• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

medaton

I said, Bring It ON!
CM Blissey

cm blissey would be ok, i guess. it would cover most of its really bad stats, but it would be really weird. what would she know?

OFF TOPIC QUESTION:

what is the best 3 pokemon for each of the facilities?

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
CM Blissey

I can't say I've ever trained a CM Blissey though there is a pesky blissey of such I've encountered in battle tower as it can ice beam my salamence to death and fire blast metagross to smithereens and it most likely has the serene grace ability so it can freeze or burn opponents. To counter it, I use my toxicstalling blissey or thick-fat snorlax may be as good as well.

OFF TOPIC QUESTION:

what is the best 3 pokemon for each of the facilities?
It all depends on your style of play. It would be impossible for me to always use the same pokemon as there are different sets of foes each round. In the early rounds, I use faster sweepers and when it gets tougher I may include any of the stallers there like blissey, dusclops, snorlax or swampert at that time.

Last edited:

Metagross

CM Blissey

for me a calm mind Blissey wouldn't work,in terms of stalling yes,but Blissey lacks special attack to use it effectively.

nevada11

Never forgotten
Blissey's special attack with max EV's can be 248-279 which is not bad for a calm minder. That Blissey in battle tower is available in the battle factory in round 3. I might raise a Bold Blissey in the pyramid to give it a try. Hopefully I don't get outstalled by Gengar to my last struggle.

medaton

I said, Bring It ON!
It all depends on your style of play. It would be impossible for me to always use the same pokemon as there are different sets of foes each round. In the early rounds, I use faster sweepers and when it gets tougher I may include any of the stallers there like blissey, dusclops, snorlax or swampert at that time.

i prefer covering my bases. i like knowing that i can take anything but the uber grumpig: all 3 punches+psychic+max sp. atk.
im thinking salamence sweeper, meta-tank, curselax?

Metagross

Battle Palace

for the palace i have adamant Salamence,Hardy Metagross,Timid Starmie which is the best order for this team.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
miscellaneous (grumpig counter)

i prefer covering my bases. i like knowing that i can take anything but the uber grumpig: all 3 punches+psychic+max sp. atk.
im thinking salamence sweeper, meta-tank, curselax?

To counter the likes of a grumpig or other psychic and normal pest, I use heracross with STAB moves in megahorn & brick break at least with max attack & speed.

Icy Wind

Pyramid King
Battle Palace

for the palace i have adamant Salamence,Hardy Metagross,Timid Starmie which is the best order for this team.

I didn't use that pokemon in the palace but I did in the Tower. I started with Metagross, if the opponent sends out a Fire type, switch to starmie, if the opponent sends out a ground type, switch to Salamence.

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
New Topic!

Okay, not so much on Blissey with Calm Mind... Although, I would argue that Shock Wave, Flamethrower, or Psychic would be good uses of her Sp. Attack boost. Well, here's the next Topic.

What would a good Tyranitar for the Frontier look like? (use "Tyranitar")

I asked this in the Official Serebii Forums Battle Frontier Help Thread. This was posted by Fighting Master.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 192 HP / 104 Atk / 52 Def / 160 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Beam

Well? I also heard that CBtar is okay, too.

Miscellaneous

I am probably not going to be able to post on a regular basis, so please start any topics you want (within reason eh?).

Last edited:

dragontamer_blake

Battle-Dome trainer
Tyranitar
i think the sets fighting master and medaton covered it pretty much i dont know about cbtar just something instead of dragondance fireblast maybe

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
Tyranitar

Why Fire Blast? I would think that physical moves would work better. What about Earthquake, Rock Slide, Aerial Ace (if you're worried about bugs or grass types), Brick Break, Return, Body Slam, etc.?

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Miscellaneous (Fire Blast)

Why Fire Blast? I would think that physical moves would work better. What about Earthquake, Rock Slide, Aerial Ace (if you're worried about bugs or grass types), Brick Break, Return, Body Slam, etc.?

While I'm not a fan of fire blast, the ideal is to deal with the likes of skarmory on netbattle since skarmory has godly defenses. In-game skarmory does not work like a netbattler.

Icy Wind

Pyramid King
Tyranitar

I don't like Adamant Pokemon with Special Attacks, so mine is like this:

Tyranitar
@ Scope Lens
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Hp
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Aerial Ace

dragontamer_blake

Battle-Dome trainer
Tyranitar
yes i was thinking of netbattle but i think eearthquake and ariel ace are good options

Metagross

Tyraniter

give it a all out physical moveset like Aerial ace to tackle hax,earthquake for fire/electric,Dragon dance twice then sweep,brick break for ice,dark,steel,normal.

Kalosian

So long
Miscellaneous

Absol 20/20 said:
Welcome to the Summit, 16 years later! Excellent post!

Thank you!

Now on to the other topics:

The Battle Arena

What was your hardest facility and why?

The Arena, as you see in the title. Why? I lost many times due to hax, just look:

Losses:

1. 40th trainer, she had an Exploding Glalie that OHKO'ed my Salamence.
2. 31st battle against a Ninjask & an Ursaring.
3. Battle 44 against a Slowbro with Quick claw & a Special Sweeping Porygon2.
4. 32nd battle against a Aerodactyl that got a CH Ancientpower at my Salamence
5. 14th battle against a Haxing Crawdaunt & a Grumpig.

Yes, I lost five times there. I was close at losing another time, but I won. You’ll see more about it later.

This was the Pokemon I used when I finally made it to the 56th battle:

Heracross (M) @ Focus Band ** Brave
Trait: Guts
Flawless Att / Spd
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Megahorn

Main physical Sweeper. It used to have Choice Band, but I switched it to Focus Band, and it really helped me.

