• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
The Battle Pyramid (strategic pokemon)

Here are some pokemon to use at specific rounds in the Battle Pyramid as follows:

Round 1:

Linoone
Nature: Adamant or Jolly
EV: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Covet
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- ????

One of the keys to success in the battle pyramid is to stock up on items and best to do that in the earlier rounds when there are trainers with much weaker pokemon. Fight all weaker pokemon with 2 stronger sweepers preferably a physical sweeper that knows earthquake and desireably resistant to electric (flygon, salamence, gligar) along with a special sweeper that knows psychic preferably a levitating one in event of double battles (gengar, lati@s). Linoone has the 10% opportunity to pickup essential items, and you can covet items on trainer pokemon as well. Ideal hold items necessary are choice band (for physical pokemon later on), shell bell for HP recovery, focus band to possibly help save a revive item and scope lens for any possible critical hits. Since there's a limit of items to carry, try to limit to 2-3 different hold items while you'll definitely need the best healing items.

Round 6:

Houndoom
Nature: Modest
Trait: Flash Fire
EV: 252 sp.atk, 252 speed, 6 HP
- flamethrower
- crunch
- protect
- roar

Round 6 has the wild trapper pokemon so you cannot switch nor run away from wynaut/wobbuffet, so along comes the perfect counter, resistant to mirror coat and can also roar away. Houndoom can also easily OHKO all the other weak wild pokemon as well.

Lapras
Nature: Modest
Trait: Water Absorb
EV: lots of HP & Sp.atk, rest in defense
- surf
- ice beam
- thunderbolt
- psychic / rain dance

Houndoom needs help when facing a trainer with water pokemon, so switch in to lapras to predict a surf, and its HP gets healed instantly, and can also dish out a thunderbolt to be super effective.

For a 3rd pokemon, slaking & metagross are great choices.

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
New Topic!

All right! That was pretty good! Many thanks go to the people who posted above this one. If you still want to post along this (or any other) topic, feel free to do so. Just make sure that you say what topic you are going to post about.

This next topic is probably aimed at the more experienced members...

What was your hardest facility and why?

The Battle Arena

Since I really haven't done as much, I can't say a whole lot, but I can say that (so far) it was the Arena, for me. Time after time (about round #6-7), I kept getting haxed by a DUGTRIO! All of its Fissures kept hitting! At one point, Salamence (in the yellow) took an Ancientpower and survived with 15 HP! I would've won, but my dragon FLINCHED. Then came the Fissures...

Miscellaneous

As for getting another symbol...

I'm breeding a Skarmory, that's all I'm going to say...

Last edited:

Metagross

Battle Factory

It's got be factory because of rental Pokemon,you don't know what your expecting,i came close on two occasions,but lost at the last hurdle,when facing frontier brains,except for the factory,i always do my homework on them.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
The Battle Tower (hardest challenge)

Of the 6 gold symbols earned in the first attempt, none of them were really considered that easy as at least one of my pokemon always fainted and any stroke of luck could have gone the other way possible, so I choose battle tower with anabel as being the toughest as I had the following team:

salamence @ choice band
nature: adamant
EVs: 252 attack/speed, 6 HP
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- Double Edge

Snorlax @ Leftovers (shiny)
nature: calm (careful is recommended)
EVs: 252 HP/sp.def, 6 Defense
- Curse
- Rest
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Starmie @ Brightpowder
nature: Modest
trait: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 sp.atk/speed, 6 HP
- surf
- ice beam
- thunderbolt
- psychic

The time it took for me to get to gold in battle tower after winning previous gold in battle palace was about 2 months and was oh so close to reaching anabel on few occasions. This one time I finally made it straight to anabel was a risk since I included in my party my new shiny snorlax of an undesireable calm nature which still had flawless defense & impressive in abilities which still outstalled an articuno in a previous match.

As the match took place, salamence OHKO raikou with earthquake, then switched to snorlax with latios on the field which allowed it 2 calm minds. snorlax was only able to get in a curse and a return and failed to hit latios on a 2nd return when it fainted. Now was starmie to face a half-health latios as it 2HKO latios with ice beam while dragon claw missed with starmie's brightpowder. Now came anabel's curselax and it cursed on the switch to salamence. snorlax did curse & rest a few times and hit salamence with return which got salamence's HP at exactly 1 allowing salamence to get at least one more brick break in to make it low enough for starmie's surf to get the job done.

Now if only I can make it to battle factory gold noland... 35 wins away currently.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Battle Tower

Hardest was Battle Tower, a close second is Factory.

