• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
EE's battle frontier gold parties

Without further due, but might end up redoing due to poor video quality, here's the battle factory gold match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU4Xw6m6lCc

Anyways, here's an update of my battle frontier on how I got all 7 gold symbols:

1. Battle Pyramid: ;289; ;376; ;350; Milotic defeated moltres with surf
2. Battle Pike: ;121; ;376; ;289; Slaking defeated gyarados with aerial ace
3. Battle Arena: ;214; ;282; ;289; Gardevoir defeated breloom with psychic
4. Battle Dome: ;289; ;376; ;121; Slaking defeated metagross with earthquake
5. Battle Palace: ;121; ;376; ;242; Blissey defeated suicune with seismic toss
6. Battle Tower: ;373; ;143; ;121; Starmie defeated snorlax with surf
7. Battle Factory: ;381; ;154; ;143; Latios defeated hariyama with dragon claw

Battle Dome rematch: Shedinja defeated metagross with shadow ball
Battle Tower rematch 1: Swampert defeated snorlax with earthquake
Battle Tower rematch 2: Salamence defeated snorlax with brick break

1. Battle Pyramid gold team
slaking, adamant, truant, holding choice band, flawless attack, EV: 6 hp, 252 attack/speed
- return
- shadow ball
- earthquake
- aerial ace

metagross, adamant, clear body, holding focus band, flawless hp/attack/speed, EV: 252 attack/speed, 6 hp
- meteor mash
- earthquake
- rock slide
- explosion

milotic, bold, marvel scale, holding scope lens, wonderfully outstanding, forgot IVs/EVs
- surf
- ice beam
- hypnosis
- recover

2. Battle Pike gold team
Starmie, modest, holding petaya berry, flawless sp.att/speed, EV: 252 sp.att/speed, 6hp
- surf
- ice beam
- thunderbolt
- psychic

metagross, holding lum berry (same as battle pyramid)
- meteor mash
- earthquake
- rock slide
- explosion

slaking, holding choice band (same as battle pyramid)
- return
- shadow ball
- earthquake
- aerial ace

3. Battle Arena gold team
Heracross, adamant, guts, holding focus band, flawless attack/speed, EV: 6HP, 252 attack/speed
- megahorn
- brick break
- earthquake
- rock slide

gardevoir, modest, traced gengar's levitate, holding leftovers, flawless sp.att/speed/sp.def, EV: 6HP, 252 sp.att/speed
- psychic
- thunderbolt
- calm mind
- fire punch

slaking, adamant, truant, holding choice band, flawless attack/speed, 29 HP, 28 defense, 25 sp.def, 9 sp.att, EV: 6 hp, 252 attack/speed
- return
- shadow ball
- earthquake
- focus punch

4. Battle Dome gold team
slaking, holding choice band (same as battle Arena)
- return
- shadow ball
- earthquake
- focus punch

metagross, holding lum berry (same as battle pyramid & pike)
- meteor mash
- earthquake
- rock slide
- explosion

Starmie, holding petaya berry (same as battle pike)
- surf
- ice beam
- thunderbolt
- psychic

5. Battle Palace gold team
Starmie, naive, natural cure, holding brightpowder, flawless sp.att/speed, 252 sp.att/speed, 6hp
- surf
- ice beam
- thunderbolt
- recover

metagross, naughty, clear body, holding lum berry, flawless attack/speed, 252 attack/speed, 6 hp
- meteor mash
- earthquake
- shadow ball
- double team

blissey, bold, natural cure, holding leftovers, flawless sp.def, EV: 252 HP/defense, 6 sp.def
- seismic toss
- aromatherapy
- softboiled
- toxic

6. Battle Tower gold team
Salamence, adamant, holding choice band, flawless attack/speed, EV: 252 attack/speed, 6 hp
- double edge
- earthquake
- aerial ace
- brick break

Snorlax (shiny), calm (I know should've been careful), holding leftovers, flawless defense, EV: 252 hp/sp.def, 6 defense
- curse
- rest
- shadow ball
- return

Starmie, modest, holding brightpowder, flawless sp.att/speed, EV: 252 sp.att/speed, 6hp
- surf
- ice beam
- thunderbolt
- psychic

7. Battle Factory gold team
latios, modest, holding brightpowder, EV: 170 HP/defense/sp.def (#846)
- thunderwave
- calm mind
- dragon claw
- recover

meganium, calm, holding leftovers, EV: 170 HP/defense/sp.def (#541)
- substitute
- leech seed
- grasswhistle
- double team

snorlax, adamant, holding quick claw, EV: 255 attack/defense (#748)
- curse
- double edge
- shadow ball
- brick break

(last 3 pokemon info courtesy of http://www.upokecenter.com/games/emerald/guides/bfpokemon.html )

Last edited:

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Volteon, did you ever check whether you were able to obtain Hustle or Serene Grace ability yet (after pal parking them to D/P) for your Togepi?

