• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Breaking News: Gold trophy

i need an ev spread and moveset for electivire, magmortar, skarmory (PLZ), and if it ain't pushing it, regigigas.

Also, I just got my final Gold BF symbol, so I will never have to play my old emerald again. I have to say, the Factory was the hardest because of the constant legendaries used by the opponent. But now the only reason I play my emerald is because It's the best pokemon game for ev training.

First off, congratulations on getting all gold BF symbols Pokemonger49777 as only so few can ever achieve that. I recently tried the factory for the heck of it and I could not even win a match anymore. As for electivire, I use an adamant with an EV spread of 252 attack/speed & 6 HP with the moves thunderpunch, ice punch, earthquake & cross chop though the standard suggests lonely with thunderbolt. I've been quite successful using electivire especially when I have gyarados or another water type on my team and switch into electivire when I predict an electrical attack so its motor drive can boost its speed. I did that twice in the recent Gamestop PBR tournament successfully. Sorry, can't help with magmortar, skarmory & regigigas though Smogon does have a D/P Analysis section that I often refer to.

Now to my breaking news:

After reviewing a few that have successfully made it to 105 wins in a smogon post with starmie, tyranitar & garchomp, I decided to give them a try and have now successfully made it to 105 wins in my pearl version though my son did most the work from trainers #57 through #101.

1. Starmie, modest, natural cure @ expert belt
IV: ~20/~28/~16/31/~26/31
EV: 6 HP, 252 sp.atk/speed
- surf
- ice beam
- thunderbolt
- psychic

2. tyranitar, adamant, female @ lum berry
IV: 31/31/~16/~10/~20/31
EV: 86 HP, 252 attack, 172 speed
- dragon dance
- taunt
- crunch
- earthquake

3. garchomp, jolly, male @ choice band
IV: 28/31/29/19/31/31
EV: 16 HP, 252 attack, 240 speed
- outrage
- earthquake
- crunch
- stone edge

According to my son, this team rocked. Only troubles I noticed though succeeded against included trick-room/gyroball bronzong and alakazam to name a few. Now to get gold trophy in my son's diamond version.

Now that I've achieved my goal in getting the gold trophy, I will probably be playing the games a little lesser since I have a few personal commitments I need to focus on this year. I'll still be around for trying to prepare some competitive teams for any future events that may come up.

Last edited:

-Discord-

Rawrtar
To anyone who thinks Manaphy isn't uber because of reasons..

a) limited movepool
b) not great in Ubers

Shut up.

a) So what, Kyogre has a limited movepool, Parukia doesn't have a beautiful movepool, and some others.

b) That's irrelevant, because an uber is a pokemon who overcentralized the STANDARD metagame, and Manaphy does that, it forces people to have a concrete counter, which doesn't even exist outside of ubers.

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
Miscellaneous

=) That's great, EE! ^^ I'll need to figure out a way of putting trophies on the front page, now... Need to actually find pictures... >_> Anyway, congratulations!

Well, I'm now breeding in Emerald for a Jolly Beldum, since I finally got BOTH a Timid and Modest Staryu with flawless Sp. Attack + Speed! :D

I'm not really doing it so much, though because I might have a source of income (teh almighty "MIGHT" -_-). So, currently, I'm waiting for the UPS store to get me my business cards. @_@

Okay, on to something else - please stop bickering, calling people stupid, etc. Just stop. First off, if Smogon says FOR SURE that a pokemon should be considered uber, than it probably should be considered uber. They've been at the competitive angle of pokemon for a VERY long time. I did go see the Manaphy discussion, though. IMO, we should just wait for the main site to get back up. Anyway, second, even if it is uber, and someone says it isn't, just state your case and let it go. Insulting people isn't what we do here. *takes a look at the rules* @_@ *adds* >_<''' Well, either way, it really shouldn't NEED to be in there... -_- So, just respect the other members here. Less experienced AND more experienced, alike. :)

Anyway, Pokemonger, super-mega-awesome congratulations! ^^ I'll update! =D ...as soon as the forum lets me! =D

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Who said it was one moveset? His ability, movepool and moves together make it a great poke. Smogon took over 4 months to make the tier list, please stop making links with dumb people saying manaphy isn't Uber. Manaphy is Uber, it can survive better than mew in the Uber metagame so please stop, you don't have ANY good arguments why it should not be Uber.

