• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~The Golden Summit!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
well my next attempt at the emerald battle factory shall be tomorrow when I expect to be at the airport or on the airplane going away for a week. If I do get gold, I'll be sure to post the battle record on youtube, so wish me luck. Hopefully the odds of winning will be better than the Detroit Lions ever winning a football game.
lol i hope you do get it or atleast tape the attempt. =D

also i finally got a good trickroom Beldum

hp-30
atk-31
def-31
speed-1
sp.a - 9
sp.d - 15

also anyone know a good place to EV fast in well everything HP, ATK, DEF, SPEED, SP.A, SP.D ?

Last edited:

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Jared, its adamant.

I've never spent the time required to make a Palace team, I try my luck with my normal team, and I was planning on throwing one together, but then my first emerald died.

Oh, and the Metagross is Adamant.

When I breed for my Gardevoir/Gallade and Blaziken i'll be sure to use a delinquent, er... unique ralts/torchic for the pokemon special olympics that is the palace.

@Falco, nice trick room Beldum. Don't forget that there are plenty of slower things that might benefit from the room more than it.

And sorry, I only know EV places on Emerald:
Defense: Magma Hideout
Speed: The route just right of mauville and the water, left of the Berry Master. Run from Kecleon.
Sp. Atk: The ashy route. Run from Skarmory. Both Spinda and Slugma grant sp. atk.
Atk: Super rod in the long river next to fortree. You can double up ev training and Feebas hunting this way.
HP: Whimser in that little cave.

... I forgot where to find Sp. Def off the top of my head.. sorry. Oh wait, tentacool fill that bill.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
Jared, its adamant.

I've never spent the time required to make a Palace team, I try my luck with my normal team, and I was planning on throwing one together, but then my first emerald died.

Oh, and the Metagross is Adamant.

When I breed for my Gardevoir/Gallade and Blaziken i'll be sure to use a delinquent, er... unique ralts/torchic for the pokemon special olympics that is the palace.

@Falco, nice trick room Beldum. Don't forget that there are plenty of slower things that might benefit from the room more than it.

And sorry, I only know EV places on Emerald:
Defense: Magma Hideout
Speed: The route just right of mauville and the water, left of the Berry Master. Run from Kecleon.
Sp. Atk: The ashy route. Run from Skarmory. Both Spinda and Slugma grant sp. atk.
Atk: Super rod in the long river next to fortree. You can double up ev training and Feebas hunting this way.
HP: Whimser in that little cave.

... I forgot where to find Sp. Def off the top of my head.. sorry. Oh wait, tentacool fill that bill.

ok cool, i actually like the attack idea even thought i already have a Febass with eggmove Mirror Coat

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
I did that when training my Metagross, but had no luck with a Feebas. Instead I found a shiny Carvanha.

Does anyone want to try a small 'Golden Summit' wi-fi tournament to ring in Platinum?

Create a team of 6 to use, following all Frontier/Tower rules, with those banned pokemon, only one of each held item, etc.

Post the 6 you would use on this thread, giving only species name.

When the matchup is made, enter the wi-fi connection with 3 of the pokemon you submitted, in the order you want, and fight. Best of 3.

Oh, and good luck on beating the Factory, EE!

Last edited:

nevada11

Never forgotten
Holy crap, this is still alive o_O?

(One of the original members of this thread years ago)

Glad to see things picking up.

Still gutted over my Emerald(Over 1000 hours of breeding, battling, etc etc) and my Pearl loss and coming back to my ensuming Pokemon hobby might be harder than it seems |: But I still I have to catch up one of thse days.

And good luck on the factory EE, as I wasn't able to beat it with my old Emerald game. But with a rented version from a friend, I was able to beat it in my second try.

Could have something to do with the cartridges D:

Boy the Battle Factory brings back good memories

Anybody, say EE, has any good suggestions as to how I can prepare for Pokemon Platinum(I.E. Breeding and such). That would be a good start for me getting into my d/p games a bit more.

Last edited:

Shiny Crobat

Well, what do you mean by preparing for breeding? AR? Because it's annoying as always.

