• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
normal preparation

I have finished EV training a miltank & an ambipom (was an aipom) which I've received from recent wifi trades. I am also rebreeding for a tauros and am going for a timid togepi with choice specs. I also plan on using a jolly swellow holding flame orb which was the same one I originally bred and cloned for Milotic111 though I intend to teach this one protect so it can activate guts and in case I'm facing a slaking.

Good luck Volteon & Shiny Venusaur on your upcoming matches as I'm sure we're all anxiously awaiting for the results so we can move on.

Shiny Crobat

OK...? You could have asked me for the swellow...

Fake out on a slaking will be great xD What's the reason for timid on togekiss? It won't outspeed more pokemon, especially not in this tournament. Just me btw ;)

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
i beat Volteon 2:0

very close man very good too

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Tourny+ Gym team

Milotic111 IM A COMMIN' FOR YOU!!!

-----------------
anyway i need some help guys. for pldh.net were redoing the league, im switching types so can you help me out for my gym team? Theme is ice.

Abomasnow@leftovers
Nature:Timid
6/252/252[Hp/Speed/Special Attack]
Substitute
Leech Seed
Blizzard
Energy Ball
Lead off, starts the hail up. This set of Abomasnow is the subseeder form, aka lets annoy the crap out of people. with Hail, blizzard has 100% acc. only thing that worries me is steel types.

Weavile@Focus Sash
Nature:Adamant
252/252/6[speed/Attack/HP]
Ice Punch
Swords Dance
Brick Break
Night Slash
Need i say anything to this?

Salamence@Choice Specs
Nature:Modest
252/252/6[Speed/Special Attack/Hp]
Hydro Pump
Draco Metor
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower/Blizzard(blizzard for gym team)
Whats this? Why Shiny V. this isn't and Ice pokemon, what is it doing here? Yes im full awhere its not ice but this thing packs a punch, Blizzard is deadly on this. and besides everyone hates faceing specsmence =)

Glaceon@Leftovers
Nature:Calm
208/100/200[HP/Def/Special Attack]
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Yawn
Not really sure what to say, Glaceon has one of the most powerful Icebeam attacks in the game, in a sence she's a wall. yawn makes people mad as well as sub.

Walrein@Leftovers
Nature:Relaxed
Ability:Ice Body
252/252/6[HP/Defence/Special defence]
Rest/Yawn
Sleep Talk/Hail
Ice Beam
Earthquake/Stock pile
Ice body gets to be abused here =). Ive seen this work too for tanking, Stock pile for your defences, Ice beam to kill, rest when you need to. Plus you have double recovery and they take damage from hail

Froslass@Choice Specs
Nature:Timid
6/252/252[Hp/Speed/Special Attack]
Ice Beam
ThunderBolt
Shadow ball
Psychic
Dont well all just love our little ghost friend?... yeah thats all i got >_>

Well i do realize that i only have 1 physical sweeper. might come back to haunt me but anyway this is just a rough draft. C&C please

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
TGS Tournament

Congratulations you 2 on getting in an epic battle for the ages, and congratulations Shiny Venusaur on your victory. Now onto the finals whenever both finalists are ready. To better communicate, I recommend both of you go to Serebii's wifi chat which is also on mIRC as #spp-wifi. Good luck and this final match can be completed at any time now. We'd love to read the warstory of course when concluded.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Congratulations you 2 on getting in an epic battle for the ages, and congratulations Shiny Venusaur on your victory. Now onto the finals whenever both finalists are ready. To better communicate, I recommend both of you go to Serebii's wifi chat which is also on mIRC as #spp-wifi. Good luck and this final match can be completed at any time now. We'd love to read the warstory of course when concluded.

Hmm i'll try and warstory but i dont want to be to distracted. but i'll see what i can do. actually Milotic if you can, any change you can record it? that would be very epic.

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
Miscellaneous

Woot for Shiny Venusaur! ^^ Way to go! Now only one battle left before THE WINNER IS DECIDED! :D

Well, I just got a HUGE brainstorm (VERY LARGELY inspired by the recent victor ;D)! What if we were to give away a slightly better prize than the grouping of pixels on the front page (i.e., the trophy)? What if we ACTUALLY gave something away? Well, Shiny says that he can give a shiny, legitimate Lugia AND Ho-oh (BOTH) to Volteon AND Milotic! =) That makes two prizes and three competitors... Wellllll... I took that idea and ran with it! What if we gave away prizes for the victors? Well, here's how I think it can work (also, how Shiny Venusaur and I worked it out :p)...

If two competitors remain...

First place (winner of the match) gets a set of (legitimate, shiny)Lugia and Ho-oh!

Second place (loser of the match) gets a set of the three legendary dogs from GSC!

If three competitors remain (crazy situation like this year :p)...

First place gets a set of (legitimate, shiny) Lugia and Ho-oh!

Second place gets a set of the three legendary dogs from GSC!

