• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Yeah, I want this to end too, and finish Golden Summit's touney in Wi-Fi seems the most pratical way right now, because I uninstalled NetBattle from my computer and I won't have Shoody. I still don't have wi-fi access, but I may have it soon.

I like this idea EEVan gave us. He can be the person who'll battle with everyone and choose the winner (Or the loser among the three).

I know I'm a little away from SPPf these days, it's all because of forum lag, but when I get the router, I'll post here my Friend Code ASAP.
If I really can't enter in SPPf check my signature in Smogon or PIforums and my friend code will be there. I'm Volteon everywhere.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I know Milotic111 is ready and Shiny Venusaur has wi-fi access and am hoping Volteon does too. We recently had to disqualify Shiny Venusaur from my son's tournament since he was holding up on getting in a final battle to advance to the semi-final round. Hopefully that won't happen here too.

Here's an idea which my son did for his tournament when it came down to 3 final contestants: he battled each of them and whomever did the best against him got the bye to the final round.

umm dont be blameing me for this. Every time he asked me to battle was when i was sleeping, he only asked at around 1 or 2 in the morning. and every time i was capable of battleing he wasnt around or had to go to work. I asked your son for a different pair up sence we were never on at the same time, which never happened.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
TGS tournament

Here's how this is going to work: I shall proceed in challenging all 3 of the remaining contestants in a wifi battle. The 2 that do the best against me shall be the ones that advance to the final round and the one that does the worst gets eliminated. If there happens to be a 2-way tie for whom does the worse, then those 2 shall face each other and the winner then faces the one that did the best as a final matchup. If by any chance there's a 3-way tie, then we'll have to do this all over again, but this time with different person, perhaps my son if he's willing to.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
tourney

Here's how this is going to work: I shall proceed in challenging all 3 of the remaining contestants in a wifi battle. The 2 that do the best against me shall be the ones that advance to the final round and the one that does the worst gets eliminated. If there happens to be a 2-way tie for whom does the worse, then those 2 shall face each other and the winner then faces the one that did the best as a final matchup. If by any chance there's a 3-way tie, then we'll have to do this all over again, but this time with different person, perhaps my son if he's willing to.

Sounds like a good idea.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Pm me with a time and date EE, though i can already tell you this week is a no go, seeing as its home comming ^^

anyway

Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
GMT-5

Volteon

Back I guess??
Okay good, tell me at what time you're avaliable online everyday and then I'll try to find a hotspot working at the time you're, then I'll tell you before going.

GMT here is -3.

I like this idea as well!

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
TGS Tournament

Great to see all 3 have responded here. Anyways I'm available generally during the week after 6PM EST (New York time) and weekend times may vary as I may often have to go out especially in the mornings and may swing by Toys R Us to pick up the Manaphy. The way this shall work is I plan to have a mostly OU team with no legendaries, item clause same like in battle tower. To be fair, I shall use the same team for everyone.

I will not reveal the outcome of each match until all 3 are finished.

Last edited:

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
tourney

Great to see all 3 have responded here. Anyways I'm available generally during the week after 6PM EST (New York time) and weekend times may vary as I may often have to go out especially in the mornings and may swing by Toys R Us to pick up the Manaphy. The way this shall work is I plan to have a mostly OU team with no legendaries, item clause same like in battle tower. To be fair, I shall use the same team for everyone.

I will not reveal the outcome of each match until all 3 are finished.

I don't quite remember if I am still in it, but I beleive I am. So my time here is GMT+2. I am this week available in the weekends at most 12:00+ (pm) times, and else after 20:00.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
this might be hard form me this weekend, if anything sunday would be the only day, due to Homecomming, and cross country meet this week.

Also, can someone pic up a spare Manaphy for me? i cant go do to reasons stated above, and i can give you a legit shiny Lugia with fairly good IVs or a Legit shiny Ho-oh or a Deoxys for it

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
TGS Tournament

I don't quite remember if I am still in it, but I beleive I am. So my time here is GMT+2. I am this week available in the weekends at most 12:00+ (pm) times, and else after 20:00.
Yes you are still in it

this might be hard form me this weekend, if anything sunday would be the only day, due to Homecomming, and cross country meet this week.