Starmie @ Petaya Berry ** Ralhix
Trait: Natural cure
Flawless HP / Sp.att / Spd
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp.att / 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Special Sweeper. I used to have Gardevoir here, but then I switched it for Starmie, and it only fainted once in the 56 Battles (which was against the 55th trainer, btw).

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers ** Brutus
Trait: Intimidate
Flawless Att / Spd
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

Second physical Sweeper, I only needed to use it once, which was in the 55th battle. A Heracross had killed of My Heracross & Starmie, I sent out Salamence, Used Dragon Dance, Aerial ace, Heracross fainted, Trainer Sent out Flareon, Earthquake, Flareon fainted, trainer sent out Exploud, Earthquake again. Exploud used Mega Kick, leaving Salamence with 43 HP left, I used Earthquake again, and Exploud Fainted.

And here is how the battle against Greta was:

Start:
Greta sent out Umbreon!
Go! Heracross!

Turn 1:
Heracross used Megahorn (-100%)!
Umbreon fainted!
Greta sent out Gengar!

Turn 2:
Heracross used Rock slide (-35%)!
Gengar used Psychic (-70%)!
Gengar recovered with Leftovers (+3%).

Turn 3:
Heracross used Rock slide (-35%)!
Gengar used Psychic (-30%)!
Heracross Fainted!
Go! Starmie!
Gengar recovered with Leftovers (+3%).

Turn 4:
Starmie used Surf (-36%)!
Gengar fainted!
Greta sent out Breelom!

Turn 5:
Starmie used Ice Beam (-100%)!
Breelom fainted!

Player defeated Arena Captain Greta!

Miscellaneous

Curselax

How many times should you use Curse before Resting?

IMO, 1-3 times, depending on its Att/Def stats. If you get the chance to curse six times, it is worth it, but it may be enough with 1-3 times.

CM Blissey

What would a Calm Mind Blissey look like, and would it be effective?

Something like this, maybe:

Blissey @ Leftovers (or maybe something else)
Trait: I don’t think it makes any big difference, since both Natural cure & Serene Grace may be useful for it
Evs: No idea
Nature: Bold or Modest I think
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled
- Thunderbolt
- Ice beam

I don’t know if it would be effective. I used one with Fire Blast / Blizzard at the Factory once, it worked quite well, but I had to swap it for a Swampert.

Tyranitar

Absol 20/20 said:
Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 192 HP / 104 Atk / 52 Def / 160 Spd
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Beam

That moveset looks good, but what is it going to do with Ice Beam? A physical move is better for the last slot, IMO.

Icy Wind said:
Tyranitar
@ Scope Lens
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Hp
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Aerial Ace

That seems good to, with Aerial ace for haxers like Metagross said. It could also have the Evs: 88 HP / 252 Att / 168 Spd, if you want to give it more HP.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Miscellaneous (Dusclops, D/P evolutions)

Now that Diamond/Pearl is coming around soon. I am starting to consider certain pokemon that will have new evolutions and for perhaps future battle frontier purposes. For starters, I bred for an adamant elekid, wonderfully outstanding in abilities with flawless attack/speed since its attack stat will be much higher than sp.atk as an elekible and it will have a decent attack movepool as well. Now this leads me to another new evolution which I have already had some success with as follows:

Dusclops @ leftovers, flawless HP/defense/sp.def
Nature: careful
EVs: 252 HP, 56 attack, 96 defense, 104 sp.def
- pain split
- will-o-wisp
- seismic toss
- shadow ball

Since shadow ball will become a special attack instead of as an attack in D/P, I may have to re-breed for one with calm nature unless there will be a replaceable ghost attack as an attack type. Thoughts anybody?

Kalosian

So long
Miscellaneous ** Dusclops

Now that Diamond/Pearl is coming around soon. I am starting to consider certain pokemon that will have new evolutions and for perhaps future battle frontier purposes. For starters, I bred for an adamant elekid, wonderfully outstanding in abilities with flawless attack/speed since its attack stat will be much higher than sp.atk as an elekible and it will have a decent attack movepool as well. Now this leads me to another new evolution which I have already had some success with as follows:

Dusclops @ leftovers, flawless HP/defense/sp.def
Nature: careful
EVs: 252 HP, 56 attack, 96 defense, 104 sp.def
- pain split
- will-o-wisp
- seismic toss
- shadow ball

Since shadow ball will become a special attack instead of as an attack in D/P, I may have to re-breed for one with calm nature unless there will be a replaceable ghost attack as an attack type. Thoughts anybody?

I have a Dusclops that is almost identical to that one. And here is my other one, that i'm gonna raise for the Palace:

Dusclops (F) ** Clara (Will most likely be holding Leftovers)
Trait: Pressure
Flawless Def / Sp.att, wonderfully outstanding
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 172 Sp.att / 10 Sp.def
Nature: Calm
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderpunch

For D/P, you may replace Thunderpunch with Shadow ball, and make a sweeper, or use Psychic (if it is a Special attack in D/P).

Using one like that one you already have, you can breed for a Calm one & change the EVs from Att to Sp.att (and maybe put in Calm Mind somewhere).

Metagross

Breaking News

I just won Palace Gold,my third Gold Symbol after Dome and Tower,this was my team.

Metagross@Lum Berry
Trait:Clear Body
Hardy Nature
EVS:Attack 252/Defense 130/Speed 128
Meteor Mash
Psychic
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball

Snorlax@Leftovers
Trait:Thick Fat
Impish Nature
EVS:HP 210/Defense 150/Special Defense 150