Tower I had:

Starmie @ Brightpowder
Modest
252 S.attack 252 Speed 6 HP
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Surf
Psychic

Salamence @ Scope lens
Adamant
252 attack 252 Speed 6 HP
Earthquake
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Return

Blissey @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP 252 Defense 6 S.defense
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Counter
Aromateraphy

Smart and obvious switch for Blissey against Raikou, it uses thundebolt and takes some HP, next 5 turns I used Seismic toss and Softboiled to finish with Raikou, then Latios could *misteriously* do two Critical hit Dragon Claw on my Blissey... Starmie is in the arena now, I ce Beamed once and red HP for Latios, the rest you can imagine... another CHit Dragon Claw ¬_¬ Salamence simply used Aerial ace on Latios to appear Snorlax O_O I kept Brick Breaking until Snorlax uses Return after two or one Curse(s) and put me on red HP. The it was the time to payback those Critical Hits! CH Brick Break on it =D

So lucky! Ah this was Anabel in the 105th battle, the Gold battle (in the 70th battle) was easier.

Factory I had:
Vaporeon
Latios (psychical)
Blissey (not sure)

First Noland´s Pokémon was Shiftry, obviously no Water will battle a strong grass Pokémon without Ice attacks, so I switched for Blissey, it used Explosion ¬_¬
Vaporeon returned in the battle, against a weak opponent, Schuckle.
Three Surfs and it was out, but I had 30% of my HP when it happened, I was also poisoned.
Regirock appeared, I tried one Surf, but Quick Claw activated and he killed me with an Rock Slide...
Latios IIRC had Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Thunder Wave and another Psychical attack. I used Thunder Wave first, so did Regirock, then I remembered once that I was in Battle Tower and I lost to a Regirock that used Explosion in my last Pokémon, and they both had the same moveset, I kept Earthquaking until I got paralyzed for 5 turns in a row, in the end of that 5th turn, we both had red HP, then cool! Latios used Shadow Ball o_O I pressed the wrong button >_< Regirock used Rock Slide again, and it missed! the next turn I was paralized, so was Regirock, then I could finally use Earthquake to end the battle!

I don´t know how I could win o_O

Icy Wind

Pyramid King
The Battle Arena

The Battle Arena

It was hard mainly because you can't change pokemon, but also because of the annoying Fake out and Protect users and the cheap 100% accuracy OHKO users. It also takes ages to finish a round and when I finally made to Gold Greta the first time, she beat me and I had to do it all over again.

Last edited:
OK, I have decided to make a new team and I want to know, what movesets, pokemon, and items are the best for each place in the BF. This is on my 2nd backup emerald that has no symbols. The only place you don't have to help me in is the battle factory, because you don't know what you can get.

medaton

I said, Bring It ON!
Battle Tower

just joining, and i have to say the battle tower was easy for me in ruby, but not emerald. in ruby i won up to the 106, but in emerald my max was 13. oh, and in ruby, i did it all with a pelipper, a ____, and a shedinja. the ____ was different every time, so i forget which was best.

that gold shield is definently something to brag about.

i think the ruby prizes for the tower were better then the points in emerald

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
Exception

I want everyone to know that although medaton doesn't have any Gold Frontier Symbols, he is an expert. So, I have admitted him into the club. A Gold Card in any version isn't an easy feat! A Tower streak of 106 doesn't hurt either!

Miscellaneous

You have to remember that with the BP you can choose what you want. How were the items obtained in Ruby? Was it random or were they in a set order?

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
The Battle Tower (Ruby & Sapphire)

While the Battle Tower in ruby & sapphire is much easier than emerald overall, there are still pokemon with perilous moves and hax items to beware of as I prepared in this following guide:

Ruby/Sapphire Battle Tower perilous Pokémon guide

I used the following pokemon to get me to gold shield in both ruby & sapphire as follows:

salamence @ lum berry
EV: 252 attack/speed, 6 HP
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break

starmie @ brightpowder
nature: modest
trait: natural cure
EV: 252 sp.atk/speed, 6 HP
- surf
- ice beam
- thunderbolt
- psychic

metagross @ leftovers
EV: 252 attack, 128 HP/sp.def
- meteor mash
- earthquake
- shadow ball
- agility

For the first 6 rounds I used heracross instead of metagross to handle more of the normal pests, metagross is mainly to outstall lati@s and to mash at pesky ice types. salamence can setup with dragon dance and sweep more frequently, starmie can make up for salamences weaknesses to ice and other intimidators. metagross with agility to get the upper hand with speed.