And congratulations, EE! You have achieved the (near) impossible...maybe you could stand up against the Platinum Battle Frontier after all. I'll be looking forward to your video...

Oh, and EE, you're a cloner, right? If I remember correctly from your Smogon thread...

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Yes that is true that I'm a cloner in D/P as I use an AR for that.

Anyways, that reminds me, my 42 wins in the Single Battle Factory Open lands me in a tie at 9th on the rankings which I wasn't sure if that topic is even still open. Link = http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=161954

Uncertain when we'll attempt to continue the streak as that all seems unimportant now. I'll probably return back to the battle frontier for whenever I need more battle points for certain move tutors as I can at least use the bettor guy to help boost my points.

Last edited:

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Yes that is true that I'm a cloner in D/P as I use an AR for that.

Anyways, that reminds me, my 42 wins in the Single Battle Factory Open lands me in a tie at 9th on the rankings which I wasn't sure if that topic is even still open. Link = http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=161954

Uncertain when we'll attempt to continue the streak as that all seems unimportant now. I'll probably return back to the battle frontier for whenever I need more battle points for certain move tutors as I can at least use the bettor guy to help boost my points.

I see...I was expecting cloning via GTS or something...oh well. =\

But yeah, that feat was really impressive, I should say. Not a whole lot of people can achieve it, I guess. And speaking of my very old thread, I'd bump it, but since the thread is already as old as it is, I'd rather not bump it and save myself from being infracted. There's no other option than that, so...

(I think remaking this ranking hall for Emerald is out of the question, since Platinum is almost out, and I may consider creating the ranking hall for this Battle Frontier a couple months after Platinum is out. I'd do it right at the start of the date, but I need to give people other time to achieve their own records.)

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
lol i was looking through the youtube vids that i subscribed to and i saw this shady one with a latios in it. checked the name and its jfalberg aka EE. awsome match and congrads. =D

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
ITS THE APOCALYPSE!!!! EE HAS WON!!!

HUZZAH!

Me, I've got 5 wins at the pike, going on 10.

Don't eat that starf berry before cloning it...

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
In re-reading above I had made a few corrections based on the list of battle frontier pokemon that I found a link from PB88's old topic he used as a reference. In looking forward to the Platinum frontier, I hope it won't take me another 3 years to get all 5 gold symbols like it did with emerald. In retrospect, Emerald battle frontier will still have game value for some years to come as there are still precious move tutors that are not available in D/P/Pl and I am using the battle pyramid as inspiration towards my school project which I hope to complete in the next few months.

Part of my project will also discuss about how Flash games have evolved over the years, so I am going to research some articles about an early Flash programmer named Jonathon Gay as well. While I may not be a perfectionist, I mainly just want to get it done and move on.

Few thoughts from my son's final streaks in the Battle Factory were as follows: sub-seed meganium was fun to use, latias sweep was easy as it even outsped and OHKO a few other latios foes, and regirock's annoyance came handy in our favor. Also latios' thunderwave was most key in the final streak as it paralyzed a critical hitting dodrio which probably made it unable to move enabling either snorlax to get in a blow or meganium to setup, etc... Also having a balanced team such as snorlax, umbreon & lanturn seems to go a long way too.

Volteon

Back I guess??
The ability turns into Hustle =/
That's what I was afraid of and it actually happened... well, it wasn't a major time loss because Pokémon X.D. happens to be one of my favorite games.
and it has flawless attack too so who knows? hah.

And have you played battles after Noland? Which round you lost if the streak is over?

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
I haven't played anymore battle since Noland in Open though I'm tempted to continue at any time, will probably start at any time. My level 50 team once again got stopped at trainer #17 like many times before as it was unable to stop a calm mind & cosmic power lunatone as gligar's guillotine missed 3 times in a row. If I at least continue Open streak and beat at least one trainer, that'd be great, otherwise I'd rather retire from the factory completely.

Edit: might as well continue with Battle Factory as current streak has 42 wins, 21 swaps.