Smogon is the most competetive pokemon site in the world, I'm sure people like Surgo, Misty or Jumpman are alot smarter than you.

what do you mean, pldh has giveing you perfect ways and reasons why manaphy is NOT UBER. No rain=no fun if you have to SET IT UP it shouldnt be uber, it may be the light of OU but that doesnt make it uber, with out Kyogre its nothing so then what? you have Kyogre make rain and you think im going to let you not only switch in but Tail Glow? no when rain comes that means something that benifets from it is someing, Manaphy, Ludicolo, Suicune or anything with Swift swim. so its not like OMG ill sit here, let it TG and then switch.
To anyone who thinks Manaphy isn't uber because of reasons..

a) limited movepool
b) not great in Ubers

Shut up.

a) So what, Kyogre has a limited movepool, Parukia doesn't have a beautiful movepool, and some others.

thank you

Shiny Crobat

Manaphy

what do you mean, pldh has giveing you perfect ways and reasons why manaphy is NOT UBER. No rain=no fun if you have to SET IT UP it shouldnt be uber, it may be the light of OU but that doesnt make it uber, with out Kyogre its nothing so then what? you have Kyogre make rain and you think im going to let you not only switch in but Tail Glow? no when rain comes that means something that benifets from it is someing, Manaphy, Ludicolo, Suicune or anything with Swift swim. so its not like OMG ill sit here, let it TG and then switch.

thank you
I said you, it has great defences being able to survive alot even witout rain and tail glowing up, NOBODY EVER said it is Uber because of the rain.

"Mew isn't Uber because the only thing it can do is BP". This is what you're saying. It's Uber because of it's huge movepool, it just kills everything in OU. Same with speed Deoxys, with specs it's the best revenge killer possible in OU. Come on and stop doubting the best competetive pokemon site in the world.

Lugia, it has to set-up light screen so it isn't Uber. 0.o
Rayquaza has to DD first to destroy whole Uber teams, so it is't Uber. This is practically what you're saying about Manaphy, every poke can be countered. But in OU this is 'till a certain extend, that is why some pokemon deserve to be Uber.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I said you, it has great defences being able to survive alot even witout rain and tail glowing up, NOBODY EVER said it is Uber because of the rain.

Actually alot of people did just due to Hyrdorest, what if something uses skill swap? does it change tiers mid battle? no.

"Mew isn't Uber because the only thing it can do is BP". This is what you're saying. It's Uber because of it's huge movepool, it just kills everything in OU. Same with speed Deoxys, with specs it's the best revenge killer possible in OU. Come on and stop doubting the best competetive pokemon site in the world.

you cant compair Mew to Manaphy, sure there both 100 base's but Mew has alot better Move pool and can do more than one thing, manaphy on the other hand is really only cappable of pulling of 1 move set, not enough to be uber.

Lugia, it has to set-up light screen so it isn't Uber. 0.o
Rayquaza has to DD first to destroy whole Uber teams, so it is't Uber. This is practically what you're saying about Manaphy, every poke can be countered. But in OU this is 'till a certain extend, that is why some pokemon deserve to be Uber.

First, when does Lugia need a set up to a light screen? its one of the best tanks/walls in ubers metagame. And Rayquaza is never used due to its x4 ice weakness, which there are alot of pokes running IB around

my stuff is in bold

Shiny Crobat

Manaphy

my stuff is in bold
IC >.>

Lugia needs reflect to wall 50% of the Ubers.

And Manaphy can sweep better than Mew, WOW, something new huh? And rayquaza is NU, xD!!! Is the most used physical sweeper in Uber play, once it has a DD, Outrage destroys EVERYTHING. Get it? Manaphy can use it's moves very effectively with his ability, if a poke uses skill swap for some reason, it can make you win a game, but since manaphy always has the same great ability with the great movepool and stats, it's Uber.

Now stop arguing, Smogon knows more than you so STFU. I can't help that a weird forum you're member of uses the "moderately used" tier instead of BL. STOP, ok? just STOP.