dragontamer_blake

Battle-Dome trainer
You know, you're right. I think that there are two sides to that, though. You see, the pokemon only uses turn #2 if the opponent survives the first hit. Even if the opposing trainer still has pokemon left, he's still down by one. So, those moves (Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, and Hyper Beam) can be useful for a hard-hitting first punch (like Slaking).

hm....yes i see your point but what iif for instance venusaur use frenzyplant and kills a blastoise(just an example)but then what if the next pokemon was a pidgeot or a flareon or a pokemon that knew a fire/flying move you would die and end up also losing a pokemon of yours maybe even your best.

expert evan:i use the exact same slaking except i have ariel ace over focus punch it works very well for me in the dome.

p.s absol i like the summit banner very nice

Metagross

Metagross lacks speed to sweep effectively,therefore i like Salamence a lot better.

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
Metagross/Salamence

I prefer Salamence, as well. Metagross certainly has his place, though!

1. Its type (Steel) is solid against most attacks, and as an added bonus he gains immunity to Poison.

2. Its ability (Clear Body) speaks for itself. No stat can be lowered.

3. With a really high speed IV, and proper EV training, it can outrun most of the pokemon with average speed.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Miscellaneous (Heracross)

A pokemon that I more commonly use in earlier rounds until certain legendary pokemon such as lati@s or other legendary birds appear is that of heracross as follows:

Heracross @ focus band
Nature: adamant
Trait: Guts
- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Basically heracross is an all-out sweeper. Give it a focus band to possibly survive a drill peck from dodrio or faster flying pokemon. Heracross can sweep most weaker pokemon. Heracross was also part of my gold arena team and in my battle dome gold rematch where I let shedinja face Tucker.

dragontamer_blake

Battle-Dome trainer
metagross/salamence

i prefer metagross over salamence beacuse a)meta is immune to poison b)it can take more hits than salamence.but this is just my opinion other people have different opinions beacuse this is about personal preference.

Miscellaneous
i have done it!i have officially recieved a gold symbol*claps and cheers in background*so now i can officially become part of the golden summit club yay

Icy Wind

Pyramid King
Miscellaneous (Metagross or Salamence)

I prefer Metagross over Salamence because it's one of the few sweepers that have a very high attack but also good defenses, plus the inmunity to poison, clear body and lum berry make it an awesome pokemon. It also is my favorite Pokemon.

Salamence has the same attack but also a very good speed, that makes it appropiate for early rounds along with Heracross. If you use it in the later rounds you must be very careful because almost every water pokemon has Ice Beam and psychic pokemon Ice Punch.

medaton

I said, Bring It ON!
Battle Tower R&s

in ruby and sapphire, the battle tower gave you vitamins for the first 5 rounds. after taht ou can win one of these, radomly i think:
bright powder
choice band
focus band
king's rock
leftovers
mental herb
quick claw
sope lens
white herb

those are some pretty good prizes imo. i think they are the same as you get in emerald's shop.

MISCELLANEOUS

how do i get one of those emblems with the gold symbols on it?

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
signature banners

in ruby and sapphire, the battle tower gave you vitamins for the first 5 rounds. after taht ou can win one of these, radomly i think:
bright powder
choice band
focus band
king's rock
leftovers
mental herb
quick claw
sope lens
white herb

those are some pretty good prizes imo. i think they are the same as you get in emerald's shop.

MISCELLANEOUS

how do i get one of those emblems with the gold symbols on it?

ruby/sapphire prizes are worth it to earn especially if you can get a good streak going.

My streaks still stand at 105 in both my games as my current concentration is to try to get my final gold symbol in emerald in battle factory, which streaks in both levels are currently at 14. I oftentimes cannot get past the 3rd round and 4 out of 6 times I cannot even make it past the 29th trainer. The farthest I've gone was to trainer #36 only to get swept by victreebel's giga drain since I chose tyranitar, marowak & lanturn all having a weakness to grass as I should've chosen altaria or skarmory instead of marowak that time.

I got my signature banner from co-owner Volteon. He may help you out if you ask him.

Metagross

Of Topic:Do you really have a shiny Deoxys
On Topic:I agree in the later stages many pokemon will have Ice Beam,so will they have earthquake,Metagross Special defense and speed are very average,therefore water becomes a problem,one fire attack will swipe it out,it depends on your team needs,Salamence won me Tower Gold with speed of 263,i got that up by dragon dance once,then sweep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.