Champion Jared 14

Yes!! A copy of pokemon XD is mine finally!! You know, I actually kinda like this game, even though the music in the beginning was getting annoying cause I couldn't find that Jovi, or whatever girl. Oh well, I don't have a memory card yet, so none of my progress will be saved, so I'll have to work on getting one so I can officially get started.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
Holy crap, this is still alive o_O?

yes its still alive,lol

it wasnt easy actually i got infracted i think 2-3 times trying o get people to post. but thankfully someone managed to poat and that got other people talking we also didnt want to see this place go down. hopefully when other member come back and see this on the first section of the club section they might just start posting again. =D

Last edited:

Absol 20/20

Seasoned Trainer
Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone! Thanks for keeping the place up and going! ^^ I don't know if you'll see more of me next year, or not, but hopefully yes. :p

Expert Evan said:
well my next attempt at the emerald battle factory shall be tomorrow when I expect to be at the airport or on the airplane going away for a week. If I do get gold, I'll be sure to post the battle record on youtube, so wish me luck. Hopefully the odds of winning will be better than the Detroit Lions ever winning a football game.

Don't give up, EE! At this point, you're beyond "due" for a win! o.o'

And, thanks a lot, for all the posting and encouragement, Falco. =)

Wishing you all a Happy New Year! =D

Champion Jared 14

Wishing an 'early' happy new year to everyone, WoW, everyone is coming out in here from the woodworks!! Cool!! It's good to see everyone. I don't know if I'll post later, so I'm doing one now just in case. And gook luck on the battle factory EE!! I'll will definitely be waiting to see that video.

Wow, its good to see life still in this club!

Happy NY to all golden summit-ers, and good luck to Evan. It would be awesome if you finally completed your 'quest'. Unfortunately I dont have anything substantial to say about my battling, as any plans will be put on hold until at least platinum. I may come back to battling for the platinum frontier, but I will likely focus on chaining. ;123;

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Front Page'd!!!

Er... hello, how are you?

I got hit out of a Pike battle... I don't remember how it went, but it certainly wasn't in my favor.

Now at 2 wins, going for 10. I need my symbol.

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
nice to see that everyone is posting. =D and we actually got nevada11, absol 20/20, and shiny crobat. =D

Champion Jared 14

Oh man, I can't believe how hard it is just to obtain a memory card for gamecube!!! I guess those consoles aren't being made anymore along with the nintendo wifi wireless USB connector either... What a shame... I've looked at all local gaming areas (gamestops) and even on the web, which I really don't want to get it from the web, and wait for one. Heck, I don't even know how to buy things online with my credit card anyways... Oh well, I might break down to the internet again, but currently, the search continues!!

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
Oh man, I can't believe how hard it is just to obtain a memory card for gamecube!!! I guess those consoles aren't being made anymore along with the nintendo wifi wireless USB connector either... What a shame... I've looked at all local gaming areas (gamestops) and even on the web, which I really don't want to get it from the web, and wait for one. Heck, I don't even know how to buy things online with my credit card anyways... Oh well, I might break down to the internet again, but currently, the search continues!!

lol, i still have my memory card. anyways who is getting ready for pokemon showdown?

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Wow, I'm surprised this club is still kicking. To be honest, I don't know when's the last time I posted here... o_O

Anyway, I gotta prepare myself once Platinum comes out. For the record, one day, I was bored, and I managed to catch the legendary trio with these IV's:

Azelf
Nature: Timid
EV's: 50 HP, 244 Sp.Atk, 216 Spd
HP: 29
ATK: 2
DEF: 17
SP.ATK: 21
SP.DEF: 26
SPD: 31

One of my most prized competitive legendaries ever (despite 21 IV's in Sp.Atk). 301 HP at level 100 to endure another S-Toss hit from incoming Blisseys. Go me.

Mesprit
Nature: Bold
HP: 26
ATK: 1
DEF: 29
SP.ATK: 14
SP.DEF: 12
SPD: 29

Not too impressive, I guess...but I got tired of soft-resetting...

Uxie
Nature: Bold
HP: 24
ATK: 4
DEF: 23
SP.ATK: 26
SP.DEF: 26
SPD: 31

Yet another one of my most prized legendaries. Plus, it's untouched.