Also, can someone pic up a spare Manaphy for me? i cant go do to reasons stated above, and i can give you a legit shiny Lugia with fairly good IVs or a Legit shiny Ho-oh or a Deoxys for it
I will probably get this started Sunday night and would like to get this done within the next 2-week period. I'll do my best to get manaphy this Sunday as I'll of course need to clone it first.

Let's see what we got here: Milotic111 from Europe, Shiny Venusaur from North America, and Volteon from South America, so 3 continents shall be represented here.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Yes you are still in it

I will probably get this started Sunday night and would like to get this done within the next 2-week period. I'll do my best to get manaphy this Sunday as I'll of course need to clone it first.

Let's see what we got here: Milotic111 from Europe, Shiny Venusaur from North America, and Volteon from South America, so 3 continents shall be represented here.

cool, if you could get me a manaphy that would be great.
and LETS GO TEAM North America!! >_>

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
Miscellaneous

Hey, guys. Sorry for not posting as much as I should. I'll update Winter02's number of symbols which (I hope >_<) will be +1.

I think it's a great idea that you all are going to try to get the tourney back up! ^^

I'm also thinking about making a few changes... Nothing in the rules or structure on the main page (maybe not), but just expect... something. Something for the better, though, and it won't affect anybody's posting. =)

Shiny Crobat

cool, if you could get me a manaphy that would be great.
and LETS GO TEAM North America!! >_>
Please don't start this again, the REAL tiers have been released on smogon. Check em, manaphy is Uber (but that's just my and I think the rest of competetive battling). Ask the son of EE if it's possible to use Ubers in that tournament.

Well, could someone rate a team of mine?

nevada11

Never forgotten
Finally, Im able to post. Im borrowing an emerald so I can get a few ditto's faster than D/P. Currently, Im only soft-resetting for a good Azelf which seems very very challenging >=O. Normally, I would enter into the Wi-Fi tourney but I dont have permission to change my password settings which is WPA instead of WEP. But when it seems necessary, it might be fit to do so. Best luck to all.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Please don't start this again, the REAL tiers have been released on smogon. Check em, manaphy is Uber (but that's just my and I think the rest of competetive battling). Ask the son of EE if it's possible to use Ubers in that tournament.

Well, could someone rate a team of mine?

wtc are you talking about? Did i mention Tiers? no. all i did was ask if he could pick up a manaphy for me due to me not being able to get one. so stop being a d*ck and leave me alone

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
TRU Manaphy

Well folks, I went to Toys R Us and used the mystery gift on both diamond and pearl to acquire the level 50 manaphy. To get manaphy after doing the mystery gift, I need to see the green guy in the Hearthome pokemart where I can actually soft-reset until I get the manaphy with the desired nature/stats so this may take awhile. At least all I'd have to do is talk to the guy then check nature/stats and reset if undesired.

As a reminder, I shall be starting the TGS tournament challenge for the 3 remaining participants sometime tomorrow afternoon as I'll be using the same team with all 3 to be fair, and won't indicate how each has done compared with others.

Shiny Crobat

Well, IMO you shoudn't look at the score but the team building and battling skill, some teams may have succes against your particulair team but some not. This doesn't depend on skill but on the types the pokes have or not have. Please try to look at these aspects

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
TGS Tournament, etc.

Starting sometime later today I shall be ready to challenge the final 3 using the same team for all, so try to accomodate here. I am always reachable by AOL instant messenger when online, sometimes reachable by MSN messenger, and/or can be found on #spp-wifi or #smogon on MIRC as expert-evan, and of course private messaging, so no excuses that you cannot communicate with me.

TRU manaphy soft-reseting continues into today as here are a sample of some of the rejects I've gotten:

Manaphy - #490 (Timid)
HP: 6 - 7
Att: 22 - 23
Def: 18 - 19
SpA: 8 - 9
SpD: 26 - 27
Speed: 20 - 21
HP & sp.atk way too low.

Manaphy - #490 (Modest)
HP: 10 - 11
Att: 6 - 7
Def: 8 - 9
SpA: 14 - 15
SpD: 2 - 3
Speed: 30 - 31
good speed but everything else sucked.
so the soft resets may continue forever and ever...

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
wow EE gg on your part, no so much on mine but meh. good luck to Volteon and Milotic, you'll need it

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
TGS Tournament

1 down 2 to go. I know milotic111 is best available on weekends while volteon needs a hotspot. I want to get either of your matches completed by no later than Oct. 15, 2007 or else I'll have to resort to disqualifying, so neither shall want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.