I be a pokemon master if pokemon were real, and PwZ you with mah Charizard's flamethrowa'~!!! W00t!!

Mind you, this is coming from a 21 year old brother of mine. I think he beat me in like, one or two link battles when we were young. But he ALWAYS used Mewtwo against me, and that thing was Uber. I always used my favorite, articuno, but he won. Anyways, I don't think he'll stand a chance against me today... I dunno, maybe we will finally link battle somehow... But he's still an idiot.... Just had to put this out there.

well you remind me of my brother and i he is 16 and im 18 iv been playing pokemon longer than him. i started back in Red/blue, he started back in gold and silver era and stoped until Ruby and Saphire then stoped and didnt even play till D/P. but anyways to my point in between all of that time he would always make fun of me, tease me, and make jokes but id let him cause when we even had an issue in anything we settled it like MEN well more like nerdy men and we had a battle a 6 on 6 battle with our in-game teams and well i always won and then he still makes fun of me and yet again i let him my point is even though he made jokes and called me a loser and what not, it didnt bother me at all cause i was playing something i like, not what other people made me believe that pokemon was for little kids.

here is an example of me. im currently in my last year of high school so you can say im a senior. just about all my friends knows a PokeManiac and so do the girls. for christmas my friend she got me a pokemon plushie doll of a cranidos and a pokemon D/P pack of cards. =D my point again is i have a sh*t load of friends that are girls and the rest are friends that are guys and they all know my favorite thnig in the world is pokemon they also are not big fans of it at all they also think its for babies but the fact is your bro doesnt know what he is talking about cause they dont care that i like it cause they are cool with it.

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

^^Wow, you're 18 too Falco?! MY birthday was in October, when was yours? I was a senior, but I'm actually a freshman in college now..... Wow, what else do we have in common?! Yeah, I forgot to mention, when I first got pokemon sapphire, (I reserved it and got in on the first day) I got up to the elite four, and my pokemon were like, in the mid 40's, what I'd consider majorly underleveled. I quit on the elite four, I was using mostly water types, sharpedo, swampert, kyogre, a flyer, etc. But I gave up... My brother got lucky and beat it for me, and that was it, no more for him... Of course he must've used the potions and healing items I had, but I was scared at how new this generation was to me...

Anywho, that was before I truly was regular with serebii's site, as I think I was only a lurker on these pages at the time, so I didn't know a lot about them. But from then on, using serebii, I've gotten even better!!

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
^^Wow, you're 18 too Falco?! MY birthday was in October, when was yours? I was a senior, but I'm actually a freshman in college now..... Wow, what else do we have in common?! Yeah, I forgot to mention, when I first got pokemon sapphire, (I reserved it and got in on the first day) I got up to the elite four, and my pokemon were like, in the mid 40's, what I'd consider majorly underleveled. I quit on the elite four, I was using mostly water types, sharpedo, swampert, kyogre, a flyer, etc. But I gave up... My brother got lucky and beat it for me, and that was it, no more for him... Of course he must've used the potions and healing items I had, but I was scared at how new this generation was to me...

Anywho, that was before I truly was regular with serebii's site, as I think I was only a lurker on these pages at the time, so I didn't know a lot about them. But from then on, using serebii, I've gotten even better!!

lol, yes im 18 my birthday was august 8,2008. actually my 18th birthday was on 8/8/08 lol.

Champion Jared 14

So, you were born in 1990 too, but you're in high school, and I'm in college, woah, IDK what happened there... Oh, I think that's because I started school early, as a 4 yr old...

But anyways, I've been going through the REALLY OLD Battle frontier thread... The one from 2005 I believe? Yeah, it's got some good stuff in there. I wish the mods there would move it from the FAQ section to get more posts... But I saw some of your old posts in there Falco, it made my day!

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
In other news:

SILVER TACTICS GET!

er.. DANGIT!

Lost in first battle of round 6.

Sceptile used Leaf Blade on Quilfish. Only a sliver of health remains.

Quilfish used sludge bomb. I have about 18 HP left, but end up poisoned and KOed.

Latias KOes quilfish.

Foe sends up Tentacruel. I use Psychic, for what I thought would be a OHKO (again, just a sliver of HP left on it)... and I get mirror coated. Should've calm minded first.

I hate those guys. things that you should have beat.

Anyways, Expert Evan is living proof that you can't be too old for Pokemon.

Again, any suggestions for a Blaziken or Gardevoir/Gallade?

Champion Jared 14

^^You beat Tucker right? Is that what you're trying to say? Sorry, I'm a lil slow, but you guys'll get used to that for the time being as I can post until school starts back up. Anyways, I like mixed Blaziken, as many others do variations of the endure/rev set, but

Blaziken@ Choice Scarf
Mild 76 atk/ 216 SpA/ 216 Spe

Overheat/Fire Blast
Sky Uppercut
Thunderpunch
Hidden Power Ice

Yeah, the mixed set lets me deal with unsightly walls, and even the occasional dragon that shows up. Not sure about Gallade, I haven't used him yet...