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
Miscellaneous

Okay, that's enough. I want to see a link, right now that shows where Smogon says "Manaphy is uber"/"Manaphy is not uber" - and not just one member in a random post. From a moderator/other respected member in one of the main threads in a place where everyone can easily see it. That'll be the last post. If there is no such statement, then we will wait until the main site is up along with the OFFICIAL listing of the 4th gen tiers.

*ends argument*

-Discord-

Rawrtar
It's a sticky in the stark mountain section, everyone agrees too.

Shiny Crobat

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
Miscellaneous

All right. That's good. Well, it looks like Manaphy IS going to be considered Uber. However...

Smogon said:
This list is tentative. If you get in a fuss about tiers being listed, rethink your life. It will probably be revised over and over like any good tier list; it's a starting point.

So, we'll just have to wait and see if it changes at all. Meanwhile, that's a pretty good link to have, right now. I'll get it onto the front page.

And, how about this for a new one...

Is special/mixed Metagross still useful?

Solid question with the split in the moves and the addition of Zen Headbutt and that the Punches aren't special anymore.

Heh. Don't really know if this was asked already. XD

Well, I don't think it'll be as useful. Very limited special moveset, and it's physical sets are MUCH more impressive. Still never can tell, though... Might be used somehwere.

Last edited:

-Discord-

Rawrtar
All right. That's good. Well, it looks like Manaphy IS going to be considered Uber. However...

So, we'll just have to wait and see if it changes at all. Meanwhile, that's a pretty good link to have, right now. I'll get it onto the front page.

And, how about this for a new one...

Is special/mixed Metagross still useful?

Solid question with the split in the moves and the addition of Zen Headbutt and that the Punches aren't special anymore.

Heh. Don't really know if this was asked already. XD

Mixgross seems like a waste of potential if you ask me. Especially because the physical one has the best attacking moves imaginable. MM, EQ, Explosion, punches, pursuit. Metagross is awesome+

Absol, are you the person I should talk to about getting one of those awesome tc's?

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Miscellaneous

With the gyarados/electivire combo commonly known as "GyaraVire", I've also coined the starmie/garchomp combo in the battle tower as "starchomp" which is similar to gyaraVire but without the speed increase but still very effective in getting through the battle tower. My son is currently using the same team in his diamond game but with some slightly different movesets and so far has been haxed a few times in the 36-42 round which has also been a difficult one for me to pass as well. Last time I did reach the 36-42 round I had about 13 hp left in one of the matches so good thing that streak was the one that got my game up to 105 eventually.

Last edited:

Shiny Crobat

With the gyarados/electivire combo commonly known as "Gyaravile", I've also coined the starmie/garchomp combo in the battle tower as "starchomp" which is similar to gyaravile but without the speed increase but still very effective in getting through the battle tower. My son is currently using the same team in his diamond game but with some slightly different movesets and so far has been haxed a few times in the 36-42 round which has also been a difficult one for me to pass as well. Last time I did reach the 36-42 round I had about 13 hp left in one of the matches so good thing that streak was the one that got my game up to 105 eventually.
It's "gyaraviRe". And I don't see why you'd use that outside of the battle tower, it gets no boost in any way, and since starmie is faster, switching to garchomp isn't really that good.

Mixed Meragross:

I don't think it's really good, I thought I heard it takes down skarm with 2 TP's, so there's no reason IMO why you should use a mixed one.

Pokemonger49777

IT'S ASHER JESUS!!!
Skarm.

I need a nature, moveset, and ev spread for skarmory. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Shiny Crobat

Yes I do, use Smogon. They have this analysis section y'know. And the moveset depends on what purpose it's for.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
Tower

Absol already has it in there as I recommended it few months ago. Look for D/P Strategy and that's the same link.

Edit: this is post #1999, next will be #2000 whoop-de-do!

Looks like I have made the 2000th post. Yeah, good yob on this club absol 20/20.

Anyway, I went to the battle-tower to get some more battle points to obtain a choice-scarf. I found out that the para-flinching togekiss set just PWNS the tower. I knew it was a good adition to my wi-fi team, and now it serves well in the tower if I need any BP.

BTW, I beat palmer the second time on my first ever attempt.

Shiny Crobat

Congrats, but beating the second Palmer is friggin easy. The only thing that's threatening is explosion on Heatran.

Status
Not open for further replies.