Choices are:
1. armaldo, adamant, scope lens, slash, aerial ace, ancient power, protect
2. articuno, docile, brightpowder, ice beam, facade, aerial ace, protect
3. gengar, modest, lum berry, psychic, fire punch, ice punch, destiny bond

4. glalie, quirky, salac berry, explosion, endure, body slam, icy wind
5. ursaring, docile, quick claw, facade, earthquake, crunch, bulk up
6. medicham, docile, focus band, psychic, hi jump kick, calm mind, baton pass

Some pretty bad choices indeed as I intend to go with articuno, medicham & gengar...

well the team did defeat a team with blastoise, exploud & swampert but something bad just happened: my game froze, so now my streak is disqualified from continuing. This never happened before. Well I'm retired from battle factory for sure now.

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
This is simply awful =/

My Emerald frost only one time, but I was just walking. Also happened once with Pearl in the middle of Wi-Fi battle.

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
I understand the link up thing. Those connections can be ended at any time for no reason. However, aside from my first Emerald completely dying (it doesn't load, but even then it never froze on me), and when messing around with the AR for GBA (rather touchy, you give it a nudge and the game ends...), I've never had my game freeze.

In my game news, I lost on the last room of round 7 of the Pike. Just before I fought a 'normal' trainer, who managed to leave me with just a latias w/ 8 HP. In the last room I find a normal trainer, who KOes me with a Shadow Ball... Frak.

Shiny Crobat

Wow, TGS is really active again!

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Well one thing I recently noticed: when TGS started, I already had 6 gold symbols along with the gold shield. In just the past few weeks was it when my emerald game finally achieved it's last gold symbol needed from the factory.

Last edited:

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
as long as more people post the club will stay up and plus platinum is coming out soon so this club isnt going anywhere but up.lol

Edit: we should start getting loads of new members cause of the new frontier. =D

EE, you do know there is a new battle factory, right?

Lord Scalgon

What title?
The ability turns into Hustle =/
That's what I was afraid of and it actually happened... well, it wasn't a major time loss because Pokémon X.D. happens to be one of my favorite games.
and it has flawless attack too so who knows? hah.

Hm, I concur. Although XD is the only way you can ever obtain a Boomlax and whatnot. Sucks that it's Hustle at the end. Which reminds me - I took a big gamble on attempting to possess a Lv. 50 Porygon-Z that's timid and has Tri-Attack (I think normally learned at lv. 53). Decided to rare candy this Porygon to 36 to learn Tri-Attack in Emerald, then I transferred to my Diamond, then evolved it soon after. Thank god the ability was still Trace (so it becomes Adaptability once fully evolved to Porygon-Z).

Biggest gamble ever for me, so far, and it paid off.

Anyway, I devoted around 3 hours of my time to catching Cresselia, I caught this modest Cresselia, and since I couldn't really resist the IV's, I decided to keep this one.

IV's:
HP: 26-27
ATK: 10-13
DEF: 16-17
SP.ATK: 26-27
SP.DEF: 28-29
SPD: 22-23

I can't think of a suitable moveset, but I have this in mind, but I don't know...

Sunny Day/Calm Mind
Solarbeam/Ice Beam
Psychic
Moonlight

EV's are still in question, but yeah. Suggestions, anyone?

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
I really don't have much experience using cresselia except for a bold version I used on shoddybattle one time which had an annoying moveset of rest, sleep talk, psycho shift and ice beam while holding flame orb. The idea is that cresselia gets burned on the first turn and the shifts its status to foe and can do the same while its asleep.

So far as there being another battle factory in platinum, I look at it this way: if the Arizona Cardinals can win not just one but at least 2 postseason games for the first time in 61 years, then so be it.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Looking back yes the Battle Factory was the most grueling facility for me in emerald as further details at around pages 45-46 describe what myself and Nevada11 went through back at around Christmas time in 2006. I believe I even may have mentioned that Battle Factory should've had the luck symbol since it was full of hax. The final battle which is now on Youtube turned out to be the easiest of all gold symbol matches which did not involve a rematch since not a single pokemon went down as all latios had to do was setup then sweep.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
ok well since Platinum is coming out soon i wont be posting till it comes out. i will once in a while come a visit just to keep this thread on the first page.=D

i will be back, im not out of pokemon just yet. =D

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Well in the meantime I am working towards getting my master's degree project done as I've been reading through an ActionScript 3.0 book and gotten through 9 out of 12 chapters so far. I am confident that once I finished the book I should be able to put together my project using the examples from the book and get it done once and for all by late March.

Status
Not open for further replies.