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
^Yes I beat Tucker.

On my old emerald I had silvers across the board with golds at the dome and pike.

And in recent happenings,

I just fought a geodude in the Dome that took 10 meteor mashes to KO.

It used protect against 4 of them. I missed 4 times, hit twice. The first time its focus band kicks in, so it didn't have brightpowder, and it never used double team. (Remember, clear body prevents accuracy loss). Thankfully Geodude are weak, but still, that's one of few times where hax is overcome.

Oh, one more thing.

My Metagross currently knows:
Meteor Mash
Agility
Earthquake
Explosion

Now that I'm getting some BP, I was wondering what I should use to replace explosion in the Pike/Pyramid (due to the fact that self-KO=bad in those two).
Rock Slide seems to be good options, but I don't know if there is another, better tutor/tm move for it.

Also, other than thunderpunch, are there any tutor moves I should get prior to D/P transfer?

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

On my old emerald I had silvers across the board with golds at the dome and pike.
That is exactly what I have on my current file on my emerald!!

But why do you want to get rid of explosion? Explosion helped me get through some tough situations whenever I was down and out in the pike, well not the pyramid, I kinda know what you mean... I think you should leave it, and use Slaking, he worked WONDERS for me in the battle pike AND pyramid.

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
GOLD TACTICS GET!

I'm doing the pike next.

I got cheated out of the luck symbol twice already. My pokemon had been hit by that random status thing just prior to it, and I chose the room that doesn't heal you before fighting her, twice... ugh

Well, it was using this team +my Metagross for those symbols last time around, in all facilities save the factory.

In the pyramid runs I had sludge bomb on the Metagross instead of explosion, but I really didn't it much. I like Metagross due to the poison immunity. When you do the pyramid level with toxic running rampant, he's fine!

Latias@ Lum Berry
Bold
Don't know EVs off the top of my head, but I know Sp. Atk is maxed (with a 31 IV+252EVs)
Psychic
Calm Mind
Surf
Ice Beam

And I replace one slot with recover for the pyramid.

Sceptile @ Shell Bell
Modest
252 spd, 252 sp. atk, 6 def.
Leaf Blade
Toxic
Crunch
Dragon Claw

(This guy can take one super effective non-STABed attack from just about everything, and can often take an aerial ace. 31 iv in defense.)

^I'm thinking about giving it ThunderPunch. If so, where should it go?

I was also thinking about a set like this for the palace:
Metagross @ Choice Band
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Rock Slide
---Empty slot--/Sludge Bomb/whatever else you guys have to suggest.

Empty slot would be nice to minimize getting a cruddy move, but I don't know.

If you have a choice band will your pokémon ever choose to not attack?

Last edited:

Shiny Crobat

Yes, it will choose not to attack even when it has a CB. I think Thunder Punch would be good on Sceptile, if you don't have TP, you'll have no electric coverage.

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Okay, so I'll clone it then drop dragon claw. That'll mean that I finally have an effective anti-gyarados weapon, yay!

Hey, sweet, I just realized something.

If I put Rock Slide on Metagross, I'll actually have 2 anti-shedinja pokemon. I think I'll use that for the Arena, due to the no-switch policy.

EDIT: Silver Luck Get!!!

Say, to all current members, do you think it would be worth having a D/P wifi tournament next month sometime, or build up for a 'Platinum Launch Event'?

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

^^Nukada, what's the nature of the metagross that you're using in the palace?

I just can't keep going in the battle pyramid. I guess the reason why I was successful in the battle pike was that I knew how to avoid battles well, but I can't do that so well in the pyramid. Will have to raise different pokemon for each round that I haven't tackled already.

Gamecube came in the mail today!!! I will go pick up a "used" copy of pokemon XD tomorrow since I'm sure they reset the game... And my gamecube is refurnished so it should work with the game, and all this used stuff, I am saving big time~!!

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
So, you were born in 1990 too, but you're in high school, and I'm in college, woah, IDK what happened there... Oh, I think that's because I started school early, as a 4 yr old...

But anyways, I've been going through the REALLY OLD Battle frontier thread... The one from 2005 I believe? Yeah, it's got some good stuff in there. I wish the mods there would move it from the FAQ section to get more posts... But I saw some of your old posts in there Falco, it made my day!
i started school at age 5. and lol. you saw my post. =D i got infracted cause of it. lol, look at the date i posted it and the guy who posted it before me.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
well my next attempt at the emerald battle factory shall be tomorrow when I expect to be at the airport or on the airplane going away for a week. If I do get gold, I'll be sure to post the battle record on youtube, so wish me luck. Hopefully the odds of winning will be better than the Detroit Lions ever winning a football game.

Status
Not open for further replies.