Third place gets a set of Regis! (not sure about this, since you can get them pretty easily in R/S/E, but they might not be too common in the 4th generation...)

Well... Feedback, people? :D

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
@Expert Evan: For the other three moves on that Swellow, you have Facade, Brave Bird, and U-turn, correct? I've used such a Swellow with some success. Some other perhaps unorthodox Normal-types worth considering would be BP Smeargle and Countersash Zangoose (which also hits hard with Close Combat).

@Shiny Venusaur: I want a Salamence with Blizzard. :eek: Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get one. Mamoswine for another physical sweeper, perhaps? And why does Abomasnow need all those Speed EV's?

@Absol 20/20: Sounds good to me, although I would not be the one to consult considering I have had nothing to do with the tournament.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
@Shiny Venusaur: I want a Salamence with Blizzard. :eek: Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get one. Mamoswine for another physical sweeper, perhaps? And why does Abomasnow need all those Speed EV's?

Smogon set >_> I normaly hate smogon, but i had no idea on what do to with Abomasnow...

Woot for Shiny Venusaur! ^^ Way to go! Now only one battle left before THE WINNER IS DECIDED! :D

Well, I just got a HUGE brainstorm (VERY LARGELY inspired by the recent victor ;D)! What if we were to give away a slightly better prize than the grouping of pixels on the front page (i.e., the trophy)? What if we ACTUALLY gave something away? Well, Shiny says that he can give a shiny, legitimate Lugia AND Ho-oh (BOTH) to Volteon AND Milotic! =) That makes two prizes and three competitors... Wellllll... I took that idea and ran with it! What if we gave away prizes for the victors? Well, here's how I think it can work (also, how Shiny Venusaur and I worked it out :p)...

If two competitors remain...

First place (winner of the match) gets a set of (legitimate, shiny)Lugia and Ho-oh!

Second place (loser of the match) gets a set of the three legendary dogs from GSC!

If three competitors remain (crazy situation like this year :p)...

First place gets a set of (legitimate, shiny) Lugia and Ho-oh!

Second place gets a set of the three legendary dogs from GSC!

Third place gets a set of Regis! (not sure about this, since you can get them pretty easily in R/S/E, but they might not be too common in the 4th generation...)

Well... Feedback, people? :D

actually it was Milotic gets first pick at lugia or ho-oh, volteon got the other one ;)

EDIT: crap just relized that Salamence cant learned Blizzard ;_; it would have been soo good too >_>''

Last edited:

Shiny Crobat

Ok, the winner gets some pokes. Wouldn't competetive pokes be better as a price? I have a modest Raikou with cool stats. GL to both of you ;)

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Ok, the winner gets some pokes. Wouldn't competetive pokes be better as a price? I have a modest Raikou with cool stats. GL to both of you ;)

stats mean nothing >_> its the IVs and nature that matter.
And im not going to lie, i would rather get my own competitive pokemon than have someone do it for me

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Miscellaneous

At this time I know both Shiny Venusaur and Milotic111 are aware of the finals. Since I know one is in Europe and the other is in North America, the time differences should be taken into consideration.

I was expecting today there being a normal-type tournament, but since the organizer was not here today, we had the usual competitive tournament where it was one-match elimination. I actually lost in the first round to someone else whom used a ninjask/garchomp combo and I didn't have anything that could stop it. My son actually won the tournament as the trick-room bronzong he was using did the trick.

My normal-type team was ready as I was planning to use ambipom, tauros, porygon-z, staraptor, blissey & miltank while my son was going to use togekiss, swellow, blissey, tauros, porygon-z & slaking. Others I was also curious about using included linoone with belly drum & extremespeed and possibly a smeargle with spore, substitute, swords dance & baton pass.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
finals

For the finals I am available on Saturday from 8pm till 10pm, and on sunday I am available from 9pm till 10pm. All times are GMT+1.

Shiny Crobat

stats mean nothing >_> its the IVs and nature that matter.
And im not going to lie, i would rather get my own competitive pokemon than have someone do it for me

And the chance of random pokes having good stats is really low don't you think.

Then you won't get those pokes, I'm willing to give pokes away, but you just breed your own >.>

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
TGS tournament time zones.

For the finals I am available on Saturday from 8pm till 10pm, and on sunday I am available from 9pm till 10pm. All times are GMT+1.
I believe for Wisconsin (Chicago) time, that translates to 1pm to 3pm on Saturday and 2pm to 3pm on Sunday.

Good luck folks.

Edit: hopefully this will be done this weekend.

Last edited:

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
Tourney

I just found out that on Saturday I am NOT available anymore. We are going to the theater on Saturday. I hope that you are available on Sunday Shiny Venusaur.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I just found out that on Saturday I am NOT available anymore. We are going to the theater on Saturday. I hope that you are available on Sunday Shiny Venusaur.

k thats fine, im actually busy too. this has been a really busy week but ill try to make some time

Status
Not open for further replies.