Anyway...that's all I gotta say...for now.

(P.S.: If only if there was a cloner for these...)

Volteon

Back I guess??
huh talking about IVs I wanna show the TriAttack Togepi I just got =p

Togepi - #175 (Mild)
HP: 6
Att: 31
Def: 12
SpA: 31
SpD: 1
Speed: 31

Defensive IVs sucks badly, and the Nature doesn't collaborate much too, but for a Choiced sweeper, it's decent enough! SR for Tri Attack Togepi is annoying, you have to keep using the Scents to find out the Nature most of the times and there's that chance of Hustle vs Serene Grace. well, I'm happy with it. I can even try a Choice Band one Mixed even with +S.atk nature. Well, at least a trophy it is =p

...huh yeah, Champion Jared made me want play Pokémon X.D. for the third time =p
If you have any questions tell me ok! ... when you get the Memory Card... hope you find one.

And yes! GS is back =)
countdown to Platinum's release date.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
Breaking News: don't want to miss this

Expert Evan's Emerald game now has the 7th and final gold symbol after almost 3 years since getting the previous gold.

So here's a recap from when battle factory got to 21 wins before: was able to make successful swaps for jynx (lovely kiss, attract, substitute, dreameater), shuckle (double team, toxic, substitute, ????) and hariyama as hariyama usually got the job done.

So as we were waiting for our plane at Kennedy airport on New Year's eve, my son started playing the emerald battle factory as we had to remind each other that dragon claw was a special attack while shadow ball was physical, and he was successfully able to make it to 28 wins with a starting team of snorlax, umbreon & lanturn as I don't recall there being any swaps. I believe there may have been at least one close call but was always able to make it through the end.

At the start of rounds 29-35 was an abundance of legendaries and strong pokemon to choose from as the starting team was latias (special sweeper), regirock (herb-sweeper) & metagross. latias dominated most the matches though few swaps included metagross for salamence, and regirock for dusclops.

So #36 was where my previous streak had ever ended, and my son still kept going. So latios (thunderwave, recover, calm mind, dragon claw) was an easy choice, and among the starters, (meganium, blastoise, typhlosion & one other) meganium was another easy choice after we saw that it had the annoying moveset of substitute, leech seed, grasswhistle & double team, and final choice was the same adamant snorlax from rounds 22-28 with curse, double edge and few other physical moves. At the beginning it looked like another hax as foe dodrio got in a few critical hits. I walked away at first not wanting to see a possible disappointment though when I came back a few minutes later, meganium had already setup on a foe charizard as it needed to avoid getting hit from any fire blasts at least. So after that match, my son was able to get a few more in before boarding the plane as match #38 had meganium already sucking the life out of a scizor. So there were 4 more matches to go, for the gold, just win 4 more matches. Shortly after the plane made its departure, the final 4 went underway, and latios had no trouble setting up and dominating most the matches. I don't recall if there were any swaps as I may have recalled seeing a regirock up against steelix, or was that from any of the matches from #29-#35, can't seem to recall.

Finally, the re-match with Noland after I last easily beat him over 3 years ago with breloom would now go underway. First up was latios against his meganium. I recall all other meganiums besides the sub-seed set were quite bad, so latios started with a thunderwave, then proceeded with 3 calm minds while meganium did endure and only got in one poor flail before latios started to sweep with dragon claw (a special attack in emerald). Next up is houndoom whom goes first with a non-stab physical attack shadow ball which does not do half-damage to latios before it gets OHKO'd by dragon claw. Final pokemon to face was hariyama as latios went first with dragon claw for the OHKO to secure the win. Once hariyama went down did we realize that the emerald game finally accomplished what seemed to be frustratingly impossible for the past 3 years, and all on New Year's eve.

Since we kept the battle record of the Gold symbol match, expect a youtube video of it to come soon.

I can now finally join my co-owners as now having 7 gold symbols along with the gold shield.

Expect a youtube video coming soon as I'm sure there may be some interesting comments to be posted there.

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
That's awesome Evan! Really congratulations on the deserved 7th gold symbol! And sure I'm waiting the YouTube video!

Status
Not open for further replies.